Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: Season 5 --> Survivor Edition!

Comments

• Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,797 Member
    Oh, I didn't even notice the hand's symbol. It's hard to see in the avi. Fun, though! We all seem to have a lot of fun with our creativity. I love that!
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    CURRENT POT STANDINGS

Group Pot: 330
    Mole's Stash: 750

The group is quickly falling behind now :o
  • Options
    Woo, you did a really cool job with it then :star:

Oh, I didn't even notice the hand's symbol. It's hard to see in the avi. Fun, though! We all seem to have a lot of fun with our creativity. I love that!

Yeah, it is hard to notice. I didn't expect anyone to know that, honestly, lol. But now you know :p

I HAVE been thinking of doing an artistic mission... Don't exactly have room this season, but there is one mission in particular that I could probably remove since I know you guys won't enjoy it :p (It's a classic Survivor "endurance" challenge...)
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,725 Member
    edited June 2016
    Balance beam for the final 3/final 4?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    The Mole: Celebrity Edition

Use any sims from previous SHOWS (any and all), but NOT the MOLE. Because obviously you'll have an ALL-STAR one. Or perhaps Turner can yay or nay the sim.

I actually really liked this idea, which is odd since I don't like the idea of "Celebrities". And then some of you mentioned how you can send in your hosts and that would be even cooler. Battle of the hosts!

But then I realized Jake kind of already claimed this territory with his "Reality Show All-Stars" show. I could still do it though, it's a neat idea, but might be hard considering I'd have to copy the writing style of those who already had written the submitted sims. So it might get tricky.
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »
    I HAVE been thinking of doing an artistic mission... Don't exactly have room this season, but there is one mission in particular that I could probably remove since I know you guys won't enjoy it :p (It's a classic Survivor "endurance" challenge...)

Artie would be amused. ;) 2 artistic missions in 1 season. Her season. Makes up for missing season 4. ;P
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Now watching the successor of the Escape Room! :smiley: Evi Hanssen is testing it right now live on DWDD! :smiley:

Thanks for the awesomely long comment! It's great to see what you enjoyed in the episode :smiley:

Ooohh... What's the Escape Room??

:o:o:o:o:o:o:open_mouth:

You don't know what an escape room is?

Well, I know others have commented, but let me just tell you that they are amazingly fun! I've done six now. I've escaped from four. They are so much fun! I do them usually with my family and some friends. I've done one with my co-workers for a team building exercise. We have four companies in my city alone.

There are people who actually tour North America to do escape rooms. My sister knows one guy who's done over a hundred of them.

Like Vul said, you're "locked" in a room and you have all kinds of clues hidden inside. Some rooms are multiple rooms and you find clues to get into the next room. But, in the end, you need to find all the clues to "escape". Some companies act like they are "locking" you in, but in the US it is illegal to do so. My sister works for a company here in town and they have five locks on the side of the door. You need to unlock all five and push a button to show you are done.

My sister is actually a controller. She watches and listens to the people in the room. Each group is in the room for one hour (some rooms have a 30 min time limit but there are less clues...to give you a taste of what a full room is like). Usually it's a group of 4-8, but some rooms can do larger (up to 12-16). You have a certain amount of clues for free. Each company does any additional clues differently; some none at all while others take time away. As long as the group agrees to use the clue, my sister will put it up on the screen to guide them to what they are missing. She has to keep track of what they've found already and what lock has been undone, too. Otherwise, it'll waste the group's time.

Anyway, sorry for my rambling. It's so much fun. The price ranges here are between $20-$30. They are a little steep, but well worth it and quite addicting.

Haha, I actually do know, but not much, so thank you for the full description! All I knew was that you're stuck in a room and have to find your way out somehow. Usually involves puzzles and clues and stuffs.

My brother has gone to quite a few; me, never, but I'd really like to. Sounds like JUST my type of things. They had one in the baseball stadium in San Francisco, I think it was called something else though, but same premise. I prefer the small room ones, though, with different themes.

I'm sure there's a few around where I live, I live in California for crying out loud :b
    And that's a great idea! Maybe I should drag some coworkers to go with me. Would be a fun experience for sure.

Your sister LITERALLY has the best job ever. Where can I sign up?? Seriously that's so awesome. I'm obsessed with that kind of thing... Must be so much fun to listen to different groups try to figure the thing out, some succeeding, others massively failing and probably making a ton of self-deprecating jokes in the meantime. Did she have some kind of degree in psychology or theater to land the job?? Or did she just happen upon it?
    20 or 30 bucks sounds very reasonable to me. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I'd pay 60, it sounds way too fun.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    Most tattooed season...?

Most divided season ;) Get it :P Cause they're divided into teams.

Most Whitney-ish season XD

Lol @tattooed :lol:
    Most Sun-burnt season? :b

Divided is actually pretty good too. Cause that can be interpreted a few ways.

I was also thinking most unpredictable?

Most murderous season. Or deadliest season (all those poor translators...lol).

RIP Translators, you will (not) be forever missed!

Deadliest season ain't so bad either :p What with all the deadly animals roaming around the beach and waters....

And yes, I finally, finally just read the episode. I'm sooooo behind. I'm the best lome....

Anyway, Vul took like almost everything I loved and said it already. I don't like Spongebob much, but I found the time elements pretty funny. I know you've been busy, Turner, but that didn't deter you from making an awesome episode. Thanks for putting all the effort you do into the episodes. :D<3

Haha I don't care when you read it, as long as you read it at some point I'm content :p
    I don't know what "lome" is, but I think I'm the best lome too because I procrastinate doing the stuff I need to do on here the majority of the time as well.

I used to love Spongebob as a kid (it's weird that I can finally say that now... "When I was kid"... lol sounds so strange, my entire life I've been unable to say that without sounding dumb haha), but obviously nowadays I don't watch it. But I thought it was a fun reference, even without knowing anything about Spongebob :b

And thank you so much! :smiley: It was a very busy semester for me, but since summer has arrived I'm feeling a lot freer.
  • Options

Now watching the successor of the Escape Room! :smiley: Evi Hanssen is testing it right now live on DWDD! :smiley:

Thanks for the awesomely long comment! It's great to see what you enjoyed in the episode :smiley:

Ooohh... What's the Escape Room??

:o:o:o:o:o:o:open_mouth:

You don't know what an escape room is?

Well, I know others have commented, but let me just tell you that they are amazingly fun! I've done six now. I've escaped from four. They are so much fun! I do them usually with my family and some friends. I've done one with my co-workers for a team building exercise. We have four companies in my city alone.

There are people who actually tour North America to do escape rooms. My sister knows one guy who's done over a hundred of them.

Like Vul said, you're "locked" in a room and you have all kinds of clues hidden inside. Some rooms are multiple rooms and you find clues to get into the next room. But, in the end, you need to find all the clues to "escape". Some companies act like they are "locking" you in, but in the US it is illegal to do so. My sister works for a company here in town and they have five locks on the side of the door. You need to unlock all five and push a button to show you are done.

My sister is actually a controller. She watches and listens to the people in the room. Each group is in the room for one hour (some rooms have a 30 min time limit but there are less clues...to give you a taste of what a full room is like). Usually it's a group of 4-8, but some rooms can do larger (up to 12-16). You have a certain amount of clues for free. Each company does any additional clues differently; some none at all while others take time away. As long as the group agrees to use the clue, my sister will put it up on the screen to guide them to what they are missing. She has to keep track of what they've found already and what lock has been undone, too. Otherwise, it'll waste the group's time.

Anyway, sorry for my rambling. It's so much fun. The price ranges here are between $20-$30. They are a little steep, but well worth it and quite addicting.

I wanna play these?! Why are there none in Australia D: Please get me there! I wanna tour and do them XD

I just googled it and found quite a few there already. Perhaps there are none near you, though. A pity. :anguished:

Nope theres one near me actually XD

Im so going to that ASAP XD

After you go, just make sure when you are done, your group does a little debriefing or talking after. Like go out to eat or something. It's always fun to get everyone's take on things and recount what happened. :)

Great advice! Totally something I'd do anyway. I like going out to eat after a movie as well, just to sit down and talk about it and stuffs. I really dislike it when I go to the movies and then no one discusses it! Especially if the plot was crazy or the movie was just very philosophical and intriguing. Even dumb action movies need a bit of "debriefing" :b

But yeah, something to keep in mind if/when I go to an Escape The Room!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Multiple things:

Today, I finished my last final for the semester, so I am officially done with my first year in junior college. Woo-hoo!

That means, I have more time to devote to this show, and now I can finally catch up in other shows I'm in, since I have a terrible habit of falling behind in them :#

This season started in mid-August, so my very ambitious goal is to finish this season before its 1-year birthday. Think we can do it? ;)
    (It's 11 weeks, so I think we can, assuming everyone stays active and I don't procrastinate too much :b)

As a reminder, if you send a DRE and want it to be action, please note that in your email. This next episode, however, I may not use any Action DRE's because I need to focus on a lot of other stuff going on in the episode, such as the two sims that are leaving in it.

Don't forget that on your quiz, you have 3 votes to evict someone in the case of a tie. These votes are optional though.

The next mission will require quite a bit of posting on the thread, and I won't be tolerating inactive people as much as I did the last mission. If you don't participate adequately, expect a strike.
    This mission won't be for another week, though. If you're busy or on vacation, just let me know.

One last thing... Parrot Mail is still in existence. Feel free to utilize it as much or as little as you like.

Ugh, bad thing about being Dutch: short Summer Breaks. :C

Oh right, almost forgot those votes. :o

Wondering what this next mission will be then. Mafia? ;)

I'd argue shorter summer breaks are a good thing, as long as there are more breaks throughout the year. I never liked how we crammed our school days 5 days a week for 9 months of the year, with only 2 and a half breaks in the middle.

Nope, not Mafia. ;)

Hint: It's a *gross* classic Survivor challenge!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    The Mole: Celebrity Edition

Use any sims from previous SHOWS (any and all), but NOT the MOLE. Because obviously you'll have an ALL-STAR one. Or perhaps Turner can yay or nay the sim.

I actually really liked this idea, which is odd since I don't like the idea of "Celebrities". And then some of you mentioned how you can send in your hosts and that would be even cooler. Battle of the hosts!

But then I realized Jake kind of already claimed this territory with his "Reality Show All-Stars" show. I could still do it though, it's a neat idea, but might be hard considering I'd have to copy the writing style of those who already had written the submitted sims. So it might get tricky.

Except I don't have a sim who has hosted. We could do pre-made sims, though. Like say everyone has to pick a pre-made sim who they'd like to play. There are a lot of options now, though it would depend on what packs you have. Then, technically, it's still celebrities...hehehe...or you could even call it something else. "The Mole: Pre-Made Edition"
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Multiple things:

Today, I finished my last final for the semester, so I am officially done with my first year in junior college. Woo-hoo!

That means, I have more time to devote to this show, and now I can finally catch up in other shows I'm in, since I have a terrible habit of falling behind in them :#

This season started in mid-August, so my very ambitious goal is to finish this season before its 1-year birthday. Think we can do it? ;)
    (It's 11 weeks, so I think we can, assuming everyone stays active and I don't procrastinate too much :b)

As a reminder, if you send a DRE and want it to be action, please note that in your email. This next episode, however, I may not use any Action DRE's because I need to focus on a lot of other stuff going on in the episode, such as the two sims that are leaving in it.

Don't forget that on your quiz, you have 3 votes to evict someone in the case of a tie. These votes are optional though.

The next mission will require quite a bit of posting on the thread, and I won't be tolerating inactive people as much as I did the last mission. If you don't participate adequately, expect a strike.
    This mission won't be for another week, though. If you're busy or on vacation, just let me know.

One last thing... Parrot Mail is still in existence. Feel free to utilize it as much or as little as you like.

I'd argue shorter summer breaks are a good thing, as long as there are more breaks throughout the year. I never liked how we crammed our school days 5 days a week for 9 months of the year, with only 2 and a half breaks in the middle.

Nope, not Mafia. ;)

I'm not eating anything. Ew....

Oh...wait! *I* don't have to!!!! hehehehe
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

Indeed. I have it scheduled for the final 4, since it's the final "immunity" challenge (AKA last chance to get an Exemption), but, it's not exactly a fun or original challenge.
  • Options

Artie would be amused. ;) 2 artistic missions in 1 season. Her season. Makes up for missing season 4. ;P

Haha yeah I just realized that... We already did an artistic mission! It's almost an unfair advantage... Although Artie's tribe DID lose the first mission ;)

The artistic challenge I have in mind was actually going to be used last season in Egypt, but got pushed back to this season and I may have to push it back again. Actually, I'll have to, since it doesn't fit the Survivor theme at all and will fit well with next season's theme, so.... Sorry Artie XD
  • Options
    Multiple things:

Nope, not Mafia. ;)

I hope Mason has a strong stomach. ;)

Assuming he makes it past this next episode, of course.

MWHUAHAHAHAHAHA!!
  • Options
    Multiple things:

Nope, not Mafia. ;)

MWHUAHAHAHAHAHA!!

You are not very nice. :|
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options

Haha yeah I just realized that... We already did an artistic mission! It's almost an unfair advantage... Although Artie's tribe DID lose the first mission ;)

The artistic challenge I have in mind was actually going to be used last season in Egypt, but got pushed back to this season and I may have to push it back again. Actually, I'll have to, since it doesn't fit the Survivor theme at all and will fit well with next season's theme, so.... Sorry Artie XD

Meh. That's what happens if you let Plum do the drawing when FRICKIN' ARTIE STIQUE's on the team!!! :o

Oooh, that one! Maybe she can co-host then? Or a cameo? ;)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Multiple things:

Nope, not Mafia. ;)

You got a point there. We got 5 main holiday breaks: Summer (July/August), Autumn (October), Winter (End December/Begin January), Spring (Februari) and May (yes, it's really called meivakantie ;)) and also a load of free days like Easter, Pinksterren & Hemelvaart (sorry, dunno English terms lol)

Reminds me of that one time when Remy Bonjaski (k1 boxer) couldn't finish his hamburger due to psychological trouble. ;)
    Banner.png
  • Options

Indeed. I have it scheduled for the final 4, since it's the final "immunity" challenge (AKA last chance to get an Exemption), but, it's not exactly a fun or original challenge.

It would be interesting though to see how the money will be imported. ;)

Although...
    There was this one game on European seasons (at least NL and Norway used it). It was used as a much shorter and more EXTREME replacement of the balance beam. ;) gotta find a YouTube vid first though, which won't work ATM... :(
    Banner.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Multiple things:

Nope, not Mafia. ;)

MWHUAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I could be even less nice and have the mission be that you guys have to physically make gross smoothies and film yourselves drinking it :joy:

But that would be pointless because no one would ever do that lol
  • Options

Meh. That's what happens if you let Plum do the drawing when FRICKIN' ARTIE STIQUE's on the team!!! :o

It's a good thing you capitalized Plum, or else that could have been interpreted differently lol
    Oh, yeah, I was going to have her do a cameo, but the mission never happened.... So she'll have to cameo next season ;-)
  • Options

It's a good thing you capitalized Plum, or else that could have been interpreted differently lol
    Oh, yeah, I was going to have her do a cameo, but the mission never happened.... So she'll have to cameo next season ;-)

Oui oui! ;)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Multiple things:

Nope, not Mafia. ;)

MWHUAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I could be even less nice and have the mission be that you guys have to physically make gross smoothies and film yourselves drinking it :joy:

But that would be pointless because no one would ever do that lol

I would NEVER do that, yup. D:
    Banner.png
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,737 Member
    Monday night's survivor they have to eat worms and I'm not sure what it was... brains... ?
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,737 Member
    I also watch the other night fear factor where they ate eye balls... Eeuw....