May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,676 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    It's going to be a long night for me tonight helping Mom with bathing tonight as well as helping with the fruit (need it since I'm attempting to go to work tomorrow).

Hello @MadameLee
    It is very kind and caring of you to help your Mother with bathing, and with the cutting up of the fruit <3 She would appreciate your loving thoughtfulness .
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    It's going to be a long night for me tonight helping Mom with bathing tonight as well as helping with the fruit (need it since I'm attempting to go to work tomorrow).

I am so proud of you @MadameLee, you are like a different person when posting now. You are doing great helping your mom and attempting cutting fruit you never cut before. Way to go <3
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

I am so proud of you @MadameLee, you are like a different person when posting now. You are doing great helping your mom and attempting cutting fruit you never cut before. Way to go <3

@mcrudd I'm not actual cutting the fruit (except for grapes) just holding the fruit for Mom while she's cutting it with her good hand
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @mcrudd @rosemow Dad and I need to think of meals which don't involve needing people to cut an item at the table as we discovered tonight. Good thing we had pergoies tonight how in the world would Mom be able to eat Sweet potato when she can't cut it?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @mcrudd @rosemow Dad and I need to think of meals which don't involve needing people to cut an item at the table as we discovered tonight. Good thing we had pergoies tonight how in the world would Mom be able to eat Sweet potato when she can't cut it?

Hello @MadameLee
    Perhaps you or your Dad could cut some of the food into manageable size pieces for your Mother so as she can just use her fork in her good hand. Mashed potatoes may be a good version of potato to eat as part of your meals.
    Soup may be good to have as part of the meals.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @MadameLee
    Perhaps you or your Dad could cut some of the food into manageable size pieces for your Mother so as she can just use her fork in her good hand. Mashed potatoes may be a good version of potato to eat as part of your meals.

@rosemow except the only person who knows how to make mashed potatoes is Mom. We only have mashpoatoes either a)for a holiday (Thanksgiving/Christmas) OR b)as the "crust" of Shepard's Pie.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Hello @MadameLee

@rosemow except the only person who knows how to make mashed potatoes is Mom. We only have mashpoatoes either a)for a holiday (Thanksgiving/Christmas) OR b)as the "crust" of Shepard's Pie.

Your Mother could explain to you and your Dad how to make mashed potatoes. You could learn how to do it. It can be eaten as a part of a main meal, and is delicious topped with cheese :)
  • Options

Hello @MadameLee

Your Mother could explain to you and your Dad how to make mashed potatoes. You could learn how to do it. It can be eaten as a part of a main meal, and is delicious topped with cheese :)

and knowing Dad he never listens. Like today when i was going to make a salad because I had to work in the dinning room I had gotten the food items into the dinning room and then I needed to get a knife and cutting board but Dad had left the right cupboard door which above the main counter workspace (which was basically right at my head so I could have been badly injured) which is a major, major, major, major, major, major hazard so I shut that door and Dad start to have a freakin' cow ( @mcrudd that's translates into having a fit) and I just told him I couldn't access the cutting board or knife from the knife block with it being opened. Then latter after he got the plates, and small bowls out not to mention the butter for the peas-he left both doors of the dinning plates,etc opened. So I had to shut both of them.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited January 2018
    @MadameLee, can you buy any deli meat/cheese/etc., so you can make sandwiches? maybe that instant soup that's sold in polystyrene containers? and more stuff you don't need to cut/slice: baby carrots, pickles, cherry tomatoes, green or broad beans, lentils, brussels sprouts.
  • Options
    @fewlines at the time our store went from Price Chopper to Frescho they got rid of the deli section. The only place which probably has the deli section is Costo (and Loblaws-which I don't think Dad doesn't want to go to too often because of a scam the store had been pulling which only came out right before Christmas). It's just we like fresh meals made by one of us (Dad/Me/mom) but most of Dad meals require cutting of some kind (perogies/sweet potatoes/potato wedges. Mine not so much-chilli/tacco salad/Spaghetti/mini pizzas) but (I would have some major problems making Spaghetti without Mom's help since I never poured the bottle of noddles into a bowl-not to mention we just had that on Friday). Dad doesn't like Instant Made soup stuff (too much sodium he claims) he rather he makes it by hand. But then you still have to cut the butter for the bread since that's what we do here is have soup+bread.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited January 2018
    @MadameLee, i understand... but it wouldn't be permanent. just until your mother heals and can cut food by herself. the other vegetables/legumes are healthy and fresh, though. just an idea.
  • Options
    Mom doesn't like Brussels spouts (or beets). I have to figure out a way to avoid going to the gym-I'm kind of don't want to go ever since I fell on my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 last Tuesday twice that day. Mom says she will be fine getting dressed/undressed tomorrow but with me at work for part of the day and Dad's at (garage) ...
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Mom doesn't like Brussels spouts (or beets). I have to figure out a way to avoid going to the gym-I'm kind of don't want to go ever since I fell on my plum last Tuesday twice that day. Mom says she will be fine getting dressed/undressed tomorrow but with me at work for part of the day and Dad's at (garage) ...

Hello
    Perhaps you could talk over with your Mother your concerns about the icy weather and that you are anxious that you may fall again. Having a break from going to the gym may be best for you, if the weather isn’t too good, and you could also care for and help your Mother with it not being too long since she broke her wrist. When on her own, she may find that there are other things that she does need your help with, at this early stage after being injured.
  • Options
    Mom doesn't like Brussels spouts (or beets). I have to figure out a way to avoid going to the gym-I'm kind of don't want to go ever since I fell on my plum last Tuesday twice that day. Mom says she will be fine getting dressed/undressed tomorrow but with me at work for part of the day and Dad's at (garage) ...

Hello
    Perhaps you could talk over with your Mother your concerns about the icy weather and that you are anxious that you may fall again. Having a break from going to the gym may be best for you, if the weather isn’t too good, and you could also care for and help your Mother with it not being too long since she broke her wrist. When on her own, she may find that there are other things that she does need your help with, at this early stage after being injured.

She will not be pleased because she was unpleased before Christmas I was barely going once a week. Plus I know that starting yesterday the gym was going to be doing the basketball thing again which means noisy as well.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    update: Mom gave me the excuse I needed NOT to go to the gym
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    update: Mom gave me the excuse I needed NOT to go to the gym

Hello.
    You will be able to care for and assist your Mother by staying at home .
    It also is best for you mentally not to go to the Gym this week , with your concerns about falling. The weather conditions may have improved a little by next week.
  • Options
    How the heck does Dad expect Mom to eat chicken strips for supper? I'm bet I will barely have time to eat any of my supper because I will be cutting up food for Mom. (chicken strips&sweet potatoes+unknown and salad)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    How the heck does Dad expect Mom to eat chicken strips for supper? I'm bet I will barely have time to eat any of my supper because I will be cutting up food for Mom. (chicken strips&sweet potatoes+unknown and salad)

Hello @MadameLee
    If your family serves up meals at the dining table, perhaps whilst your Mother has her broken wrist the meals could instead be dished up on plates in the kitchen, and you could cut all the food into manageable sizes straight away, before taking it to the dinner table to eat it.
  • Options

Hello @MadameLee
    If your family serves up meals at the dining table, perhaps whilst your Mother has her broken wrist the meals could instead be dished up on plates in the kitchen, and you could cut all the food into manageable sizes straight away, before taking it to the dinner table to eat it.

We serve the food onto the pates/into bowls (ie peas/corn) in the kitchen. It's just normally we cut our own sweet potatoes/pergoies/potato wedges. It's just we discovered (I guess because the parents had separate suppers on Monday when I wasn't at home) that Mom wouldn't be able to cut her own perogies/potato wedges/sweet potatoes without her right hand. This is a major problem of Dad's meals since the majoriy of them require cutting of some kind.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Been nervous for a while now hard to put my finger on exactly what is troubling me. With the fire that happened a few neighborhoods away from us, things that keep going on with my sister, I've been having constant pain in my neck and keep having headaches plus my ear plum, all the nightmares, etc. Hope you all understand what I mean...could sure use help with this! :/:o

Sounds like there is some very bad energy in your home, it might help to try bring in some positivity into your home, I can give you some ideas how to do that if you wish for some additional help.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Options
    I have like what seems to be a million questions about cooking but it's only is 3 questions. If a recipe asks for you to put a lid on a frying pan is it necessary or is it just a suggestion? Could I use salsa and dipping scause instead of hot scause? Can I use Mozzarella in place of Monterrey jack cheese?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Hello @MadameLee

We serve the food onto the pates/into bowls (ie peas/corn) in the kitchen. It's just normally we cut our own sweet potatoes/pergoies/potato wedges. It's just we discovered (I guess because the parents had separate suppers on Monday when I wasn't at home) that Mom wouldn't be able to cut her own perogies/potato wedges/sweet potatoes without her right hand. This is a major problem of Dad's meals since the majoriy of them require cutting of some kind.

Hello
    It would be helpful and caring if you could continue to cut up the food for your mother into sizes that she can manage with a fork. It is just for a little while whilst your Mother’s wrist is healing. She would be appreciating all that you are doing to assist her <3
  • Options
    I have like what seems to be a million questions about cooking but it's only is 3 questions. If a recipe asks for you to put a lid on a frying pan is it necessary or is it just a suggestion? Could I use salsa and dipping scause instead of hot scause? Can I use Mozzarella in place of Monterrey jack cheese?

Hello
    For the 1st question, you do need to put the lid on top if asked to do it . For the 2nd and 3rd questions, you can use salsa and dipping scause and mozzarella as substitutes, It will turn out well.
  • Options

Hello
    For the 1st question, you do need to put the lid on top if asked to do it . For the 2nd and 3rd questions, you can use salsa and dipping scause and mozzarella as substitutes, It will turn out well.

But what if the frying pan doesn't have a lid-how am i suppose to cover it then? I don't think the microwave cover will work..since it will be too short I think.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Hello

But what if the frying pan doesn't have a lid-how am i suppose to cover it then? I don't think the microwave cover will work..since it will be too short I think.

Putting a lid on top, helps with the cooking process. It may be best to use a differerent recipe instead, that doesn’t require a lid or you can try doing it in a large saucepan with a lid.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top