Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a negative atmosphere on this forum?

Comments

• Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited March 2017
    SSDSSDSSD2 wrote: »
    Do you have any more of a right or a reason to be here than I do? I don't get it. I have done NOTHING to you, or anyone else. I don't even know who you are. None of us knows who the other is. But Im going to move on from this , happy simming, sir.
    No, and that's the thing, EA decides the rules they want for this site, and you unintentionally broke them, (they forgave you, but they don't have to). Nobody has a right to post here, but rather a privilege, you accepted that when you checked the terms and services box to be a member, that you can be banned at any moment. You could ignore everyone, but you should ackwolegde that you were technically trolling for posting this in General Discussion, (The EA team had every right to move the topic). Also just to make one thing clear: I'm not some EA fanboy, for a very long time I haven't bought one of their products since they are using the whole system with too much on one side, and way too many missed opportunities.

I don't know that they unintentionally broke the rules. This isn't the first bait thread that has been started. The baiting started in tech section and that got moved to off topic. When one has a new account and habitually starts bait threads that are off topic in wrong sections of the forum one needs to question whether an account is actually a legitimate one. Especially when they blame others for attacking them when they started the attack and bait in the first place. I hope EA reads this thread and investigates the habitual baiting thread issue.

This is the only thread that could in any way be seen as even being negative at all.And its just a question .Your behavior should be investigated. You have been specifically targeting me for a while now. You have been on my tail because I wouldnt agree with you about a computer.I did ask for a suggestion, but it was not within my budget .So I had the nerve to disagree with you and ever since you have been telling people I am a troll or that I dont belong here and I should be investigated. That is ridiculous. [/b] Leave me alone, please.

You didnt have a problem before then, but you have been non stop harassing me ever since.
    Post edited by BrownGamerGurl1 on
  • Options
    After this I am done. This topic is being used to pile on me, all because I posted something off topic in the wrong section by accident but here is my actual posting history. I dont use this site to bully or harass anyone.

(not in order)

- What type of sims do you like to create?
    - Do you get attached to your sim families?
    -What are your favorite objects?
    -Have you thrown any cool parties?
    -Do you mainly play with premades?
    -Do your sims look as good in game as in CAS?
    -What is the prettiest CC skin?
    -What do you love about sims 4 graphics?

+ I have a couple where I show houses I built.

and I am being targeted over these one or two non harmful threads
    -playing sims 4 on an afforable laptop
    -is there a negative atmosphere here?

That is my complete history on this forum and somehow, that means I shouldnt be here? I don't think so.

• Options
    SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    After this I am done. This topic is being used to pile on me, all because I posted something off topic in the wrong section by accident but here is my actual posting history. I dont use this site to bully or harass anyone.

(not in order)

- What type of sims do you like to create?
    - Do you get attached to your sim families?
    -What are your favorite objects?
    -Have you thrown any cool parties?
    -Do you mainly play with premades?
    -Do your sims look as good in game as in CAS?
    -What is the prettiest CC skin?
    -What do you love about sims 4 graphics?

+ I have a couple where I show houses I built.

and I am being targeted over these one or two non harmful threads
    -playing sims 4 on an afforable laptop
    -is there a negative atmosphere here?

That is my complete history on this forum and somehow, that means I shouldnt be here? I don't think so.
    Nobody is saying that you might not be a good kid, maybe you are a good kid or not, (I really don't want to assume stuff), but having topics made in the wrong section is not an argument worth arguing over. Also don't be using a victim complex, just admit it was an unintentional mistake that a thread was opened in the wrong section, and EA fixed it. Now genuinely I did enjoy your first few topics; however, this topic it's been you spreading the negative energy, not others. (Just click the block/ignore button, but don't spend too much time on this,)
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2017
    I have not conversed with you in this thread at all but if you want to go there..............Funny how I remember in your first postings ( checking posting history) we who help in tech tried to help you when you asked for a new computer in Gen Discussions section.That post was placed in the wrong section and did belong in tech. You then came into tech started a new thread gloating about your new computer which belonged in off topic section. It was not tech help you were requesting or was it tech advice to help others. It was as if you were baiting us. You were throwing temper tantrums in tech just as you are here.

If you were truly enjoying your new computer , you would be doing just that. Not starting bait threads and throwing temper tantrums on people that don't agree with you. Then putting them on your ignore list as if it was your cure all to anyone who does not agree with you. Pretty soon you will have the whole forum on your ignore list and visa versa the way you treat people. I got news for you , you were already on the ignore list for those of us who help in tech after the way you were acting.

Yes I hope EA investigates your posting history. Posting here is a privilege like others have stated. We who help in tech volunteer our time every day. We don't work for EA. We are not obligated to help anyone. We do so of our own free will. Consider the tech help here a privilege. Once you abuse that privilege expect to be ignored

PS to stay on topic you starting these kind of bait of threads is creating your own negative atmosphere in the forum

I did post the forum rules. You should read them.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I have not conversed with you in this thread at all but if you want to go there..............Funny how I remember in your first postings ( checking posting history) we who help in tech tried to help you when you asked for a new computer in Gen Discussions section.That post was placed in the wrong section and did belong in tech. You then came into tech started a new thread gloating about your new computer which belonged in off topic section. It was not tech help you were requesting or was it tech advice to help others. It was as if you were baiting us. You were throwing temper tantrums in tech just as you are here.

If you were truly enjoying your new computer , you would be doing just that. Not starting bait threads and throwing temper tantrums on people that don't agree with you. Then putting them on your ignore list as if it was your cure all to anyone who does not agree with you. Pretty soon you will have the whole forum on your ignore list and visa versa the way you treat people. I got news for you , you were already on the ignore list for those of us who help in tech after the way you were acting.

Yes I hope EA investigates your posting history. Posting here is a privilege like others have stated. We who help in tech volunteer our time every day. We don't work for EA. We are not obligated to help anyone. We do so of our own free will. Consider the tech help here a privilege. Once you abuse that privilege expect to be ignored

I did post the forum rules. You should read them.

Your behavior is nothing more than harassment. If maxis wants to investigate me over your ridiculous claims, that is fine. Im sure I will be okay, seeing how most of my posts are game related and suited for the forum. You know, you point the finger at me but you are the one who does not like people who disagree with you, ma'am, or sir. Because you have been after me ever since you claim I disrespected you.

I am truly enjoying my game and my computer, which is why I come here and talk about the game with other people . I have no reason to come here and discuss a game I do not have fun playing . Neither am I paid for doing so.

I dont need the forum rules, you need to check your ego and attitude. You have me on ignore. So why dont you just kindly ignore me? Seems like that should be enough for you.

& I already shared my post history, its up there and public for everyone to see. Theres nothing to be scared of.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    @phoebebebe13

I am sorry , if I offended you before somehow and I really hope that everyone can move on.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    You know what would help to significantly reduce this "negative condition", @Uzone27 ? Stop making threads like this one here, which won't do anything but heighten negativity on the forums, and in the end, always, always, always lead back to the same old ridiculous "who's worse, TS4 or TS3 players???" discussion. One way to stop negative thoughts from taking hold time and time again, might be to stop hyperfocusing on negativity altogether. I mean, seriously, what's the point of this thread? Where did the OP think it was gonna go? And whenever she doesn't like someone else's opinion, she goes back to her "the forum is full of cliques" argument, and tbh, she seems a little paranoid about this. Are there very negative people on this forum? Of course there are. They exist everywhere, they speak on any forum, in any bar, in any restaurant. Here's a flash: you can continue enjoying your drink/meal with like-minded people and not give a f* about the fact that some are negative, or you can stand up on a chair and scream around the room how 'some people are so negative and mean' and see what happens. Focus on the negative, create more negative. Let it go & enjoy your life? Better results.

You may have a point about the thread it'self...but it exists so I'm commenting on it.
    I disagree with the last part of your statement.

There seems to be a perception that when it comes to criticsizing the game that anything goes.
    That any criticism fair or unfair should be accepted without rebuttal.
    That's not what forums are about.
    If you are going to level an unfair criticism or just generally be a pain you will be called on it.

Yes, I agree with the part that criticisms should be fair and I'm not saying you can't comment on it. I do too. I also never think your comments are somehow out of line, so I really wasn't trying to single you out.

But this approach here simply won't help. And unfair criticisms against a game, although not nice, aren't the end of the world either. Still, I don't think the majority of criticisms are unfair. Do I sometimes feel a little annoyed by all the "wow TS4 is the worst ever" comments / threads? Yeah, I do. Do I think some people unnecessarily go into threads just to kinda "dump" on the game? Yeah I do. Are there threads where people have blown the OP's statements completely out of proportion and vilify them for having different opinions, stating ridiculous things like "you just don't know the games like I do" by which they want to invalidate their thoughts? Yes. Is this fair? No. Is it necessary? Absolutely not.

But, as good as I think it is that in those very instances, someone tries to point out that this simply isn't nice or useful, and that we should respect opinions that have been respectfully delivered to us, that's still very different from these types of threads. And I will continue to maintain that, sometimes, what people perceive as rude, negative and offensive, quite simply isn't. The OP felt attacked too by people trying to make sure that other simmers without any kind of tech knowledge looking to buy a new computer, wouldn't just follow their instincts instead of following sound advise. That wasn't an attack, that was a common sense response. And if there's one thing more tiring than people being rude and negative, it's people being so hypersensitive to 'rudeness' they start perceiving attacks where none have ever existed to begin with.

I agree with all of that.
    I'm not trying to change the world here. In fact my personal motive for being so outspoken about this is a I have had several run in's with people who have done exactly as you describe and nearly all of them share one thing in common. They are all TS3 fans.
    This is particulary irksome because I actually don't recall seeing any of them around when I was out here defending TS3 against the angry hordes of Ts2 fans that hated the entire concept.

At the end of the day I'm not so much concerned with the trifling back and forth remarks. That happens on all forums and I don't delude myself into thinking some random guy on an internet forum is going to magically change attitudes or make the irrational...rational.

I'm simply pointing out that I'm not buying for a nanosecond that TS3 fans are the innocent victims of TS4 fans bullying them into liking the game. Rather the reverse.

Yeah, tbh, I feel the attacks come fairly equally from both sides, but I think I've just given up making that point as neither side will ever feel that's true, so I'd rather have them deal with that on their own :D

Ostensibly this is the day to day reality, but make no mistake..it does have a root cause
    I will hammer that point home because that's the skirt the bullies always hide behind..."they do it just as much"
    No there would be no issue if people weren't constantly being belittled for liking a game.
    That's the reality.

That's far from reality. The issue comes from people like you saying there are "sides' and clearly placing the blame on one. Constantly belittled? Where? When? I very rarely see this, if at all. Because let's be honest, I'm pretty sure most people don't care what you like or not.

I just got back here in September, before that the last time I posted here I think was 2012.
    I certainly had nothing to do with creating sides, nor do I have any interest in perpetuating them.
    It's 2017 anyone who's spent the better part of two years bashing a video game?
    psstt..(I think they've chosen a side)

I don't know how much of what I've said here you actually read but I did state earlier that my only interest in this topic is that I have experienced it personally on numerous occasions from a group of people I would have least expected it from.
    They are pretty adept at forcing their opinions on you, and flipping the script the moment they get any push back.

Simply by declaring that I do like TS4 a side was chosen for me, and I think it stinks.

I might take issue personally with you throwing shade at some like me who spent 'the better part of two years bashing the a video game'. But I'm not going to take that personally, because clearly I have no life, tied to my house and the couch 95% of the time and once toddlers were added and a few other issues I had with the game cleared up I announced the 'war is over' as far as I am concerned.

Toddlers and how it was handled from day one, EA's attitude toward their 'customers' and a few other things were a major contention for me. But once they delivered toddlers and some gurus stopped putting down or blaming their own fan/customer base, I saw no reason to continue the comments it would either move the ball or not, it finally did, so the only complaints I have now is the lag, horrible lag, and gurus know why the game is lagging, so I hope they fix all that.

I finally got what I wanted, Restaurants, Toddlers and Vampires, and some consequences for choices made which make the game a little more like the older games and not so rainbow/unicorn as it was when first released. So, that's why (among other health reasons) I'm no longer interested in debating what is or isn't wrong with this game other than harping about lag when it frustrates me.

So, I would say my time wasn't wasted since I couldn't go anywhere anyway, and hopefully something I might have said in the past two years, tho negative might have helped gurus see not all of us want happyville and with vampires they brought a little bit of a darker side in a whimsical way back to the game. I hope they don't go nerfing that, due to complaints about townie vampires burning up in sun.... >:) because then I would have to come back and complain. :) No matter how negative I have been I hope they gleaned some insight into what frustrates players like me and it seems they knew people wanted toddlers, restaurants, and vampires, and a darker little more fun on the consequence side than they first intended with TS4. Glad to know some devs are deviant players, too. I hope they remember us in every EP, or GP.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited March 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    You know what would help to significantly reduce this "negative condition", @Uzone27 ? Stop making threads like this one here, which won't do anything but heighten negativity on the forums, and in the end, always, always, always lead back to the same old ridiculous "who's worse, TS4 or TS3 players???" discussion. One way to stop negative thoughts from taking hold time and time again, might be to stop hyperfocusing on negativity altogether. I mean, seriously, what's the point of this thread? Where did the OP think it was gonna go? And whenever she doesn't like someone else's opinion, she goes back to her "the forum is full of cliques" argument, and tbh, she seems a little paranoid about this. Are there very negative people on this forum? Of course there are. They exist everywhere, they speak on any forum, in any bar, in any restaurant. Here's a flash: you can continue enjoying your drink/meal with like-minded people and not give a f* about the fact that some are negative, or you can stand up on a chair and scream around the room how 'some people are so negative and mean' and see what happens. Focus on the negative, create more negative. Let it go & enjoy your life? Better results.

You may have a point about the thread it'self...but it exists so I'm commenting on it.
    I disagree with the last part of your statement.

There seems to be a perception that when it comes to criticsizing the game that anything goes.
    That any criticism fair or unfair should be accepted without rebuttal.
    That's not what forums are about.
    If you are going to level an unfair criticism or just generally be a pain you will be called on it.

Yes, I agree with the part that criticisms should be fair and I'm not saying you can't comment on it. I do too. I also never think your comments are somehow out of line, so I really wasn't trying to single you out.

But this approach here simply won't help. And unfair criticisms against a game, although not nice, aren't the end of the world either. Still, I don't think the majority of criticisms are unfair. Do I sometimes feel a little annoyed by all the "wow TS4 is the worst ever" comments / threads? Yeah, I do. Do I think some people unnecessarily go into threads just to kinda "dump" on the game? Yeah I do. Are there threads where people have blown the OP's statements completely out of proportion and vilify them for having different opinions, stating ridiculous things like "you just don't know the games like I do" by which they want to invalidate their thoughts? Yes. Is this fair? No. Is it necessary? Absolutely not.

But, as good as I think it is that in those very instances, someone tries to point out that this simply isn't nice or useful, and that we should respect opinions that have been respectfully delivered to us, that's still very different from these types of threads. And I will continue to maintain that, sometimes, what people perceive as rude, negative and offensive, quite simply isn't. The OP felt attacked too by people trying to make sure that other simmers without any kind of tech knowledge looking to buy a new computer, wouldn't just follow their instincts instead of following sound advise. That wasn't an attack, that was a common sense response. And if there's one thing more tiring than people being rude and negative, it's people being so hypersensitive to 'rudeness' they start perceiving attacks where none have ever existed to begin with.

I agree with all of that.
    I'm not trying to change the world here. In fact my personal motive for being so outspoken about this is a I have had several run in's with people who have done exactly as you describe and nearly all of them share one thing in common. They are all TS3 fans.
    This is particulary irksome because I actually don't recall seeing any of them around when I was out here defending TS3 against the angry hordes of Ts2 fans that hated the entire concept.

At the end of the day I'm not so much concerned with the trifling back and forth remarks. That happens on all forums and I don't delude myself into thinking some random guy on an internet forum is going to magically change attitudes or make the irrational...rational.

I'm simply pointing out that I'm not buying for a nanosecond that TS3 fans are the innocent victims of TS4 fans bullying them into liking the game. Rather the reverse.

Yeah, tbh, I feel the attacks come fairly equally from both sides, but I think I've just given up making that point as neither side will ever feel that's true, so I'd rather have them deal with that on their own :D

Ostensibly this is the day to day reality, but make no mistake..it does have a root cause
    I will hammer that point home because that's the skirt the bullies always hide behind..."they do it just as much"
    No there would be no issue if people weren't constantly being belittled for liking a game.
    That's the reality.

That's far from reality. The issue comes from people like you saying there are "sides' and clearly placing the blame on one. Constantly belittled? Where? When? I very rarely see this, if at all. Because let's be honest, I'm pretty sure most people don't care what you like or not.

I just got back here in September, before that the last time I posted here I think was 2012.
    I certainly had nothing to do with creating sides, nor do I have any interest in perpetuating them.
    It's 2017 anyone who's spent the better part of two years bashing a video game?
    psstt..(I think they've chosen a side)

I don't know how much of what I've said here you actually read but I did state earlier that my only interest in this topic is that I have experienced it personally on numerous occasions from a group of people I would have least expected it from.
    They are pretty adept at forcing their opinions on you, and flipping the script the moment they get any push back.

Simply by declaring that I do like TS4 a side was chosen for me, and I think it stinks.

I might take issue personally with you throwing shade at some like me who spent 'the better part of two years bashing the a video game'. But I'm not going to take that personally, because clearly I have no life, tied to my house and the couch 95% of the time and once toddlers were added and a few other issues I had with the game cleared up I announced the 'war is over' as far as I am concerned.

Toddlers and how it was handled from day one, EA's attitude toward their 'customers' and a few other things were a major contention for me. But once they delivered toddlers and some gurus stopped putting down or blaming their own fan/customer base, I saw no reason to continue the comments it would either move the ball or not, it finally did, so the only complaints I have now is the lag, horrible lag, and gurus know why the game is lagging, so I hope they fix all that.

I finally got what I wanted, Restaurants, Toddlers and Vampires, and some consequences for choices made which make the game a little more like the older games and not so rainbow/unicorn as it was when first released. So, that's why (among other health reasons) I'm no longer interested in debating what is or isn't wrong with this game other than harping about lag when it frustrates me.

So, I would say my time wasn't wasted since I couldn't go anywhere anyway, and hopefully something I might have said in the past two years, tho negative might have helped gurus see not all of us want happyville and with vampires they brought a little bit of a darker side in a whimsical way back to the game. I hope they don't go nerfing that, due to complaints about townie vampires burning up in sun.... >:) because then I would have to come back and complain. :) No matter how negative I have been I hope they gleaned some insight into what frustrates players like me and it seems they knew people wanted toddlers, restaurants, and vampires, and a darker little more fun on the consequence side than they first intended with TS4. Glad to know some devs are deviant players, too. I hope they remember us in every EP, or GP.

Sorry to hear you were laid up all that time hope things are going better for you now.
    I was really done with this a few pages back but I think people deserve a response especially if they think I'm being unfair.

I really have said all there is to say on the topic.
    So for the last time I will recap
    There is a difference between negative criticsim and negative attitudes.
    It's the people incapable of understanding the difference that are the cause of the friction.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited March 2017
    Arguing about this thread, and more importantly, the OP of it, is little more than harrassment at this point. The mods have moved it from GD to here, so they've obviously seen it. They didn't close it, nor give any (public) warnings. And guess what? I'm pretty sure going off-topic and attempting to derail the thread is also against the rules you so desperately try to hide behind.

Funny how that gets ignored to try and shove your agenda around though, yes? :|
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Arguing about this thread, and more importantly, the OP of it, is little more than harrassment at this point. The mods have moved it from GD to here, so they've obviously seen it. They didn't close it, nor give any (public) warnings. And guess what? I'm pretty sure going off-topic and attempting to derail the thread is also against the rules you so desperately try to hide behind.

smh..all i can say is , wow. agree .

and done with this conversation.
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,118 Member
    Agreed..simmers just can't get enough. :|
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    This thread has made an interesting read. Where is it going though?

So to answer the OPs question again (If I answered before) then yes, the forums are negative as seen in thrads like this :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I think in general the Forums are neutral both good and bad posts show up , but that is to be expected from time to time, I think that the Sims 4 is finally coming around, and we are finally getting the stuff we want for our games slowly but surely , the Sims 4 still needs more and to have the Bug fixes added in, but other then that I think the Forums are interesting to read, that is My thought on it anyhow, :)
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13

I am sorry , if I offended you before somehow and I really hope that everyone can move on.

Apology accepted.

Just a heads up. When people get new accounts in here and keep posting things that are in the wrong place or posting things that could start a debate in a bad way, many posters in here ( including EA staff) will get a red flag of possible trolling and fake accounts. I am usually in tech and not in these other sections often. We get trolled in tech a lot. There are people who get several accounts in here just to troll. I have seen people trolling Gen Discussions section too.

If you want to keep a positive atmosphere, post things that are positive. Ignore the negative. Post your threads in appropriate section. Tech is specifically for tech help. Your hardware is breaking down, the game is having issues etc. No one in tech was telling you not to enjoy your computer but that discussion belonged in off topic section where EA staff moved it. You got on the defense with us about it. We originally told you not to buy a cheaper laptop and it was not because we were trying to get you to spend more money. We volunteer our time to help. We don't make money or commission when we give you computer advice. Laptops can not be upgraded. If the laptop is below recommended requirements it won't survive the game. It may play fine for now but in the end you will have problems. The worst part about tech is when someone comes in with hardware problems, we read their computer hardware and it does not meet requirements. We then have to tell someone they have no choice but to buy a new computer. I had one the other day. This person claimed to be a child. They had two computers that could no longer run the game. Lucky for them their parents were willing to buy them a new computer that met requirements and they can now play again. Not everyone has parents or the money to constantly replace computers to game. Unfortunately this may happen to you in the end as the game adds more and more. This is the reason why we advised you to get a computer that meets the recommended requirements so you don't have these issues in the future. The last thing we want to do is tell people they need to buy a new computer.
  • Options
    @phoebebebe13 Sorry that trolling is going on in the Tech area.mi do not play TS4 so I don't need to visit that area but I think that it is a shame that some players are going into that area for a joke when some players might actually need help with things :(

We do not get much trolling in the TS3 GD fortunately but I do remember one troll coming into threads once calling everyone's Sims plain and ugly. We just ignored them and they where soon banned
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

EA Staff moves threads all the time but they may not read the thread unless a mod gets called in. I was stalked in tech for two months by a troll who had at least two accounts before the situation was taken care of. It was reported over and over. I have other friends in tech who have been stalked in here too. I'm an adult. What if a child was being staked in here and they had to wait two months for something to be done?

I have seen some very hateful (hate crimes) comments posted in here , reported and they are still visible to public when they should have been closed and hidden. People who are posting these hate crimes still have their accounts and are still posting.

Like I mentioned to OP in above post. When people get new accounts in here and keep posting things that are in the wrong place or posting things that could start a debate in a bad way, many posters in here ( including EA staff) will get a red flag of possible trolling and fake accounts. I am usually in tech and not in these other sections often. We get trolled in tech a lot. There are people who get several accounts in here just to troll. I have seen people trolling Gen Discussions section too. I can tell you there are still several troll accounts trolling these forums on a constant basis. This has been going on since the forum started and nothing has been done to stop people from having several accounts in here.

• Options
    @phoebebebe13 Sorry that trolling is going on in the Tech area.mi do not play TS4 so I don't need to visit that area but I think that it is a shame that some players are going into that area for a joke when some players might actually need help with things :(

We do not get much trolling in the TS3 GD fortunately but I do remember one troll coming into threads once calling everyone's Sims plain and ugly. We just ignored them and they where soon banned

TS3 Gen Discussions section is the most civil place in this forum. Once Im done moving and doing taxes I will be back there playing my game again hopefully being troll free :p Trolls don't usually hit that section. We know gen discussions for TS4 is a nightmare of trolling. I stay away from there as much as possible. Tech for 3 and 4 is another story. My stalker was in 3 tech but it's possible this person is now in 4. I am seeing similar posting patterns in 4 with new accounts. They keep coming in tech asking for a new computer. Leave the forum and come back over and over asking for a new computer. Their whole posting history is asking for new computers. If the poster give me a red flag I just put on ignore and remind myself not to help them. I just wish EA would do something about people getting several accounts in here. It would eliminate a lot of the problems and the " negative atmosphere" in general.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

TS3 Gen Discussions section is the most civil place in this forum. Once Im done moving and doing taxes I will be back there playing my game again hopefully being troll free :p Trolls don't usually hit that section. We know gen discussions for TS4 is a nightmare of trolling. I stay away from there as much as possible. Tech for 3 and 4 is another story. My stalker was in 3 tech but it's possible this person is now in 4. I am seeing similar posting patterns in 4 with new accounts. They keep coming in tech asking for a new computer. Leave the forum and come back over and over asking for a new computer. Their whole posting history is asking for new computers. If the poster give me a red flag I just put on ignore and remind myself not to help them. I just wish EA would do something about people getting several accounts in here. It would eliminate a lot of the problems and the " negative atmosphere" in general.

I just saw you post in the 'What happened in your game today?' thread, the busiest thread on the forums :smile: will be nice for you to join in share pictures but it is a buy thread that moves fast! :smiley:

I have had stalkers before as well, they followed me over to Youtube and would dislike my videos. I would work out that these videos would be 'shared' in an 'unknown' area, maybe a private message somewhere and would be watched for one second only and always get a dislike. I could work out what countries these came from and aside from one being from the USA, the other three came from some 'smaller' countries with less active Simmers. Needless to say I knew exactly who three of them where and I blocked them on Youtube and put them on ignore on here. I was also stalked across other Sims forums and at one point I had 'secrets' posted about me and my Sims on the notorious 'Sim Secret' and constant abuse from a couple of anonymous accounts and I then did some research and managed to trace the culprits. After confronting one of them, the abuse stopped instantly it has been a while since I have seen any signs of them returning.

So yes, these forums do have a dark side but it gets darker once you are away from the forums and where there is more 'freedom' to be anonymous :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

I just saw you post in the 'What happened in your game today?' thread, the busiest thread on the forums :smile: will be nice for you to join in share pictures but it is a buy thread that moves fast! :smiley:

I have had stalkers before as well, they followed me over to Youtube and would dislike my videos. I would work out that these videos would be 'shared' in an 'unknown' area, maybe a private message somewhere and would be watched for one second only and always get a dislike. I could work out what countries these came from and aside from one being from the USA, the other three came from some 'smaller' countries with less active Simmers. Needless to say I knew exactly who three of them where and I blocked them on Youtube and put them on ignore on here. I was also stalked across other Sims forums and at one point I had 'secrets' posted about me and my Sims on the notorious 'Sim Secret' and constant abuse from a couple of anonymous accounts and I then did some research and managed to trace the culprits. After confronting one of them, the abuse stopped instantly it has been a while since I have seen any signs of them returning.

So yes, these forums do have a dark side but it gets darker once you are away from the forums and where there is more 'freedom' to be anonymous :no_mouth:

I love craven's videos. He always cheers me up :) It will be nice when I can go back to my game and abuse the King :p

I'm sorry you got stalked here and on youtube. None of this should be happening. I have not been in the old TS3 forum since around 2010. I do remember how well those boards were monitored. If you went slightly off topic the threads was gone.If the thread would just turn into talking about food it was gone. It was actually overboard. Why I think they put an off topic section here to eliminate removing so many threads, many that were unwarranted.

These boards here no doubt need more mods. Serious issues in here are going unchecked. Purpose troll baiting threads started to cause controversy for people to get into heated arguments. Stalking, hate crimes etc. Some of us who are here a lot more than EA staff see what goes on. If they set this forum up like the old TS3 forum where you had to own the game to post would eliminate people getting more than one account in here to tag team people. I would say the trolling is at least 1/2 (or more) of the cause of the negative atmosphere in this forum. The other issue is those who will argue with each other for liking or disliking one game or another. Whatever game you enjoy go play it and don't let anyone discourage you or get to you from playing that game. As far as the Feedback section, people have a right to leave both negative or positive constructed criticism for EA without having the so called other side attack people. I stopped giving feedback on the game a long time ago for being attacked.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I said earlier I had nothing more to say on this topic but I got to thinking about it, and asked myself...why does it matter to me? Why get involved with these people?

I really had to stop and think about it becasue I really couldn't answer the question honestly at first.
    After giving a bit of thought, I came to the conclusion that I keep coming back here looking for the "vibe" we had on these forums back in the old days.

Back before there was any talk of sequels or comparisons between games or securom or any of that...there was a time (I want to say all the way up to the point that TS3 was announced) that I really loved this community.
    We had a blast out here, exchanging pictures telling stories, playing games, the Maxoids hung out with us and regualarly and hosted open chats...It was just an all round fun place to be. I dunno, maybe the crowd was a bit older back then, less self involved, more mature..

I look around now and I see everyone holed up in little bunkers coming out now and then to take a snipe at one another and it breaks my heart. Look I'm human, I've been guilty from time to time in the past of succumbing to it but trust me when I say every time I do I kick myself for it because I know I'm better than that.

Times change, but I guess I keep coming back with the deluded expectation that this community could somehow be what it once was.
    Don't get me wrong there are still a lot of terrific people out here..and this place is still a lot better than many other internet communities but it's kinda like going back to the old house you lived in for many years and seeing someone else living in it. It kinda looks the same...but it can never be the same.

Life goes on I guess.
  • Options
    @Uzone27 The sims 3 GD section in here is very peaceful and one of the safest places to post. More of an older crowd too. You might feel more at home there if you still play 3. Pics and game play still being posted. That section does not get trolled much at all. For the sims 4 this is the one thread that is happy and been around a long time. You won't find debates or trolling in this thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/788517/favorite-screenshot/p1

As I mentioned above the old sims 3 forum was monitored more. People had to own the game to post. It was a lot safer than this forum.
  • Options
    CourtLuvesSimsCourtLuvesSims Posts: 54 Member
    I usually come here for updates or to see how others are playing the game for tips to make mine more interesting. When I'm perusing the site, I do see a lot of unnecessarily curt responses, but I just assume those people are really young. Sometimes I get a good laugh at how emotionally attached some portray to be. It's a video game.
  • Options
    I usually come here for updates or to see how others are playing the game for tips to make mine more interesting. When I'm perusing the site, I do see a lot of unnecessarily curt responses, but I just assume those people are really young. Sometimes I get a good laugh at how emotionally attached some portray to be. It's a video game.

That's a great way to look at it when your just popping in to get info for game play :) . Unfortunately when we who help in tech are here every day and have to deal with a young child throwing a temper tantrum, the behavior does not sit well with us adults. It happens in other sections too. If those children can get that emotional over a game to the point of starting fights or throwing temper tantrums their parents should be monitoring them on the web if they are not mature enough to be on the web.
  • Options
    @Uzone27 The sims 3 GD section in here is very peaceful and one of the safest places to post. More of an older crowd too. You might feel more at home there if you still play 3. Pics and game play still being posted. That section does not get trolled much at all. For the sims 4 this is the one thread that is happy and been around a long time. You won't find debates or trolling in this thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/788517/favorite-screenshot/p1

As I mentioned above the old sims 3 forum was monitored more. People had to own the game to post. It was a lot safer than this forum.

I'm sure life is peachy there as long as you share their attitude and point of view.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I'm sure life is peachy there as long as you share their attitude and point of view.

I have to disagree. They don't care if people post their stores and pics on the sims 4 in the sims 3 picture threads. Some people in that section play both games. Some are still even playing TS2. If anyone attempts to start fights there they get run off. It's happened a few times however it rarely happens. That section does not like TS3 vs TS4 treads. I know the TS4 section is sick of those threads too
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top