Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartment traits

Comments

• Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Well this doesn't fully answer the question. But here you go.

[img][/img]sayw52.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Lot traits!

29255386303_ff734959b2_m.jpg

Chef's Kitchen
    Quake Zone
    Good Schools
    Mean Vibe
    Home Studio
    Sunny Aspect
    Cursed
    Grody
    Gremlins
    Penny Pixies
    Party Place
    Filthy
    Haunted
    Romantic Aura
    Great Soil
    Child's Play
    Homey
    Fast Internet
    Great Acoustics
    On Ley Line
    Science Lair
    Convivial
    Natural Light
    Gnomes
    Bracing Breezes
    Private Dwelling
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @luthienrising , those of us elders with less than perfect eyesight thank you for the list. And they also had "Needs TLC," which probably didn't show up because it was already in place on the lot.

I noticed there was a mouse even though the apartment didn't have the filthy trait. Maybe mice are in the two older buildings? We'll find out in November, I guess.
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    @luthienrising , those of us elders with less than perfect eyesight thank you for the list. And they also had "Needs TLC," which probably didn't show up because it was already in place on the lot.

I noticed there was a mouse even though the apartment didn't have the filthy trait. Maybe mice are in the two older buildings? We'll find out in November, I guess.

Thank you! I missed that. (I kept getting interrupted and missed a lot of the actual out-loud parts.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Lot traits!

Chef's Kitchen
    Quake Zone
    Good Schools
    Mean Vibe
    Home Studio
    Sunny Aspect
    Cursed
    Grody
    Gremlins
    Penny Pixies
    Party Place
    Filthy
    Haunted
    Romantic Aura
    Great Soil
    Child's Play
    Homey
    Fast Internet
    Great Acoustics
    On Ley Line
    Science Lair
    Convivial
    Natural Light
    Gnomes
    Bracing Breezes
    Private Dwelling

Ok, it's official, these are pretty awesome (although I thought 'homey' said something comelety different at first glance haha, this is what talking toilets do to you people!!)

There's at least 6 or 7 here I want on one lot already lol

--T
  • Options
    @To7m Gnomes, right? Right?
  • Options
    @To7m Gnomes, right? Right?

Definitely the gnomes.

*wishes* omg gurus, please just do toddlers, then a makin' magic remake and animate the gnomes. Please please. I'll give you my soul for that. Haha.

--T

• Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @luthienrising

Wow that's one heck of a trait list for lots :)

thanks for putting that together I am a little on the fence with regards lot traits because I just hope its not something that's difficult to turn off if its too annoying like the monster under the bed that no matter what you do will simply not go away-)

Also I hope lot traits can be turned on and off in other worlds just so we have the choice :)
  • Options
    Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @luthienrising

thanks for putting that together I am a little on the fence with regards lot traits because I just hope its not something that's difficult to turn off if its too annoying like the monster under the bed that no matter what you do will simply not go away-)

Also I hope lot traits can be turned on and off in other worlds just so we have the choice :)

Yeah I agree about the lot traits potentially being annoying but I'm sure they won't be as long as we choose the right ones :) I find the monster under the bed so annoying too, even with the lamp that's supposed to prevent it from coming, it still appears sometimes!
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    To7m wrote: »

Ok, it's official, these are pretty awesome (although I thought 'homey' said something comelety different at first glance haha, this is what talking toilets do to you people!!)

--T

I thought the same thing when I saw 'homey' LOL

I'm really looking forward to the descriptions of the traits (I know! I know! I'm never happy!) but I know I'm going to love so many of them already!

Gnomes!! Gremlins!! Oh! I want this NOW!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    @luthienrising

Since some of the lot traits are attached in game (like Needs TLC in the apartment they showed us) I would guess that they're like Sim traits -- once you add them you can't remove them. However, you don't need to add them if you don't want. And I think that on our residential and community lots, you might be able to get rid of them by bull-dozing your house. I think I'll set aside a few lots in Newcrest and play around with the traits before attaching them to my Sims' houses.

• Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited September 2016
    On Ley Lines - higher change of abduction?

Curious about Bracing Breezes and Natural Light

One thing, we need to find out if traits are going to be required on all lots, or if this is purely optional.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options

--T

I'm really looking forward to the descriptions of the traits (I know! I know! I'm never happy!) but I know I'm going to love so many of them already!

Haha! Too funny.

Did they show the gremlins? Anyone know? Those sound so freaking cool.

--T
  • Options
    MistyDoveMistyDove Posts: 695 Member
    This list is a lot bigger than I thought it would be, I could make so many unique combinations of traits for each lot! Thank you so much for this @luthienrising :)
  • Options
    @Toadette12

I like the idea of the lot traits but from past experience know how a goof idea can play out in game :) The monster under the bed came out every single night in the short time I played no matter how many lamps I put on the wall or sprayed it so in the end I had to give the kids different beds as no one was getting any sleep-)

• Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member

--T

Haha! Too funny.

Did they show the gremlins? Anyone know? Those sound so freaking cool.

--T

If they highlighted it I missed the text, will rewatch cause daughter just got off work and we're going to watch it again, but they didn't actually use it. How could you go wrong with Gremlins? What could possibly happen?
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    @luthienrising

Since some of the lot traits are attached in game (like Needs TLC in the apartment they showed us) I would guess that they're like Sim traits -- once you add them you can't remove them. However, you don't need to add them if you don't want. And I think that on our residential and community lots, you might be able to get rid of them by bull-dozing your house. I think I'll set aside a few lots in Newcrest and play around with the traits before attaching them to my Sims' houses.

I think you maybe be right I just hope for a little user friendly if we want to change things around, also I am not sure if traits for other builds in other worlds will come with this pack as I thought they said that may be added in the future? So I assumed trait lots were only for the city world right now?

I may wait for your Newcrest findings before I dive in and find something I cannot change :)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2016
    Lot traits!

Chef's Kitchen
    Quake Zone
    Good Schools
    Mean Vibe
    Home Studio
    Sunny Aspect
    Cursed
    Grody
    Gremlins
    Penny Pixies
    Party Place
    Filthy
    Haunted
    Romantic Aura
    Great Soil
    Child's Play
    Homey
    Fast Internet
    Great Acoustics
    On Ley Line
    Science Lair
    Convivial
    Natural Light
    Gnomes
    Bracing Breezes
    Private Dwelling

Thanks. Can you try to find out or somebody what some of those mean? Like Penny Pixies? Convivial? Gnomes? Bracing Breezes? I can't think what those would mean. And a few more in there. ETA: I thought I was the only person in the world who says 'grody' but not sure mine means the same as theirs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Couple of answers:

No, we can have 0 traits, except on cheapest apartments. Yes, they can be removed.

@Cinebar I want to know too! But I have to go back to work :/
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Lot traits!

Chef's Kitchen
    Quake Zone
    Good Schools
    Mean Vibe
    Home Studio
    Sunny Aspect
    Cursed
    Grody
    Gremlins
    Penny Pixies
    Party Place
    Filthy
    Haunted
    Romantic Aura
    Great Soil
    Child's Play
    Homey
    Fast Internet
    Great Acoustics
    On Ley Line
    Science Lair
    Convivial
    Natural Light
    Gnomes
    Bracing Breezes
    Private Dwelling

Thanks. Can you try to find out or somebody what some of those mean? Like Penny Pixies? Convivial? Gnomes? Bracing Breezes? I can't think what those would mean. And a few more in there. ETA: I thought I was the only person in the world who says 'grody' but not sure mine means the same as theirs.

Im guessing the pixies are either going to leave you pennies to find (i.e. Simoleons) or take them from you.

--T

ETA: What is Grody, btw? Lol.
  • Options
    @luthienrising

Thanks for that extra info on 0 traits for lots if we want ( despite the grunge apartment exception ) that info is comforting :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    I want to know if there will be any actual consequences for roaches and mice, filthy and cursed or will it all be moodlets?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    @To7m

I did not know either so according to Google: lol :)

The Meaning of GRODY

GROSS

MINGING

RANK

YUKKY

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @To7m

I did not know either so according to Google: lol :)

The Meaning of GRODY

GROSS

MINGING

RANK

YUKKY

Ever hear the saying "Everything old is new again"? Grody was popular in the 70's as meaning gross or disgusting.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,413 Member
    I had to look up a lot of the words. Still unsure if I grasped the meaning of all and certainly no clue what the effects will be.