Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMSVIP about the forum! VERY INTERESTING.

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I can't blame EA for any of this. The Sims community is toxic and full of entitled whiners. If people would treat EA with the respect they deserve, there wouldn't be any problems.

Seriously? You're talking about a multi-million dollar company, not a person. If a company sells something and I feel I received an inferior product I have every right to say so.

and there's no problem with that, as long as you do so in a civil manner

"EA is horrible!!! No toddlers after 2 years!!! Wah Wah Wah!" doesn't help anybody.

Most people do say it in a respectful manner though. Sure you get the odd snide remark which is out of tone and even I have seen a few toddler requests which come off as exaggerated but the majority of concerns are legit and done properly.

I have to agree. For all of the time I spend on the feedback forum, the vast majority of people present their opinions, thoughts, and suggestions in very respectful, polite, and articulate posts. It is usually the same, small amount of users that post toxic-like content. And it's usually the same, small amount of users that attack those sharing their opinions as well.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited September 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    So, segregation of the forums should become relevant then? How would that stop those of us who have TS4 stop digressing about a two year wait on basic life simulator related content like a life stage, and or those who are happy entering those threads to tell us we should get over it? It won't so I think TS4 needs it's on site and should have had it's own site from the get go. Feedback is just that. Good or bad and everyone including myself should stay out of particular topics. I should stay out of I love the To Do List! threads, and those who like TS4 should stay out of the I hate the To Do list threads. But then there is the silent vote if you don't speak up as @PHOEBESMOM601 pointed out in any thread, Maxis might think all players loved or hated the To Do List gameplay. I think the game changing it's genre is the heart of the matter. And Maxis really should have thought about what sandbox life simulator players would think about console features in the PC version. And none of us are really to blame for that. It seems to be the direction for more mobile and console features in the PC version. So, these arguments will continue unless EA ends this forum and they don't have to listen to it on their official forums anymore. They should have actually thought about the direction before selling it as a life simulator and sort of responsible for the views of many one way or the other.

No. I don't feel the forums need to be segregated into pro vs con, like or dislike ... in the end under that scenario no one wins. You would end up with the 'pro' side all agreeing with each other how everything is perfect and all the 'con' side agreeing with each other on how bad it is. Neither side goes anywhere, just need a bunch of "yes men". Nothing would get accomplished.

It is called being civil. Being man/woman enough to be able to step back and say 'I can see where you are coming from. My opinion on this is X, Y, Z.' But sadly, not many people can do that and take the 'Its my way or the highway' approach and 'plum what anyone else and their momma thinks ... I am entitled to my opinion'. When one side, no matter which side feels shut out of a conversation, hostility follows. Player X is allowed to say 'So plum what you and your momma say, I've got to throw shade'.

And so yes, Cin I do stay out of certain topics .... there are many a thread I don't go in and if I do go in ... I read, but don't post. I don't belong in that thread. I can only control me. I can't control anyone else. Most of bickering, fighting and ways to deal with it should be common sense, but as an old time friend of mine said, common sense isn't so common.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Exactly, @Sk8rblaze. It's like I said earlier, I don't think the forum is toxic. There are users who post in inappropriate ways, yes; some of these forum members who post inappropriately like the game and some don't like the game. All they have to do is to deal with ALL the toxic members equally and fairly and problem solved.

Obviously I'm not referring to all the people who seem to believe that expressing dissatisfaction with the game is, by definition, toxic. This is flat out not true, and we've been informed many times that all opinions are valid and should be respected. People just need to stop taking criticism about the game as some kind of personal criticism. None of it has to affect anyone's enjoyment unless they let it, and whining about how you think the forum is toxic is certainly not contributing anything positive to the forum.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited September 2016
    I can't blame EA for any of this. The Sims community is toxic and full of entitled whiners. If people would treat EA with the respect they deserve, there wouldn't be any problems.

Seriously? You're talking about a multi-million dollar company, not a person. If a company sells something and I feel I received an inferior product I have every right to say so.

"EA is horrible!!! No toddlers after 2 years!!! Wah Wah Wah!" doesn't help anybody.

You really shouldn't make blanket assumptions. Just like many others I've done neither of those. Saying the forum is full of entitled whiners is nothing more than trying to bait people into arguments.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    @Goldbear86 I am sorry that you have noticed things like that on the forums :(

Sadly there are good and bad on both sides of the coin but as I said else where, the good Simmers outweigh the more toxic by a long way :smile:

I know, but sometimes it's hard to see the good as it's buried. Now I just stick to certain areas of the board. It's easier.

I like TS3 and luckily we do not have any problems on the TS3 GD.

In fact it is only the TS4 GD that really has problems. It was a good idea to have the Speculation and Rumour area to try and provide a place for players to talk about future or potential content but sadly this area is still heated.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Most people do say it in a respectful manner though. Sure you get the odd snide remark which is out of tone and even I have seen a few toddler requests which come off as exaggerated but the majority of concerns are legit and done properly.

I have to agree. For all of the time I spend on the feedback forum, the vast majority of people present their opinions, thoughts, and suggestions in very respectful, polite, and articulate posts. It is usually the same, small amount of users that post toxic-like content. And it's usually the same, small amount of users that attack those sharing their opinions as well.

At least it is only a small amount who do that though so it is easy to spot them and avoid them although really we shouldn't even have to have a small number like that in the first place.

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Pallypoo wrote: »
    I just wasted 30 mins of my life reading this...

At least it reminded me why I stopped coming to the forums, so I guess not a total waste.

Happy simming!

Yep me too. What I love the most is the people that absolutely hate The Sims 4 and EA yet are still here feeling the need to vent all this anger and entitlement LMAO.

I'm all for constructive criticism that's always necessary in game development but the constant irrational hate and dislike with no explanation as to why you're still here baffles me. If I disliked a game or a company as much as some of the people here, I would not be in their forums hounding everyone with your "concerns".

And please don't give me the "I care about the series and I would like to see it to the glory days of 1, 2 or 3." Every new installment is a constant hounding of complaints that never take you anywhere. Have people considered that maybe The Sims 4 is not for you and that maybe you should just come back for The Sims 5? Ruining it for everyone is not helping!!

Hi :)

Well, I was going to say, "I care about the series and I would like to see it to the glory days of 1, 2, or 3" but since you dismiss me out of hand... Why should I have to say over and over and over and over why I'm still here?

You don't care, they don't care because my problems with the game have a time limit. I'm HERE because this is THE Sims site and, seeing how I have bought the game, I CAN be here. :)

Thank you and Have a Wonderful Simming Day.

Oh, right. I don't Totally Hate the Game, I find it boring and empty of any challenge. Plus there's no CAW/WE. :cookie:

<3<3<3
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    I know this won't matter but still I'll say it.

I despise SimsVIP site. From the moment I saw it the first time till today and I'll never change my mind. It's a mish mash of everything that outputs nothing and there are better fan sites out there (Carl's for example).

But in this case, I'm 100% with SimsVIP.
    This is internet. No censorship!

EA has every right to use "plum" censor on it's sites they pay for like this forum, but should learn to stay out of others' kitchen especially when that's their own fans' site they don't fund.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »

I despise SimsVIP site. From the moment I saw it the first time till today and I'll never change my mind. It's a mish mash of everything that outputs nothing and there are better fan sites out there (Carl's for example).

EA has every right to use "plum" censor on it's sites they pay for like this forum, but should learn to stay out of others' kitchen especially when that's their own fans' site they don't fund.
    This censorship, does that only concern covering a simmer's nickname or does it concern more than that?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    I feel like we're really stretching the use of the word "censorship" here.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    So, because simplumsite claims every fan site was kicked out, EA should provide proof it isn´t so?

I feel very disoriented.

Usually the one who claims something provides the proof.

it would be easier for EA to prove that it isn't so, than for a fansite to check their claims. In order for one to prove that EVERYONE got kicked out, they have to know every fan site that exists. In order for EA to prove that they did not kick everyone out all they have to do is say "we invited this, this and this fansite".

So, you are saying, every time someone makes a claim, you expect EA to give you proof of their innocense?

I wouldn´t hold my breath.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    So, because simplumsite claims every fan site was kicked out, EA should provide proof it isn´t so?

I feel very disoriented.

Usually the one who claims something provides the proof.

it would be easier for EA to prove that it isn't so, than for a fansite to check their claims. In order for one to prove that EVERYONE got kicked out, they have to know every fan site that exists. In order for EA to prove that they did not kick everyone out all they have to do is say "we invited this, this and this fansite".

So, you are saying, every time someone makes a claim, you expect EA to give you proof of their innocense?

Why would they even need say who (as you put it) kicked out!!! That would be going against their own privacy rules. Furthermore not getting an invite to something has never meant they were kicked out. I strongly suggest you a non biased research on the matter. Google is great tool!!! I did mine and what I have found is that a great of the sites who people say are "kicked out" did get invited to a different event. Just because it wasn't to the event they wanted don't men they have been kicked out of the loop as to what is trying to portrayed here.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited September 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

This censorship, does that only concern covering a simmer's nickname or does it concern more than that?

I'm not sure if this is a rhetorical question or not, but the forum post that was screen-shot and posted on VIP has been deleted/temporarily removed for review (depending on whether you're an optimist or a pessimist), and the request was to focus on the forum announcement that she made instead. Rather than to ask VIP to remove her user name, she was being asked to delete that article and write about another thread instead.

In that light, I can see it as attempting to manipulate what was being reported. That doesn't mean that I'm defending VIP because I don't think they handled the whole incident well at all; they come across as being angry because they weren't invited to the Sims Camp,

All I gotta say about that is, "join the crowd! I've *never* been invited to a Sims Camp!" ;)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    edited September 2016

Just out of respect SimsVIP should have covered up the simmer's name and she DID post something that was on Ea's Sims forum. I don't think it's wrong for EA to ask her to remove it since the comment in question was from thier site and not a fan site.
  • Options

I'm not sure if this is a rhetorical question or not, but the forum post that was screen-shot and posted on VIP has been deleted/temporarily removed for review (depending on whether you're an optimist or a pessimist), and the request was to focus on the forum announcement that she made instead. Rather than to ask VIP to remove her user name, she was being asked to delete that article and write about another thread instead.

In that light, I can see it as attempting to manipulate what was being reported. That doesn't mean that I'm defending VIP because I don't think they handled the whole incident well at all; they come across as being angry because they weren't invited to the Sims Camp,

All I gotta say about that is, "join the crowd! I've *never* been invited to a Sims Camp!" ;)

I have never been invited either and neither have thousands of other Simmers :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    chidoriaidachidoriaida Posts: 282 Member
    Before we start judging and pointing fingers, we should listen to both sides' stories. The article posted here only shows one side's story.
  • Options
    knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 1,268 Member
    While I have seen evidence of Alexis/SimsVIP doing some questionable acts over the past several years, this is not one of them. Everyone of us here is posting on a publicly accessible forum. And according to the EA privacy policy, none of us has the expectation of privacy or confidentiality here. It's not SimGuruDrake's or some other EA employee's jobs to police other people's websites. Couldn't SimsVIP redact the username and profile picture of the individual in the post? Sure, but it's not obligatory.

Are people really that shocked to find out that anything they post online could be used on other websites, regenerated and modified? SimGuruDrake should have sent the user the link to the privacy policy and told the user that she doesn't have any control over what other people do with publicly made comments. Now if SimsVIP had referenced that user and defamed or bullied them, I'd totally be on that user's side.

If Maxis chooses to drop SimsCommunity or SimsVIP or any other fansite from their influence program because they spoke out against SimGuruDrake, Maxis will be the one to suffer since it's the fansites that are doing all the marketing for TS4. Without the fansites, you can pretty much nail TS4 and possibly the rest of the franchise in the coffin now.

All of this just reaffirms to me that SimGuruDrake is not fit to be a community manager and that Maxis is dead to me. If Maxis actually created games that rocked, I could get past the horrible PR. I deal with Verizon's bad customer service and high plans 24/7, yet I won't give up Verizon for the world simply because Verizon's coverage blows everyone else's out the water.

This (bolded part) x 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

• Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Before we start judging and pointing fingers, we should listen to both sides' stories. The article posted here only shows one side's story.
    The other side is here.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited September 2016
    And in two weeks Drake will have made an announcement that she's accepted a new job offer and will be moving on from TS4 by choice......

No, but it all seriousness I really think Srake was trying to help out the simmer who wanted her name blacked out on vip.

Vip turned this into something it never was imo.

Very unprofessional by vip & drake shouldn't of crossed that line even if it was to help a simmer :(
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Thank you :) So it was more than just removing the name. But you see, my husband is a journalist and he gets this kind of requests all the time. And sometimes he agrees to it (if he thinks it's plausible) and sometimes - most of the time - he doesn't. Never did he make a public circus out of it, why would he. I don't understand why she couldn't just say no privately, via e-mail (and stop being an influencer if she ever was one but an influencer can never be a journalist and a journalist can never be an influencer) and respectfully blur the name of NZsimm3r. This was nothing more than a friendly request. "Censorship" has the smell of blackmail to it and I don't see that here.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Lady SugarLady Sugar Posts: 201 Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm still waiting for @SimGuruDrake to tell us her side of the story. Like one user here said, it's good to know both sides of the story. So i'm still waiting for her to deny it, defend herself, give some explanation, or whatever. But i'd like her to say something about this mess.
    tumblr_o37da4s0cH1tqr095o1_500.gif
    "Here's my invitation baby. Hope it set us free, to know each other better. Put your love all over me"
    -"Invitation" Britney Spears.

R.I.P The Sims.
  • Options
    Lady Sugar wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for @SimGuruDrake to tell us her side of the story. Like one user here said, it's good to know both sides of the story. So i'm still waiting for her to deny it, defend herself, give some explanation, or whatever. But i'd like her to say something about this mess.
    SGD's side of the story is literally in that letter. What do you want her to deny? And why should she defend herself? Remember, qui s'excuse s'accuse (he/she who excuses oneself, accuses oneself).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    shadowiciashadowicia Posts: 591 Member
    edited September 2016

Thank you :) So it was more than just removing the name. But you see, my husband is a journalist and he gets this kind of requests all the time. And sometimes he agrees to it (if he thinks it's plausible) and sometimes - most of the time - he doesn't. Never did he make a public circus out of it, why would he.

Simple, she wanted people to take her side.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

no, I just believe it would be good PR to do so. Would solve all of this heated internet in one post actually.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2016
    shadowicia wrote: »

Just out of respect SimsVIP should have covered up the simmer's name and she DID post something that was on Ea's Sims forum. I don't think it's wrong for EA to ask her to remove it since the comment in question was from thier site and not a fan site.

I don't agree. People copy things from here all day long in many places. Not just on SimsVIP. You don't have to be logged in here to capture public statements. Some of you should visit the boarsnest (spelling) site where half are quoted often. ETA: Correction. That should have read 🐸🐸🐸🐸 site. Many would be offended.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top