Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WE GOT OUR (ETA: SIMS 3) CREATIVE CORNER!!!

ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,374 Member
edited May 2017 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Thank you so much simgurus!

Edited to reflect Sims 3 since this thread was moved out of the Sims 3 section for some reason?
Post edited by ZeeGee on

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited May 2017
    DNA request team is MIA :o Nowhere to be found! :'( Not even in my comments, are they found!

So glad you all got your creative corner B)
  • Options
    @charlotteprice Oh no! The DNA experts may have to restart that thread in the builders section of Sims 3?
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Yeah, they made a sims 3 creative corner but it looks like every single thread from the old is now gone. :(
  • Options
    @ZeeGee I don't know! I went to my comments to see if I could find the link, but it was gone. I tried to type in Ramaji1 (I am sure her name is wrong) but it showed nothing.

Hope its not too difficult to restart a thread. All those beautiful pics from the creators, and no thread now :'(
  • Options
    @creativemetaphor Yeah, you had some beautiful builds in that thread. I hope they can retrieve the threads!
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Thank you the sims gurus team for adding us a creative corner. <3
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @charlotteprice Thank you, at least the exchange builds are still actually there, and the pictures can be relinked, but there were some wonderful conversations that might be lost which is very sad.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    You know...my RL wife says I'm a bit "slow"... but can someone explain to me what is allowed in Creative Corner? :) Yeah...age gets to me...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    We don't have video haven. I guess videos will need to go into story telling.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I am glad that there is finally a creative corner after all this time! :D

Now I need to contact EA to sort my profile out
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    I'm glad about this but it makes me sad that I had just started a thread last week for my story and now it's all gone. I'll need to back track through the pages of the "What Happened in you Sims game today?" thread to do the copy and post. And I had even indicated in the total that it was a TS3 story... :(
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917144/ts3-lisa-dawnlight-adventures-in-riverview#latest
  • Options
    I think that the old threads are still there. We just don't have access to them anymore because you get the permissions error when you click on a link to them. Hopefully they will move them to the new section.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    I think that the old threads are still there. We just don't have access to them anymore because you get the permissions error when you click on a link to them. Hopefully they will move them to the new section.

That's what I'm hoping for myself... :) It took me about 2-3 days to gather up all of my posts over in the thread that I was sharing my story to just to place them in the thread that I had started so that others could read it or for someone that was reading my updates in the sharing thread could go back and reread the story... :)
  • Options
    divine_simmerdivine_simmer Posts: 30 Member
    Well done guys, a double well done perhaps!

I have a few creative pictures to share with you all :)
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Well, I'm glad TS3 has its own Creative Corner again, so thank you SimGurus for that.

But there is still work to be done; all those story and lot sharing threads from the old section are now inaccessible. There were so many amazing things shared there, so I hope they are able to be restored...
    You know...my RL wife says I'm a bit "slow"... but can someone explain to me what is allowed in Creative Corner? :) Yeah...age gets to me...
    Anything you create using the game--Sims, lots, stories/vids; it also has a worlds section now (although there is still the CAW section under game tools, along with CAP), so I'm not sure if/how/when that may change.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    This has made me very happy! Too bad for all of the history lost, but I can't imagine the task of sorting through nearly eight years worth of posts to forward them over but a fresh start is better than no start at all.
    Thank you to those on the team who made this possible. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    Kermit_zpswswesqyd.gif

... for the Creative Corner. But I sure don't hope they've deleted existing topics.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Yay, so happy to see a dedicated Sims 3 Creative section back again. Thank you SimGurus. Just hoping by the time they sort out where everything goes that we'll all have our DNA Team and individual showcase posts back. Since maintenance updates are still in progress I'm still hopeful it will turn out well in the end.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    ... for the Creative Corner. But I sure don't hope they've deleted existing topics.

I have looked through my history to find all of my showcase threads and they are all gone. Not in my discussions, not in my bookmarks. I do believe they are gone unless they're tucked away in an unsearchable forum for safe keeping but I can't imagine they are.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I have looked through my history to find all of my showcase threads and they are all gone. Not in my discussions, not in my bookmarks. I do believe they are gone unless they're tucked away in an unsearchable forum for safe keeping but I can't imagine they are.
    That would be really really really bad... That is, if there are people who have stories and other creative topics on here the way I used to on a forum (so not linking to another site). It would be especially bad because there hasn't been any kind of warning. So..., I can't really believe it to be honest. Maybe they're not done yet. I hope so.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited May 2017
    What?! I hadn't even noticed yet (mobile site is still too annoying for me to have looked for it lol. Though that seems neater too. I just hate all mobile sites lol). I was hoping when the forums were down all day yesterday though this would happen. Hoped but didn't expect.

I'm so happy!
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited May 2017
    I really hope they get our threads back, no one had time to back them up. All of those tutorials and informational posts, plus our history is gone. :/ That really isn't okay. Nice to have a properly labeled section now, but still.

I spend my time organizing, so I would have gladly volunteered to clean out all the S4 threads in the S3 section. Or they could have allowed the community to work together to sort everything out. It doesn't have to be a Guru only job. So many alternatives, including letting the old S3 section stay up as is while everyone gets a new one.
  • Options
    I don't think the missing posts have been deleted. Even though I can't find mine I don't think my post count has gone down and if they were deleted I should have noticed a huge drop in my post count. I think they are just moved right now to where we can't see them or access them, but not yet gone forever.