Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LITTLE things in the game that annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2016
    Actually the little things that especially annoy me with Sims 4 is in fact the lack of little things - like little Sims (toddlers, and shorter teens), little decor that looks right in conjunction with the size of the sims. Little telescopes and other such devices. Like give the scientist small tools to work with. Give children kid size furniture, toys like normal size doll houses, tea sets, kids table and chairs, kids rocking chairs. Dolls - maybe a Barbie or GI Joe. Little things!!! What is the Guru's obsessions with over sized gigantic stuff - how about some more normal size to ratio of Sims sizes - stuff. I am so tired of seeing every thing super sized. How about normal sized for a change Guru's?

Also I don't want my sims newborn to turn 10 - yet or my child age sim to grow over cake to adult size. NORMAL aging and NORMAL sizes can very much be appreciated in the sims if you bother to make them for us. Thank you.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    Sim slams the refrigerator door, even when they're not angry.
  • Options
    JesterHatJolteonJesterHatJolteon Posts: 13 New Member

Water can spoil.
  • Options
    After completing an aspiration, the select new aspiration button blinks. It still blinks after clicking it and going back to the aspiration panel. Also, a butterfly flying through the house
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This little thing was unknown to me until this week. Turning off autonomy for selected Sim to keep them still a minute doesn't work. They still do whatever the heck they want to do. Pin them to the chair for goodness sake.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited October 2016
    Actually the little things that especially annoy me with Sims 4 is in fact the lack of little things - like little Sims (toddlers, and shorter teens), little decor that looks right in conjunction with the size of the sims. Little telescopes and other such devices. Like give the scientist small tools to work with. Give children kid size furniture, toys like normal size doll houses, tea sets, kids table and chairs, kids rocking chairs. Dolls - maybe a Barbie or GI Joe. Little things!!! What is the Guru's obsessions with over sized gigantic stuff - how about some more normal size to ratio of Sims sizes - stuff. I am so tired of seeing every thing super sized. How about normal sized for a change...

Omg yes I notice this sometimes and it really bothers me. The scaling of sizes and relative sizes is so off.

p6tqefj
  • Options

I do not like seeing the sky looking up from inside the house.
    105508c1-6109-415f-85d8-22433122a1a6_zps034c9t5g.png
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    Everything in this game annoys me. constant phone calls to invite sim to a party, troll the forums, doing push ups, sitting back down at counter or table to clean dishes, limitations limitations limitations with building....did I say limitations.

at this point I just don't play anymore.
  • Options
    Pmike16Pmike16 Posts: 37 Member
    When you say little things... mine are just that, little things that most probably don't even notice or care. But here they are:
    • The ugly White UI, i miss the blue
    • The sound when you click on something has changed, and it really bothers me
    • There is no longer a floating sim head when you click on something
    • That god-awful white outline the appears when you hover over a clickable
    • Sims will follow you from the park to the cafe as if in two places at once, or as if they have to be where your active sim is at not able to actually live out their own lives
    • I can zoom in on a building/house, technically already inside while my sim is like a few in game feet away from the entrance, yet i have to go through a loading screen
    • The FAKE objects in the "world" such as the backdrop buildings, that train looking thing, the cars that you see driving and such and such
    • Why does the way everything was drawn look like it belongs in a book where unicorns crap butterflies, fart glitter, sneeze cotton candy, ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ chocolate, and burp rainbows
    • If you zoom all they way out you can see the world look less and less detailed, like trees flattening until it just stops, then you notice how the world is in a dome of sorts like a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ snow-globe
    • I hate that the logo has changed the signature "S" in the title
    • I hate how the plumbob looks like clay
    • There is no regard for family beyond siblings and parents, unless its been changed since the last time i played, In-laws nieces and nephews and even grandparents didn't or don't exist
    • There are two heights, children and everyone else
    • Babies, do i really have to say anything. They're mere objects that look like Satan's ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ
    • Sims just disappear when going to school or to work
    • I don't like how you just open up your phone and voila!! You're at a party or your on vacation or you traveled to another lot with a crap ton of people. Like there's no sense of planning or importance on anything. Just do this and that and there you've won the golden badge for this or that or whatever
    • Emotions are about as deep as the water in the talking toilet
    • Multi-tasking can be a positive thing to encounter as well as and more often than not, a burden to try and get your sim to perform the right action
    • Death in the game makes me sadder than the sims in the game. This is an issue.
    Honestly i could go all day, and this is me trying to enjoy the game.
    As a side note, I'm going to respectfully ask that nobody tries to argue with what bothers me. Its what bothers me...like let me be bothered. I've seen people defend this game to the death, even when someone has an issue that is purely personal, like a bother. Leave it at that, UNLESS something has changed since the last time i played.
  • Options
    It bothers me that I cannot move a door halfway. I wanted the door perfectly parallel to the stairs, but it will not let me. It does not look right.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    Everything that is supposed to be white is actually grey. This irritates me to no end, I've had to get as much replacement CC for these "white" objects into proper white as possible.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited October 2016
    Basically all of my issues have been covered except one: the loner sims LOVE to hang out and talk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    That it plays like a Over priced app game and not a Computer game
  • Options
    Autumn_CatsAutumn_Cats Posts: 347 Member
    Moods, especially Flirty, energized, confident.
    No favorite colors, zodiac signs and only three traits limit
    The gender CAS things, only because any of the male bottoms make women hips weird.
    Multi tasking, I irl barely ever multi task.
    The little to none kids hair especially for boys
    Teens are the same height as YA and Adults
    Elders literally have nothing elderly to do, such as a knitting, no special interactions
    Constantly smiling @u@
    Townies look terrible and there is too many at the start
    No story progression.
    No just walk together, chat together or just simple family interactions
    The traits basically mean nothing such as 'Hates children'

• Options
    Big_Boy_Bmw760LiBig_Boy_Bmw760Li Posts: 93 Member
    Why do items break so frequently? Literally you would replace a item such as the radio (the good one) and it breaks again in two days! I have cash but holy smokes. Sinks breaking, radio's, and toilets seem to break the most often for me. Any fix for this?
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited October 2016
    - Constant random illnesses. Want to ignore it? Too bad, let me add these red splotches/marks on your sims. Had to get a mod to stop this.
    - Low cooking skills= poor hygiene.
    - When a sim is making a meal, and another household member walks to the fridge for a leftover. Even when the action is cancelled halfway.
    - Other sims hounding the table when visiting a cafeteria. That's why I barely send my sims there. Constant smiling, slow eating. Interrupting everything to talk.
    - The Embarrassed moodlet. I didn't tell you to follow this Sim into the bathroom. I miss TS2 bathroom doors auto-locking.

Edit: Forgot to add bassinet babies.
    edit2: musical chairs :s
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited October 2016
    Why do items break so frequently? Literally you would replace a item such as the radio (the good one) and it breaks again in two days! I have cash but holy smokes. Sinks breaking, radio's, and toilets seem to break the most often for me. Any fix for this?

Yes, there is a mod on "Mod the sims" that lets you choose how often it breaks
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=535156

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    The camera. Specifically tilt mode.
    The only solutions I've found for this are troublesome.
  • Options
    HagfisherHagfisher Posts: 950 Member
    Five hours to eat dinner.
    125722018d2ffda673d70ee3796940a120b51e40.png

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    1. Sims always smiling
    2. Relationship culling (at least give the people a option who are playing on a gaming pc to turn it off)
    3. Musical chairs
    4. Overly colorful tacky clothing spawning on every NPC and the game clothing in general
    5. Getting texts from Sims in the same room
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited October 2016
    1. Juggling and fooling around with the food while cooking - stop it already and get on with the job!
    2. Inhaling the aroma of every meal, even when it has been in the fridge for days;
    2. Elders' slipped-disk animation;
    3. The slouchy walk that makes elders look permanently exhausted;
    4. The constant selfies (actually, this was not a little thing for me - I loathed it so much I eventually got a mod to stop it);
    5. Inane laughing at nothing - okay, I get that you're happy, now shut up;
    6. Weirdly-scaled objects, like the microscope, the cupcake machine and the oversized teddies and dollhouses (actually I don't mind having a large dollhouse or supersized teddy, I just wish there were more realistically sized options as well);
    7. Altogether too much emphasis on trying to be 'weird' - and usually getting it hopelessly wrong.
    Post edited by FKM100 on
  • Options
    MissMahooMissMahoo Posts: 208 Member
    Pretty much most of what has been mentioned, with the addition of the stupid overenthusiastic noises foodie sims make when eating food. You know, the one that they make when they raise their fork in the air. Please make it stop!!!!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited October 2016
    My sim's constant need to randomly washing their hands.They'll be chit chatting and then get up just to wash their hands.
    And their constant need of getting random drinks from the fridge.

And I agree with the multi-tasking, it's cool to an extent, but I don't want my sim to eat while on the toilet.