The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Market Square is a New Sims3 Build comp [The Winners Are]

Comments

• Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited October 2016
    Is Bridgeport out of contest?

NO it should be inclued. please feel free to create and entre the competition.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Oh no :neutral: I re-linked everything, but nothing happened. I tried with an older picture, and it worked just fine. I can see the pictures when I preview them, but after posting they're gone. I try to put one picture here.

Sorry to here your also having picture issues. Ive given some extra time as a few of you are having the same issues and Im also very busy RL right now.
    hope this helps you all .
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    Hello, all hope your all having fun creating. Chat soon
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    Many apologies for vanishing on you. I've been moving house IRL and getting everything set up dragged on and on, basically swallowing up all the time I'd intended to use to put together my build for this contest. Anyway, I love the entries for RV, DV, and BB, and I wish you all the best of luck! xx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    thats ok @GreenCats , yep the current entries are very intresting.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    Here is a sneak peek of my entry for my market square in Riverview!

hZSIjaj.jpg
  • Options
    HoplassHoplass Posts: 369 Member
    Well it's definitely a mini-sneak ;). Do I see lemons?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    equuest wrote: »
    Here is a sneak peek of my entry for my market square in Riverview!

Umm, you know how to keep us in suspense. LOL
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    Haha. Well I was working on it this morning before I left the house, but the game froze so I need to redo some things. And there are lemons @Hoplass! Thank you @calmorezoo :)
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I uhh, I gonna fire up my game and try to build a market place. No guarantees though, my game is still messed up ;) but I really wanna try haha!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    Well... Guess a miracle happened!

2ikz9fc.jpg

This happened :) so I'm curious, can you guys guess what world I've chosen?
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Well... Guess a miracle happened!

2ikz9fc.jpg

This happened :) so I'm curious, can you guys guess what world I've chosen?

Well I guess is one of the beach worlds, umm my best guess Sunlit tides !
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    Hehe, nope, not ST :) it's a bit of art deco I like to think
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options

Roaring hights
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    calmorezoo wrote: »

Roaring hights

Yup :)
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    I finished my entry, took pics and uploaded into exchange and was filling the entry form only to realize I can't post any links. :'(
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    @taratownie

Is this it?

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9000120

Bridgeport Market
    Indoor and outdoor market. Lots of food options including snacks, ice cream, coffee bar, food register, and professional bar. Fruits, veggies, flowers, nectar, elixirs, and books for sale. Many fun things to do like playing basket ball, instruments or foosball, singing karaoke or watching tv. Kids area with changing table, baby swing, playpen, lemodade stand, and toys. Public restrooms and subway station. The Sims 3 Store content used, no third party cc.

roof_up_original.jpg

I'm thinking you should be able to post the link to the exchange. But, maybe not as it has been along time since I was new.

Can you post the pics without the img tag? I would keep watching if you wanted to try now and try to be the next post so I could show your pics for you.

• Options
    taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you @romagi1 that is mine.

ENTRY FORM
    Username = taratownie
    Name of entry = Bridgeport Market
    Exchange link = http : //www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9000120
    List EPs & SPs used = Supernatural, Pets, Island Paradise, Late Night, World Adventures, Seasons, Showtime, Generations, University Life, Ambitions
    Store content = YES or NO = YES
    Dirty No More Changing and Bathing Station, Rim Rockin' Basketball Hoop, Triple Ritches Slots O'Jackpots Slot Machine, Solace Snugabunny Deluxe Baby Swing, Skyline After Midnight, Head Start Playpen, Savvy Seller's Collection
    For which town = Bridgeport
    Which lot in the town did you place it = new 25x25 lot near Waylon's Haunt
    Lot Requirement (example does it need a waterside lot) = nothing special
    Lot Lable type (example visitors allowed) = Hangout
    Short story = This is an indoor and outdoor market selling fruits, veggies, flowers, nectar, food, elixirs, and books. Lots of food choices like snacks, ice cream, coffee bar and food from food register. Many fun activities like playing basketball, instruments, foosball and slot machines and singing karaoke. Kids area includes baby changing station, baby swing, playpen, lemonade stand and toys. Subway station helps accessing the lot easily.
    The 4 Pictures =
    http : //smg.photobucket.com/user/taratownie/media/Screenshot-4_zpskufc4mc3.jpg.html
    http : //smg.photobucket.com/user/taratownie/media/Screenshot-7_zpsvxbb0v5v.jpg.html
    http : //smg.photobucket.com/user/taratownie/media/Screenshot-8_zpsiiqxzpkh.jpg.html
    http : //smg.photobucket.com/user/taratownie/media/Screenshot-11_zpsgrynofhj.jpg.html
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • Options
    edited October 2016

@Romagi, thankyou for helping. what would newbees do with out you .
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    edited October 2016
    taratownie wrote: »
    Thank you @romagi1 that is mine.

ENTRY FORM
    Username = taratownie
    Name of entry = Bridgeport Market
    Exchange link = http : //www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9000120
    List EPs & SPs used = Supernatural, Pets, Island Paradise, Late Night, World Adventures, Seasons, Showtime, Generations, University Life, Ambitions
    Store content = YES or NO = YES
    Dirty No More Changing and Bathing Station, Rim Rockin' Basketball Hoop, Triple Ritches Slots O'Jackpots Slot Machine, Solace Snugabunny Deluxe Baby Swing, Skyline After Midnight, Head Start Playpen, Savvy Seller's Collection
    For which town = Bridgeport
    Which lot in the town did you place it = new 25x25 lot near Waylon's Haunt
    Lot Requirement (example does it need a waterside lot) = nothing special
    Lot Lable type (example visitors allowed) = Hangout
    Short story = This is an indoor and outdoor market selling fruits, veggies, flowers, nectar, food, elixirs, and books. Lots of food choices like snacks, ice cream, coffee bar and food from food register. Many fun activities like playing basketball, instruments, foosball and slot machines and singing karaoke. Kids area includes baby changing station, baby swing, playpen, lemonade stand and toys. Subway station helps accessing the lot easily.
    The 4 Pictures =
    http : //smg.photobucket.com/user/taratownie/media/Screenshot-4_zpskufc4mc3.jpg.html
    http : //smg.photobucket.com/user/taratownie/media/Screenshot-7_zpsvxbb0v5v.jpg.html
    http : //smg.photobucket.com/user/taratownie/media/Screenshot-8_zpsiiqxzpkh.jpg.html
    http : //smg.photobucket.com/user/taratownie/media/Screenshot-11_zpsgrynofhj.jpg.html

Looks wonderful, sorry youve had forum posting issues. What a stupid Idea EA came up with making new simmers have to earn points to be able to post .
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    @calmorezoo I have a question about this;

Area for the kids & toddlers.

Does it really have to be a certain area, or can it be all over the lot? I created a bit of a carnival/market so it's not a specific area. Is that a problem?
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    @calmorezoo I have a question about this;

Area for the kids & toddlers.

Does it really have to be a certain area, or can it be all over the lot? I created a bit of a carnival/market so it's not a specific area. Is that a problem?

Theres no need for a set zone, thats completely upto you own creative mind.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    I have yet another question, sorry :frowning:

In the first post is stated that 25x25 lots and 30x30 lots are good but in the rules I found;

10= Only use a 25/25 lot this is as this size will fit all of the worlds.

I used a 30x30 lot I found, so I went with it. Is 30x30 okay? Or should I start over on 25x25?
    pkJ66Kv.png
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    I have yet another question, sorry :frowning:

In the first post is stated that 25x25 lots and 30x30 lots are good but in the rules I found;

10= Only use a 25/25 lot this is as this size will fit all of the worlds.

I used a 30x30 lot I found, so I went with it. Is 30x30 okay? Or should I start over on 25x25?
    I used a 30x30 in DV, because that town didn't have any empty 25x25 lots that I could find. The OP made the change in rules to allow 30x30 because not all towns have the smaller sized lot to work with.