Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    The design and layout of Waiting for Wellness looks very nice! @alifesizeddoll :) Very nice furnishing of each of the areas of the room! It looks very nice the way the armchairs have been placed in the room. Sims will like sitting resting in the armchairs awaiting news of their loved ones health. The hand sanitisers, soap and tissues look great on the side tables and walls ! The cherry blossom picture and scenic picture are very pretty and calming for sims to see whilst sitting there. Sims will like watching tv to pass the time. The gift shop corner nook is great! Sims will like buying the teddies and flowers there , to give as gifts to the sick patients. Very nice reception check in nook. It looks great how the counters have been set up there. The medical staff will be able to use the computer there to do their work. The noticeboard is a great touch on the wall. The flowers on the counter are pretty for sims to see when checking in. The yellow colour of the waiting room walls brings warmth to the room. The fire extingusher is a great touch in the room. Very nice kitchenette. Sims will enjoy making a snack in the microwave oven and getting a cup of tea and coffee from the coffee maker or tea brewer, to keep their energy levels up and calm themselves whilst waiting. The sunflowers picture looks nice and sunny on the wall. The kids play area looks very great! The coloured circles on the floor and the balloons look so colourfully nice! The animal chairs are very cute for the kids to enjoy sitting on and reading books! The dinosaur and animal wall pictures look cute there too! Kids will enjoy doing artwork on the activity table and enjoy playing with the dollhouse. The hot air balloons are pretty on the wall,
    The furnishing of the room looks very nice! Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @lsnishi , I hope so too! :smile:

@lotlot80 : wonderful room, love the chocolate brown/green colour scheme and the creative use of those circle symbols on the wall! Fantastic room!

@alifesizeddoll : the soft yellow/blue colour scheme is perfect for this weeks challenge! Love that you designed a whole hospital based on the room, already love all the various sections you've incorporated in this room, especially the nurse's check in station, looks wonderful!
  • Options
    BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    edited May 2017
    Can someone explain how to navigate this thread? I'm a little confused! Where do the new challenges get posted?

@rosemow
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Hey @Bonnie :)

If you go all the way back to the very first post there is a introduction section there. There Rosemow has written about the challenge. Keep scrolling down and you will find the entry form to use, and then in the third post you should find the current theme :)

This week it's: A hospital waiting room

New themes are posted on Tuesdays :)

Hope to see you participate and have some fun making rooms!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Bonnie wrote: »
    Can someone explain how to navigate this thread? I'm a little confused! Where do the new challenges get posted?

@rosemow

Hello @Bonnie :) Welcome to the room challenge thrreaf! It is so nice that you are thinking of entering the room challenge! There is a new room challenge posted every Tuesday at 9 p.m, PT. This week's challenge is posted, at
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13311085/#Comment_13311085
    and also at
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15719431/#Comment_15719431
    I will look forward to seeing your room for either this week or a future challenge :)
  • Options
    BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    Thank you guys!

@rosemow @Laebeth
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    @rosemow --- Thanks for all the things you liked about my room. RL has been pretty hectic this week, so I'm just posting more now.

@WrathofCath --- I'm glad you like the car I enlarged for the kids to ride in. Your waiting room is cool --- with that fish tank and plant area!

@Corwim --- Thanks for your compliments about my room.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    I really liked everyone's rooms this week, and congratulations to everyone who got a Maxis fav :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    lotlot80lotlot80 Posts: 758 Member
    @Corwim Thank you.

@rosemow Thankyou for your kind words, and thank you for hosting an amazing thread.

♥♥---->>> Please Leave A Comment On My NEW Builds Thread !! --- I'd Really Appreciate It. <<<----♥♥

edited May 2017
    @wendelyne I really love the little details you have added, like those wall railings, the fire extinguisher and the skeleton. I'm also a huge fan of the white clean look, as that is exactly what a hospital is to me, completely sterile :p Really nice that you then added lots of colors in the kids area, and that reception area is awesome! The brick wall really gives it oomph! Gorgeous room :)

@Ainsleyf I might start referring to you as the Queen of Twists. You seem to every week be able to take the theme to a place I didn't even imagine it could go! :p Really lovely entry area, love the layout and the colors. So clever how you have put in the windows and curtains to separate the exam room. The exam room has everything I would expect and looks stunning! Awesome twist ;)

BTW, It's been many years since I watched Bugs Bunny, and when I did it was in Norwegian so I don't think 'Finster' was called that over here. haha. Maybe a new avatar at a later time? :p

@lotlot80 Wow, what a room! I absolutely love the green/brown color scheme. The reception area looks so wonderful, and I love how you have used those half walls and dividers to separate the kitchen area as well as different seating groups. It looks great! I also LOVE that that you added a fountain, so fitting with the zen type room! You always make wonderful rooms, but I must admit I think this is one of my favorite ones from you so far :)

@alifesizeddoll Oh my, how on earth did I not think of a gift shop? haha! That is so clever, and I love it! Makes me think back to when I had my boys at the hospital, seeing all the cute teddys you could buy at the gift shop! I love the realism of your room, and how you have kept it clean and simple. Nice to see some real pops of colors in the kids area! Awesome room :)

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A Hospital waiting room
    Gallery name of room : Hospitably awaiting
    Origin id : Ninnster

This weeks theme was a struggle for me personally, but I did in the end finish a room I decided was worthy an entry :) The reception is not meant to be a security "Gotta keep our nurses safe" kind of thing, but I made it like that because every doctor's office in Norway has them. You always go up to the counter and wait for them to open the little window. Even the hospitals here do it. So, I simply had to build it :)

5X4Ic5g.png
    T6hlpdD.png
    Xgb4swc.png
    KPJDcgt.png
    ME78gtA.png
    v7y4eOn.png
    6IfkqoI.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    It is great that you have been able to enter a room in this week's challenge! @Laebeth :) The design and furnishing of the room areas looks so very nice! It looks nice how the glass windows have been used to separate off the areas of the room. The brown colour scheme is calming . It looks great how you have designed the reception area to reflect what it is like in doctors' offices in Norway! The walls and windows around the office desk look great! The files, fan, noticeboard, calendar, books and otter office decor there. give a great look to the reception desk alcove. The kids play area is very nice! It is very creative that you have created a play pen for the young kids to play in! The colourful jigsaw flooring looks nice and the teddy is cute! The kids will enjoy sitting on the cute animal seats reading a book, or listening to a story being read to them. They will like sitting on the sofas watching tv. Nice corner nook for kids to enjoy doing artwork on the activity table. The bunnies are cute on the windows. It looks very nice how the armchairs have been placed in the room. Very nice nook area where the seats have been placed back to back. The candles on the coffee tables and flowers on the wall table are pretty touches there. Sims will enjoy watching tv or reading a magazine from the stand whilst waiting for news on the health of their family member. Very nice tea and coffee nook! The cabinets looks nice along the top of the wall and the drinks tray and glasses look great on the shelving. The hand sanitisers, the tea and coffee bags, and the coffee sign on the wall are great touches there!
    The room is very nice! I am so glad that you were able to enter this week's challenge . Thankyou very much! :)
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    @mannanna awesome room. Love the color combos. And I don't even like pastel :D Welcome to the challenge. This is my favorite thread on the forum. Your room is a place anyone would love to wait even people who hate waiting. =) Love it.

@folala such a cute room -- I love the play area for kids that looks exactly like an outdoor area. Then with the zen garden on the other side -- nice!

@Wrathofcath another great build -- very authentic but restful. Cute cabinet /tea area. I like the shelves in between that's cool! The planter looks nice too -- really awesome idea.
    Laebeth wrote: »

@jazztizz my dear! As Rosemow said you can nominate anyone you would like to :) Even though Rosemow puts up the entries for everyone each week, there's nothing wrong with putting up a second nomination. I see on the Lot nominations thread that more and more people will second a nomination if they also think it deserves one, so by you picking out your favorites that you think deserves a nomination, you are doing the same thing :)

@Laebeth thank you. I can't remember if I answered this. I appreciate your input. <3

@Ainsleyf ugh I am sorry you lost so much typing. BTDT.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    @Laebeth and @Rosemow thanks very much for your input. <3

PS

@lsnishi I saw your room yesterday had to say real quick how epic it is. This needs to go in Hospital Quarterly or something for ideas. Actually that'd be cool for all these rooms.

PS2 I'm going on 3 hours sleep so I'll be back wherwajoizzzz later.

Hello @Jazztizz :) I hope that you have a restful sleep <3

Yes thanks so much @Rosemow. Much better sleep. *hugs*

@wendelyne that room (4 rooms!) is so unique. I really like how you designed the divisions. The reception area literally looks like a photo of a reception area -- if that made sense. =) The color really standds out against the white on white. Nice!

@Ainsleyf ! Your room. Holy -- so I'm walking in thinking, "Wow so beautiful, just digging the photos then POW. Doctor WHO?? I thought I was here for a checkup. You can't be a vampire this place looks like a spa! I thought vampires were all dark and dreary and AAAAH! Is that a COFFIN?" *faints* (I'd be an easy blood bank, fainting without hypnosis).
    Corwim wrote: »
    Wow, this thread is moving full steam ahead every time I visit! :) Ok, diving in trying to catch up! Apologies if I missed someone.

Congrats on being Fav'd by Maxis for your rooms @emere , @Don_Oello , @steskens , @undressyourbones , @illusie , @TinjaNurtle , @Laebeth wonderful news! :smile:

@Jazztizz : love how your bedroom is a wonderful mix between classic, regal furniture and modern/sci/fi elements, getting a strong Doctor Who vibe here (a tv show I absolutely love!), and it fits your story perfectly! B) Oooh, and in love with your zen-like hospital waiting room! Perfect design for a relaxing vibe for patients who might be stressful about a hospital visit, here they can relax and take their mind off the visit. Plus, your zen garden is absolutely gorgeous!

...It's really wonderful seeing so many creative room designs! I'm afraid I'm gonna sit this one out as well. Been having a pretty rotten time at work lately, and unfortunately my creativity seems to have left the building together with my mood. ;) I hope to be able to enter again in the following weeks, but in the mean time, I'm having a wonderful time checking out all your amazing room designs, so keep them coming! :)

@corwim thanks so much first off for making the list of folks who were Maxis pics:

@emere , @Don_Oello , @steskens , @undressyourbones , @illusie , @TinjaNurtle , @Laebeth what @Corwim said -- big congrats how cool!

With everything you're dealing with at work @Corwim (really sorry to hear) it's very kind of you to take the time to comment on my rooms. I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you. (Me too re Doctor Who j'adore -- haha just referenced that in my make-pretend walk through @Ainsleyf 's room.

@lotlot80 awesome room. It's really an interesting and very serene-looking blend of colors. Zen for sure.

@alifesizeddoll such a cute room and I just adore the teddy area and kids area. My kids wouldn't have wanted to leave such a cool play space. = )

@Laebeth wow this is awesome. I love the playpen idea so original! Such a sweet little area for kids. Love the browns and cream colors. The nurse's area looks perfect -- exactly like a staff area would. I really like the tea/coffee area too. Those browns and silver cabinets (I <3 brown). So many great details -- exit sign, that pretty yellow vase to offset the cream and brown. Really great room. Love it.

Yay I'm caught up.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    @Laebeth --- I really like your children's area "room" and then the kitchen area "room" within a room. It's cool that you used the glass part on the nurses' desk.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@rosemow I have finally managed to catch up with your threath :open_mouth:
    Thanks for all your comments, I really appreciate how many of you take time to comment every room <3 You all have created a warm nook in this forums o:)
    Congratz to all the Maxis favs B)
    And thanks to @rosemow for hosting this challenge <3
    I will join the next theme, I'm still working in my new game and my new PC :D I wish all the waiting rooms were like these, they are beautiful, peaceful and fun at the same time. Congratz to all of them B)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    emere wrote: »
    @rosemow I have finally managed to catch up with your threath :open_mouth:
    Thanks for all your comments, I really appreciate how many of you take time to comment every room <3 You all have created a warm nook in this forums o:)
    Congratz to all the Maxis favs B)
    And thanks to @rosemow for hosting this challenge <3
    I will join the next theme, I'm still working in my new game and my new PC :D I wish all the waiting rooms were like these, they are beautiful, peaceful and fun at the same time. Congratz to all of them B)

Helo @emere :) Thankyou very much for your very kind words about the thread and the rooms <3
    I will look forward to seeing your room for the next theme challenge :). I hope that you are gradually getting used to your new computer. Happy simming ! :)
  • Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    I am so impressed by the entries!

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A Hospital waiting room
    Gallery name of room : Waiting, waiting

Origin id : Withlovejulien

I decided to make an "improved" waiting room. The theme of blue and sea-foam green comes from the canal running through Willow Creek and the wall of windows is shaped to emulate the swell of water currents and waves. I think waiting rooms can be made more comfortable, friendly, and useful. Smaller seating groups with higher backs for privacy. Storage for personal items in a cabinet or using the coat hangers and rack. Coffee tables also offer additional places to put down items instead of taking up seating space. The eating area has dining tables. There are seats facing the windows if people prefer to enjoy nature while they're waiting. Work stations with computers and privacy dividers so people can be productive while waiting. Conference tables for working on paperwork (the hospital always involves paperwork) or consulting with the doctor. Tablets in case someone is bored watching TV, or reading. A book shelf and magazine rack. There are many clocks so everyone knows how close they are to hearing their loved one is doing well. Also a bathroom directly in the waiting room. The kitchenette includes a microwave and snacks. The children's area offers a lot of positive distractions including homework stations with computers. The sofas in the children's area makes it easy for parents to hug their kids and hold kids on their laps. The mirrors in the kids' area allow for imaginative play with movement (like making faces!).

B7vKOgJ.png

vwadTZ7.png

Pevc94o.png

E9dC6Pi.png

SlnsQTo.png

YSqJACp.png

7eS1RaU.png

More images: http://imgur.com/a/ATV6L
  • Options
    @Laebeth I can't even tell you how much I love the decals placed directly on the windows!
  • Options
    The layout and furnishing of Waiting, waiting is very nice! @withlovejulien :) It was very nice reading the background details that you have written about the room. You have put so much thought into the details of the build, and how sims will use the furnishings! . Each of the areas of the room look so very nice! Very nice blue and sea foam green colour scheme of the room! The wavy wall pattern and the colour scheme to reflect the canal in Willow Creek is a very nice touch. It looks very nice how the booth seating has been placed in the room! The booths look very nice placed back to back. It is a nice touch that you have used a coffee table with some of the seating, for sims to place cups of tea and coffee on. Sims will enjoy watching tv to pass the time whilst waiting for news. Very nice computer work stations nook! Sims will like sitting on the stools using the computers to catch up on work that needs to be done. The science themed posters look great on the walls there! It is nice that there is a tables and chairs area for sims to do paperwork. The filing box and computer look great on the tables. It is thoughtful that there are clothing racks for sims to hang their coats. The kids play areas look very nice! They will have fun playing the llama table top game, or with the doll house. The teddy is cute in the room! Very nice study desks nooks area for kids to homework on the computer. The koala, gnome and bunny are cute on top of the desks! They will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa seating watching tv or reading a book. It is nice that the activity table is near the windows so sunshine will come onto the kids whilst the doing artwork on the table. It is a nice that there is wall of mirrors that the kids can have fun interacting with. The fish and boats on the wall complement well with the canal theme and colour scheme of the room. The colour scheme also is very calming and restful, to help ease the anxiety of waiting for news. It is great touch that there are many wall clocks in the room, as that the sims can keep track of time. Sims will like using the tablets in the room, The kitchenette is very nice! The sims will enjoy making snacks and meals using the microwave and fridge, as well as getting drinks of teas and coffee there, to calm themselves with the tea and keep their energy levels up with the coffee and meals. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the counter. The floor patterning in the bathroom looks very nice,
    The furnishing of the room is very nice! It a very special waiting room for the sims to spend time in whilst waiting for the news about their loved ones. Thankypu very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    @withlovejulien --- I really like your whole room --- great details. The mini "restaurant" in the snack area is a great idea:)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you, @rosemow! That's exactly why the drawing tables are placed next to the windows!! Thank you for running the challenge!

@coolsim9999999 Thanks!!
  • Options
    @withlovejulien --- You're welcome!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Catch up time :p

Thank you for your lovely comments @rosemow! And a Big thank you for hosting this challenge week after week! :)<3

Thank you for the sweet comments @lsnishi @jazztizz @Laebeth @lotlot80 @amyybugg92 @mannanna @Corwim and @coolsim999999! :blush:

Sorry to hear that work has been kind of nasty lately @Corwim... I hope things start looking up again soon and I really hope to see some entries from you soon too!

Such a pretty and elegant waiting room @wendelyne! Love the distinct areas with the nurse's station in the center. The brick looks amazing with the white. Such a calming waiting room.

Hahaha! :D LOVE your room @Ainsleyf! The vampire Dr. at the end is such a hoot! Gorgeous room and set up so very nicely.

Gorgeous waiting room @lotlot80! Love the dividers you used and the pretty color scheme. Very nicely laid out too.

Cool idea having the little gift shop with your room @alifesizeddoll! Love the color combo and lay out for the different areas. Your new avi looks great! Love her pretty outfit.

Fabulous waiting room @Laebeth! All our Dr.s offices have that sliding window too. Nice idea thinking to put it in your room. Love the soft calming colors and pretty floor plan you used. The glass "doors" separating the areas is another great idea!

Love the shape of your cool waiting room @withlovejulien! Nice lay out and color combo for the walls, rugs and furniture. So pretty!

• Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Wow, amazing room @Laebeth ! Not only in love with the beautiful colour scheme, but especially with all the wonderful creative details (love the use of the decals on the windows indicating the coffee nook and the children's room, love how you designed the play pen in the middle of the children's room and fantastic idea for that sliding window for the nurse's station, we have those as well here :smile: ). Really, fantastic job!

Haha, you're welcome @Jazztizz ! I knew if I didn't make a list I was gonna forget someone! :smile: Thank you again for your lovely words, and I really enjoy commenting on everyone's wonderful rooms! Still amazes me every week how much variety is packed in everyone's interpretation of each week's theme! B) And yay for the Doctor Who lovin' going on here! :smile:

Awesome hospital waiting room @withlovejulien ! That's a beautiful serene colour scheme and I love how much detail you've put in the room! Fantastic idea to add storage and coat hangers to the room, add those rounded counters where people can fill out paperwork and place the dividers between the computers. Lovely seating areas as well and your children's section looks wonderful too. Fantastic room design!

Thank you @WrathofCath , i hope so too! :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top