Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Festivals are mainly a recycle of the same stuff that we have

I just watched the video and the festivals are mainly a recycle of the same stuff that we have!!

There might be only one or nothing new at each festival.
Going by what they showed in the video:

Geekcon:
1- Taking pics from your mobile? whats new in this lol?
2- Sitting in front of the computer to show it as a competition? What is new? a new pop up notification suggesting the sims competing?
3- Those games that came with the earlier EP GT?
4- Building your rocket science skill???
5- The only thing I see new in this is the new added console!!

Do I need to get my sim out of his house to play a console??

Humor Festival:
This is even worse than the geekcon! So the whole festival just turn sims into funny mode as if there is a huge funny aura enabled object there so the sims will keep doing the same reactions they do right now when they feel funny!! A voodoo doll, a microphone to tell the jokes!! What is this?? Nothing new.

Spice Festival:
Eating, eating and eating??? The only new thing here is the bubble blower! There is nothing else.

Romance Festival:
Same thing. A hidden romance enabling aura object is there so all the sims will be romantic. There might be this one NPC new or it could be just a thing they made up too. Have to be seen.

Flea Market:
Might be the only one interesting thing from these so called empty festivals but even that one need to be seen how it works. Whether your sim can sell everything there or just painting, whether your sim can buy other sims paintings. Although I am 100% sure that this will be based on illusion like the rest of the game. For example, When I am playing Bella Goth I take her to flea market to sell her painting, One of my sims from a different household say Summer Holiday comes up and buys Bella's painting. When I switch to play Summer Holiday the Bella painting will NOT be in her inventory! This is how it will be. Basically it kills the whole purpose of the flea market.
I want my sims to buy each other paintings and hang them in their houses but this is not going to happen with this game.

My impression of City Living from Very positive turned to Very negative after they showed how apartments are limited and now after showing these festivals It turned to extremely negative.

What EA is doing basically is trying to avoid the addition of any kind of animation. They just want to reduce the cost to the minimum. The absolute minimum. I think the only 2 new animations this EP offers are basket ball animation and hand movement while playing the console!! Everything else is the same stuff but this time not done differently, nope. The exact same stuff but done somewhere else!!
Like selling your paintings but instead of direct selling at home it is done on the street. Are you even able to price your paintings? Even that I doubt it.

This EP is even lighter than Get Together in contents (when I say content I mean game play) and animations and at the same time it does not offer any long term benefits like GT clubs. The whole EP is limited in that city they created which they try hard for it to look cool but it isn't and which they try hard to make it sound as if there are many things to be done there but there aren't.
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    I am not buying it, and I'll continue to tell them why I'm not buying their packs because I think it's important.

I wasn't saying not to post. Sorry if you misunderstood. Was just saying for people who buy the packs and then complain, which seems pretty common, they shouldn't buy if they think they'll be disappointed. Again being vocal is good but money talks louder than our forum posts that's all.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2016
    I just watched the video and the festivals are mainly a recycle of the same stuff that we have!!

Geekcon:
    2- Sitting in front of the computer to show it as a competition? What is new? a new pop up notification suggesting the sims competing?

Humor Festival:
    This is even worse than the geekcon! So the whole festival just turn sims into funny mode as if there is a huge funny aura enabled object there so the sims will keep doing the same reactions they do right now when they feel funny!! A voodoo doll, a microphone to tell the jokes!! What is this?? Nothing new.

Spice Festival:
    Eating, eating and eating??? The only new thing here is the bubble blower! There is nothing else.

Romance Festival:
    Same thing. A hidden romance enabling aura object is there so all the sims will be romantic. There might be this one NPC new or it could be just a thing they made up too. Have to be seen.

Flea Market:
    Might be the only one interesting thing from these so called empty festivals but even that one need to be seen how it works. Whether your sim can sell everything there or just painting, whether your sim can buy other sims paintings. Although I am 100% sure that this will be based on illusion like the rest of the game. For example, When I am playing Bella Goth I take her to flea market to sell her painting, One of my sims from a different household say Summer Holiday comes up and buys Bella's painting. When I switch to play Summer Holiday the Bella painting will NOT be in her inventory! This is how it will be. Basically it kills the whole purpose of the flea market.
    I want my sims to buy each other paintings and hang them in their houses but this is not going to happen with this game.

My impression of City Living from Very positive turned to Very negative after they showed how apartments are limited and now after showing these festivals It turned to extremely negative.

What EA is doing basically is trying to avoid the addition of any kind of animation. They just want to reduce the cost to the minimum. The absolute minimum. I think the only 2 new animations this EP offers are basket ball animation and hand movement while playing the console!! Everything else is the same stuff but this time not done differently, nope. The exact same stuff but done somewhere else!!
    Like selling your paintings but instead of direct selling at home it is done on the street. Are you even able to price your paintings? Even that I doubt it.

This EP is even lighter than Get Together in contents (when I say content I mean game play) and animations and at the same time it does not offer any long term benefits like GT clubs. The whole EP is limited in that city they created which they try hard for it to look cool but it isn't and which they try hard to make it sound as if there are many things to be done there but there aren't.

Yup, it's sad. To me its like another gimmick to make the pack look less shallow/refreshing. But whatever.

It's The Sims 4.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I love that they are reusing base game things. I don't want EPs to feel like a completely new and separate affair, I want to see a mix of old and new.

Aren't you tired of watching your sims do nothing but eat and talk?

No, they sleep and use the computer too ;) My Sims are doing a lot of other things, and they are socializing while doing so, just like normal humans. Eating is one of these good storytelling opportunity to socialize and I like when they are eating and chatting together. I also like when my Sims are playing, doing sport activities, practicing yoga, reading or doing various things.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,068 Member
    I see it as new opportunities to use existing items. For example, I never use that big gaming thing because it's too big for my Sims homes and I don't really have a place for it yet. But my Sims will have the opportunity to use them at the festival as kind of a special event. The same with the rocket ship, none of my Sims are at a high enough level in their careers where working on a rocket would make sense, but in the context of the festival, I could maybe work on the rocket a little as some kind of hands-on movie prop. I think they've been quite clever in the way that they've reworked existing content into the festivals, and I like it when packs compliment one another.

There's also plenty of other content in this pack, so I don't feel short changed here.

One thing I would like, would be a way to make my own festivals in a future pack or update. I'd have like an arts festival, or a literary festival, for example. I'm a bit frustrated that I can't use this new feature in my own way.

Like you I've never used the gaming arcade or the rocket. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    I don't know how hard it is to appreciate different people's perspective. It's just as valid for someone to say they will use the existing object more or for the first time ( it doesn't actually matter) as someone saying that they are disappointed that festivals reuse existing content.

What it actually does is detract from feedback simmers want to give to the gurus, so please keep the thread on topic. Good topic OP.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I agree, compared to ts3 the festivals seem quite boring. They should have created an elite festival , downtown festival or anything that has to do with cities
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited October 2016
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I agree, compared to ts3 the festivals seem quite boring. They should have created an elite festival , downtown festival or anything that has to do with cities

Waving hello from a city here! I've no clue what an "elite" festival would be or what it would have to do with cities. "Elite" stuff generally doesn't happen in the public sphere at all - it's behind closed doors. No idea what a "downtown" festival would be either. Where I live, most festivals happen downtown, but they're about things like the city's ethnic mix, something artistic or athletic, a broad theme like the environment, or a particular cultural activity, not about being downtown. Some of the festivals developed for this pack seem to be dead ringers for actual city festivals - the Spice Market (which is like many, many real city festivals) and the Flea Market in particular (a park near me - which is downtown - has a huge outdoor flea market once a year, and another huge outdoor art market). The GeekCon is pretty much an outdoor version of real city festivals too (which have been increasingly spilling outside anyway).

I found the TS3 festivals boring, personally. Maybe because they were nothing like real festivals, and didn't feel very festive to me? I didn't use them much at all. I'm looking forward to these ones more.

Well I think the OP is right. They avoid creating new animations. We could do all of that by creating a club with get together.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Oh and there was me thinking the festivals looked a lot of fun. :(
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    Yeah, the festivals for sure look lackluster. This wouldn't be such a downer if the apartment system wasn't also looking lackluster.

I am a SUCKER for new foods, though. I really wish they implemented the spices from TS3's University EP. I absolutely LOVED them and was a positive glutton for all the moodlets. I also miss making nectars! I have been trying to play TS3 recently, but the game keeps freezing the moment I open CASt in build mode. And besides, I loathe CAS in TS3 and am much too spoiled with TS4 Sims. They may be cartoony, but they are much more personalized in appearance.

I'm basically buying this EP for the CAS options. Same reason I bought GT, though!
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I agree OP, I am not impressed with the festival feature at all.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,459 Member
    edited October 2016
    Keep in mind the livestream hasn't been shown yet. There may be more to festivals then the trailer showed.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,459 Member

Geekcon:

Humor Festival:

Spice Festival:

Romance Festival:

Flea Market:

Romance NPC is new. He's the romance guru.