Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constant forum maintenance?

HarrisonHarrison Posts: 315 Member
edited December 2016 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Why is it that for the past few weeks it says the forum has been under maintenance? I dont understand, it took me forever just to get here to make this post.

EDIT: Hey guys! Just noticed something weird, it seems to happen on my moms phone too. I dont know why. It seems as it isnt just me, and its affecting more people then I thought.
Post edited by Harrison on

Comments

• Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? I never see that error. I'm a constant lurker lol
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    BrandiBug wrote: »
    Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies? I never see that error. I'm a constant lurker lol

My cookies are automaticly cleared by a plugin of mine. Its been going on for weeks now.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Hm. I don't see that notice either. What if you left your cookies on for awhile? I don't know if that would help or not.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Thanks, but thats not whats happening to me, im getting a screen that says the forum is under manteinance and will be back up soon. I think im the first to report this one. But yeah, they are similar.

• Options
    PsychomoiPsychomoi Posts: 41 Member
    I don't see the under maintenance thing, but the "it's patch day" announcement is up there everyday... gets me all excited and then i find out its a lie :'(
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,624 Member
    Psychomoi wrote: »
    I don't see the under maintenance thing, but the "it's patch day" announcement is up there everyday... gets me all excited and then i find out its a lie :'(

Hello
    There is an x button on the right hand side that you can press to remove that message from your screen.
  • Options
    PsychomoiPsychomoi Posts: 41 Member
    I am dumb @rosemow thankyou!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Hey guys! Just noticed something weird, it seems to happen on my moms phone too. I dont know why. It seems as it isnt just me, and its affecting people more then I thought.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited December 2016
    There's a nasty worm about called Mirai and it has affected uk's Talk Talk and Post Office routers today and Germany this week. May be it has reached other areas too.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38167453

Malwarebytes is good at dealing with it (there's a free download as well as the paid for one).
  • Options
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    There's a nasty worm about called Mirai and it has affected uk's Talk Talk and Post Office routers today and Germany this week.

Malwarebytes is good at dealing with it (there's a free download as well as the paid for one).

Doubt it, as it also is on my phone, and why would it make it say the site is under mantianace? That makes no sense, and im very carefull about viruses.
  • Options
    There's a nasty worm about called Mirai and it has affected uk's Talk Talk and Post Office routers today and Germany this week. May be it has reached other areas too.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38167453

And, from what I have seen about the virus, it affects routers, I use multiple wifi networks, so it wouldnt be that.
  • Options
    AmbereenAmbereen Posts: 56 Member
    Are we talking about this, maybe?

h.ttp://prntscr.com/de6fjw

It pops up a LOT with me just trying to click around the forums. All I had to do for the screenshot was try to open up ideas and feedback xD but it happens everywhere on here. Usually refreshing does the trick, but sometimes it take a few.
  • Options
    Ambereen wrote: »

It pops up a LOT with me just trying to click around the forums. All I had to do for the screenshot was try to open up ideas and feedback xD but it happens everywhere on here. Usually refreshing does the trick, but sometimes it take a few.
    Ambereen wrote: »

Yes, thats exactly what happens, and I refresh too.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,313 Member
    Harrison wrote: »
    There's a nasty worm about called Mirai and it has affected uk's Talk Talk and Post Office routers today and Germany this week.

Doubt it, as it also is on my phone, and why would it make it say the site is under mantianace? That makes no sense, and im very carefull about viruses.

Same thing happened on October 21, 2016 when some group of hackers had hacked into some company over here in the USA. I had posted an article about it after the damage was fixed by the FBI and they were able to get sites that were effected by the hackers working again. So it could be possible that what is taking place in Germany could be effecting this site for some users because when the hackers hacked into the company back listed in the article in September, some of the members could get in while a lot of them couldn't gain access to this site. I had a lot of sites that I was trying to get into on that day that wasn't letting me in and I thought that maybe the internet was just running really slow until my husband called and told me about the hackers hacking into some East Coast company that he heard about on the radio.
    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/10/21/major-disruptions-online-as-cyber-attack-hits-internet-services-company.html

• Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »

Same thing happened on October 21, 2016 when some group of hackers had hacked into some company over here in the USA. I had posted an article about it after the damage was fixed by the FBI and they were able to get sites that were effected by the hackers working again. So it could be possible that what is taking place in Germany could be effecting this site for some users because when the hackers hacked into the company back listed in the article in September, some of the members could get in while a lot of them couldn't gain access to this site. I had a lot of sites that I was trying to get into on that day that wasn't letting me in and I thought that maybe the internet was just running really slow until my husband called and told me about the hackers hacking into some East Coast company that he heard about on the radio.
    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/10/21/major-disruptions-online-as-plum-attack-hits-internet-services-company.html

Oh, wow, now that I think of it it makes sense, ill have to look into removing it.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    lisasc360 wrote: »

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2016/10/21/major-disruptions-online-as-plum-attack-hits-internet-services-company.html

Oh, wow, now that I think of it it makes sense, ill have to look into removing it.

But wait, I just read that it knocks off your router, and makes your internet slow, that didnt happen to me.

EDIT: Pcworld says it only affects routers from a company called zyxel, im sure im not using that.
  • Options
    kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    this happens to me as well - both at home and at work and on my phone. it's incredibly annoying, and it's like every other click on the forums for me.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Happens to me constantly on my iPad as well, but I don't get it on my PC. Weird. Might be some malware thing, time to scan I guess.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I'm getting it too, on my phone.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    For me now, its getting to the point where I can barely log in.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Check out: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/907090/weird-caching-or-something#latest

The two appear to be related. It's as if there's two different versions of the forums. I don't know enough about forum stuff to say how in the heck that would work, but I'm assuming it's database related in some way.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    I've been having the same problem on multiple computers and my phone, and a friend of mine did too when she opened a link I sent her. I hope that maybe someone can do something to fix it soon because while it is livable, it's still annoying. Ironically I encountered the error while opening this thread lol
  • Options
    coogiekelpcoogiekelp Posts: 605 Member
    I know, this isn't in the right category, but right now, the forums isn't letting me put it in another category :/
    I haven't been able to come on for the past week or so because every time I come on, it always says this site is under "maintenance". Is this being fixed? I can't check anything or post anything :( I'll be blessed if this posts/works!
    Challenges completed: none yet :(