Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    Hey guys, some news on the Dutch reality game show scene here: the cast of upcoming show The Big Escape is announced. :) Quite a few familiar faces in there, 2 from Widm, so that's great (Haylo, remember Tygo Gernandt?).

But what's The Big Escape about? In short: Escape Rooms! :smiley: I'm really looking forward to the show myself, and I really hope someone will try and make a subtitled version so we can all watch it. :)

The Big Escape? I think I've seen this before, or something similar :3 What exactly is it about...

OMG Tygo XD Hahaha... He's a character :P Should be good :3
    Who is the other one?

Eva van der Gucht. But afaik you haven't seen season 7 (Thailand), so afaik you don't know her.

Yeah I haven't seen it sadly
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Hey guys, some news on the Dutch reality game show scene here: the cast of upcoming show The Big Escape is announced. :) Quite a few familiar faces in there, 2 from Widm, so that's great (Haylo, remember Tygo Gernandt?).

But what's The Big Escape about? In short: Escape Rooms! :smiley: I'm really looking forward to the show myself, and I really hope someone will try and make a subtitled version so we can all watch it. :)

The Big Escape? I think I've seen this before, or something similar :3 What exactly is it about...

OMG Tygo XD Hahaha... He's a character :P Should be good :3
    Who is the other one?

Eva van der Gucht. But afaik you haven't seen season 7 (Thailand), so afaik you don't know her.

Yeah I haven't seen it sadly

It was my first season. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    dje2001dje2001 Posts: 1,202 Member
    I'm rereading Abnormality 4 right now and I forgot how much I loved Lucielle. She's soooo funny.
    Hii, I guess. I'm pretty cool if you ask me. >w> BTW, call me Bean. Hah

• Options
    6domino66domino6 Posts: 55 Member
    A very interesting read, thank you :)
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    Jake, I believe your countdown idea didn't work because we already did that one. :# We could start over, redoing each one we've already done and adding new nominations to it? And therefore bumping the worst ones from the original countdown and hence updating and refreshing all the ones we have so far. Or.... Just do a brand new topic altogether, which I think most people are in favor of.
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    Part of me really wants to do another season of Zero Privacy :( But I know I've got no time to host and/or make episodes >.< Gah!
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »
    Jake, I believe your countdown idea didn't work because we already did that one. :# We could start over, redoing each one we've already done and adding new nominations to it? And therefore bumping the worst ones from the original countdown and hence updating and refreshing all the ones we have so far. Or.... Just do a brand new topic altogether, which I think most people are in favor of.

How about a host-related countdown? Top 10 personalityful hosts? I nominate Even Stevens in advance. ;)
    Banner.png
  • Options

How about a host-related countdown? Top 10 personalityful hosts? I nominate Even Stevens in advance. ;)

I'm in favor. I'm looking at past ideas we've had right now... That was indeed one of them, we just called it "Best Hosts" :lol:

I'll name an idea, someone else should nominate a third idea, and then Jake can pick which one he wants to do?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I'm nominating "Best Death Scenes" for a potential countdown for August.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Part of me really wants to do another season of Zero Privacy :( But I know I've got no time to host and/or make episodes >.< Gah!

Hmmm... Don't know what to tell ya. :lol: You could always just do mini episodes and have us submit one-trick-pony characters, IE, characters that aren't super interesting or have much character development, just a bunch of gag characters that are all uniquely funny? Basically stupid but fun/funny sims, and SUPER short episode challenges where it's pretty much just the results. This allows for weekly episodes, or even biweekly, and the season could last just a month or two.

If you don't like this idea, that's okay, just giving you a viable option since you're going to have to compromise one way or another. :b

Plus, shorter games are more fun anyway. Like a mafia game; everyone's SUPER invested for just a day or two during a weekend; it's not taking up their life for months on end. A mini season with short episodes (or no episodes at all) has the benefit of focusing on gameplay, but the loss of good storytelling.

Or another alternative; no episodes, just random updates on the thread with random short scenes. Just an idea. Kinda like "Skam", a show from none other than Norway ;)
  • Options

*tries to do something to try to cheer up Haylo a bit..*
    Banner.png
  • Options

*tries to do something to try to cheer up Haylo a bit..*

But if you want you could always ask someone to be co-host. Like the old Dutch saying goes: vele handen maken licht werk (many hands make the work easy). :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    edited August 2017
    Nevermind!
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options

Well, I kinda want to see if anybody has new ideas to this countdown. There has been a lot of reality shows since that countdown, and I feel we could do another list involving those incidents.

That will better for October in my opinion.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    Hold the phones.... The Interactive community thread is here too?

Now i am confused, Okay. Own up, Who's been tidying up while we were gone? :D
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    It does'nt feel right not being in Stories and Legacies.

*Hyperventilates*

"There's no place like home, There's no place like home..."
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    x_MG_x wrote: »

Well, I kinda want to see if anybody has new ideas to this countdown. There has been a lot of reality shows since that countdown, and I feel we could do another list involving those incidents.

Leaves the host countdown for now.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    twiddle3 wrote: »

*Hyperventilates*

I think we're being cyberbullied XD At least I am. They're both my threads. Are other shows getting stuck here too?
  • Options

Yeah, let's just do the host one for August. I like Jake's idea of leaving best death scenes for October.

What will September be? Jake? Anyone?
  • Options

*Hyperventilates*

I think we're being cyberbullied XD At least I am. They're both my threads. Are other shows getting stuck here too?

Not that i can tell, I recognise some threads that used to be in Gift Giving but they have been here awhile before we arrived.

I think it's nice to have a change of scenery anyhow, It's like going out for a walk and returning home to find your house has been airlifted to another country. :D All in all, Not bad, I think we are in a good spot here. Thank you to whoever moved us! :mrgreen:
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options

*Hyperventilates*

Not that i can tell, I recognise some threads that used to be in Gift Giving but they have been here awhile before we arrived.

I think it's nice to have a change of scenery anyhow, It's like going out for a walk and returning home to find your house has been airlifted to another country. :D All in all, Not bad, I think we are in a good spot here. Thank you to whoever moved us! :mrgreen:

Lol yeah I don't mind one way or another. Stick us in Sims 4 modeling, doesn't make a difference to me XD
    But I like your analogy very much, reminds me of Up. :smile:
  • Options

Yeah, let's just do the host one for August. I like Jake's idea of leaving best death scenes for October.

Top 10 Real Life Challenges that translated over great in Episodes? A nice rl-challenge, which at it's portrayal in the episode just WHAMS you away into pure impression.
    Banner.png
  • Options

Top 10 Real Life Challenges that translated over great in Episodes? A nice rl-challenge, which at it's portrayal in the episode just WHAMS you away into pure impression.

That will be better for the Sims Awards. I feel like countdowns should avoid real life stuff and save that kind of stuff for the Sims Awards.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    For September, How about top 10 locations?

You could nominate things like The Island from S5 of the Mole or The Abnormaility house or you know, Stuff like that?
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Hey have we done the best cameo before? :p
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.