Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

• Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    Am i the only one that thinks there's a chance there wont be a nanny , but Agnes might be making a comeback in a patch?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,431 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    LunaNova wrote: »
    glorifica wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake you know about the various teams in TS4, correct? If you're able to, could you tell us whether or not there is one or two EP teams for this game, or are the teams split up into 1EP, 1GP, and 2 SP teams, along with various other teams including bug-fixing, community, etc.?

One team for each. There is also a QA team who works on testing / reproducing issues to get in fixes, there is a communications team (which is what I fall under), marketing team, PR, video team, etc.

Thank you for clarifying exactly what's happened! I guess this would explain why EPs take longer to get out, since you no longer have other people working on another thing.

I certainly hope that people actually read what she said and not dismiss, so that they know why EPs take so long to come out now!

all i want to know is what that video team has been doing since april.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Making videos and screenshots and renders :)

#dyingwithlaugher

Oh I'm not joking. See our team here makes all the videos and renders and screenshots that we share. They also handle translation if any of those things have text in them. Our video team takes the screenshots for the gallery shout outs we do on our social channels to really help show off builds to their fullest potential.

The video team is doing a magnificent job, the final trailers for all the packs are beautifully done (Romantic Garden Stuff is really a piece of art, I love the big garden flying onto the empty lot).

I think the music to that gif is from TS2's Glamour Life, for this teaser.

Wow even less effort than I originally thought then. :D

Ah come on, Sims 2 music in trailers is a good tradition. Think of the wonderful video for TS3 Midnight Hollow!

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited July 2016
    geminiagre wrote: »
    Am i the only one that thinks there's a chance there wont be a nanny , but Agnes might be making a comeback in a patch?

She's already on the Gallery though.

EDIT: Or do you mean Agnes as in Mrs Crumplebottom?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    Ugh, I don't get why they throw in so much random stuff in a teaser that means nothing if we're supposed to be looking for patch hints...

There are no hints. Stop with the plum hints, I'm on the edge of calling you dumb, and I mean the all the people. There is no such thing as hints. It just is what it is, a wind spinner whatever, lemonade and what might very well be a nanny end of story.
    :/

Would you have listened otherwise? No.

And like @SimGuruDrake has stated if it was coming it would be on the teaser.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    LunaNova wrote: »
    glorifica wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake you know about the various teams in TS4, correct? If you're able to, could you tell us whether or not there is one or two EP teams for this game, or are the teams split up into 1EP, 1GP, and 2 SP teams, along with various other teams including bug-fixing, community, etc.?

One team for each. There is also a QA team who works on testing / reproducing issues to get in fixes, there is a communications team (which is what I fall under), marketing team, PR, video team, etc.

Thank you for clarifying exactly what's happened! I guess this would explain why EPs take longer to get out, since you no longer have other people working on another thing.

I certainly hope that people actually read what she said and not dismiss, so that they know why EPs take so long to come out now!

all i want to know is what that video team has been doing since april.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Making videos and screenshots and renders :)

#dyingwithlaugher

Oh I'm not joking. See our team here makes all the videos and renders and screenshots that we share. They also handle translation if any of those things have text in them. Our video team takes the screenshots for the gallery shout outs we do on our social channels to really help show off builds to their fullest potential.

The video team is doing a magnificent job, the final trailers for all the packs are beautifully done (Romantic Garden Stuff is really a piece of art, I love the big garden flying onto the empty lot).

I think the music to that gif is from TS2's Glamour Life, for this teaser.

Wow even less effort than I originally thought then. :D

Ah come on, Sims 2 music in trailers is a good tradition. Think of the wonderful video for TS3 Midnight Hollow!

I don't mind it either, but I would like them to put that music in TS4 :\ Which they don't most of the time.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    beville wrote: »
    If this is the teaser for the next 3 months, than there's must be more than meets the eyes. :*

Only if all the content is invisible.

That is what I'm asking? Did he not say this is for the next 3 months of content? If so, I don't see it either.Maybe there's more to it. :|
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited July 2016
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    Ugh, I don't get why they throw in so much random stuff in a teaser that means nothing if we're supposed to be looking for patch hints...

There are no hints. Stop with the plum hints, I'm on the edge of calling you dumb, and I mean the all the people. There is no such thing as hints. It just is what it is, a wind spinner whatever, lemonade and what might very well be a nanny end of story.
    :/

Would you have listened otherwise? No.

And like @SimGuruDrake has stated if it was coming it would be on the teaser.
    Yes I did realize that it's not a hint. I'm not one to look for hints in every corner, I simply stated that all the random stuff in the teasers is kind of annoying. Doesn't make me "dumb" :|
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

unfortunately there is no need for a nanny in the current state of the game. I'd love it if we did need them.
    I'd like crumplebutt to come back :)
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Simanite wrote: »

Yup i mean the real thing ;)

• Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    I don't understand Graham's comment about the spinning toilet at all?

Maybe we're getting a new cheat to rotate things?

See, all of the posts like these are what cause unnecessary speculation!

I'm seriously creasing at the guru's right now.
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    What is with the crib? It looks a bit different from the one I used for my one Sim baby. The one in the 'teaser' looks as if it has some kind of shelf on the bottom.
  • Options

Idk...she looks too nice to be Mrs Crumplebottom lol
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    GrandJury wrote: »
    I'll ask again,

-What was so time consuming and complicated, that toddlers, open world, lot placing, exc. Had to get cut out? Was it animations and emotions?
    We talked about that within the blog about What's Out and What's In
    -Why are other video games that have nothing to do with simulation, more simulated and open world than The Sims 4?
    None of those games are life simulators so you're comparing apples and oranges.
    -If you all had all those millions of units sold like you claimed, why would there be complication in the first place?
    I never claimed that.
    -Why is every negative comment on the FB page being ignored and only praise get response by your communication team?
    I don't manage the FB page.
    -Why is there about to be three stuff packs now that go hand in hand with the other?
    Not everyone who has a patio has a backyard and vice versa.
    -Why is TS4 more limited than TS2? And this is the sequel?
    It also took TS2 a while to come into its own.
    -With lots, neighborhoods, and even the customized color chooser, why could 3 achieve that level of complexity and include open world, an entire life stage, more graphics, no loading screens, exc. But the sequel could not? ..and all those millions of TS4 units have been sold?
    Again - never said that about TS4. I am not a developer so I cannot speak to the rest of your question.
    -What is being done to address the wide backlash not just from this forum, but now from casual consumers as well?
    I don't see wide backlash, I see individuals who are voicing other content they are interested in because this may not be their cup of tea. Also if you'd like to break it down: we have 12+mil likes on FB, on the teaser post there are 439 comments (the top comments are positive), there are 1.2K likes, 159 Loves which total up to 1.4K positive reactions, 175 negative reactions (between Angry and Sad), and 22 neutral reactions (between the wow and the haha as those could go either way). On the Twitter we have 656K followers and on the specific tweet there are 318 RTs and 983 Likes and even the tweets replying to that tweets are leaning more positive to neutral on a quick scroll.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    k, a rotating toilet.. okay.

Anyway, confused about the nanny speculation. They only make sense if we get toddlers,unless they're..

Heck I don't know.

*munches on popcorn*
  • Options
    LunaNovaLunaNova Posts: 1,239 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    What is with the crib? It looks a bit different from the one I used for my one Sim baby. The one in the 'teaser' looks as if it has some kind of shelf on the bottom.

I saw that as well but when i looked in game it seems like the crib looks like that O.o
    tumblr_ox7j4tmNjd1wqkiw6o1_1280.png
    //Sims Tumblr Here-MoonPhase Simblr//Berry Sims Here- MoonBerry Sims//
    Let me make you a cute forum avatar [Closed right noww!! will re-open closer to cats and dogs!] //
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

Ok yeah I get you. I was thinking Agnes was the Sim holding the baby's name but she is called Gladys, she's the one on the gallery. The real Agnes Crumplebottom would be a cool NPC. She'd have suited dine out. :)
  • Options

Idk...she looks too nice to be Mrs Crumplebottom lol

true, but i missed her lol. Besides she hated public display of affection , i don't remember her hating children. Would love to see her roaming around again hitting couples with her purse lol

• Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Conclue wrote: »
    I don't understand the logical perspective of the choices the team makes at times and it's infuriating to a fan of the series since February 2000. Just sayin'. You don't want rampant speculation, so you all decide to do release a teaser that does nothing but add fuel to a speculation fire. Then there are Guru official posts downplaying speculative talk, that wasn't at all even speculative but fact. Just because "EA's vision" for "Sims 4" is on track - it is NOT with a vast majority of "the Sims" community. So it's sad to see fuel added to a fire, and then not expect huge backlash.

From those three thought bubbles I can deduce baby upgrades/toddlers, (rattle), we know the lemonade is the icon for the next SP so that's clearly SP's gameplay object (cool by the by) and of course the bird says "Seasons". Because in the Sims 2, that's when birds first arrived and bird watching so it's clear if we're getting birds it must be seasons, or even pets! Because in Sims 2 we had them as Pets too! maybe it's seasons and Pets! Maybe it's... a recipe for non stop speculation.

Maybe that is the objective of this marketing strategy. Keep people talking about the game using reality show tactics.

SMH.

These teasers are a look ahead, which is what the community asked for. You now know within the next 3 months you will have an SP. Also, when you make statements of "vast majority" please be sure to include data behind it.

Nothing in this teaser is a hint towards anything like Pets or Seasons or Toddlers. That is your personal speculation and nothing more.

The community did not ask for a forth outdoor related pack, and for future reference we don't want any other party packs... seems like we are not being heard at al

Before jumping to conclusions about the pack I'd say wait to see if what the content in it is what you (general "you" not you specifically) asked for. This is just a look ahead, it doesn't show off everything in the pack.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

the ones in game are the same thing. sorry :(
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ladybreid wrote: »

the ones in game are the same thing. sorry :(
    It is a tiny bit different I noticed, the basket is sitting at the bottom rather than right beneath the skirt of the bassinet, but I don't think it means much. It is a render after all.
    v5Yd2X5.png