Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMSVIP about the forum! VERY INTERESTING.

Comments

• Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    I could create a forum but it lot more work than what some of you know. I would have to pretty much make sure to obey laws and upkeep databases and security issues as well. In the end I believe a lot of this EA fault. It's getting out of control. EA if they aren't careful in their communication with the fans of Sims2, Sims3 and sims4 might end up in hard place.
  • Options
    ZhakiraPZhakiraP Posts: 1,439 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    I'm waiting for EA communication to come back about this tomorrow. Things that I would like:
    - proof that not every fan site was kicked out of getting early access to stuff and that this access is not exclusive to only youtubers now
    - polite explanation about how SimsVIP is acting out of hand and continuation of our lives
    - Things that I would not like:
    - all these threads disappear without a single official word
    - we are told that it's all our fault and we'll get even less communication

So, because simplumsite claims every fan site was kicked out, EA should provide proof it isn´t so?

I feel very disoriented.

Usually the one who claims something provides the proof.
    53218870167_a5d450f1db_h.jpg
  • Options
    XMachiaXXMachiaX Posts: 122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Criticism and feedback is important to any game. The developers, managers, powers that be need to know what issues players are having, what players would like to see and need to know why players are unhappy with the product at hand.

Sadly, that does not happen on over half of the complaint threads ( IMO, I do read a lot of the complaint threads ). While they might start off valid points, they quickly dissolve into it no longer being feedback on the game and it goes into attacks and name calling on other players. Soon thereafter the entire thread gets deleted. It would seem that there are some people who don't want to give feedback, don't want to have a conversation, don't want to discuss ... they just want to disrupt and watch drama.

Truthfully, the same can be said for the happy threads. They start off alright, but end up the same way.

I couldn't agree more. What's happening the last months, maybe even longer, is not even close to feedback and criticism. It's really annoying me! Why can't Simmers try to communicate with manner and accept other opinions? Some Threads are worse than a kindergarten fight -_-# I'm not even a bit surprised, that EA might reduce the communication with the community. Because seriously? Some Simmers complain about upcoming content that's not even been released yet! How stupid is that? That's like a child saying: I don't wanna eat it, because I have never eaten that before. I really have enough of that.

meeoun wrote: »
    It use to work. But I agree, it doesn't work now. Especially when you have just ONE Guru trying to actively engage with the community about the game. Engage with a vocal majority that has issues with said game.

As for the censorship issue, the user was upset because they were receiving harassing messages from strangers due to the misinterpreted context of the quote. It wasn't until after the harassment that the user complained.

It makes sense. I mean, imagine someone taking, photoshopping and sharing your picture to make a meme out of it to poke fun...Then have a bunch of creeps message you about it.

Engaging with the community wouldn't work, even if more Gurus manage the community. The opinions of Simmers are just TOO different. Some Simmers are satisfied, some complain, some do petitions, some Simmers do blackmailing ((?) If you don't change the game the way I want it, I will stop buying it -_-)

I kinda followed the censorship issue... but maybe I'm old... or I don't know... but I kind of hate that part of the internet. Everyone can write and do what they want and then something like that happens... someone tries to solve the issue, someone makes it worse and so on. I'm not for censorship and also not for whitewashing things, BUT some ethics should be followed, even in the internet. It will never happen, but the wish is there xD

Post edited by XMachiaX on
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I can't blame EA for any of this. The Sims community is toxic and full of entitled whiners. If people would treat EA with the respect they deserve, there wouldn't be any problems.

Respect goes both ways.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    You know, I've been openly critical of Sims 4, and I hope I have been able to articulate why. I've never received a warning, much less a ban. I hope to keep it that way. It's more difficult once you get involved with heated debate, I suppose, but I try not to as getting mad in a gaming forum over a game seems counterproductive.

My only dealings with SimguruDrake have been positive, but I doubt she even knows who I am. But she's been responsive, at least, the few times I've asked her for help. Above and beyond, really.

Similer to me I have also been critical of TS4 and dispite a few run ins I have found the moderation to be fair most of the time.

The way I see it is that if you respect the mods then they will respect you back and I have never seen anyone official here actually disrespect players in a personal way. :smile:

Same with me. I too have been critical. I have talked about how I feel bout the lack venues, lack of space and how I feel this game is just great big party. Never have I received a warning, been in jail or banned or anything. I do have to admit though that when the patch came with the new gender options I thought I was going to get into some sort of trouble. I admit I wasn't very respectful to those you degrading people who are in fact transgender. Then again what I consider the level of nastiness of my behavior to be didn't ever hold a candle to what I have seen others do.

Criticism and feedback is important to any game. The developers, managers, powers that be need to know what issues players are having, what players would like to see and need to know why players are unhappy with the product at hand.

Sadly, that does not happen on over half of the complaint threads ( IMO, I do read a lot of the complaint threads ). While they might start off valid points, they quickly dissolve into it no longer being feedback on the game and it goes into attacks and name calling on other players. Soon thereafter the entire thread gets deleted. It would seem that there are some people who don't want to give feedback, don't want to have a conversation, don't want to discuss ... they just want to disrupt and watch drama.

Truthfully, the same can be said for the happy threads. They start off alright, but end up the same way.

This is so very true!!! The ONLY time anything I have ever posted has been deleted is when the whole thread has been deleted due to reasons you have stated. I too agree the feedback is important, good, bad or indifferent thing do tend to get out of hand. What I don't agree with is the thought process that some people have. Some people feel the need to jump on those who have different opinion then they do and some get highly offended just for that reason. There is no point to it at all. Just because someone has a different opinion then I do don't give me or anyone the right go and attack them. It jus makes more sense to respect the others persons views and not have to start a great big huge war over the matter.

It is a great shame that some players feel the need to come into a thread that they know they won't like and start debating with everyone.

Lik let's say you don't want vampires in the game but someone has started a thread suggesting ideas for them and someone goes in saying how vampires spoil their game but rather than just a quick 'I am not interested in vampires in the game thanks' they continue to fight everyone else in the thread.

Nothing against vampires though, I was just using that as an example.

You are completely right!!! If it isn't something you are interested why post something if you don't have anything constructive to say in a respectable manner. I myself have not been a huge fan of the supernatural Sims in my game but I have always had the option to not pay with them. That isn't going to stop me from sharing some ideas within that thread that the players who love then wouldn't enjoy though. There has been many threads that I have shared ideas in that I had no interest in having it in my game. Just because it is something I want don't mean can't support those that do. Even if I didn't support the idea in general, I still wouldn't go and jump down their neck about it. I see no point in it at all!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Kudo's to Alexis @ SimsVIP

People are looking at this from a single source point - and it is not. It is a collective number of things over time that has occurred that have the community up in arms and when you add fuel to a fire, at some point, it will explode. This has been an ongoing thing since Sims 4 Launch day. But so many turned a blind eye to shenanigans and wanted to just hope for the best, I think SimsVIP and many others included. Patience. However, the the component many are not referencing is that perspective Alexis (and other fan site owners) have with working with EA. They know more about working with them then we do, and they're held to confidentiality too. So at some point, their own experiences, plus their observations will come to a tipping point.

Also, in my 16 years on the forums I've never seen this type of mess. I'm disappointed with the overall "The Sims Franchise" right now. It's a mockery.

Myself, like many in this thread, are even fearful of posting our true thoughts and opinions because we're worried about being banned. Winds change all the time. No need to be caught in a storm, ride it out.
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    ZhakiraP wrote: »
    So, because simplumsite claims every fan site was kicked out, EA should provide proof it isn´t so?

I feel very disoriented.

Usually the one who claims something provides the proof.

it would be easier for EA to prove that it isn't so, than for a fansite to check their claims. In order for one to prove that EVERYONE got kicked out, they have to know every fan site that exists. In order for EA to prove that they did not kick everyone out all they have to do is say "we invited this, this and this fansite".
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    edited September 2016
    I can't blame EA for any of this. The Sims community is toxic and full of entitled whiners. If people would treat EA with the respect they deserve, there wouldn't be any problems.

Seriously? You're talking about a multi-million dollar company, not a person. If a company sells something and I feel I received an inferior product I have every right to say so.

and there's no problem with that, as long as you do so in a civil manner

"EA is horrible!!! No toddlers after 2 years!!! Wah Wah Wah!" doesn't help anybody.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    catitude5 wrote: »

Respect goes both ways.
    Calling the place "full of entitled whiners" for instance is far from respectful and very toxic.

this!!! Ty JoAnne65 :)) It really really amazes me how some people do not notice that they do exactly the same thing they so complain about:)
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    Conclue wrote: »
    Kudo's to Alexis @ SimsVIP

People are looking at this from a single source point - and it is not. It is a collective number of things over time that has occurred that have the community up in arms and when you add fuel to a fire, at some point, it will explode. This has been an ongoing thing since Sims 4 Launch day. But so many turned a blind eye to shenanigans and wanted to just hope for the best, I think SimsVIP and many others included. Patience. However, the the component many are not referencing is that perspective Alexis (and other fan site owners) have with working with EA. They know more about working with them then we do, and they're held to confidentiality too. So at some point, their own experiences, plus their observations will come to a tipping point.

Also, in my 16 years on the forums I've never seen this type of mess. I'm disappointed with the overall "The Sims Franchise" right now. It's a mockery.

Myself, like many in this thread, are even fearful of posting our true thoughts and opinions because we're worried about being banned. Winds change all the time. No need to be caught in a storm, ride it out.

Well said @Conclue :))
    00.jpg

Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I'm relatively new to posting here (been a lurker for years, though) and it seems to me that EA wants the forums and community to be the same way it wants Sims 4 to be- sunshine and roses and nothing bad ever happens. Unfortunately, when you make a simulation game about LIFE, you must accept that bad things happen, too, and, when you make a forum for players of said game, you have to realize that not everyone is going to agree or always post positive comments. I feel a lot of the negativity in this forum (and elsewhere) has directly sprung from EA's close mouthed policies and poor communication with fans. I don't blame those who are angry, and sadly it is going to drive some of us away from each other and a game we all love (at least some version of it, anyway). I'm just hoping this incident is an eye opener for everyone involved and improvements can be made soon.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Lady Sugar wrote: »
    With all due respect. I've seen a lot of people getting banned for nothing. We cannot express ourselves without being scared of getting banned.

Yep. Disliking Chinese food is not xenophobia.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Seriously? You're talking about a multi-million dollar company, not a person. If a company sells something and I feel I received an inferior product I have every right to say so.

and there's no problem with that, as long as you do so in a civil manner

"EA is horrible!!! No toddlers after 2 years!!! Wah Wah Wah!" doesn't help anybody.

Most people do say it in a respectful manner though. Sure you get the odd snide remark which is out of tone and even I have seen a few toddler requests which come off as exaggerated but the majority of concerns are legit and done properly.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I think this is the day I leave the forums for a month or two...
  • Options
    dorcsyful wrote: »

Don't @dorcsyful... do not let the drama influence you.. focus on good threads, go to section where people share the ideas about sims 4 or off topic threads:)) try to have positive thoughts:)) * hugs*
    00.jpg

• Options

I am sorry that you feel that way :(

Like I said though there are many good Simmers here and the good outweigh the bad by thousands :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »

Don't @dorcsyful... do not let the drama influence you.. focus on good threads, go to section where people share the ideas about sims 4 or off topic threads:)) try to have positive thoughts:)) * hugs*

I tried but as I menitioned in another thread: it's basically impossible.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I can't believe this has gone on for so many pages.

All I can see about this situation is an external website making a very public swipe at Sim Guru Drake. I really fail to see how the owner of the sims VIP is a victim of censorship.

The cynical side of me can't help but think the article is nothing but a click bait exercise.

It seems to be the fashionable thing at the moment to insult EA and one person does it and lots more jump on the bandwagon.

I'm not saying I don't have frustrations with them, I do. But throwing around personal insults is not the way to get them to sit up and take notice.

I've lurked on this board for many years prior to joining and I do think certain parts of the board are toxic. I'm by no way 100% satisfied with the game but I actually stopped posting for a few months because I hated the atmosphere on the board. I hated how the majority of certain areas of the board were taken up by discussions demanding a certain life group and the ironic thing was there was so many posters acting like that certain life group in the process. Not all I should add! But it did put me off joining in.

The day we got the transgender patch to me was a sad day on the board, not because of the patch itself, but some people's reactions were very over the top to down right insulting because people thought we should be getting toddlers first. Toddlers were more important in some people eyes.

For me I guess "It's not what you say, it's how you say it"
  • Options
    @Goldbear86 I am sorry that you have noticed things like that on the forums :(

Sadly there are good and bad on both sides of the coin but as I said else where, the good Simmers outweigh the more toxic by a long way :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    teaa5 wrote: »

I tried but as I menitioned in another thread: it's basically impossible.

@dorcsyful then take a small break... but don't give up:) this forum is not so bad.. people have a lot of amazing ideas, there are plenty of people who are kind and show their support and plenty of people who can fool around and put a smile on your face:) * hugs to you*
    00.jpg

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    @Goldbear86 I am sorry that you have noticed things like that on the forums :(

Sadly there are good and bad on both sides of the coin but as I said else where, the good Simmers outweigh the more toxic by a long way :smile:

I know, but sometimes it's hard to see the good as it's buried. Now I just stick to certain areas of the board. It's easier.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited September 2016
    You know I am kind of curious how this is all going to end as in how EA is going to handle all of this. I've got my popcorn ready!! I have to be honest though I am hoping that all ties between EA and SimVIP have come to an end. I don't even know why she as ever given any form of special privileges to begin with. Skeletons in the closet always do find they way out and some things are never forgotten.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top