Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official Trailer for Backyard Stuff + Quarterly teaser

Comments

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Ok so as that is the teaser for the whole upcoming quarter, not just the backyard SP, then it must have clues for an EP as well
    has to be weather I guess
  • Options
    OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I will say this, I absolutely LOVE that romper/over-alls(?) outfit. (:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    24281 wrote: »
    I'm kinda disappointed. I feel this could have probably been combined with perfect patio. But EA. I really wish someone would buy out EA and fix the mess they've caused with TS4

In defense (and mind you, I'm disappointed that this looks like all we're getting for the next 3 months), they've clearly advanced in design skill since the early days. Just look at the detail in Dine Out (latest GP) compared to Outdoor Retreat (first GP), or the colorful content of Kids Room next to the base game kids furniture set. This gives them a chance to expand on the theme, without taking up space in a GP or EP that could be used for something else. Plus, Perfect Patio was more geared to adults (despite the fact that kids could use the hot tubs); what if there's something that's really suitable for all ages (and including pregnant Sims who can't use the hot tubs)? Something like a basketball hoop, or maybe a treehouse that's a Woohoo location when the kids aren't around (similar to the one in Sims 3 Generations).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I will say this, I absolutely LOVE that romper/over-alls(?) outfit. (:

Just a render. They used naked babies in diapers before. It's all fake marketing staging.
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Perhaps they shoot themselves in the foot with the emotions and now the costs for animations are going through the ceiling. Let's hope that for Backyard a lounge chair is in the budget.
    They said lounge chairs ars too much animation for an SP

Things Change(tm).

;)
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Perhaps they shoot themselves in the foot with the emotions and now the costs for animations are going through the ceiling. Let's hope that for Backyard a lounge chair is in the budget.

It leaves me wondering is something wrong over at Maxis when we can't even get two EPs in one year?

They laid off too many people, so now they are dealing with the consequences so it seems.

It's much easier to grab the cash with stuff packs, since they are easier to create instead of EP's. SO it seems they are going for that route instead. But whatever.

I guess they think the community is too needy. >.>

While you may be disappointed with the teaser I'm going to ask that you don't push a false narrative. We haven't laid anyone off and no one has said that the "community is too needy".

Additionally, each type of pack has a different team, SPs are smaller bits of content while GPs / EPs are bigger pieces of content.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    It's weather and seasons. Larger table umbrella, baby in less clothing, paper windmill spinning. /me nods.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member

It leaves me wondering is something wrong over at Maxis when we can't even get two EPs in one year?

They laid off too many people, so now they are dealing with the consequences so it seems.

It's much easier to grab the cash with stuff packs, since they are easier to create instead of EP's. SO it seems they are going for that route instead. But whatever.

While you may be disappointed with the teaser I'm going to ask that you don't push a false narrative. We haven't laid anyone off and no one has said that the "community is too needy".

Additionally, each type of pack has a different team, SPs are smaller bits of content while GPs / EPs are bigger pieces of content.

Hopefully we can get more Content Packs presumably Expansion Packs and Game Packs
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    edited July 2016
    So you choose not to disclose whether toddlers are being worked on?
    Whether we're getting something to help with no space in worlds? All of my neighborhoods are bursting to capacity, what am I supposed to do? Is there a solution in the works?

No one tells you what to do so I'm asking if you can answer me those questions to give me some peace of mind, because I shouldn't have to be deleting sims and having multiple families live in one lot because there is no space.
    Ya I think their solution to that issue was culling.
    Also if the new expansion is a Seasons type of expansion...it will probably be one season at a time...summer first and then keep milking us for the other three seasons...
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2016

No that's why I said: ''I guess''. It's my opinion, it's what I think.

And didn't the Salt Lake studio get closed a few years ago? Wasn't that another studio with a team making EP's? I am not making that up.
  • Options
    shellbeme wrote: »
    I think I'm about ready to start giving my $10 stuff pack purchases to Guild Wars 2 for gems instead

I'll probably be putting in a few more hundred hours on Stardew Valley especially when ConcernedApe (the developer) finally rolls out the 1.1 update (two new marriage candidates, more end-game content including new crops and farm buildings).
  • Options
    geekchic96geekchic96 Posts: 154 Member
    I'm officially done with the Sims 4! I'm glad I stopped buying content after romantic garden. What in the world are they doing with the money we give them?!
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited July 2016
    Oooo y'all are gettin on @SimGuruDrake s last nerve

/is glad to not be a Guru

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I'm kinda disappointed. I feel this could have probably been combined with perfect patio. But EA. I really wish someone would buy out EA and fix the mess they've caused with TS4

In defense (and mind you, I'm disappointed that this looks like all we're getting for the next 3 months), they've clearly advanced in design skill since the early days. Just look at the detail in Dine Out (latest GP) compared to Outdoor Retreat (first GP), or the colorful content of Kids Room next to the base game kids furniture set. This gives them a chance to expand on the theme, without taking up space in a GP or EP that could be used for something else. Plus, Perfect Patio was more geared to adults (despite the fact that kids could use the hot tubs); what if there's something that's really suitable for all ages (and including pregnant Sims who can't use the hot tubs)? Something like a basketball hoop, or maybe a treehouse that's a Woohoo location when the kids aren't around (similar to the one in Sims 3 Generations).

you also forgot to mention that outdoor retreat has a world destination
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    I find it hilarious that people are so mad over content that we really don't know anything about. lol I will wait until there is more info out.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    lsarm55 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    lsarm55 wrote: »
    maybe the engine is sucky?

Bungie created an engine for Destiny that according to Kotaku is a mess. Maybe the same thing happened with TS4?

That is what some people have been speculating about TS4. We believe that the engine is not capable of certain things (yet?) or it doesn't support the tech they would need to do certain things. It's probably a well optimized engine but not very flexible and easy to work with.

yeah, they couldn't add a neighbourhood to an existing world, so we have Magnolia Promenade

I actually like Magnolia Promenade -- it's now my entertainment district with a bar, a lounge, a nightclub/disco and a restaurant. Good place for Sims to head out on the town.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    EP3 had better be the best EP we've ever had and something players actually ask for cause it'll be another War on the Forums if it's not.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Is he talking about the same one though or the April teaser? Only this one specifically states 'new stuff pack' and features absolutely nothing new apart from the lemonade. Unless we're supposed to take hints from the baby that wants a rattle and the guy that's talking about a bird. But then if this was upcoming content I'm sure it would be a little more obvious than it is.

But @SimGuruDrake confirmed this is the Quarterly Teaser...

I'm talking about the Tweet where Graham says that this teaser teases the whole quarter and not JUST the SP. Either he's trolling or there's stuff in this teaser that we're not seeing. When a teaser says 'new stuff pack' I don't expect it to feature anything more than that.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    JasonRMJ wrote: »

you also forgot to mention that outdoor retreat has a world destination

I was talking more about the design -- even Spa Day was miles beyond Outdoor Retreat when it comes to Build/Buy features. I think Outdoor Retreat was mainly a reason for them to introduce theion days feature -- what's the point of vacation days if you have nowhere to go? I do wish they'd expand more on the travel theme and give us more destinations -- a beach resort, perhaps, or maybe some sort of cultural-inspired theme, similar to what we had in Sims 2 Bon Voyage or Sims 3 World Adventures. I'd love to travel to an Asian inspired world to learn martial arts, for example, then come home and teach other Sims.
  • Options
    shan_26shan_26 Posts: 951 Member
    GrandJury wrote: »
    shan_26 wrote: »
    I find it hilarious that people are so mad over content that we really don't know anything about. lol I will wait until there is more info out.

"STUFF. PACK. NUMBER. EIGHT"

That is more than enough reason to get mad.

Again , I still find people being mad about it HILARIOUS
    xyIcMqt.png