Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**Creations by masajo** **Villa dei Fiori**

Comments

• Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Well done, @masajo ! :smiley: I love all the little clutter details like the gardening tools and the string of paper lamps. I also think your exterior wall textures go together really well—I especially love that one brick pillar! :heart:
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Awww I love surf and turf! I wish I would have thought of the tiki bar and that name!!!! :D you did a wonderful job like you always do! :) and,I think it has a very neutral feeling to it. I feel like my houses tend to be girly even when I'm trying for them to be for a guy lol
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Surf n Turf is beautiful @masajo! So open and calming, you can really tell ti's inspired by a lighthouse. The potting workshop/board storage is awesome, I'm always struck with your ingenuity around making something look like something else.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Surf N Turf is fantastic Masajo, love the tower you built, really makes the architecture stand out, and love the beachy vibe throughout the entire lot, awesome job!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Such a lovely build! Makes me wish it was summer already and it was time to take a vacation! Love the beach vibe of the build! Already added to my favourite. <3
  • Options
    DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    "Foxcote" is very nice.I have a lot of interesting details and I am humor with the old manor. "Beechwood" is vey elegance ,"Surf 'n' Turf" is reminiscent of a contemporary house in the Japanese suburb. Beautiful creations !
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Big thank you for your wonderful words and kindness @StSciurus I love those lanterns, they really are a must for a beach house :)
    Many thanks @lisa17ann your kindness is very much appreciated, I don't think I've ever used the tiki bar before and can't think why not, it's really great :)
    Your words are very generous @FaithofKaela thank you so much, the shed was fun to build, would have been better if we had surf boards in the game :)
    Thank you very much @Corwim for all your kindness and support, glad you like the tower part, I wasn't too sure at first :)
    A very big thank you @yanti68 I think beach houses are always a favourite to build, especially when it's still cold and I'm dreaming of summer :)
    Many thanks for all your wonderful words @Dels very kind of you and very much appreciated, the Japanese style is one I must look into, your builds are always very inspiring :)
    Dear @rosemow thank you so much, it is very exciting to get a Maxis fav, such a wonderful feeling which leaves me in total happiness :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Solidarity

This is my entry for #BnS65, a house created for a former soldier and his son and daughter. The exterior is decorated in khaki and brown, being army colours, with pops of bright yellow to represent 'sunny days'. Porch at the front for relaxing and watching the world go by and yard at the rear for dining, gardening and painting. Open concept modern interiors with a spacious feel in shades of blue and gold. Here are the kitchen, dining, bar, chess and living areas. Fitness equipment in the master bedroom and the children's rooms are on the first floor with a shower room included :)

Download here
    More pics here

lxI4jpq.png

NUHJcSY.jpg

y1ECBzM.jpg

p9jn3cs.jpg
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    I like the austere simplicity of the master bedroom. Very manly! And using the candle divider thing to define the living area is brilliant!
  • Options
    Lovely to see you here @Xinqun :) Many thanks for your kind words, in truth I was running out of funds for the master bedroom! I think the candle dividers are so beautiful, they seem to separate areas wonderfully :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Solidarity is such a charming and inviting house! Love that you used the military colours to represent the family it was designed for. Beautiful pops of yellow throughout, great design choice as well. And beautiful interior design too, love the soft blue and white colour scheme. B)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Solidarity is a very nice home! :) It is very nice and special that you have used khaki and brown colour for the exterior to reflect the army, and used yellow to reflect sunny days. The exterior design of the home looks very nice! Very nice roofing! The yellow flower box windows, the flowers on the front porch and the yellow seating look so very pretty and sunny! Sims will enjoy sitting there in the outdoors air. The rocks look nice lining the front footpath. Very nice back patio! Sims will enjoy dining at the yellow umbrella covered table in the sunshine. The flowers, plants and candle are nice for sims to see when sitting there. They will like growing plants in the planters. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The blue and yellow colour scheme of the interior looks very nice! The wall pattern gives a nice look to the room areas. Nice nook area for sims to have fun playing chess. The yellow colour of the seating, and the circular floor rug under the table are nice touches there. Very nice living room sitting area. It looks nice how the walls of candles separate off the area. The candles on the coffee table are restful for sims to sees as they relax on the sofa or armchair watching tv. The golden floor rugs are nice touches in the rooms, Very nice dining nook! The alternating blue and white chairs looks great! The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the dining table. It is great that there is a study desk nook in the room for sims to enjoy sitting on the stool using the computer. Very nice sunny and light filled windows sitting nook for sims to rest and have a drink from the globe bar with sunshine coming in onto them. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The confetti on the walls of one of the bedrooms and the boat themed wallpaper in another one gives a very nice look to the rooms. The teddy looks cute in the kids room! They will have fun playing with the dollhouse. It is great that there is the punching bag fitness equipment in the master bedroom, for sims to keep fit.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you very much for all your beautiful kindness and support @Corwim it's always a great pleasure to read your wonderful words :)
    Big thank you dear @rosemow for your fantastic review and all your wonderful kindness, you really bring out the best in a build and always make me so happy with your fabulous words :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited March 2017
    I love the exterior of the house being in soft neutral colors, and then having the yellow pops of color to really make it interesting and not too 'bland'. That's really clever! The house is really charming, and I think it really fits the family you designed it for. Oh and the terrace area is great. It really looks homely and inviting with not only the yellow, but more pops of color through the flowers. My Sim would have loved to sit there on a lazy summers day!

The interior is wonderful. I love the color scheme! And I love that even inside the house there are a few pops of yellow :)
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    @masajo - you already know how much I adore Solidarity, you covered the brief so wonderfully!! I am always astounded by the amount you manage to fit into builds on such tight budgets. The interiors are soft, but not girly, which is a really fine line to tread. And that driveway is just fantastic!!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Wonderful job on Solidarity, @masajo ! It has all your signature touches, and the seeming simplicity is very appealing. :smiley:
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
  • Options
    Lovely to see you here @Laebeth thank you so much for stopping by and leaving your beautiful words, I too love the way a few pops of yellow brighten things up in a build :)
    A very big thank you for all your kindness and support @FaithofKaela with all the BnS budgets I do find it hard to splurge sometimes :)
    Thank you very much for your wonderful words @StSciurus really appreciate all your kindness and support :)
    Many thanks for stopping by and leaving your wonderful words @Brennachan very kind of you :)
    Really pleased you like the new builds @Nejioranaid thank you so much for your beautiful words :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    edited March 2017
    My dear @masajo Solidarity is so quaint and lovely. I love the simple traditional yet striking exterior. I still haven't found those Little Rock's yet but I haven't looked to hard. I love the effectiveness of them in your landscaping! I'm super in love with those shell chairs anyways and love to use them my self in yellow as it certainly adds a bit of cheerfulness. You know I'm a fan of your interiors and as I occasional enter Build N Share challenges I always find the budget to be very tight and I don't know how you make it feel like budget wasn't even a issue! So much talent in you my dear! Keep up the amazing work! ;)
    Post edited by lisa17ann on
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• Options
    A very big thank you @lisa17ann for your very generous comments and kindness, your words always bring so much happiness :) The little rocks are in debug and I enlarge each one five times, they are fantastic for edging and great on a budget as they are free. Budgets are always challenging but it's a great feeling when it's achieved! Looking forward to seeing you at BuildnShare again :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    DelsDels Posts: 289 Member
    Wonderful home. I like the structure and decor. Interesting story is also related to this hous. Thank you very much for your kind words :)
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member
    Solidarity is really charming. I love the porches and the layout. The décor is lovely, I love that soft blue.
  • Options
    Many thanks for your kind and lovely words @Dels always very much appreciated :)
    Thank you very much @folala really appreciate all your wonderful words and kindness :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top