Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    I'm still working on my Wild West updates with Roy and Holly. But I also went into my Twinbrook game last night (the one with all the pets). I wanted to see if Di and Dudley would be getting any rent from their 3 new roommates. None so far. >:) But it certainly has become a very active household even without my controlling all of them. :o

First, a little update about Di. Full story and more pics here: Expect the Unexpected

Every time Di turned around, Anna and Dudley were pairing up together.
    PajamaParty.jpg

Then of all things, one night on a full moon, Di had an unexpected visitor. A very mysterious elderly gentleman came calling. Mr. Qedef Qomiphash. Di supposed he must be a foreigner. But no matter who his people were, Mr. Qomiphash had very nice manners indeed.
    AlienFullMoon%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Di was sure Mr. Qomiphash didn't have any dark family secrets like Dudley. She doubted the gentleman lived in a swamp or had relatives sending him evil gnomes!
    EvilGnome.jpg
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    I'm so excited! I've been playing with my favorite sim, Sydney Law. For anyone unfamiliar (which I'm assuming would be all of you) I played with the Law family for 3-4 gens in Lucky Palms and the file got very bad so I had to move them out of it. They lost all their family and friends, which I'm honestly still sad about :D . Syd was not always a girl, though.. Nope, she was born as Maxwell Law. She changed her name (and gender!) as a teenager in LP. She got married very young to her high school sweetheart, Lilli (Lili? I honestly don't know.. I think it's Lilli!) Her mom died on her birthday (she actually died on her birthday twice! The first time my game crashed so it was never saved, of course.) and her father died on her wedding day. After a while (when the save got really bad) I had to move them quickly from LP to another town. There was no time to save important sims, which sucks but what can you do? Lilli was pregnant before they moved to Starlight Shores. She had a girl and named it Addison. When they got to SS they adopted a girl named Sephora. The only things left from LP are some of Syd's paintings, a blurry picture of Emma (Syd's mother), and a prom picture. (By the way, I turned advanced rendering off.. Yikes!) Latest greeting card: http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/holiday_card/shard000/000/009/082/52/original.jpg
    Sydney
    Screenshot-95_zpsqj3u7rgl.jpg
    Syd with Seph
    Screenshot-98_zpss5blyqp7.jpg

More pictures later.. Photobucket is being very unkind right now. Nothing significant has happened quite yet. I think Lilli and possibly Syd are gonna go to college if I can set it up corrfectly (last time I tried to set up a home-world college my game crashed shortly after..) I know I didn't share much information about them but there's so much to share that it would be so long, plus I'm so excited to be playing with my favorite sim again that I can't really gather my thoughts. I have no idea when I will update again. I haven't been playing much because my computer really was not made to game, but hopefully I can play them soon. Sorry this post was such a mess. Have a lovely night, everyone! :smile:
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    GernadiaGernadia Posts: 677 Member
    @TadOlson Thank you. I like the storage unit you made.
    @JoAnne65 LOL yes it was a bit over chilly for everyone involved.
    @LBell Nice beach day!
    @king_of_simcity7 Thank you. Really liked the update.
    @wendyyi1 Wow, two nights in a row.
    @Jeansoo Loved the grim reaper update.
    @Evalen Great update.
    @MzPigglyPooh I've not had it happen in any of my games yet but I'd heard of it happening. "That Darn Cat"
    @Karritz Nice update, wish I could see a pic of the dogs riding the boats, lol.
    @lanlyn Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Great update and pics. :smile:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    @Gernadia I'll try to do some pictures soon. I did get at least one shot of a boat with just a dog in it but all that can be seen is the boat. I may have another go at getting them to go somewhere on a boat and try to get a pic of them in the boat.

In the meantime - Gene has made his Simbot.

Naturally I had problems. Firstly, I couldn't get my group of Sims to move out of the house. The game said the house had to have a fridge and sufficient beds for everyone. Well I checked twice and counted the beds and cots and there were enough with one to spare.

So I moved Bess in alone then did a merge households to get enough of them to move out to that house to allow Gene's new SimBot to be adopted.

Then I did another merge households to get them all back in again. That led to problems. I had 17 Sims (including pets) in the household before the initial move and addition of the SimBot. After the merge households to get them all back home again I had only 16 Sims in the household including pets and the new SimBot.

I tried doing NRAAS > Master Controller > Sim > Reset Sim but that did nothing.

So I decided to try NRAAS > Master Controller > Add Sim > Age > Toddler

I got a list of toddlers from town. There were 2 in the list and one was Belinda Bombay (one of my missing Sims).

Then I had to work out who else was missing. I discovered it was Bess.

So I did NRAAS > Master Controller > Add Sim > Age > Young Adult and the list of young adults was quite long but Bess was in it so I grabbed her and now I have them all safely home.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @LBell -I usually do my own builds with store content added to the build.Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @phoebebebe13 -I don't mind 1000 acres as long as I'm not more than ten miles from stores and more than a mile or two from the closest neighbors.
    @wendyyi1 -Great pictures!
    @Jeansoo -I hope it's the one from the store lot and not the other one you added.That looks like fun.
    @emorrill -It might be best if you had a sim made to look like the reaper or had the one from the store lot.
    @king_of_simcity7 -Great update!
    @Evalen -Great update!
    @MzPigglyPooh -That sounds like you had fun trying something new.
    @lanlyn -Thanks for the comment.I downloaded that set from MTS.Great update!
    @Breazona -Great update!I had some old saves go bad before using Mods because the social workers deleted sims from those games.
    @Gernadia -Thanks for the comment.I just used a CC set from MTS to build the unit.
    @Karritz -Great update!I've had glitches before like home inspections being enabled when I was trying to move sims into town and it stopped me from being able to move new families in.I turned that off because I don't need that with HomeOpener.
    Storybrook County,Maine-Fall-1551.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up and getting ready for the day quickly before it got light out.
    29018362704_ae87af1c66.jpg
    They got to work on chores after breakfast and got ready to start studying until time for work.
    29018359874_76f451d1b1.jpg
    They spent most of the morning working on writing their stories until it was time to get ready for work.
    29020232673_cc5ac6cc8f.jpg
    They both left for work at 3:30 in the afternoon.
    29020222373_8c8577eb75.jpg
    It was 7PM when they got off work and added some new wall sections for a second bedroom.
    29609510476_6b1b3b2c07.jpg
    They got into bed by 8PM and went to sleep.
    29609503166_44764b2895.jpg
    Tanner and Tracy Ivanovitch were getting into bed at 10PM after work.
    29609500286_10fae0dd6c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    Hi all! Wonderful stories & pics :) Here's my latest, A Seawitch-Siren & her jellyfish house.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @TadOlson It would be hard to find 1000 acres 10 minutes from any town. You could start your own town after you buy the 1000 acres :p I live rural and acreage here is expensive.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @lanlyn Thanks for the comment and nice pictures :smile:

@Breazona Nice picture of mother and toddler :smile:

@Gernadia Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@TadOlson Thanks for the comment and nice pictures :smile:

@imdragonit Great pictures! :smiley:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi you´ll

Many things have been happening at Versailles lately,

This young couple (Luke D´Ampheis and Izzy De Castro) has start its new life as a family at its tiny pretty house

Screenshot-185_zpshymvqc1h.jpg

Screenshot-187_zpsknl2ipod.jpg

Screenshot-189_zpspbegbpaa.jpg

Screenshot-186_zpsa8ng74of.jpg

There has been a birthday party at Waddesdon Mannor, Patricia (doughter of Peter Pan and Wendy) is now a beautifull girl

Love has touched Maichel Darling´s heart and he is starting a relationship with Lily Tucker-Prittchet

OMG! photobucket is not working anymore for me now so I´ll post the pics later

firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    @junceda Beautiful pictures :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited September 2016
    After arriving, they started up what seemed to be a road and Dewey ran into a strange man swimming at night, he told him what happen, the strange man told Dewey that everyone on Volcan, arrived here the same way years ago, except for the ones born here. Only the building were here. The first people who arrived by way of a cruise ship that sunk also. They have made it their home.
    w1hxu.jpg
    Dewey asked him where he could stay. The stranger informed him that because of the way people arrive here that there is an old outpost that he can stay in until he can afford something else. He will then be able to buy property at the city hall in the Civic Center.
    2cfqz5u.jpg
    Although the stranger seemed friendly enough Dewey and Annie were still not sure about this strange place. Dewey told Annie that the place was called Volcan. they proceeded up the road. He ran into another man and asked him how to get to the Old Outpost. the stranger told him the way. It seems the stranger was an artist here. Dewey told him he too was an artist.
    33k7r7o.jpg
    They walked for what seemed like hours in the dark, passing strange looking building, trees and plants. horses roaming everywhere. until they cam to the old OutPost. they could not believe what they saw.
    2ldizwl.jpg
    Although the place was so run down, they were so tired that they just fell asleep, Dewey assuring Annie things would be better in the morning.
    2v8n0yg.jpg
    In the morning Dewey found a journal that another tenet had left here. It told a little about the how he got here, just like them. he did say that the town was friendly, but he missed home. He started to write something about Aliens, but he stopped writing.
    2whifqu.jpg
    they both set out to discover the town and where they were. they discovered some wonderful places
    the volcan Mall was amazing, everything was there, and people all around, It was an amazing place, book store, groceries, school, spa, and a place to eat. Everyone seemed to be happy and enjoying them self
    2rgcl1k.jpg
    307p5q8.jpg
    2n0ojeq.jpg
    They then found the Civic Center, Where the City hall, police, military, Business Building and Hospital. Seemed like this place had it all.
    2pocrk5.jpg
    15nmvs2.jpg
    there was a lot going on at the mall, with someone playing music and people dancing and having fun.
    264ge8z.jpg
    Dewey went back to the old outpost, talking abut Volcan, how beautiful it was. How the Mall and civic center where both under some kind of domes, was it because of the weather or something else. Dewey after talking with some people decide he would start painting with some paints and canvas he found in the Old Outpost and sell them in town. Annie said someone told her that Volcan did have a Library with computers and she said she would finish writing her book and also sell it in town. They needed to make some money so they could get out of the Old Post. After all Annie did want children, but was this a good place to have a child, and how long would they be here.

Will post more later.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member

Awesome story and pics @evalen
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    @junceda Thanks, I am really enjoying.
  • Options
    @Evalen Great pictures! :smiley:

A few updates from me with Carla and a guy called Paul who she is interested in but Paul seems to send off mixed signals

14372431_1803749816574369_8076342050029851196_o.jpg

14362574_1803750496574301_5521835395896124647_o.jpg

14310288_1803750429907641_2357331330432031088_o.jpg

Paul knows how to work his magic

14362557_1803750343240983_718576853681524009_o.jpg

It is not long before he gets her into bed

14352180_1803750319907652_436784383455812040_o.jpg

Afterwards he has to go off somewhere. Carla is not impressed

14289961_1803750446574306_3812588926582257324_o.jpg

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    TS3-Alice Shea got promoted to level 8 medical career, while her husband Oliver was promoted to level 3 music career. Their son Alec aged up to a child, and has begun his passion, painting. School is not necessarily his thing however. He skips homework to paint..

TS4-Callie has started her first day at work. She is a game guru, and she is obsessed with her new job. Right now she is taking care of her elder parents but she hopes to one day move out of that house and live her own life.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I'm close to finishing my Riverview game and story, and then I'm planning to install Generations and University, return to a previous save which ended with a wedding, have the couple try for baby and explore the new (to me) EPs with their children.

Two random snapshots:

An autumn night in the town centre:
    345hu8n.jpg

Stevie bumps into @CravenLestat 's simself playing the drums in the consignment shop:
    2v00htd.jpg
  • Options
    @wendyyi1 , your alien always seems to be doing amusing things!

@lanlyn , I liked Di's thoughts about the nice elderly alien. The evil gnome's grin in your last picture is really creepy!

@king_of_simcity7 , Carla is very pretty!

@Evalen , I like the beginning of your story. It's so intriguing!

@junceda , your Sim couple is beautiful and so is their home!

@imdragonit , I love the idea of a jellyfish house!
  • Options
    GernadiaGernadia Posts: 677 Member
    @Karritz Oh my, you had to go through a lot to get that sim bot in there. :smiley:
    @TadOlson Thanks and great update.
    @imdragonit Your witch and house look cool.
    @junceda Really great pics and update, it all looks amazing.
    @Evalen Enjoying the story. :smile:
    @king_of_simcity7 Nice update, poor Carla.
    @PalmArrow Great update.
  • Options
    @PalmArrow Thanks for the feedback and nice pictures :smile:

@Gernadia Thanks I haven't yet thought of a nice boyfriend for her yet
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @king_of_simcity7 wow, some love story going on. Hope she finds someone nice.
    @PalmArrow love your town center, very nice
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Ok some new pictures from me :smile:

Lead role is Amber but she needs to have a boyfriend only for him to dump her...

14361219_1803405549942129_3904812086584256955_o.jpg

@king_of_simcity7
    OK, I finally figured it out. Your sim Amber looks a lot like @PalmArrow 's Molly Bluejay!
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    MinkFurMinkFur Posts: 164 Member
    edited September 2016
    Lol. I'm SOOOOOO LAAATEEE to this thread. (lmao truth be told nothing that interesting has been happening in my game XD). but here it is..

My Generation 12 heir (the bride), got married today! She got married to the youngest son of a wealthy alien/sim couple that i made :)

heirwedding_zps9st2wzzi.jpg
    newsig_zps30nrzgoc.png
  • Options
    @Evalen thanks for the coment :smile:

@KevinL5275 I am sure who that Sim is but Amber is a very one of a kind type of Sim :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited September 2016
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Luckily he upgraded his umbrella so it won't break on him.

How do you upgrade an umbrella? I've clicked on them and all I get is "use." Even with a handy sim with maxed handiness. *confused*
    @KevinL5275 You need to put them on the floor in order to upgrade them
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    I think I tried that too, but I will try it again. Thank you! :)

Nope, I took an obviously trashed umbrella with holes in it, put it on the floor, and had a level 10 handy sim work on it. His only interaction was "put in inventory" or "tinker." I had him tinker on it, and he spent several sim hours on it with no results, and no progress bar under the action. I canceled the action and the umbrella still had holes/tears in it.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    @KevinL5275 , I agree, there is definitely a similarity in face shape and the hairstyle is the same. The features not so much. @king_of_simcity7 , this is Molly:

jq0pzn.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top