Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uninstall Store Content

So recently I've been noticing something is happening with my game and store content seems to be disappearing (uninstalling) and most of the time I don't notice but sometimes when I try to go into buy mode I notice some things I know should be there is no longer there. I went through the downloads dashboard and found out that nearly 90% of my store content needs to be reinstalled and I have no idea why. Can anyone explain why this keeps happening? I don't want to keep
Wasting my time if I can't get the store content to stay installed.
1FKDfKj.png

Comments

• Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    Hi, @Simfan923 !
    I've waited, if someone will give you more precise information, but as I do not see answer, I'll search to help you at least with those 2 links:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/766086/know-what-is-inside-your-game-the-sims-3/p1
    (here I've learned, how to manage *.ebc files and reinstall store +/- correctly, because I have had similar problems since 2012.);
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/807788/reinstall-store-stuff-no-repeats-or-disappearing/p1
    (this is most recent store-reinstall ciane's guide).
    I don't know, how works PC with 1.69 patch (I'm one from lucky 1.67 people, who haven't installed it), but yours issue might be caused with manually uninstalling store-items, overlapping of store content, patching the game with store content inside the game, etc.
    I'm not tech whizz, but I'm searching only to help you, because those solutions had helped me (on lower patches levels) with similar issue.
    I wish you to solve soon.;)
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Hi @Simfan923! The files were store content is installed in the dccache folder are the .ebc ones. They start with a 0 on the end and continue one-up as you install more stuff. They are only meant to hold 200MB, but... you'll probably notice that many of your files are way over the limit. The only way I know to install your store stuff and have it stick is to rename your current sims 3 folder if you want to keep some of your saves. Then start fresh. A new sims 3 folder will be created with nothing in it but your game with EP/SPs. Then, you start installing all over again, keeping .ebc files under 204,800kb. You manually move out the file ending with 0.ebc when it goes over or gets close to 200,000kb. Then, you continue installing. As the file gets close to 200,000kb again, rename it to end in 1.ebc, keeping the rest of the file name the same. Then move that file to join the first and continue to install into the next file. You keep this up, renumber that 0 to the next number up and moving the file out until you have finished installing everything. Then, you rename that last file's ending number to the next number up and move all those files back into the dccache folder. Then, save that whole sims 3 folder somewhere safe.

Whenever you want to install something, you move out all but one of your .ebc files that will have enough room for what you are installing. You temporarily renumber that file to end in zero (0) and install your new item(s). Then, you renumber it to end with the number it had before and add back in the rest of the .ebc files you moved out.

This ensures that everything you install at one time will get installed in the same .ebc file. And it ensures that your .ebc files aren't too large that the store content gets lost.

Good luck!