Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood GP Prerelease Info: SimGuru Statements etc.

Comments

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    do you guys think slow dancing will be in it ?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    do you guys think slow dancing will be in it ?

I see slow dancing in a romantic pack, not a parenting pack, but I hope it makes a comeback.
  • Options
    paris_simmerparis_simmer Posts: 16 Member
    Where can you watch the livestream on Friday?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Where can you watch the livestream on Friday?

It will be on the Sims Twitch channel. I'll post a link in my top post once I'm back on my computer (watching the hockey tonight).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Blaze_BardBlaze_Bard Posts: 93 Member
    This GP sounds like a necessity for the family Sims stories I have planned once I'm done with my current sci-fi Sims story (which probably won't happen for a while :p ). I might even get it sooner rather than later for when Sims in my sci-fi story get abducted and the men have alien babies to raise, but I've got one character who's a teenager living on her own, and even though I did come up with her character concept as being a rebellious runaway, I don't really want her to have bad consequences from there being nobody else in the household to raise her. So I'm going to have to see how that mechanic works before I decide when to buy this thingy.

Also, since this is a Game Pack, I'm wondering if it's going to come with its own little Neighborhood mini-World thing like Granite Falls or Forgotten Hollow. It probably wouldn't, since those were the only Game Packs so far that had anything like that, and I don't really see any purpose for a new Neighborhood beyond having more space to build things, while Granite Falls and Forgotten Hollow were directly tied in to the new gameplay introduced in each one's respective Game Pack. Still, I think it would be nice to have a little country-village-type neighborhood to go with all the new country-ish decor (and more space to build things). But there are probably plenty of types of houses and neighborhoods that would go well with a little country-ish decor.
    "Good night -- even if you don't have a good knight." -- Ace Niles, Space Case
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited May 2017
    I would love to see kids dancing on their parents' feet like in the sims 2(I think it was that one). I loved it. I also loved how they would swing kids around.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    This thread made me very happy. I cannot wait. Thanks @luthienrising for sharing all of this info! Thanks also to @SimGuruNinja for answering our questions! I will keep an eye on this one.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2017

Diary?
    :o:o:)

Oh, I did a big write up in the ideas forum for bringing back the diary.
    I hope some of the ideas made it in.
    CK213 wrote: »
    Diaries/Journals supporting social dynamics and rotational game play.
    The Return of The Sims Diary
    I haven't played TS2 in ages, but I remember sims could write in a dairy.
    I'm not sure if it was just to occupy your sims or if it actually gave them some fun or built a skill, but I liked making them do it.

I would like to see it come to TS4, but in a big, game-play enhancing way.
    The game cannot read your mind and know your opinion of sims in the game. It can't anticipate the scenarios you are playing out in your sim world, but there could be a way that you can input that into the game and have it reflected in game play.
    Opinions
    We could have our sims write in their diary or journal about sims they have met in the game. You can select a sim from your relationship panel and the diary could have a check list of opinions that your sim could have about other sims. This sims is:
    -Beautiful on the inside, outside, both, or the opposite of those
    -In The Friend Zone
    -An Absolute Jerk
    -My secret crush
    -My parent's dream
    -My parent's worst nightmare
    -The town floozy or player
    -Not my type
    -Envious of me
    -Gross
    -Soooo Hot!

I play rotational and sometimes I like my sims to pursue impossible relationships, or at least very difficult ones. The In The Friend Zone and Not My Type flags would make some relationships one-sided. So if I played my sim, he or she might have some special social options to any autonomous socials the sim from their diary might have. And if I was playing the In the Friend Zone sim, it would be very difficult to climb the romance ladder like sims normally would. Sometimes you want to flirt, but have it rejected because that is the scenario you are playing out.

Imagine your teen sim with two friends. One is her Parents worst nightmare and Sooo hot! The other is her Parents dream, but Not her type. When both visit they will be treated very differently by the girl and the parents.

Secret Wishes
    Your sim can write their secret wish for that sim:
    -Ask me out
    -Propose to me
    -Die!
    -Offer me a promotion

There is a chance that the wish will come true. Even death.
    This would address the desires of simmers to have other sims be more assertive instead of your sims having to initiate everything.

Results
    After you ticked off what all your sim will write about, they will settle down with their diary and write. You will see associated thought bubbles for what you checked off along with the face of the sims they are writing about. The next time you meet that sim, you could be in for some interesting experiences helpful to the scenario you are playing out. This should make playing the game more immersive.

Emotions, skills, and time warping
    The Diary could also be used to alter emotions. There should be choices specifically to get a certain emotion. You can also chose to write about certain sims and this will trigger emotions based on the relationships. Writing about enemies could make them angry. Writing about friends can make them happy. Writing about love interests could make them flirty.

They could boost skills by writing about certain topics. It could be a minor skill gain along with need increasing--like fun, and maybe some other benefits.

Perhaps diary writing/journal could be a skill that unlocks some of these features. Time warping could be one. When your sim writes, they could earn the ability to slow down time or speed it up for everyone in the household. This would allow your sims to get more done in the day. Or you could just want to make it seem like they are so immersed that time speeds by, or you just want to get the day over with, but without the sped up play. You will just smoothly change the day to night cycle, but without all the speeding up of animations.

Rotational Play and Social Dynamics
    Rotating between all your sims and having them writing in their diaries about other sims could build a social consensus about certain sims in the game, that could give these sims an NPC-like status. They will get special roles with socials and autonomous acts, they will be gossiped about. If there are more than one, they will congregate together and become friends (birds of a feather)

At least we have it back though.
    I liked having my sims write in their journal in The Sims 2.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    Are parents utterly good or can we be bad parents. I don't mean unsuccessful but just bad like telling kids to slack off or something.
    Doesn't seem right if a messy parent keeps telling their children to clean up, or a lazy parent tells them to do homework over and over again.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    @SimGuruNinja Can a non-related caregiver be able to parent children as long as they're teens+?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    ^^Yes, we've expanded to allow any household sim (YA or older) to claim a teen or younger sim as their dependent.

I realized that with this GP that my entire (DRAMATIC almost soap operay) legacy would have been a bit different with this GP.

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2017
    ^^Yes, we've expanded to allow any household sim (YA or older) to claim a teen or younger sim as their dependent.

Is this in addition to being able to have two parents, or does it replace a parent slot?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2017
    > @Nelus said:
    > Are parents utterly good or can we be bad parents. I don't mean unsuccessful but just bad like telling kids to slack off or something.
    > Doesn't seem right if a messy parent keeps telling their children to clean up, or a lazy parent tells them to do homework over and over again.

From the official blog post: "Parenting has long term consequences, which leads us to the new Character Values Traits. If your Sims take the time to teach their children good manners, like setting the table, and trying to not burp, swear, or fart, they can grow up with new Traits that will positively affect their lives forever. Or, if they don’t do these things, well, there are Traits with consequences of another stripe..." And then we see in the trailer where the kid burps at the dinner table and then the mom burps in response and they all laugh about it. So, yeah, you can definitely be a bad or lazy parent and let the kids go off the rails.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    > @SimGuruNinja said:
    > > SimGuruNinja wrote: »
    > > ^^Yes, we've expanded to allow any household sim (YA or older) to claim a teen or younger sim as their dependent.
    >
    > > @luthienrising said:
    > > Is this in addition to being able to have two parents, or does it replace a parent slot?
    >
    >
    >
    > A sim can have multiple Caregivers in addition to parents.

This just sounds better and better the more I read.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2017
    > @SimGuruNinja said:
    > > SimGuruNinja wrote: »
    > > ^^Yes, we've expanded to allow any household sim (YA or older) to claim a teen or younger sim as their dependent.
    >
    > > @luthienrising said:
    > > Is this in addition to being able to have two parents, or does it replace a parent slot?
    >
    >
    >
    > A sim can have multiple Caregivers in addition to parents.

omg! Also, will the house or rooms in the trailer be in the GP? Please or for download?

ETA: Can parents encourage bad behavior? It would be great if one told the kid to stop something and the other cheer it on. >:)
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2017

For some reason the pic disappeared but SGNinja says were getting a few items for toddlers if you don't want to click on the link.
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    @SimGuruNinja That makes me so happy more ways for step parents to parent!!! :-)
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    ^^ Yes, this exactly. I also expect to see some quality Uncle Joey & Uncle Jesse Full House builds.

Will step parents be listed as step parents in the relationship panel? Or do you plan on including it in the future, they show up in the family tree but not in the panel.
  • Options
    itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    ^^ Yes, this exactly. I also expect to see some quality Uncle Joey & Uncle Jesse Full House builds.

Will step parents be listed as step parents in the relationship panel? Or do you plan on including it in the future, they show up in the family tree but not in the panel.

@SimGuruNinja I, too, am curious about this. Also, can step parents be assigned in CAS, instead of them just being roommates to another sims children?
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top