Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    DemonPosterDemonPoster Posts: 13 New Member
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    I posted this on another thread but here it is

Toddlers should be able to go swimming as long as they have floaties, but the parents should teach them how to swim, but be careful, toddlers get fatigued after 3 sim hours in the water, you will notice them leave with an uncancelable action, also, if you put a wall around the pool, to try to drown the toddler, he/she will teleport out of the pool.

Toddlers could go to restraunts and tantrum and misbehave until parents teach them to behave, Angelic toddlers Tantrum and misbehave less often and are easier to train whilst fussy Toddlers are harder to train and misbehave more often. Misbehaviour includes, not being patient for food, being rude to the waiter, Tantrems and throwing food around, if it gets another Sim that sim will get a little tense. Misbehaving Toddlers can get scolded by a parent, or adult in charge, it will go under learning, not mean, then the toddler can say sorry and give the adult a hug.

Waiters should serve toddlers meals that 2-5 year olds eat, toddlers can choose when asked, a pop up appears for you to pick out of 3-5 meal choices, then, a few sim minutes later the waiter appears and gives them food, Toddlers, Children and Elders always get served first before Teens, Young Adults and Adults.

Toddlers can misbehave at home, misbehaviour includes not wanting to go to bed, demanding things, going out in cold without layers of clothes(seasons) and being mean to adults (includes YA, Adult, Elder) and other toddlers and Children and Teens. Also Babies with a new mean interaction for toddlers.
    Punishment (initiated by player) can include, naughty step where the kid goes to timeout for 30 sim minutes and then apologises, no Freezer Bunny Tablet for 1 sim day, no play dates for 2 sim days.

Parents can schedule a play date or group of either two parents and there respective Toddlers, or 3-4 parents with their toddlers, the Toddlers can play, be mean etc. and the parents can chat over coffee whilst watching the Toddlers. These Play dates can be scheduled for a certain day and time, it can also be the same each week and parents can take in turns hosting, some people may not come some weeks.

Parents can reward their Toddlers by giving them hugs, a new toy, or treats.

New Toddler beds based on the fancy expensive bed, a toddler kitchen.

Toddlers can run a lemonade stand with a Child or Teen, Sims from around the worlds will come and buy some lemonade, they can tell your sims whether it tastes good, if people don't like the lemonade the toddler can get sad and cry a little, having a toddler to help makes more people come, and puts the price up from $2 for a cup of lemonade to $2.20.

Toddlers can have Piggy Banks, which can come in 3 styles, the Toddlers can store their own money in them away from the household kit, Parents can then go with their toddler to a store that has toys, etc. with GTW, otherwise the toddler goes to an offscreen lolly shop, and buys a couple of sweets. With GTW, stores can sell lollies.

In a pack you could make lollies and if you have GTW sell them, Toddlers can help with the making of lollies and watch.

Toddlers should be able to help the parents cook by getting veggies out, once the parent cuts them, the toddler can put the veggies in a put on the counter, then the Toddler watches as the parent does the rest.

What do you think.

You've just said everything I've been thinking. I really hope that they implement some of these at least.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I read about the toddlers swimming or being able to play in pools and paddling pools, I think is a great idea. I can imagine the shy ones being hesitant about jumping into parents arms in the big pool, and independent ones, jumping in on their own. clingy ones having to be carried in by teens and older sims. and not letting go. Paddling pools they can get in and out themselves.
  • Options
    RaolinsbaneRaolinsbane Posts: 2 New Member
    Bear with me: Toddler Fight Club (no actual bears)(well...maybe)

Venues include Sandboxes, Pillow Forts, and Domed Jungle Gyms. The domed jungle gyms functioning as Toddler Thunderdome with stuffed animals, rubber ducks and hobby horses hanging from chains. The domed jungle gyms can be used normally as jungle gyms for child sims, as the blood lust has abated with age.

Movement skill will be the primary stat toddler fights will be based on. Two toddlers with a 1 in movement will circle one another on unsure legs, wobbling as they stare one another down. This will eventually improve with more showy pre-fight warmups like cracking the knuckles/neck and fighting stances. Thinking Skill can come into play however, with random dirty tricks like kicking sand into the eyes, or going for the hobby horse in the dome.

Actual fights will consist of 90% warmup time, culminating with the two toddlers nose to nose in an intense staredown, before one eventually starts bobbing up and down in their little dance and the other one just falling down. The loser will receive a 6 hour buff to skill gains called "Down but not out", and the winner will poop their pants. (thereby relieving themselves and having a nice content bladder.)

CAS objects for this pack will primarily consist of cut-off jean shorts and home-made tank tops.

This could be a smaller part of a larger fighting-themed pack that adds martial-arts and expands the boxing options, but honestly I just want Toddler Fight Club. And domed jungle gyms... and Hoppity Hops...
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @Raolinsbane ??????? sims 4 isn't about violence in any form. that's why many of us play it, because it isn't violent. jungle gyms for children would be great, but kicking sand in faces of other toddlers definitely not. Not in my game. some sort of dance contest or bobbing contest with other siblings maybe, but I don't know how that would happen.
  • Options
    RaolinsbaneRaolinsbane Posts: 2 New Member
    Violence is absolutely a part of the sims however. Why can sims fight, why can people(which they do in vast amounts) kill their sims in creative ways? A tongue in cheek non-fight between toddlers is hardly fighting to begin with, but if you want to go the life simulator route, I'd remind you kids in real life fight. A lot.
  • Options
    sims do fight. that's what happens between sims, simmers can drown and electrocute sims, so I stand corrected. but toddlers fighting or sim kids fighting is horrible. and real children fighting is horrible, and because in real life it is horrible why would we want to bring that into our game. fortunately if this ever got in the game it would be a choice the simmer makes.
    I don't make my sims fight, and I've only ever drowned a sim once, and I didn't save the game, and I have never electrocuted my sims. Personally for me, I don't want violence in my game.
  • Options
    blossombombsblossombombs Posts: 92 Member
    I love the swimming ideas for toddlers! Kiddie pools, floats, and swimming lessons would be really cool. It'd be cute if adults could teach toddlers to swim too.

I've said this about a hundred times, but after school clubs would be an awesome addition. It'd be really cool to enlist kids up to clubs (like swimming!) and hearing about their progress, encouraging them to practice, going to their competitions/nationals, seeing them win ribbons. (My sims like to accomplish things and do well in life. Unlike me, an actual slug.)
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    i would like to point out i want everything that the sims freetime has for the event that looks amazing =u= and i want to havethe daycare career back too to date care of the wee devils
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    GFAMILY4SIMSGFAMILY4SIMS Posts: 5 New Member
    In relation to: "Outdoor activities and parenting away from home-allow toddlers to be a part of picnics, camping, visiting etc with 'pack n play' to allow the parent to keep them occupied with play or sleep while out of the home. Freedom to parent outside of the home!"

I suggest having toddlers travel to restaurants with their families. The last time my sims went out to eat, the toddler had to go to daycare/babysitter. I oddly had the option to bring the toddler to the current lot (the restaurant), but she could not sit with the family to eat. Can this be changed so the toddlers can dine with the family (possibly in a high chair), for those of us who want to have family outings?
  • Options
    MirandatehpandaMirandatehpanda Posts: 4 New Member
    I would love all of these things! <3:)
  • Options
    southaltansouthaltan Posts: 152 Member
    You can add high chairs to existing restaurants or create "family friendly" restaurants. Then click on actions and "add to group" or bring the toddler to current location, and add to group, then click on the table with the high chair, and request table.

The annoying thing is when you can't edit a lot, i.e. In Granite Falls.
    In relation to: "Outdoor activities and parenting away from home-allow toddlers to be a part of picnics, camping, visiting etc with 'pack n play' to allow the parent to keep them occupied with play or sleep while out of the home. Freedom to parent outside of the home!"

I suggest having toddlers travel to restaurants with their families. The last time my sims went out to eat, the toddler had to go to daycare/babysitter. I oddly had the option to bring the toddler to the current lot (the restaurant), but she could not sit with the family to eat. Can this be changed so the toddlers can dine with the family (possibly in a high chair), for those of us who want to have family outings?

• Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    Would it be possible to make fountains into wading pools for toddlers? It'd be amazing if this functionality could be added, along with more pool stuff, so we could make waterparks for the whole family.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    Toddler playground equipment is number one on my list. I would also like it if they could swim or maybe a kiddie pool?
  • Options
    Amby316Amby316 Posts: 1,408 Member
    I wish I could sing lullabies to babies and toddlers.
  • Options
    SkyeFallSkyeFall Posts: 55 Member
    If this hasn't been said before I would like for there to be an option for you to have a like 37% chance of having a toddler with special needs or development problems like autism aspergers,speech impediments, dwarfism and more. you will either have your sim discover or (if preschools are added) a call informing you that )___ is wrong with your child and you will have to go to doctor and check and if they do have the special needs then they will go for weekly checkups and will have a aid worker. also the job to become a toddler doctor (specializing in special needs)or a speech therapist.

Just an idea though :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited April 2017
    SkyeFall wrote: »
    If this hasn't been said before I would like for there to be an option for you to have a like 37% chance of having a toddler with special needs or development problems like autism aspergers,speech impediments, dwarfism and more. you will either have your sim discover or (if preschools are added) a call informing you that )___ is wrong with your child and you will have to go to doctor and check and if they do have the special needs then they will go for weekly checkups and will have a aid worker. also the job to become a toddler doctor (specializing in special needs)or a speech therapist.

Just an idea though :)

Not a good idea since Disablity is a no-no for a a staff member on here
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DaninhozinhoDaninhozinho Posts: 14 New Member
    For children, i would like to see back the Imaginary Friend. Could back in a patch, like the monster under the bed.
  • Options
    ninagreenhalghxoninagreenhalghxo Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi! I'm new here :) Padding pools you can place in your Sims' gardens and usable strollers would be a great add to the game.
  • Options
    BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member
    @Daninhozinho I'd love to see the return of the imaginary friend, that was always the best part about having a kid in TS3.
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • Options
    NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    DRAWING ON WALLS!!!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    You might get that next, Nep - at the very least our kids can throw paint on the floor.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Definitely the toddler swing like we had as store content in Sims 3.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    BrieeriesBrieeries Posts: 7 New Member
    For the Sims 4 gurus out there I think there should be a school game/expansion pack. Like high schools and elementary schools that aren't rabbit holes, and maybe you could sneak in a college or university. There should be an assigned teacher/professor just because If the teacher career wasn't a rabbit hole I feel like there wouldn't be much to it and it would be to similar to get to work. Students could have a little feature that says what kind of student they are, for example a focused student or a disrespectful student, something like that. I also think schools should be a venue so you could build your own school and you should be able to choose from a set of rules and if the school has uniforms or not. If your school does have uniforms you should be able to customize them like in dine out. As far as items and objects go I think the only thing would be to have a functional backpack and that's where your sims homework shows up but mischievous sims could put like video games and things in their backpacks. Also students could pull pranks on the teachers and "try to talk out of homework" or "Give excuse for missing homework". I would really like if there was like a squad feature. Thank you! <3

-ღBrieeriesღ
    I know you all just made a new gamepack and already starting on a new one and then the next one is already planned but I feel like this would be really cute and you could see what happens when "_______ has gone to school".
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    WE NEED MORE TODDLER STUFF!
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    We definitely need more stuff for toddlers! I'd like stuff for toddlers to do in the backyard like a sandbox or playhouse. Stuff for the park would also be nice, such as playground equipment for both children and toddlers.

I also want several more hairstyles for both toddler boys and girls- bob and pixie cuts for girls, parted hair for boys. For clothes, there's plenty of inspiration out there for cute pjs, t-shirts, polo shirts, sweater vests, dresses, and jackets.