Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I'm a new-ish player, so I didn't know that ghosts still counted for the total population of a save.

I learned this the hard way that some sims started to disappear (even potential mates :neutral: ) in my legacy playthrough. Didn't know that there was a population limit, is it 210 people max?

It's about 305 at the moment. @Neia and I are keeping track as the population handling changes: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/905991/culling-relationship-culling-decay-current-status/p1

Is that for the 32 or 64 bit version? My computer can't handle the 64 bit version (or it doesn't like it anyway).
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    @luthienrising thanks so much, by the way I use the "Show Sim Info" mod to check my Population at the moment, is it reliable (says my sim has relations with 8/188 sims, so 188 is my current population?) or is the population mod itself the only reliable population counter?
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Not sure if this has any meaning at all or not, but the last two days My Sims have referenced Werewolfs and zombies. Might this be a hint that they will be added soon to our game with the vampires?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2017
    @luthienrising thanks so much, by the way I use the "Show Sim Info" mod to check my Population at the moment, is it reliable (says my sim has relations with 8/188 sims, so 188 is my current population?) or is the population mod itself the only reliable population counter?

I haven't heard it isn't reliable, so it's probably fine. The other one I know that is is MC Command Center. The population mod is not maintained so I wouldn't trust it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited March 2017
    2ugyzk9.png
    Salty Llama :D
    Post edited by crazycat_135 on
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    I found out very early on that my Sims can steal books from the library - and no Kleptomaniac trait required.

The first time I was a bit puzzled to see a book in my Sims inventory but, being new to the game, I sort of assumed it wasn't too unusual.

The second time it happened I saw my Sim take the book and so did another Sim who did a sort of double take.

That look was interesting to see since I'd seen one of my own Sims react that way to a Kleptomaniac stealing a plateful of burgers from a picnic table. I think the reaction is called something like 'stop and look'.

How embarrassing.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Are you telling me that all those strange books I keep finding in my cousin's husband's inventory are not career rewards then? Oh dear...
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    Are you telling me that all those strange books I keep finding in my cousin's husband's inventory are not career rewards then? Oh dear...

I wonder if they'll fine us if we return them ? :)
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,611 Member

That's a good question. I think maybe some of them are career rewards? Cuz I always play the same household and I don't rotate. So there's no way my sims could have stolen books from the library - I don't bring them there either.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    I didn't know that parents can get ticked off and get a "tense" moodlet from a toddler asking them "why?" too many times in a row. I heard the mom snap at the toddler and there's now a tense moodlet called "Enough Already" and the description says "Heather doesn't know why, just stop asking!" LOL

Also didn't know that toddlers can talk to themselves in a mirror....and boy do they really get into that conversation, it's quite a long one, haha.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    DeKay wrote: »
    That's a good question. I think maybe some of them are career rewards? Cuz I always play the same household and I don't rotate. So there's no way my sims could have stolen books from the library - I don't bring them there either.

Well... my cousin and her husband had one of their first dates at the library, and he read quite a few books there, so I think I have reason to believe he's a thief... :|
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    I didn't know that you can ASK TO MENTOR from other sims not in you household in certain skills (like Painting, Guitar). But I noticed that it means that sims who you are asking has already got that skill to 10, so you can ask them to mentor you while you are gaining that certain skill.
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    edited March 2017
    I didn't know that sims who have completed the bodybuilder aspiration and got the long lived trait live around 300 days more... :open_mouth: (if played on long) It's visible through MC Command Center. So... my elder sim who's been an elder for several weeks is only at half of his actual life...
    The traits Active and Loves outdoors seem to increase the life span as well. As another of my elder sims who both have those traits live for 500 days more.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    I didn't know that sims who have completed the bodybuilder aspiration and got the long lived trait live around 300 days more... :open_mouth: (if played on long) It's visible through MC Command Center. So... my elder sim who's been an elder for several weeks is only at half of his actual life...
    The traits Active and Loves outdoors seem to increase the life span as well. As another of my elder sims who both have those traits live for 500 days more.

I actually killed one of my sims when he lived 9 days past the end of his life. I may end up doing it again to my current sim as he's Long-Lived. But I'm waiting until he reaches the end of the elder stage. He, his twin brother, and their wives, become elders in six days.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Wonder of wonders, my welcome wagon fellow came with the cake of ill reputation AND waltzed to the fridge and put it in, without a "by your leave" and bold as brass. Hmph! :smile:
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I love that story, @Simberella777 . :smiley:
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I'm pretty sure the changing emotions of the giant overstuffed animals has been mentioned here before and the varying interaction options child sims have with them depending on the animal's mood and their relationship, but I just noticed something I never noticed before and thought I'd share it since it made me smile. :smile:

I already knew that if the stuffed animal's eyes are closed, they're either sleeping or sad since the children have the option to cheer it up, but I just noticed that the Uni in the little girl's room looks like it's smiling (with its eyes) and she now has the option to "joke about rainbows" with it since I assume it's happy. Funny, since both her and her brother were taking turns yelling at it earlier that day, but that's not the point. :joy: I find that interaction really cute and I've never seen it before!
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I was surprised to find out that Geek Sims like vampires too! My Sim Sam rolled the whim to ask to be turned into a vampire and he's a Geek. I tested if this was true by switching one of each main Sims' traits for Geek. Turns out, it's true! They rolled whims to research vampires on the computer and they enthused about vampires and praised their lifestyle more often than not.
  • Options
    PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    After a sim catches and survives being on fire, any witnesses get an "ask what happened" action.

Yes my sim caught on fire and that's how I discovered that lol.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2017
    If your good Sim talks about world peace to an evil one, the evil Sim becomes very angry.
    Good Sims on the other hand start cheering.
    While all others simply agree, but not as much as the good ones.

If you wake up a lazy Sim (with the "wake up" interaction) they get angry with a moodlet "NEVER wake up a lazy Sim!".

Jealous Sims even get sad from their own parents being romantic together, for example when kissing or flirting.

Useful tips about parties:

- Hiring a maid after a big party can be useful to remove all the dishes from the tables and the ground. The maid will actually do something then. And maybe stay for a bit of smalltalk too.

- Make all the food and maybe a few drinks ready before the party, then store everything in the fridge. This way you won't need a catering service.

- If you think that the barkeepers never actually arrive, then you're (kind of) wrong! Just hire them seperately from the party, by clicking on the bar. Doing this right before starting the party will ensure that they do get to your house.
  • Options
    I didn't know that those "forbidden words" that this forum censors to "plum" seem to be a thing in the game itself as well. Today I removed the Stargazer Lounge of San Myshuno because I want to build a penthouse there, but saved it to my gallery anyway so I still have it just in case, and when I tried to do that, I got this message:

forbiddenword5nura.jpg

"Warning: The lot name or the description contains a forbidden word. You won't be able to upload this lot to the gallery. Continue anyway?"

What can I say... sorry, EA/Maxis, but you are the ones who wrote that description, not me. :D Just out of curiosity, I started deleting individual words to see which one was the culprit, and it wasn't "decadent" as I first assumed, but "ganz", which in this context means "all of". I looked it up in a dictionary to find out if it means something inappropriate in English maybe, but it doesn't, and this forum doesn't censor it either, so I have no idea what the fuss is about, but it's still funny.
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Ahh "ganz." It has a slang meaning in English that leaves me unsurprised it hits Maxis's filter.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Really? Ganz? If they are using Urban Dictionary, EVERY word has some warped alternate meaning. The first thing I thought of was the toy manufacturer, Ganz.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    starcrunch wrote: »
    Ahh "ganz." It has a slang meaning in English that leaves me unsurprised it hits Maxis's filter.

It is? I did not know that... I googled it and nothing inappropriate showed until I pulled up the urban dictionary. Who thinks up these words?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top