Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calling the Phandom

Comments

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    So far, they've been much better with him as a toddler than as a baby. I legit thought he was going to get taken away in this vid before they aged him up. But then again, he was a toddler for less than 24 Sim hours before they paused the game again. They played for less than 2 Sim days.

Seriously though, they're great dads to Dab (now!) Swooning over here!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    KandyKandy Posts: 2,008 Member
    Oh my god okay so maybe it's just me but I love the hair??? Like it feels like it really fits dab-he'd be the type of kid to have long, wild hair

But honestly dab is so cute and I just?? Ahh?? I can't wait to see more of him omggg. Like I'm normally not this invested in other people's sims but holy jesus I love the howlters so much rn

(though maybe it was just me, but Phil didn't seem like super into the game? Idk he seemed a bit bored w/ it...? Maybe that's just me and my deleriousness though XD it's almost ten and I studied for like 4 hours and I'm ready to pass out so maybe I'm seeing things)
  • Options
    I love Dab's hair! It's so cute and I definitely feel it fits him best.

Ok, so I rewatched and paid closer attention to Phil, and you're right, he did seem to be a bit of a grumpy bear in this video. He did cheer up a bit after they aged Dab up though. I think he was just having an off day though, because in the live stream he did after, he seemed really excited. We all have off days, even sweet starfish Phil. Besides, he was probably worrying about his own pregnant wife and their unborn baby lmao :D
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    I love Dab's hair! It's so cute and I definitely feel it fits him best.

Ok, so I rewatched and paid closer attention to Phil, and you're right, he did seem to be a bit of a grumpy bear in this video. He did cheer up a bit after they aged Dab up though. I think he was just having an off day though, because in the live stream he did after, he seemed really excited. We all have off days, even sweet starfish Phil. Besides, he was probably worrying about his own pregnant wife and their unborn baby lmao :D

Omg definitely

And yeah he was just probably having an off day ^-^ we all do, sometimes

And omg I'm gonna have to watch the live stream cause I had no idea abt the wife thing. Is he like playing another household or?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Haha, oh no, I was making a joke. There's this post going around, someone reached out to someone saying they're spilling the tea on Dan and Phil. I only saw one and apparently there's two, but the person is claiming to be a former member of their "team" and they were making up stuff like they don't actually live together anymore because Phil owns a house with his wife, who is currently pregnant and Dan has had lots of partners and they're not really nerds anymore, it's just a façade they maintain to stay popular with their viewers. It's quite funny. I saw them on ig, but I'll look around and see if I can find them somewhere that I can post them here.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Haha, oh no, I was making a joke. There's this post going around, someone reached out to someone saying they're spilling the tea on Dan and Phil. I only saw one and apparently there's two, but the person is claiming to be a former member of their "team" and they were making up stuff like they don't actually live together anymore because Phil owns a house with his wife, who is currently pregnant and Dan has had lots of partners and they're not really nerds anymore, it's just a façade they maintain to stay popular with their viewers. It's quite funny. I saw them on ig, but I'll look around and see if I can find them somewhere that I can post them here.

Hahahaha oh my god that's hilarious. I'm not super active in the phandom anymore so I must've missed that one
  • Options
    LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    it is... it is normal to watch videos from their channels that don't have the other channel in the video... right? :D
    I am undead! :smiley:
  • Options
    it is... it is normal to watch videos from their channels that don't have the other channel in the video... right? :D

'course! Despite their branding, they are separate people :)
  • Options
    LuckyKittenCatLuckyKittenCat Posts: 4,640 Member
    Kandy wrote: »

good xD
    I am watching reasons why dan's a fail rn, and it is oddly easy to relate :D
    I am undead! :smiley:
  • Options

good xD
    I am watching reasons why dan's a fail rn, and it is oddly easy to relate :D

Omg if I weren't in class I'd be singing!!

Reasons why dans a faaaaaail

~yay!
  • Options
    SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    So far, they've been much better with him as a toddler than as a baby. I legit thought he was going to get taken away in this vid before they aged him up. But then again, he was a toddler for less than 24 Sim hours before they paused the game again. They played for less than 2 Sim days.

Seriously though, they're great dads to Dab (now!) Swooning over here!

Honestly! I was surprised Dab didn't get taken away. Oh, and yes, about his hair, I love it! Except I was expecting them to change it. And the clothes, I think it's very Phan-like to dress him like he did.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Oh my god okay so maybe it's just me but I love the hair??? Like it feels like it really fits dab-he'd be the type of kid to have long, wild hair

But honestly dab is so cute and I just?? Ahh?? I can't wait to see more of him omggg. Like I'm normally not this invested in other people's sims but holy jesus I love the howlters so much rn

(though maybe it was just me, but Phil didn't seem like super into the game? Idk he seemed a bit bored w/ it...? Maybe that's just me and my deleriousness though XD it's almost ten and I studied for like 4 hours and I'm ready to pass out so maybe I'm seeing things)

I didn't realise how out of the video Phil was until I rewatched it! He did seem a little bored, maybe it was just because Dan was so into it. Either way, I'm not mad or anythnig ^-^
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Shhhhhhhhh. Dan and Phil are married. What do you think really happened in Vegas? Do you really think they stole a helicopter and all that? :wink: Pffft rumours.

But, about the part that they aren't really nerds anymore, I think that they might just be a little burned out over gamingmas. I mean, can you imagine, filming that many videos? I love the sims and I love gaming, but I wouldn't be able to keep it up like that for so long. And I can imagine that they're probably still settling down from TATINOF and the holidays.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Summerjase wrote: »

I didn't realise how out of the video Phil was until I rewatched it! He did seem a little bored, maybe it was just because Dan was so into it. Either way, I'm not mad or anythnig ^-^

The funny thing is I watched his live stream today and he was saying how it was his favorite Sims video in a while. I think even he didn't realize how out of it he was!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

The funny thing is I watched his live stream today and he was saying how it was his favorite Sims video in a while. I think even he didn't realize how out of it he was!

Maybe we're just psycho analysing all this wayyy too much xD The first few times I watched it I was just too busy squealing over Dan and Phil being parents. I mean, did you see how excited they were? They're so cute.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Hahahaha oh my god that's hilarious. I'm not super active in the phandom anymore so I must've missed that one

Ok, so I couldn't find the actual letters, but if you search #phangate, everyone's making fun of it now

Here's Dan's reaction on Tuesday

https://youtu.be/fn0PQWSblx0?t=38m55s

And Phil "came clean" in his livestream today (hilarious - must watch :D )

https://youtu.be/xLOmL7BwWSw?t=39m33s
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Maybe we're just psycho analysing all this wayyy too much xD The first few times I watched it I was just too busy squealing over Dan and Phil being parents. I mean, did you see how excited they were? They're so cute.

This may be true lol :D

It was so cute how excited they were! They - Dan especially - are so looking forward to being parents. Which is refreshing to see; I hate how so many guys, particularly ones Dan's age, are apathetic or even say they don't want children, just because it's been ingrained by society that men shouldn't want babies. But that's not surprising, considering how different they are than most guys.

🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited January 2017

It was so cute how excited they were! They - Dan especially - are so looking forward to being parents. Which is refreshing to see; I hate how so many guys, particularly ones Dan's age, are apathetic or even say they don't want children, just because it's been ingrained by society that men shouldn't want babies. But that's not surprising, considering how different they are than most guys.

But honestly I ship phan with my life I'm sorry. I always psycho analyse.

Honestly, yes! Dan has always seemed to be the kind of person that doesn't want to follow "society's rules" and that's one thing that I've always loved about him. I remember when I first joined the phandom, and when I was pretty new to it all, it was during the time when Dan had the huge issue about him and Phil being two separate people and when the whole shipping thing got to him. But it's so nice to see them so comfortable with each other again and ahhhh! This is just making me want to watch their videos and write some phan fictions!

Do you remember that time when Dan posted a selfie on pancake day on his Instagram, and there was a mysterious blur behind him that everyone thought it was a child? That was such an odd time.

All in all, I think that they'd be great parents though. I mean, they need to learn how to properly take care of a sim baby to begin with but...
    giphy.gif
  • Options

oh of course not!! I could never be mad at either of them (unless they like. murdered a baby or smth). I was just a bit worried but it seems like he's okay ^-^

Ok, so I couldn't find the actual letters, but if you search #phangate, everyone's making fun of it now

Here's Dan's reaction on Tuesday

https://youtu.be/fn0PQWSblx0?t=38m55s

And Phil "came clean" in his livestream today (hilarious - must watch :D )

https://youtu.be/xLOmL7BwWSw?t=39m33s

oo what'd dan say about it? i must've missed it when I watched his liveshow (and I'm watching phil's rn)

omg yes!!!! it was so adorable to see them squealing over dil :heart: dan especially :heart: It honestly makes me wish they had kids so we could just see them be adorable parents?? like i'd get an instagram just for phan parents tbh
  • Options
    oh of course not!! I could never be mad at either of them (unless they like. murdered a baby or smth). I was just a bit worried but it seems like he's okay ^-^

Honestly, I love them so much, I'd probably like "Well that baby probably had it coming :/ " lol
    oo what'd dan say about it? i must've missed it when I watched his liveshow (and I'm watching phil's rn)

Not much, if I remember correctly, he just laughed it off and called his wife Sabrina and their child Lola (he got confused and thought they already had a child, I guess)

🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

Honestly, I love them so much, I'd probably like "Well that baby probably had it coming :/ " lol

Not much, if I remember correctly, he just laughed it off and called his wife Sabrina and their child Lola (he got confused and thought they already had a child, I guess)

:lol::lol: maybe he and Phil were discussing baby names? :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    But honestly I ship phan with my life I'm sorry. I always psycho analyse.

Don't be! I think the shipping is fine, they clearly love messing with the shippers, regardless. To me, it doesn't matter one way or another, I love them either way. And I'd probably ship them if I wasn't too busy shipping us all in a closed triad lol. Actually, more recently, I've become a quasi-shipper. Based on their old tweet and that sort of thing, I think that maybe they were in a relationship, when they were in their late teens/ early twenties, a.k.a the experimental stage. I think that created a special bond between them and even though one or both of them decided that he was straight, they still love each other a lot (hence why they're so close). This why don't resent each other over the break up, too.
    Honestly, yes! Dan has always seemed to be the kind of person that doesn't want to follow "society's rules" and that's one thing that I've always loved about him.

Yesss, he is everything I hope my future husband is!

All in all, I think that they'd be great parents though. I mean, they need to learn how to properly take care of a sim baby to begin with but...

I know! Poor Baby Dab! Although, I've always said, the whole "see if you can take care of houseplants, then a pet, then have a kid" thing really is kinda dumb, because a baby is so different and you just have to figure it out. Even parents who have had kids find their babies often differ in personalities and ways they need to be taken care of. At least the enthusiasm is there!

🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

I thought Phil wants to name his baby WASD lol
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

I thought Phil wants to name his baby WASD lol

:lol: or Mo. Or Lexicon...

WASD Lexicon Mo Lester?
  • Options
    That's a beautiful name :D

I also just remembered he's said he wants his kids' naked to rhyme with his last name. Chester, Hester, Nestor, and Sylvestor Lester.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻