Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2016
    Wait a minute, @rudy8292, I was under the impression Maxis let a lot of people go who actually worked on this game. Like Ryan Vaughn who decided he didn't want to commute when they downsized and went mobile. And or that guy who was over or helped with buildmode and I can name several other people who were either placed somewhere else or decided time to move on after some sort of big change over at Maxis hiring that lady who is a mobile mogul, and going mobile. Hm, I must have imagined all that. ETA: And oh yeah, Alex what's his name who was with Will Wright from the beginning and has some input into Sim City and they asked him to help with the worlds of this game before it was released, and yeah, I think he left Emeryville a few years ago to start his own mobile game company. Funny some of those people's names that worked on this game like the one Grant (not Grant R.) who left and a bunch of others...
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    I think if we knew that a new EP was coming this year we'd all feel much better. But what's starting to concern me is the prospect that we may not get one; that doesn't bear thinking about. I think the problem here is that we're all starting to feel as though everything is slowing down and that's not good. Now it could be that it's because the Gurus are working on big things or it could be that they've hit some rocks on the road. Unfortunately due to the nature of information releases for TS4 we won't know until the next quarter begins... in October. :neutral:

Most likely EP3 is getting revealed August 17th at Gamescom from Rachel Franklin.

No thanks, nobody wants to see her dancing again.

OH MY GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THAT.

OH NO.
    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,509 Member
    Wow this thread is moving so fast.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,873 Member
    This thread jumped 23 pages in the last two hours and I can't find anything specific as I don't know what page it's on....so forgive me for asking but...is it confirmed that this SP is the only PAID content coming this quarter? I realize we'll have patches but no GP (not surprising, DO just came out) and no EP or other SP?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    Omg, so we're getting MOAR drinks in the game, LMAO I don't know if to laugh or to cry tbh. We SO don't need more drinks.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Wait a minute, @rudy8292, I was under the impression Maxis let a lot of people go who actually worked on this game. Like Ryan Vaughn who decided he didn't want to commute when they downsized and went mobile. And or that guy who was over or helped with buildmode and I can name several other people who were either placed somewhere else or decided time to move on after some sort of big change over at Maxis hiring that lady who is a mobile mogul, and going mobile. Hm, I must have imagined all that.

Nope you didn't imagine anything like that, it happened. But we can't state those things here I guess without ''making assumptions''. It's what happened though.

In my opinion the Sims team lost many talented developers over the years.

Also don't forget P. Kelly and his statements about this game and the studio. I did not made up anything like that either. It's the bitter truth; he made statements like that, and quite frankly I believe him.
  • Options
    GrandJuryGrandJury Posts: 183 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    This thread jumped 23 pages in the last two hours and I can't find anything specific as I don't know what page it's on....so forgive me for asking but...is it confirmed that this SP is the only PAID content coming this quarter? I realize we'll have patches but no GP (not surprising, DO just came out) and no EP or other SP?

Looks like it.
    tumblr_naf4ttSCX81sqhjvzo1_500.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Wait a minute, @rudy8292, I was under the impression Maxis let a lot of people go who actually worked on this game. Like Ryan Vaughn who decided he didn't want to commute when they downsized and went mobile. And or that guy who was over or helped with buildmode and I can name several other people who were either placed somewhere else or decided time to move on after some sort of big change over at Maxis hiring that lady who is a mobile mogul, and going mobile. Hm, I must have imagined all that.

Deciding to move on is not being "let go" - it's normal everyday life in any business, software development included (in fact, it can be easier if you're in a well-paying industry to set money aside for a change of direction). My husband was talking just last night about circumstances he'd start looking for a different job in - and they had nothing to do with the company's direction, the product's success, the work environment, or being laid off. There's been no indication around any of the few job moves we know about that those people were pushed or were desperately escaping a sinking ship.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    GrandJury wrote: »
    I think if we knew that a new EP was coming this year we'd all feel much better. But what's starting to concern me is the prospect that we may not get one; that doesn't bear thinking about. I think the problem here is that we're all starting to feel as though everything is slowing down and that's not good. Now it could be that it's because the Gurus are working on big things or it could be that they've hit some rocks on the road. Unfortunately due to the nature of information releases for TS4 we won't know until the next quarter begins... in October. :neutral:

Most likely EP3 is getting revealed August 17th at Gamescom from Rachel Franklin.

OH MY GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THAT.

OH NO.

please no that was the most cringiest thing I'd seen.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member

i'm just now able to sleep at night.
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member

Yup,the SP is the only paid content coming this quarter! :/
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I haven't seen anyone confirm or deny that the one little picture is it for the quarter.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Jessvera1Jessvera1 Posts: 45 Member
    I am confused. So the teaser gif includes not only items from the Backyard Stuff pack but also possible EP/GP hints for the next quarter? Or will there only be the stuff pack?
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Is he talking about the same one though or the April teaser? Only this one specifically states 'new stuff pack' and features absolutely nothing new apart from the lemonade. Unless we're supposed to take hints from the baby that wants a rattle and the guy that's talking about a bird. But then if this was upcoming content I'm sure it would be a little more obvious than it is.

But @SimGuruDrake confirmed this is the Quarterly Teaser...

I'm talking about the Tweet where Graham says that this teaser teases the whole quarter and not JUST the SP. Either he's trolling or there's stuff in this teaser that we're not seeing. When a teaser says 'new stuff pack' I don't expect it to feature anything more than that.

The last one featured some things from patches. Tragic clown comes to mind. They know we like searching for hidden meanings in trailers, so they put them in.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member

I haven't seen anyone confirm or deny that the one little picture is it for the quarter.

It has been confirmed by SimGuruGraham on Twitter and SimGuruDrake right here on this thread.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member

Drake said earlier in this topic that EPs would be revealed in the quarterly teasers, and we didn't just get that. We've also been told that EPs are now revealed in the quarter they're announced in, so that would mean release by September 30... but not teased this afternoon. They seem to use about 2 months of active marketing for them. I see no reason to think we're getting a reveal at Gamescom. Maybe first thing in October we'll get an EP teased in that season's trailer.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Simgurudrake did a while ago.

• Options
    wait a minute. do we get even more types of mysims trophies? cuz that's what we all want. check your telemetry, ea.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

• Options
    Jessvera1 wrote: »
    I am confused. So the teaser gif includes not only items from the Backyard Stuff pack but also possible EP/GP hints for the next quarter? Or will there only be the stuff pack?

Some things that might be in the patches. No EP/GP hints.

• Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

I wonder if we'll get another dance?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,604 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

i'm just now able to sleep at night.
    LOL. I am hoping she does something similar again, what joy and laughter it did bring to the world.
  • Options

I wonder if we'll get another dance?

just let the nightmare end already.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I actually like this. ave no problem with it. I did expect an EP, to be honest, but backyard stuff is cool too.