Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    2 nooboos! <3
    Farrah seems to be feeling more comfortable in her own skin...she is becoming more mature it seems. :)
    I love the twins names, too!
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Yeah twins! I can't wait to see them age up :# Great update!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Farrah's gonna make a great mother =)
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    I finally caught up! i think the proposal was the first time we've heard Farrah say she loves Maxime? I wasn't too sure how she felt about him. To be honest I'm still not. I'm sure she does care for him, but it seems quite... Lukewarm. but then again, we know Farrah, she's not exactly one for dramatic gestures. She likes to mull things over.

I think Maxime is a nice guy, but he definitely somewhat guilted Farrah into the baby thing. I don't think it was intentional, but still... Personally, him repeating how much he wants to start a family with her from practically day one really put me off of him, it just seemed kind of desperate. If I was in Farrah's shoes it would be a huge turnoff for me. Again, I don't think there's anything wrong with his personality. I'm just not sure how much of his grand love for Farrah is actually his fear of his bilogical clock ticking..l

It was nice to see Valentine again, he looks good. Troian was such a jerk to him. I mean, he didn't really do anything wrong. He was a confused teenage boy that barely knew what he wanted himself. Is that really something that justifies holding a grudge for several years, Troian? Me thinks not.

Edit: oh, and I forgot to say how adorable Iris is! I just want to hug her!

You're perspective is really, really one of my faves! Glad you caught up <3
    I believe Farrah has thrown a few I love you's his way before, but this was the first time she said it first! So great eye from your side ;) And she is certainly developing.

Almost all the chapters are from Farrah's POV, which means when we read about Maxime being pushy that is her experience. When we read about him being sweet it is also her experience. Maxime's love is only displayed through her eyes and that makes the story a whole lot more complicated, definitely something to think about :smirk:

Troian was being a jerk indeed, but she might have felt vulnerable since she was just discussing her parting with her current boyfriend. Maybe in another situations she would've been less of a you-know-what. Maybe not, their story is definitely not over yet, though. :)

And Iris is most definitely huggable :lol:
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    2 nooboos! <3
    Farrah seems to be feeling more comfortable in her own skin...she is becoming more mature it seems. :)
    I love the twins names, too!

She is indeed! Being a mother makes you grow up, and thank you! It was a big struggle choosing!
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Yeah twins! I can't wait to see them age up :# Great update!

Twinning=winning :lol:
    Can't wait either and thank you! <3
    Farrah's gonna make a great mother =)

I bet she will! <3
  • Options
    3.27 Curiosity

13-7-16_13-51-58.png

Farrah took a deep breath as she swallowed back a tear, before turning the page. She was reading her own drafts from when she just started and felt nostalgic being remember by how her fantasy had been compared to what it was now. She slowly lowered the book as she took another breath, staring at nothing in particular. Maxime had send her out after taking care of their twins for the entirety of the day. She gladly had taken the free time, knowing their children were in good hands with him. The only issue being how devoted they both were to their job, and Maxime had proven himself more devoted many times, which made Farrah often staying at home.
    She hadn't been able to write like this since before the birth of her twins.

13-7-16_14-04-45.png

"Farrah Grace." Farrah turned her head in surprise, unaware of the woman whom had just joined her. "Is she any good?" It took Farrah a minute to realise the woman was talking about the name on the cover of her book she was holding, not calling her in person. Farrah smiled. "I like to maintain a critique look at my old works." She answered, at which the woman smiled. "You write?"
    "Every now and then." Farrah answered at which the woman blushed. "Are you a published author?" She then asked, before pointing to the bench. "Mind if I join you?" Farrah shook her head and the woman took place on the bench.

13-7-16_14-08-52.png

"I am not a published author." Farrah then added. "But I am hoping that will change in the near future." The woman smiled once again. "That would explain why I didn't recognize the writer, uhm, you." She mumbled, before reaching out. "My name is Mirjam, I am a librarian." Farrah smiled as she took Mirjam's hand. "And I am Farrah." She joked. Mirjam nodded as she placed her just released hand on her lap. "An aspiring author, how fun. I wish I had the fantasy and talent to erupt myself in writing." She blinked a few time before glancing at her shoes. "I guess I am better of being enhanced in other people's storytelling, I am this close to having read every single book in the library." Farrah giggled. "How devoted."

13-7-16_14-09-38.png

"Devoted indeed." Mirjam agreed. "I guess you wouldn't bless me with more reading-material?" She then proceeded, softly placing her hand on the book that Farrah had now laid on her lap. Quickly she placed her own hand over Mirjam's, a bubbly electric shock shooting through it. "I... I wasn't that good back then." She stuttered. "I wouldn't live up to your expectations." Mirjam smiled friendly as she took her hand back. "How rude of me." She said, wiping away some sweat from her forehead. "But don't worry about my expectations, you have no idea what they are after all." Farrah blushed as she smiled down her lap, eyeing the book. "I could help you develop your writing if you'd like." Mirjam then offered.

13-7-16_14-11-08.png

"I mean.. I am in no means a writer, but I am a consumer of writing. I know what I like to read, I know what others like to read in the books they check out." Farrah smiled at Mirjam's enthusiasm. "I guess some feedback would be appreciated." She then gave in, making Mirjam's smile turn even wider. Softly Farrah stroke the cover of the bundle. "I.." But she was interrupted by the sound of her phone. "Excuse me." She said before bringing the phone to her ear. Within a minute she was informed that Maxime could use some help at home. "I'm sorry." Farrah said upon hanging up. "I have to go home, my fiancé is having trouble with our twins." She frowned apologetic. "Oh. That's quite alright." Mirjam said, but Farrah was pretty aware of the disappointed undertone. "Here." She said as she pushed the book in the woman's arms. "You can still read it." Mirjam smiled as Farrah took out her phone once again, writing her number down on her wrist. "You can call me, okay?"

13-7-16_14-11-42.png

"Okay." Mirjam repeated, after which Farrah stood up. "Take good care of it, it's the only copy on paper I own." Farrah added, a little concerned. "I promise." Mirjam said watching Farrah leave. "How curious." She mumbled before taking the book from the other side of the bench and slowly opening it. "Chapter 1." She recited.

13-7-16_14-12-07.png
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    So Farrah has got a new friend... :) But somehow I think Mirjam likes her more than friend although I can be wrong ;):blush:
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    So Farrah has got a new friend... :) But somehow I think Mirjam likes her more than friend although I can be wrong ;):blush:

I got the same feeling ;)
  • Options
    ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited July 2016
    Oh this was cool! I absolutely understand Farrah, it's frightening to give somebody your work to read for the first time! Especially if Mirjam is a librarian. It definitiely did seem like Mirjam may have even more interest in her then she may have implied, but on the other hand, I did get an impression that she genuinely wanted to help. I look forward to them meeting again :)
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I KNEW Maxime wasn't the love of Farrah's life. And you persuaded me to start shipping them and everything. Bad Sterretjeee!
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options

Interesting perspective! Let's see what I got planned for them ;)
    Marialein wrote: »

I got the same feeling ;)

Darn, mad suspicion going on right now :lol:
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Oh this was cool! I absolutely understand Farrah, it's frightening to give somebody your work to read for the first time! Especially if Mirjam is a librarian. It definitiely did seem like Mirjam may have even more interest in her then she may have implied, but on the other hand, I did get an impression that she genuinely wanted to help. I look forward to them meeting again :)

Yeah, Farrah definitely conquered a fear by giving her drafts to a stranger like that!
    But Mirjam was friendly and seemed genuine, maybe even too friendly and genuine as many suggest. Maybe not. I have her story lined out either way :lol:
    I KNEW Maxime wasn't the love of Farrah's life. And you persuaded me to start shipping them and everything. Bad Sterretjeee!

But they're getting married! </3
    She only just met Mirjam after all! :smirk:

• Options
    edited July 2016

*wines* But it's ooooobbbbbbviouuuuuuusssssssss
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options

Is it? Or is it reading between the lines? Who knows... Oh wait! I do :lol:
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Am I the only one who didn't think of that? It just didn't occur to me she was interested in her that way. I was rather suspicious what she's up to. :smiley:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options

Is it? Or is it reading between the lines? Who knows... Oh wait! I do :lol:

Now you're just teasing. *folds arms and is put out* :p
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who didn't think of that? It just didn't occur to me she was interested in her that way. I was rather suspicious what she's up to. :smiley:

I didn't think Mirjam was a potential love interest either. :/
  • Options
    VIRTUALEEVIRTUALEE Posts: 2,507 Member
    Oh Interesting concept - Why have I never thought of that before!!?? Of Course a librarian would be the most capable of mentoring with writing DUH!! I love the awkwardness of this chapter - glad Far had a chance at some alone time - it is so healthy :) Thanks for the update!!
  • Options

Glad not everyone is jumping to conclusions! :lol:
    I wouldn't add Mirjam if she wasn't of value for the story, but just how much she is is yet to be revealed ;)
    Ruby10990 wrote: »

I didn't think Mirjam was a potential love interest either. :/

That's not weird at all! Quite honestly I don't remember writing her that way this chapter. What she is, whether a love interest or not, will be revealed later on :)
    VIRTUALEE wrote: »
    Oh Interesting concept - Why have I never thought of that before!!?? Of Course a librarian would be the most capable of mentoring with writing DUH!! I love the awkwardness of this chapter - glad Far had a chance at some alone time - it is so healthy :) Thanks for the update!!

Yeah, Mirjam definitely wants to help this writer-to-be! And she's perfect for that part :lol:
    The occasional awkwardness just couldn't be denied. Mirjam approached a perfect stranger for the lolz!
  • Options
    Margo and Graham are going to be stunning teenagers, I just aged them up to kids and couldn't resist taking a peek in CAS. They're gorgeous! :love:
  • Options
    Margo and Graham are going to be stunning teenagers, I just aged them up to kids and couldn't resist taking a peek in CAS. They're gorgeous! :love:

Oooo I wanna see Pweeeease ;) - <3
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I would be so shy to give my writings for a stranger to read...but it's still better than give them to someone who I am acquainted to and I could potentially get embarassed by doing so! :)
  • Options

As soon as I got pictures, I'll hand them over. Cause you're sweet :lol:<3
    I would be so shy to give my writings for a stranger to read...but it's still better than give them to someone who I am acquainted to and I could potentially get embarassed by doing so! :)

That's a good point! But this is definitely not the last of Mirjam, though ;)
  • Options

As soon as I got pictures, I'll hand them over. Cause you're sweet :lol:<3

That's a good point! But this is definitely not the last of Mirjam, though ;)

YAY <3 Thanks in advance <3
  • Options

Yeah! Me too! :p:p:p
    EkpFDaf.png
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    3.28 Crashing

20-7-16_14-47-55.png

Despite her vacations to Windenberg, as well as Tatum's wedding, Farrah felt nervous being in these unfamiliar surroundings. It had been a long drive to Tatum's hard to find home, her other sister was nowhere to be seen. "So much for supporting me." Farrah sighed. She hesitated for a second, Tatum was still her sister, moving didn't make her another person. Farrah told herself. And she didn't abandon you by moving out of town. She sighed as she lifted her hand, but the door opened before she got the chance to knock.

20-7-16_14-49-52.png

"What are you doing, silly?" Tatum asked as she let Farrah in. "How long have you been standing there?" Farrah only smiled shyly, making Tatum laugh. "Troian is delayed, she was this close to being involved in a car crash." As Tatum pinched her fingers together Farrah felt a wave of guilt. Told you so, she thought to herself. "That must have been horrifying." She said instead. "Yeah, but she's on her way now. We expect her any minute. Christian is upstairs by the way. The little one was crying when I was about to change."

20-7-16_14-50-48.png

"And this one is turning." She then added, softly stroking her tiny bump. "Already!" Farrah exclaimed, looking at her pregnant sister. Every time she saw the belly she remembered why her sister had decided to move. Her old bungalow had never fitted another room, and little Charlotte got bigger too. They were no longer the family for a starter.
    "Can I feel?" Farrah asked.

20-7-16_14-55-05.png

Not much later after Tatum got dressed, Troian joined the sisters, together they took place at the dining table. "The place is gorgeous, Tate." Troian complimented as she looked over her shoulder into the living room. "Thanks Troi." She said smiling sheepishly. "You don't want to know what the real estate agent tried to sell us before coming up with this beauty, she seriously showed us some basement for rent. And the old owner still had the keys." Farrah shivered. "Yuck." "Yuck indeed, but she kept giving us this plastic smile telling us that a new lock was just a tiny adjustment for such a 'gorgeous' place. It had something puke-y on the wall, Far." Farrah laughed. "Can't believe you didn't buy it." She joked.

20-7-16_14-54-20.png

"Is your old place sold yet, Tate?" Troian asked. "No, not yet. But we had to go, I'm only getting bigger after all." She laughed. "Why? Is it something for you?" Troian shook her head. "I... Me and Hester have a place right now." Farrah straightened her back. "You got a place already?" She asked, making Troian once again shake her head. This time less convincing. "Well, sort of. For now." She said. "I'm crashing someone's couch." She then admitted. Tatum looked less than impressed. "A... couch?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "You could've moved in with me or Far then." Troian crossed her arms, uncomfortably leaning back. "It's.. An old friend's couch. Now that Ryan and I... Now he's out of my life he doesn't tell me not to hang out with people anymore." Troian's way of speech made Farrah feel like they were still teenagers.

20-7-16_14-56-30.png

And Tatum's speculation confirmed she did too. "And old friend.. What, like Poppy?" She asked referring to Poppy Pancakes, a girl she used to run with. Contact lost after high school. Troian shrugged. "Someone from that era, yeah." She answered, denying either sisters her gaze. Farrah then noticed Tatum's eyes turning into half-moons. "It's a boy." She teased. Farrah shook her head at the childish way of speaking of a man. But Troian's crimson face gave away the answer. Tatum nearly flew over the table. "It is!" She squealed. "Who? Someone from high school!" She narrowed her eyebrows. "Give me a hint."

20-7-16_14-57-37.png

But Troian shook her head. "I need some air." She said, standing up from her chair. "What?" Tatum asked, her face showing her confusedness. Troian bit her lip, but didn't answer as she took the kitchen door to the yard. Tatum turned her head to Farrah. "Did I say anything wrong" She asked, Farrah wanted to lecture her sister about her boldness. But felt like she had no right to, unlike her sister's she didn't forget her age after engaging in the conversation. Instead she shook her head. "It doesn't really matter, does it?"

20-7-16_14-59-18.png

"She's not just crashing on someone's couch. She is because the father of her daughter is a big jerk, a big jerk whom she just ended a toxic relationship with. A big jerk who now refuses to move out of her childhood home, nor pay her any alimentation. They weren't married, she doesn't get any." Farrah took a deep sigh, she didn't know where she found the courage to talk to her sister like that, but she held onto it for now. "The topic of dating must be sensitive." Tatum was silent and clearly taken aback by her younger sisters knowledge. "It doesn't matter, I'll go talk to her." Farrah then said, softly smiling at her sister.

20-7-16_15-02-07.png

"Far." Troian mumbled, but Farrah was still in her grown-up role. "Whose place are you sleeping at?" Her own boldness took her by surprise, her and Troian. "You can't tell Tatum she wouldn't understand." Farrah placed her hand on her sisters arm, but refused to give in to the demand. Troian sighed in defeat. "A few weeks ago, I bumped into Valentine again." Farrah widened her eyes, but she wasn't going to show her sister any other sign of disapproval. "He tried talking to me again, and I gave in. We caught up and... I was a mess, Farrah. I just couldn't anymore. He asked if I needed a place to stay... And now I'm.." Farrah raised her hand and her eyebrow. "You are living with Valentine?"

20-7-16_15-02-51.png

"No!" Troian defended. "I refused, but he told me his grandmother had a place that basically costs nothing." Farrah relaxed her muscles, she wouldn't have been able to handle her sister and Valentine having an affair, not again, even with the other sister. "It's a small.. A loft actually, but it's payable. Plus it has room for Hester." She then took Farrah's hand. "I.. I'm getting adjusted there for now, until I get a job. Then I'll move into a real house." Farrah wanted to ask if that was all, what made her get so upset when the topic of dating was brought up.

20-7-16_15-01-33.png[/url]

But her sister's pained smile stopped her from asking any further, she had buried a grudge held onto for years so that her daughter and she had a place to live. It was somehow admirable.
    "Fine... But what are we telling Tatum exactly?"
  • Options
    Oh Yes ...what are we telling Tatum?? Eeek I am so thrilled Troian is with Valentine I always liked him <3