May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,663 Member
    edited April 2017
    Hello @Laebeth :) I am sorry that you are finding it hard to get inspiration for this week's challenge. I hope that you may get ideas over the weekend. If you don't, I will look forward to your entry for the next week's challenge! Enjoy working on your Tudor home WIP! :)
  • Options
    alifesizeddollalifesizeddoll Posts: 55 Member
    I can't even begin to go respond to the past two weeks worth of comments, but I've been looking over everyone's rooms and they're all great!

Unfortunately, I caught a sinus infection and have been out of commission for a bit. You know it's bad if when I'm sick I'm not sitting lazily at my computer playing Sims ;)

Seriously though, so awesome! & always nice to see a maxis fav. come of these challenges! <3

Love the challenge this week @rosemow it's great to come back to, I've seen a lot of waiting rooms lately! :#

Hopefully, I can get something together by Tuesday. :) XO
    like vines we intertwined carelessly growing up and growing old; life was on our tongue

Gallery: alifesizeddoll
  • Options
    Hello @alifesizeddoll :) I am so sorry to hear that you have been unwell with a sinus infection. That is not nice for you :( I hope that each day now you feel a little bit more better, I send hugs to you <3
    I will look forward to seeing your room if you are able to enter this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @alifesizeddoll, I hope you feel better soon! Don't you wish life was like the sims where you can buy medicine on the computer and feel better within the day? :) Wishing you some sim medicine...

@laebeth, thank you for your kind comments. I think the inspiration will come to you. I know when I started this challenge I didn't have any idea of what to do and just started making a room. I think inspiration and ideas often strike during the building process, at least it does for me. I hope you'll enter since I always like looking at you wonderful builds.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    I have just discovered this part of the forum, I know, where have I been? There are so many awesome builds and rooms, amazing!
    Since I love to build and found this thread that sounds like a lot of fun, I have decided to participate in this week's challenge.

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A hospital waiting room
    Gallery name of room : Doc's waitingroom
    Origin id : Mannanna

Link to gallery:
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/1851A71C2C3211E78ABCD52383F2FDBD?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&so

I tried to make my room cheerful with colors so the poor Simmies that are waiting here would feel a little bit better.

04-28-17_8-30-42AM_zpsgir1hbgl.png

04-28-17_8-44-11AM_zpsym83jzza.png

04-28-17_8-48-10AM_zpssjazrohm.png

docs%20waitingroom_zpsk7ouon27.jpg
  • Options
    Hello,@Mananna :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! Thankyou so much for joining us on the thread and entering a room in this week's challenge! I will look forward to,seeing rooms that you post in future challenges also :)
    The furnishing and layout of Doc's Waiting Room is so very nice! :) Very nice blue, yellow and green colour scheme of the room! . The yellow colour brings a feel of sunshine into the room. It looks very nice how the armchairs are placed in the rows in the room, and back to back with a table inbetween. The plants are nice touches of nature on the tables and in the corner nook . Sims will enjoy sitting resting there on the chairs, reading a magazine from the stand or,watching tv , whilst waiting for news about their loved ones. They will enjoy listening to music through the wall speakers. Very nice kids play and reading nook corner! It looks very nice how the armchairs have been placed either sides of the bookcases, The kids will enjoy sitting on the chairs reading books or playing with toys. The gnome on the flamingo looks cute! The circular floor rug is a nice touch there. It looks very how the honeycomb and patterned wall dividers are used to separate off the room areas. The reception desk nook looks very nice! It looks great how the welcoming counter. and the computer desk has been set up. The files, file boxes, medical equipment and pencils on the counter are great touches there. The flowers on the counter are pretty for sims to see when talking to staff there.The drip and the skeletons are great touches in the room, and the sign on the door leading to the bathroom is great! Sims will enjoy having a drink from the drinks tray or a cup of coffee whilst sitting in the armchairs. It looks very nice how the flooring in the room is patterned. The eye wall chart and fire extinguisher cabinet look great in the room!
    The design and furnishing of the room is very nice! Thankyou again for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Wow...so many awesome builds! Hopefully by router issues will be fixed this weekend. In the meantime, I just have to sneak in for peeks at work. I can definitely say if doctors waiting rooms looked like these, being sick would be a lot more fun.
  • Options
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Wow...so many awesome builds! Hopefully by router issues will be fixed this weekend. In the meantime, I just have to sneak in for peeks at work. I can definitely say if doctors waiting rooms looked like these, being sick would be a lot more fun.

Hello @Ainsleyf :) I am sorry that you are having router issues :( I hope that they are resolved for you very soon.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @mannanna, welcome to the room challenge! I just started a couple of weeks ago too when I stumbled on this thread. I think it's really fun and helps get your creative juices flowing! And your first room is amazing. It has wonderful touches like the gnome riding flamingo, wall speakers, the fire extinguisher and evacuation sign and the sign in front of the reception desk. I really like your layout using the room dividers to separate the entry and the waiting areas; it really flows well. Great job! I hope you'll continue to submit rooms.

Ah, I forgot to mention that I love the anatomy skeleton in the room! After all, you might want to study it up so you have a better idea of what the doctor is saying. I know my orthopedist has models of knees and hips that always fascinate me...
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Hello all, thought I would give this challenge a go.

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A hospital waiting room
    Gallery name of room : Waiting in the garden
    Origin id : folala
    Pictures of the room : https://flic.kr/s/aHskTQU7QG
    2q2lqoh.png
  • Options
    Hello @folala :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is very nice and special that you have created a room for this week's challenge. Thankyou so very much! I hope that you will enjoy creating rooms for future challenges also.
    The garden theme of Waiting in the Garden is so very nice! :) It is very nice that you have brought the outdoors inside through your room. It would be very restful and calming for sims, as they are awaiting news of their loved ones. Each of the areas of the room look very nice! The green and brown colour scheme looks very nice. Very nice tv nook. It looks great how the chairs have been placed in a semi circle. Sims will enjoy watching tv there, or reading a book. Very nice armchairs and sofa seated sitting nook for sims to enjoy chatting together. The greenery on the wall looks nice. The picket fencing is a nice touch. The kitchen nook is very nice! Sims will enjoy making meals there using the stove, fridge and microwave to eat at the bar stool counter whilst waiting. The type of stools used, the brown colour of the furnishings, the branches themed divider and the plants picture on the wall look nice and reflect well the outdoors theme. The zen garden nook is very peaceful! The flooring texture, greenery on the walls, bamboo and stone walls look very nice! Very nice kids play area! The dinosaur in the corner nook amidst the flowers looks cute! The tree prints look great on the walls, and it looks very nice how the birdhouse, butterfly and bird have been placed on the trees! They look great! . The butterflies look so pretty on the wall! Very nice gardening area! The planters are great there, and the cat is a nice cute touch. Kids will enjoy sitting in the cute teddy chair, and have fun playing the llama table top game. The pond and yellow ducks are so very cute! They will enjoy doing artwork on the activity table.
    The furnishing of each area of the room looks so very nice! It is such a very peaceful looking outdoors themed waiting room. Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    @Rosemow, @lsnishi
    Thank you both for your welcome and your kind words about my room. Now when I have found this thread I plan to enter again :smile: I must admit it was a little intimidating with so many pages in this thread. Fun, lsnishi that you also found it not long ago.
    @folala Your room is so cute! I love the kid area especially
  • Options
    @folala I love the way you incorporated the greenery into your room with the garden area. And the meditation type room with the bamboo looks very relaxing. Great room!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    Congrats on the Maxis fav @TinjaNurtle and @Laebeth! Wonderful builds both of you. I look forward to seeing more of them.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    lsnishi wrote: »
    @alifesizeddoll, I hope you feel better soon! Don't you wish life was like the sims where you can buy medicine on the computer and feel better within the day? :) Wishing you some sim medicine...

IT'S NOT REAL?! What have I been taking?! ;)

Hahaha. Thank you though!
    like vines we intertwined carelessly growing up and growing old; life was on our tongue

• Options
    @mannanna Welcome! <3 I love your room! That flooring is INSANELY creative! So awesome!

• Options
    @rosemow thank you. I'm tryyying to get better!

• Options
    Thank you @alifesizeddoll ! Sending get better wishes to you, and look forward to see your builds. If not this week maybe next theme :smile:
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations on your Maxis Faves @Don_Oello, @steskens, @undressyourbones, @illusie, @TinjaNurtle and @Laebeth! :):star::star::star:

Love the colors and decor for your waiting room @carolynrosser! The bright colored rugs look so pretty with the soft pastel walls. The kids area looks adorable!

Love your daughter's room too! She did a Fabulous job! Especially love her color and item choices for the kids area (her expertise)! :blush:

Cool waiting room @amyybugg92! Welcome to the challenge thread! Love the different color walls combined with the wallpaper. It's so nicely set up with the different areas!

Really love the "quiet" adult area for your waiting room @Jazztizz! So serene. Your pond is Stunning! And I love the cozy kids area and cute little kitchen!

Such a cute waiting room @coolsim9999999! Love the pretty color choices. The giant car looks adorable, just like the ones kids drive around in!

Gorgeous waiting room @lsnishi! Absolutely love the color combo for each of the areas, especially the blue room. The details are perfection for each of the different areas!

Hope you feel better soon @alifesizeddoll. Sinus infections are just horrible! Hugs, <3

Welcome to the challenge thread @mannanna! Such a pretty waiting room! So realistic with the cool reception area and layout of the furniture. Love your floor work! So Pretty!

What a Gorgeous waiting room @folala! I honestly cannot decide which of the areas I like more! They are each so beautifully done. I could 'live' there, never mind just 'wait'! :smiley:
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Challenge 109
    Theme for the week: A Hospital Waiting Room.
    Gallery name of room: Patiently Waiting
    Origin id: wrathofcath

04-29-17_110708nbspAM_zpsl1kypugi.png

04-29-17_111150nbspAM_zpsnlvywkg7.png

04-29-17_111036nbspAM_zpsnlmfhozu.png

04-29-17_111313nbspAM_zpsvibixikn.png

04-29-17_110942nbspAM_zpsmsptbhcw.png

04-29-17_111329nbspAM_zpsrnqtfw2f.png

04-29-17_111011nbspAM_zpsbjgwjxmn.png
  • Options
    Patiently Waiting is a very nice waiting room! @WrathofCath :) The name of the room is great! Very nice brown and blue colour scheme of the room, which gives a calming feel to the room. The furnishing of each area of the room looks very nice! Very nice kids area of the room! The hot air balloons, trees , unicorn and lady on the walll, add a very nice look to the area. The aquarium is a nice touch there, and it is calming for sims to look at the fish. Kids will have fun playing the llama table top game or with the dollhouse. The unicorn looks cute! It looks very nice how the booth seats have been placed back to back. The kids windows tv and book nook is great! It looks very nice how the bookcases have been placed either sides of the cute penguin tv. Sims will enjoy sitting there watching tv or reading a book, whilst waiting there with their parents for news about the sick family member. It is nice that sunshine will cone into the room through the windows there. Very nice refreshments, tv and reading nook for the adults. It looks great how the chairs have been placed in an L shape there. The design of the bookshelves on the wall and the magazine stands either sides of them looks very nice. Sims will like sitting on the chairs, watching tv , reading a book or magazine, and having a cup of coffee or tea whilst waiting for news about their loved one. The cabinets and shelving with the drinks items on them look very nice how they are placed on the wall! The shelving looks great! The teabags are a nice touch there. The plants in the entry corner nooks are a nice touch of nature and green in the room. The sunflowers is a nice sunny touch for sims to see when sitting there. They will enjoy looking out through the windows to see what is happening outside, whilst waiting there,It looks very nice how the counter table with the plants on it separates off the kids and adult reading areas.
    The furnishing of the room looks very nice! It is a very restful waiting room. Thank you very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    Thank you for the kind comments @WrathofCath. And I love your room. You always have such a great layout of the different areas of a room and wonderful details. I love looking at your work because I always see something I never thought to do. In this room, I noticed the succulents enclosed by the low half wall. It never occurred to me to try this and it works so well; your creativity always amazes me! Great work!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    edited April 2017
    @WrathofCath thanks very much!

Hey question - since @Rosemow already nominates everyone who builds here in the Maxis room nominations thread, is it sort of uncool or not done or whatever to nominate individuals? I wanted to nominate everyone and decided to pick just four but then realize that might uh -- might not be following sort of unspoken etiquette. Do you know what I mean? Does anyone else pick a few and nominate the ones they like a lot too, or how do you guys / gals handle it? Definitely like the relaxed feel of this tread.

Great rooms this week everyone.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    Jazztizz wrote: »
    @WrathofCath thanks very much!

Hey question - since @Rosemow already nominates everyone who builds here in the Maxis room nominations thread, is it sort of uncool or not done or whatever to nominate individuals? I wanted to nominate everyone and decided to pick just four but then realize that might uh -- might not be following sort of unspoken etiquette. Do you know what I mean? Does anyone else pick a few and nominate the ones they like a lot too, or how do you guys / gals handle it? Definitely like the relaxed feel of this tread.

Great rooms this week everyone.

Hello @Jazztizz :) You can nominate whatever room, home, venue or sims household that you would like to nominate. They can be builds and sims from any simmer who has uploaded their creations to the Gallery.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top