Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS5: Do you want it?

BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
edited January 2018 in Off Topic Chat
Do want to see a Sims 5 in the future?

TS5: Do you want it? 131 votes

Yes
46%
GRIMMYJadeleineErpeIdontrcallsimlish1aricaraiPinkFlyingPastaCororonCeres_Meirionaalanmichael1JennyggAssimulosikasika18AlexaKryClassicalSimkristenleighwhitelucyshawSigzy05WulfsimmerDeKay 61 votes
Maybe- depends on the success of Sims 4
25%
icmnfrshdreamerz13zagboorulesPlumbobCrossingSonata13Singerthe_greenplumbobTrashmagicAngelEb95ChelleyJayjames64468I_M1LOS_IMidnightAuraBreazonaIridocyclitisSimtown15xLunaSimsxAHolyToiletS1MSLYS1S__QARDTheHavocado[Deleted User] 33 votes
No
28%
Haids5987LeGardePourpremcruddsimspeaker4wolfkomoki1dopaminedroidannaliese39TeenWolf_1999Sorak4BMSOKelvinMendotarosey1579Pamtastic72elumaegummybear0724puderosasimsKonekoFoxgloveAshtontoAshton22snarkles 37 votes

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I put maybe because if its the same style as the sims 4 in terms of art and more importantly game play and bread crumb dlc? No thanks.
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    No
    No because I don't want the Sims 4 to end
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Yes
    I put maybe because if its the same style as the sims 4 in terms of art and more importantly game play and bread crumb dlc? No thanks.

Well....yes I agree.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TheHavocadoTheHavocado Posts: 607 Member
    Depends on how much content The Sims 4 get in total and how much of an improvement The Sims 5 is. Can't say I currently have some high hopes for it though.
    Me, when triggered:
    CPwGluP.gif
    "All this negativity doesn't add up."
  • Options
    chxnelchxnel Posts: 57 Member
    Yeah idk I really like the sims 4 tho and dont really want it to endddd, but depends on how sims 5 appeals to me ig idk
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Maybe. If its like sims 4 no. I already have sims 4 and am not overly impressed. I dont need another game that does the same basic things. Which i think ea will stay on this path so its probably a no. If they could make something new and interesting though then sure.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    Yes
    I voted "yes" even though I am enjoying playing previous games (I play 3 and 4). I said yes because I'd like to see what they come up with for it. Whether or not I'll buy it depends on how it looks, but I would certainly like to see it made. I am in no rush, though.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
  • Options
    rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    No
    Something something we already have it nothing will change something something
  • Options
    saishousaishou Posts: 276 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but only until Sims 4 truly runs dry. It's a little too soon for the next gen. xD
    Keep moving forward.

- My Art - Website - OriginID : saishou
    pv_by_sai_shou-dbye3yu.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited January 2018
    Only if it's well-done at launch, and a leap ahead of its predecessors
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    No
    If the Sims 5 is launched half baked as the Sims 4 was originally, no thank you. If the expansions packs are as half baked as the Sims 4 have been so far, no thank you. The Sims 4 still needs lots to catch up to the previous 2 Sims games before the Sims 5 should be discussed. Obviously the Sims 5 is coming, whether it be 5 years from now, or 10, but I hope it expands greatly from the Sims 2, 3, and 4. Open world would be a nice come back also.
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Yes
    Yeah but not yet. I wish the Sims 5 would be totally different and not so cartoonish anymore. I would like more depth and possibility to focus on creating unique characters such they have in rpg styled games. Vampire game pack is a good example of these options. Maybe even make it possible to play in 1st person perspective. With all the nice effects from the sims such as making generations of children, having houses and decorating them etc. But I don´t know if that would work...
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    No
    I know it will happen, but I don't want it to yet. It took me a year to buy TS4, so I only feel like I'm getting my toes wet.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but if this is like TS4, I'm done.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but not now.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    As of right now, no - but once The Sims 4 has reached a stage of 'minimum completion' I'd be happy to see The Sims 5
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    No
    I've spent so much for Sims 4 so I don't want 5.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    Yes
    I'd like to see the Sims 5 be as stable as the Sims 4 with some more content for your dollar. I don't mind the pricing of game packs, expansions, and stuff packs, but I would really like to see more content packed into each iteration. I'm an animal lover, so cats and dogs was eventually a must have, but it's really lacking somewhere and I know exactly where. The pets don't have gameplay mechanics like skill levels and pet jobs that they had in previous sims games. That lacking nature makes me think it should have been a game pack rather than an expansion. The Sims 4 vampires game pack hit the nail on the head when it came to content, I mean, that was a great pack. I love the superpowers you get in it. I can't stress enough how important the leveling mechanic is in this game, and I think more of that would have led to an even better pets expansion. New UI interfaces are great too like in get together, clubs are epic. Parenting also has a new UI interface that I like with new types of attributes to level. Those things make good game design in my opinion. I really always loved how stable the Sims 4 is compared to the Sims 3, but if they aren't going to make larger expansions for the Sims 4, I'd like to see it done in the Sims 5. And that's what I think. I voted yes by the way.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    No
    No, simply because I'm not ready for a Sims 5. Also I think the Sims 4 still has much more to offer ATM.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Yes
    Yes, if it will have more realistic graphics, an open world and CASt back. It must be well planned and not rushed like TS4.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited May 2018
    As my vote says, it depends. If it means the game having a far better launch than TS4, then yes. However, I absolutely do not want it right this second. TS4 has a lot more growing to do before it should be officially left alone, I say.

EDIT: Editing removed my vote. -_-
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes. But actually I wanted to vote maybe instead. I just couldn’t because this maybe has nothing to do with the success of Sims 4 which I don’t even play anymore.

I am sure that the Sims 5 will be very different from Sims 4 because that is how EA always makes the new Sims games. The reason likely is that EA doesn’t believe that a new game will sell well if people see it mainly just as an updated version of an old game. Therefore EA always wants new Sims games to be as different from the previous games as possible within reason and EA always wants new games to have new main ideas too.

So my maybe is instead about what the new main idea in Sims 5 is. I am not sure that I will buy the game because EA always target Sims games at very young new simmers which means that it likely will be too simplified and trivial for me to play too. But I want EA to release the Sims 5 anyway and I am curious to see how it will be.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Yes
    Of course I do! I really enjoy The Sims franchise, and definitely want to see it keep going. That being said, I'm in no rush for TS4 to end, as I personally do enjoy it and want to see more content built onto it before it is shelved.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Idontrcall wrote: »
    I voted "yes" even though I am enjoying playing previous games (I play 3 and 4). I said yes because I'd like to see what they come up with for it. Whether or not I'll buy it depends on how it looks, but I would certainly like to see it made. I am in no rush, though.

I'm like yourself, I'm literally so behind the times when it comes to sims 4, I had been playing sims 3 up till Christmas just gone when I got sims 4 and I'm still taking my time purchasing packs and getting the most from my game, I still love it and more so with the few packs that ive purchased so far. I'm open to a sims 5 but I wouldn't be surprised if it took me a while to move onto it
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman