Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Must have mods..

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer, I was the same way before installing the mods as I needed to see it done before hand, but I had figured it out by reading the link that igazor has posted. Now I have the mods that I wanted plus so CC that I couldn't have because of not having the mods folder set up... :)
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Visually, step by step:
    http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

(nothing to do with NRaas mods directly, this is for the setting up of the Framework to accept package based files of any kind...)

Thank you, @igazor
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    CrazyShowerSingerCrazyShowerSinger Posts: 5 New Member
    I actually survived years only using in-game cheats before I got NRAAS.
  • Options
    PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    My must haves would be Overwatch, Error Trap, Master Controller, and the laundry bin magnetic mod thingy that I forgot the name of.
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims
  • Options
    JENNIFERZ77JENNIFERZ77 Posts: 126 Member
    Is there a mod to keep track of what you have downloaded? Also how can I check if any CC is corrupt? I downloaded a pair of shoes from sim store and it glitched my game and had to start over.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2017
    Is there a mod to keep track of what you have downloaded? Also how can I check if any CC is corrupt? I downloaded a pair of shoes from sim store and it glitched my game and had to start over.
    As one of my fellow tech responders attempted to explain on a different thread, store content is produced by EA and purchased by players from the actual store using Sim Points (virtual currency obtained by using real money to buy them). Some store items are what we call premium content that enhance game play in various ways, others items and sets are more ordinary, but it's very unlikely for items that EA is actually selling to be corrupt or game breaking. We can perhaps to an extent fault EA for all kinds of things when it comes to quality control, but they do not sell content that is actually unusable or harmful to our games in any way.

Exchange content is not the store, that is Custom Content (CC) produced by your fellow players and put up for sharing at no cost. This content is not tested, there is no EA quality control, and yes some of the items from such otherwise unknown sources can be corrupt or malformed to an extent that they can break games. There are other sources of CC on the Web, some of which are just as risky as the Exchange but others from more well known content developers that include comment boards so we can read about other players' experiences with their wares. Some sites, such as MTS, actually do test content before it is allowed to be shared and others will take Bad CC down if they receive enough complaints about it. The universe of content provides is kind of shrinking though as the game is after all not new and out of development but there are still plenty of sources of good stuff out there. Depends on what kind of content you are looking for.

Custard is an example of a tool that is available to test sims3pack content for corruption and clean such files, but it is by no means foolproof and it can also produce false positives.
    http://modthesims.info/d/390235

There is, I am afraid, no such thing as a mod that can tell you what kinds of content you have already downloaded and installed. Tracking down already installed problematic sims3pack content and removing it can be tricky and tedious. Some players need to start over with fresh TS3 game folders (pull the old one out of Documents to get a new one generated) in addition to abandoning ongoing games, if they are unable to rid themselves of "bad content" in a more systematic way.
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/custom-content-cc/bad-cc
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JENNIFERZ77JENNIFERZ77 Posts: 126 Member
    Thank you for all your input.
  • Options
    FrogsnackFrogsnack Posts: 28 Member
    Jenniferz77- Did you try moving the mod out or did things remain broken after that? I have a mod that I love that messes with a feature in game that I just remove from my Mods folder when I want that game function to work again.
    Igazor- It's great to see you active on here, I thought you might have left the modding world! :o (was I wrong about that?) sorry and nice to see/meet you!

My Current must-have Mods;
    From NRAAS- Overwatch, Mover, Portrait, Story Progression, Register & ErrorTrap (also The Savvier Seller set by Ani hosted there now)

From ModTheSims;
    Velocitygrass' BlueprInt helper (make your own blueprints)
    Nona's Breastfeed Baby Mod (works in the rocking chair too so cute)
    SilverFox's Magic Water Pump (waters and fertilizes your garden for you)
    Rob- Travel Easels (allows drag to inventory of easels so your sim can take them on location and paint anywhere)
    Butterbot- Canning Station Overhaul- Uses the store's canning station if you have it, allows you to make ration jars and it is AWESOME for any kind of doomsday or early days of man challenge.
    Dougasveiga- Autocolloect Interatction, you can send your sims around the world to automatically collect things, rocks, animals, whatever
    Treesag- The book of Talent (adds skill levels to sims even hidden ones) This is excellent for challenges that have to be set up or for testing the game when sim skill levels are required, or if you have to restart you game and you don't want it to be from scratch. Also from Treesag- the TreasureBox will spawn any type, size or cut of gems and metals (smelted or not). It also functions as a bottomless storage box (much like the Treasure Chests from WA), It makes you buy them which is great and it's wonderful for staging lots you want to upload & share.
    Buzz- Scribbling pad (the MOD I mentioned earlier!) Allows your writer sim to use a notebook instead of a computer and the interaction can be buggy but it always works, probably should be updated for later patch levels but it also keeps my sims from being able to design new outfits (I'd love to know why). Still my sims write more books than dress themselves, so it's worth it! Also a GREAT way to make a writer sims write if you don't want everyone in the house having a computer to play games on all day or chat online etc.

Other Sites;

OneBillionPixels also made some adorable edible cakes, muffins and cookies that act like the 'morsels' from WA

Previously Loved mods (when I am nectar making I put them back in), from MTS again I believe;
    Plantslive100xlonger
    Icarusallsorts' Nectarglass replacement
    GesimsFasterNectarRunTime+Morebottles

And for a bartender;
    Arsil's CustomizableNewDrinks & Bartending packages

IJ made a resortbuffet table and there's something called the 'Heaven' Buffet tables where you can charge people by the plate from the buffet tables ^_^
  • Options
    @Frogsnack - Thanks for the warm greeting, but it's Twallan who retired (over three years ago). I've always been active at NRaas, but in a support role not as a mod developer. We have others who do that now. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    edited June 2017
    Since we're on the subject of mods, can someone tell me the steps through Master Controller to increase a sim's skill level?

Also, how do you make sims teleport? Is this done through a mod?
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    jordand wrote: »
    Since we're on the subject of mods, can someone tell me the steps through Master Controller to increase a sim's skill level?

Also, how do you make sims teleport? Is this done through a mod?

Click on the sim>NRaas>MasterController>Advanced>Skill Level. This requires the MasterController Cheats module.

To teleport a sim enable testing cheats (CTRL+SHIFT+C to open the cheat box and enter: testingcheatsenabled true), select the sim, shift+click on ground and choose "Teleport Here".
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    Thanks @TreyNutz! I have MC, but not the module. No wonder I couldn't find it anywhere in the menu options.
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Saramore2708 Also, if decide to get any of a CC from the listed sites (particularly MTS, since they use mostly package files), you'll need DouglasVeiga's CC loader.

Other mods: icemunmun's foodie mods, nondonalt's supernatural babies (if/when you get SPN), pretty much anything by Arsil, Treeag, icarus_allsorts, and the aforementioned DouglasVeiga.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Saramore2708 Also, if decide to get any of a CC from the listed sites (particularly MTS, since they use mostly package files), you'll need DouglasVeiga's CC loader.
    What does the CC loader do? I have mods in my game but do not use this utility.

Never mind. I googled it. I see it is for adding new foods, etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    cwaddell wrote: »
    What does the CC loader do? I have mods in my game but do not use this utility.
    It's a loader for custom content that is specifically designed to use it, such as custom recipes, plants, books...more and more content providers at MTS are switching to the CCLoader method. To use it, you just toss it into Mods\Packages or a subfolder like any other package file. But the mod developers tell us when their creations require it within the content descriptions, there's no point in having CCLoader if you have no content that requires it to load.
    http://modthesims.info/t/546986 (download links are in the first post)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I have CCLoader because I have lots of the harvestables and recipes and things that require it. It stops the mods from conflicting with each other because a lot of them are trying to write to the same part of the code and thereby stopping each other from running properly without CCLoader to handle it all.
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    @TreyNutz : you are da man! You had a couple of mods on your must-have list that I had been wanting for quite a while but wasn't sure existed, so I am a happy Simmer for the foreseeable future.

@Saramore2708 : Almost everyone else has given you one or more of my must-haves, but there were a couple or three that I didn't see mentioned, so will add them for the sake of completeness.
    No Autonomous "Capture the Moment": http://ragedev.wikia.com/wiki/No_Autonomous_Capture_The_Moment (one of the more annoying interactions introduced by UL)
    Once Read: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/OnceRead (keeps Sims from rereading books they have already read when you use the "Read Something" interaction)
    Hidden Skills Unhidden: http://modthesims.info/d/436732 (makes hidden skills appear like regular skills on the Skills tab - they have no icons, and that skills tab can get pretty crowded on long and epic games. Other mods accomplish the same thing through other means, but I've been using this one for years, so it's in my comfort zone).
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    Obviously any, and every NRaas mods. Any lighting mod by BrntWaffles will do wonders for your game.
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Well, if you have Starlight Shores and it's anything like mine, I would recommend the Traffic mod at Nraas. Overwatch was removing over 20,000 vehicles a night! :o I set it to false for the limos and it seemed to help.
  • Options
    Jerry4Jerry4 Posts: 32 Member
    Before i would have alot of problems with my sims 3 but ever since i installed mods like Nraas overwatch and master control everything runs smoothly so i would say those re kinda a must.
  • Options
    rosethesimmerrosethesimmer Posts: 109 Member
    Hospital Overhaul (http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1883/hospitalOverhaul.html): This mod makes the game more realistic with surrogacy, abortion, vasectomy/tubes tied, neutering/spaying pets, egg/🐸🐸🐸🐸 donation, assisted suicide, sex reassignment, and ultrasounds. I haven't used it yet because I forgot about it, but I like the options.
    Change at home after work(http://modthesims.info/d/565380): This isn't really a "must have" but I have it because I don't really like that my sims stay in their work uniform after returning home, and the mod automatically changes into casual clothes after returning from work.
  • Options
    Hospital Overhaul (http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/1883/hospitalOverhaul.html): This mod makes the game more realistic with ...
    I'm afraid that there are issues with that mod. It was designed on Patch 1.55 and never got updated to work beyond 1.57 as its developer dropped out before the patches and EPs were all released. On current patch levels, the mod can be game-breaking and there really isn't a fix for it available.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!