Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    JazztizzJazztizz Posts: 627 Member
    Peeked in (can't help myself) before bed and all the rooms are so amazing. I won't be able to do this in time for the challenge but I'm so enjoying these rooms. So love the creativity here!
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    I am so sorry for not being around to check out all these gorgeous entries and offer congrats to all the maxis fav winners. Real Life and work have been very busy and my internet has been acting out. I am going to try to catch up on all the gorgeous new entries over the next couple of days. In the meantime, my selfish self did find time to build. A friend had mentioned to me that Toby, the baby from the movie, Labrynth, will be turning 33 this summer. I also found out that he is the son of famous artist Brian Froud (look him up if you haven't seen his work..it's awesome), so I've been in a Bowie/Labrynth kinda mood. Anyway, Rosemow didn't say what they were the king and queen of..so I thought...Goblin King maybe?

But @Ainsleyf THIS just appealed to me so much. Goblin King. I can visualize this King and Queen while looking at your bedroom. He's got a black leather eye patch and a diamond tooth. She's got ten ear piercings and blood red nails like razors. The minute they see your room they cackle madly with pure delight. : Beautiful room.
    Find your pack. Love them hard.Because life is short, and sometimes they disappear.Missing Benjamin.Dd9S8jh.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited April 2017
    The furmishing and layout of Bedroom of Elegance looks so very nice! @Sim_plicity :) The room looks so very elegant! Very nice colour scheme of the room! Each of the room areas looks so very nice! Very nice bed area! The wall panelling looks very nice and the mirrors are a nice touch on the bedhead wall. The flowers on the bedside tables are pretty for sims to see when laying in bed. The type and placement of the curtains on the windows either sides of the bedhead and on the book nook and dressing windows alcoves look very nice! Very nice lounger seating for the Royals to rest on the lounger reading a book whilst sunlight comes in through the windows. The globe and the statue on the table are nice touches there. The marble flooring looks very nice! The dressing area of the room looks very nice! The vanity table is very nice in the room. The flowers are a pretty touch on the vanity table. The Royals will like checking their appearance in the full length mirror before leaving to do the day's royal work. The dresser is a nice touch in front of the windows . The chandeliers look so very nice in the room! The patterned floor rug adds to the very nice look of the room
    Very nice sofas and armchairs sitting alcove in the room! It looks nice the bed area and sitting area have been half separated off using the golden patterned wall dividers. It looks very nice how the seating has been placed there, and the flowers on the centre table are very pretty for the sims to see whilst sitting there. The Royals will enjoy inviting other sims to come and have a talk with them there, The wall pattern gives a nice look to the area. The royal wall pictures there look very great! The standing candlelights look very nice and elegant! The fireplace will keep sims warm. The birds are a nice touch on the fireplace wall. The grandfather clock looks homely. Very nice music nook! The Royals will enjoy listening to the piano music being played whilst sittiing there. The flowers are a pretty touch on top of the piano! Nice corner armchair nook for sims to enjoy a cup of tea from the teaset there, whilst looking at the pretty floral wall picture.
    The furnishing of the room is so very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    Hi everyone,
    This is my first week doing this challenge.
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: a Bedroom for Royalty
    Gallery name of room : columned royal bedroom
    Origin id : cat315118
    http://imgur.com/a/HPxXI
    picture of the room

#oneroomoneweekonetheme

Coolsim :)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Sim_plicitySim_plicity Posts: 98 Member
    @rosemow I truly appreciate the review of my room! Thank you!! This was my very first challenge ever so I was very excited to tap into my creativeness for this one! Glad you love it! and can't wait for next weeks challenge! :smiley:

@WrathofCath Thank you so much! You are a great inspiration to me! I've recently checked out your catalog and I love your style you are amazing at what you do! :)
    Origin ID: Sim_plicity1994

• Options
    The Goblin King's Chamber is very creatively great! @Ainsleyf :) The black and gold colour scheme gives a great look to the room! The black curtains looks very nice around the bed, and the standing candlelights look great placed either sides of the foot of the bed! The patterned floor rug look very nice. Very nice windows reading nook! The Goblin King or Queen will enjoy sitting on the armchair reading a book with sunlight coming in. The black vine looks great on the wavy black walls ! The type of flooring texture suits well the goblin theme! Very nice fireplace table and chairs area. The goblins will enjoy having a cup of tea from the teaset in front of the fire. The candles are a nice touch on the fireplace ledge. They will enjoy playing the pipe organ! Very nice dressing area, Nice goblin themed mirror nook. They will like checking their appearance there. The colour of the closet complements well with the colour scheme of the room.
    It is a very nice room for Goblin Royals! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    Hi everyone,
    This is my first week doing this challenge.
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: a Bedroom for Royalty
    Gallery name of room : columned royal bedroom
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/ACC310AA25F111E78A4BD52383F2FDBD
    Origin id : cat315118
    http://imgur.com/a/HPxXI
    picture of the room

#oneroomoneweekonetheme

Coolsim :)

a4H68St.jpg

01.jpg

• Options
    Hello @coolsim9999999 :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is exciting that you have entered your first room in the challenge! It is so very nice that you have joined us! Thankyou very much for entering your very nice royal room in this week's challenge! :) I hope that you will enjoy entering future room challenges too!
    The design of Columned royal bedroom looks very nice! :) Very nice furnishing of the room! The curtains look so very pretty on the walls! Very nice bed area! The columns look very nice how they are used there. The type of bed used suits well the Royals! The golden patterned floor rug looks very nice in the room. The flowers on the dresser are very pretty for the Royals to see when getting up in the morning, The marble flooring gives a very nice look and feel to the room! Very nice fireplace armchairs sitting nook! The Royals will enjoy sitting chatting there, reading a book, whilst warming up near the fire. It is very nice that there is a vanity table in the bedrocm. The dresser looks nice placed beside it.
    It is a very nice bedroom for the Royals! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @coolsim9999999 welcome to the challenge! I love the way you used the columns to accent the bed. And putting the bed on the diagonal makes the room more interesting. Great room!

@Ainsleyf that's so creative! Your room is so deliciously dark and slightly menacing. I love you added an organ to the room; I can see the Goblin Queen playing an eerie tune while the One-Eyed Goblin King laughs maliciously. Wonderfully creepy!

@Sim_plicity I love how you used the screens and columns to break up the room. Great design trick I might have to try sometime. Your room is so elegant. I also noticed how you used the wall light sconces with the wall planters to come up with a very beautiful new wall planter. That's another thing I never thought to do. Amazing room!

@WrathofCath I have always loved your builds. I think have two or three in my main game save. You have a way of combining texture, color and forms that creates harmonious and beautiful rooms. Your room here is so skillful; I'm in awe.

@wendelyne, congrats on your Maxis fav! And you've made another wonderful room. I love the curtained dressing area!

@lotlot80, I was trying to use the parquet in my room but couldn't get it to work. You've done it successfully! Great room and decoration.

I hope we'll have more amazing rooms submitted. It surprises me at the variety designs and room layouts people come up with; it's always a pleasure to see so many great creations. Keep them coming!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Alright, time to get caught up. I have been busy working on my own room, so not found the time yet! :)

@carolynrosser I like that you have this blend (unintentional or not) of modern and traditional. Like the fireplace and coffee table has a modern vibe, yet the carpet and chairs more traditional. Yet they fit together wonderfully, tied together by the gorgeous soft white/blue/grey color scheme :) Gorgeous room!

@CatsRule Stunning color scheme, I personally love red, and with black it just looks so wonderful! I love how you have the painting behind the bed wonderfully framed with those curtains :) I don't think the room seems small at all, I think that's just a matter of preference. And as I have said in this thread before: Good design doesn't have to be complicated. People often think it has to be extravagant and intricate to be good design. A simple design requires as much, if not more, attention to detail, since you can't 'hide' behind furniture and clutter. It's a beautiful room!

@lsnishi I love your choice of bed, I was tempted to use the same one in fact! Those window bays with the statues in front is a clever and beautiful feature of the room, and I love that you added a piano! That just fits so well! I'm gonna remember those layered curtains, they look awesome! The dressing room is done so well, and I actually love, and prefer, the open solution with the wall in front still giving enough privacy. It's a gorgeous room!

@illusie So cool that you went with a different vibe and color scheme! I love the paneling, and especially how you have full panels on some walls, but half panel/wallpaper on others :) The canopied bed with the green curtains look stunning, and I don't think I've ever seen or thought of having mirrors behind the bed! Clever move! It's a beautiful room :)

@wendelyne Love the layout of the room, and especially how you have the dressing room corner with the curtains to separate it from the rest of the room and give some privacy. It has a beautiful soft color scheme, and it's a wonderful room! Love it!

@lotlot80 I love the ornate floor, that really elevates the room and makes it a little more unique. The fireplace looks amazing with the decor and flowers on there. I LOVE that you used that butler statue! I saw him and was itching to use him, haha, but I am doing something different so he doesn't fit in.. :tongue:

@WrathofCath Love the grey/gold color scheme, it looks stunning! That canopied bed looks so delicate and wonderful, and the fireplace looks amazing, especially with those lounge chairs to really give it that comfy feel. A really nice touch! A wonderfully delicate room :)

@Sim_plicity Welcome, and well done on your first entry!I love how you have used those dividers and columns to define the two areas of the room! So smart!It's a big room, but really elegantly decorated. I sort of see it as a luxury suite :) Those layered curtains are wonderful and clever! It's a gorgeous room!

@Ainsleyf BOOM! You just went super creative with your build! Love the Goblin King idea! That canopied bed looks stunning, and the room as a whole gives me that dark underworld feeling. Love the dead vines on the floor, it really sets the mood! The throne is a really fitting addition, and that organ too. It's a room that makes those items seem so right! Love it, so creative! :)

@coolsim9999999 Welcome, and well done on your first entry! I actually love those layered curtains, almost like a tapestry. Really gives a nod to the old royal design traditions :) The canopied bed looks beautiful, and I love the columns you've added. It really sets it apart, and gives it a unique feature. The soft gold/white color scheme is also a winner! It's a stunning room :)

I made it! So fun to see these rooms you guys, I pick up on so many little tips and tricks to use for future building!

Now I'm gonna walk away from the keyboard and rest my hands.. they are hurting from all the typing. lol!

(Don't know how you do it Rosemow, you are a true legend!) :heart:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Thanks, @lsnishi, for your nice comments, and congratulations on the Maxis fave for your man cave! That's awesome!

@wendylene: I love the way you've done the layout of this room! So creative to use the curtains and the room divider to create different spaces. Also, I've never really understood those window curtains that criss-cross like that--they never seem to fit with any of the windows I use--but now I see how they can be used effectively!

@Ainsleyf, I totally love your room! I love the Goblin King idea, and the way you've executed the theme is just gorgeous! Off-topic, but David Bowie is my absolute favorite singer ever, and I forced my kids to watch "Labyrinth" last year after he died. They didn't love it (savages!), but I had a blast seeing it again after all these years. (Also, sadly, Bowie died on my son's birthday, which my son was honestly a little bit 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off about. Sorry, kid--your birthday still comes first, but if I'm also a little sad, then so be it. I loved Bowie long before you were even a glimmer in my mind...)

@lotlot80: Beautiful room! I especially like the statue in the corner (looks like a little page boy, ready to wait on the royals) and the use of those fun topiaries!

@WrathofCath: I love the way the gold accents stand out in this room! Very elegant. I don't recognize those chaises by the fire--what pack are they from?

@Sim_plicity: what a great way to create two separate spaces! It reminds me of a beautiful and luxurious hotel suite. Your use of columns is fabulous.

And @rosemow, let me echo others that you amaze me! You're so generous and kind to write such detailed reviews of every room. Not to mention running the whole challenge every week! Thank you for all that you do!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Whoops--I wrote a huge long comment, but I missed a few people! Thank you to @Laebeth and @WrathofCath for your lovely comments!

@coolsim9999999, welcome to the challenge! This is only my third week here, and I've absolutely loved it. It's a very warm community, and the different themes are so fun to play around with. I love what you've done with your royal bedroom! The gold accents work beautifully with the color scheme, and the color of the flower displays really pops! I look forward to seeing your future efforts!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    JessiejessanJessiejessan Posts: 220 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A Bedroom for Royalty
    Gallery name of room: The Great Royal Bedroom
    Origin ID: Jessiejessan
    Pictures of the room:

04-21-17_9-36-41nbspPM_zpsud6mzamh.png

04-21-17_9-36-25nbspPM_zpsm7wltlk8.png

04-21-17_9-38-03nbspPM_zpsgkkijmmj.png
  • Options
    The furnishing and layout of The Great Royal Bedroom looks very nice ! @Jessiejessan :) Very nice golden colour scheme of the room! The floor patterning gives such a nice look to the room! The bed alcove is very nice! The curtains look very regal how they have been placed on the bedhead walls area and the royal portrait looks very nice there. The wall lights are nice touches either sides of the picture. Very nice vanity table nook! The curtains look very nice draped over the mirror, and the beauty products are nice on the table, ready for the Queen to use . The butterflies picture and the vase of flowers are pretty for her to see when sitting there. It is great that you have placed her beauty luggage cases beside the vanity table! The stool with the towel on it looks nice on the other side of the vanity table. Very nice wall panelling in the room. The sofa seats fireplace sitting area is very nice! The Royals will enjoy sitting resting in front of the fire , chatting , reading a book and having a drink from the globe bar. The teaset is a homely touch on the coffee table,and the corner nook display shelves item looks nice. It looks very nice the way you have positioned the red roses, plants and statue on the fireplace ledge! The roses and the flowers on the coffee table are pretty for sims to see when sitting there. The scenic pictures on the walls add a nice look to the room. The royal knight looks great standing on watch and guard in the corner of the room! The plants are nice touches of nature either sides of the door for the sims to see when entering the room. The curtains are a nice touch placed over the door.
    The furnishing of the room for the Royals is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Taking deep breath....

Congrats @wendelyne, @lsnishi, @withlovejulien, @katyplayssims for the Maxis Favs! Woot!

@wildflower1971, so sorry to hear about your grandma. It's awful to watch someone you've known your whole life slip away. I completely empathize.

@Corwin - fantastic man cave. Love the boxing ring. The artwork is great and you displayed it so perfectly. Your busker area made me think of the rock star game my son and his wife are always playing in my basement.

@IronicBeauty77 - Great basement. Love the camo rug choice and the trophy clutter is terrific.

@myfavoritedesign - The rose on the bed is such a great touch and the dark blues with the light blues and greys are gorgeous.

@carolynrosser - fantastic king and queen! Great room too...love the champagne near the fireplace.

@catsrule - I thought your fabrics and art and wall and floor patterns were just perfectly matched. It's a great room, the reds are wonderful. Don't sell yourself short.

@lsnishi - Great closet area - I want it! And loved your window placement. Nice!!!

@Illusie - Love the blends of wall patterns and the curtain blends around the bed!

@wendelyne - window sitting area rocks and so does the dressing area. Cool!

@lotlot80 - love what you did with the buffets and the urns and the clutter around the fireplace is really stunning.

@wrathofcath - enough with the stunning already!! Don't even know how you got the archways to frame the wall pieces but I will figure it out mwahahaha. The tea on the drink server looks awesome and the chair trick is really cool.

@Sim_plicity love the silver gold combinations and the colors. The columns with the dividers look really nice and the curtains are wonderful.

@jessiejessan - Your wall treatments are fantastic. Love your curtain choices and varieties.

Phew....

AND @xinquin, @lotlot80, @wrathofcath, @lsnishi, @laebeth, @carolynrosser, @jazztizz - thanks for all the very kind words. I'm a big Bowie fan and @Jazztizz..now I keep seeing him with a gold tooth - haha!
    P.S. The cradle is for Toby, and if I could find a decent mullet cc hair I'd probably try to make a Jareth.

And special thanks to @Rosemow for the wonderful review and this fantastic challenge thread. You rock!
  • Options
    Entry form: Challenge 108
    Theme for the week: A royal bedroom
    Gallery Name of Room: Regal Renaissance
    Origin ID: Ninnster

My inspiration was a medieval great chamber for the lord and lady of the castle. It is meant to be very late medieval or renaissance, and about 15th or 16th century, based on the choice of bed. The four post bed I have been inspired by did not become popular until the mid 15th century period. The lord and lady could very well have a visit from the king and queen right?

fhZHjTw.png
    XdTgDnT.png
    YfjxlCA.png
    5xdY4qN.png
    BsAv8CB.png
    JUuHraX.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    @Jessiejessan I like how you made that wall frame center of attention on the headboard.

@Laebeth Splashes of colors, even if subtle was a nice touch. I get a Belle vibe from your sim.
  • Options
    Sim_plicitySim_plicity Posts: 98 Member

@Ainsleyf @carolynrosser @Laebeth @lsnishi Thank you all for your comments, I appreciate all of your thoughts on my room! :smiley:
    Origin ID: Sim_plicity1994

• Options
    @veriona Hah! She does to. I decided to give them a medieval/renaissance make over.. and that was the closest I got.. or bothered to go. lol.
    Maybe I was secretly thinking Belle. I did see the movie just a few weeks back, AND Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite Disney movie.. competing for first place with the Little Mermaid actually.. hmm

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• Options
    Regal Renaissance is such a very nice bedroom for the Royals ! @Laebeth :) The medieval renaissance theme of the room looks so very nice! The wall texture gives such a great feel and look to the room! The type of door and the stained glass windows used look very nice and suit well the room type. Very nice bed area! The curtains look very nice how they are placed around the bed, and the standing candlights look very nice placed on either sides of the bed. It is nice that that there are a fruit bowl and teaset on the side wall table, for the Royals to enjoy sitting on the seats near their bed and eat some fruit accompanied by a cup of tea. The treasure chest is a nice touch there. The medieval style pictures on the walls add a nice look to the room. Very nice sofa and armchairs sitting area in the middle of the room. It looks great how the seats have been positioned there, and the patterned floor rug looks very nice. The flowers on the table in the middle of the seating area are pretty for sims to see whilst chatting there near the fire. The tump of fireplace used looks very nice. The Knights standing watch and guard in the corner nooks look great! Very nice dresser and mirror alcove! Sims will like checking their appearance in the full length mirror there. The candlelights on top of the dresser, and the wall and ceiling candle lights look very nice in the room. The books are nice homely touches on the coffee table and dresser.
    The themed renaissance /medieval furnishing of the room looks so nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
  • Options
    Laebeth wrote: »
    @veriona Hah! She does to. I decided to give them a medieval/renaissance make over.. and that was the closest I got.. or bothered to go. lol.
    Maybe I was secretly thinking Belle. I did see the movie just a few weeks back, AND Beauty and the Beast is my all time favorite Disney movie.. competing for first place with the Little Mermaid actually.. hmm

Hey I love those too. I have not seen the beauty and the beast movie yet, waiting for it to be on demand instead.
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations on your Maxis Fave @KatyPlaysSims! :):star::star::star:

Thank you for your very lovely comments @Sim_plicity, @lsnishi, @Laebeth, @carolynrosser and @Ainsleyf (I got a kick out of your "mwahahaha" :p )

@carolynrosser, the chaises aren't really chaises at all, they're actually just an armchair with a Mooed in ottoman from the base game pack. Sims will use them by either sitting or napping on the ottoman part only. The chair back is just for looks. :p

Wicked pretty room @coolsim9999999! Love, love the canopy you created with the columns for your bed. So pretty. The whites look so lovely and elegant.

Gorgeous room @Jessiejessan! Love the golden hue the entire room has. So nicely set up with the sitting area and I Love the vanity table you created. So pretty.

Beautiful room @Laebeth! The canopy bed you created is gorgeous! Love the castle effect and your sims look amazing in there.

Hi Rose! :)<3

Happy weekend, everyone! :blush:
  • Options
    AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    edited April 2017
    Yeah...I did another one. Couldn't help myself. Too many cool Kings and Queens out there. Here's one for King Oberon and Queen Titania
    Theme for the week: Royal Bedroom
    Gallery name of room : A Midsummer Night's Dream
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/10C83B5D276311E787D1C26B009BB2A4
    Origin id : Ainsleyfr
    Pictures of the room :4N0ShLy.png9ztZQUD.pngSjXxmot.pngM8RUceg.pngufDwyRE.png
    Post edited by Ainsleyf on
  • Options
    @Ainsleyf You know my spouse was watching Into the Badlands last night while I was browsing about on my ipad and noticed this beautiful room they showed in one of the scenes. It had all these greenery in this abandoned castle and it was so beautiful. Your room reminded me of that scene, nice one! I see my old EQ1 high elf living here, even my elf from lotro, very fitting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top