Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Patch for May 31st?

Comments

• Options
    dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    edited May 2016
    Simulance wrote: »
    Maybe the T word is coming next month.

Highly doubt it, they would probably be making a big deal out of it by now. But who knows,you guys might get them this time.
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited May 2016
    I wasn't expecting one. I'm expecting one closer to the weekend. There's been a few occasions where the patches have been small and/or just bug fixes. I wasn't thinking we'd get anything more this month.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2016
    Were we promised a patch today or is this another expectation or assumption?
    We have Dine Out next week, & the SP for Kids is still coming this month. I don't think we've ever gotten two packs in the same month have we?
    I know everyone is anxious for content, but omg. If they didn't promise a patch, what is everyone tripping about?

I'm fairly certain the reference is about Franklin's statement in the GT announcement.

".....That’s just a few of the new things we’ve introduced in the past year, and we’re gonna keep on growing The Sims 4 and giving you more ways to play with life every month!......"

The bolded bit has 2 parts, not one... It could be interpreted 2 ways, imo
    • First Way - "...we’re gonna keep on growing The Sims 4...every month" AND "...we’re gonna keep on...giving you more ways to play with life every month."
    • Second Way - "...we’re gonna keep on growing The Sims 4...every month" AND/OR "...we’re gonna keep on...giving you more ways to play with life every month."
    Getting extra content is growing the game, even if it's not adding gameplay. Which fits RF's comment if analysed as above.
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    We already got one for May.
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'm not surprised about no new game patch today because it's still May.
    And yes, we can get two game patches in one month. Because we have gotten two game patches in the same month.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member

Toasters? Yeah probably we're going to get a kitchen appliance every summer.
  • Options
    SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »

Toasters? Yeah probably we're going to get a kitchen appliance every summer.

T
    O
    D
    D
    L
    E
    R
    S
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2016
    If there is a patch this week it's due for Thursday like always :p Not Tuesday.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    If there is a patch this week it's due for Thursday like always :p Not Tuesday.

Yeah, the Pre Game Pack patch, isn't it? Since Dine Out releases on Tuesday.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    dreita95 wrote: »
    We have Dine Out next week, & the SP for Kids is still coming this month. I don't think we've ever gotten two packs in the same month have we?
    I know everyone is anxious for content, but omg. If they didn't promise a patch, what is everyone tripping about?

I'm fairly certain the reference is about Franklin's statement in the GT announcement.

".....That’s just a few of the new things we’ve introduced in the past year, and we’re gonna keep on growing The Sims 4 and giving you more ways to play with life every month!......"

Maybe so...but I'm still asking if there was a patch confirmed for today? If not, then I don't get it. We're getting two packs in the same month, which I believe, is new to The Sims 4. Everyone is entitled to feel how they feel. But if a patch wasn't confirmed, why expect it. That's all I'm saying.

The promised new game play usually comes in a patch. Today is the last day of the month and there has been no announcement of a patch so it was being asked if we were getting one. Then again they did the little hocus pocus with the hair styles. Maybe that was the new game play this month.

Nobody said the new gameplay thing was going to start this month though. I think we all should wait and not get our hopes up.

Yup. People hang on to every little word - it's really quite silly. Just a lot of fluff about not much at all.
  • Options
    jsnjsn Posts: 624 Member
    there will most likely be a patch in literally 2 days, just have patience :v
    tumblr_ntxblj8QDK1s6z4zdo2_250.gif
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

The bolded bit has 2 parts, not one... It could be interpreted 2 ways, imo
    • First Way - "...we’re gonna keep on growing The Sims 4...every month" AND "...we’re gonna keep on...giving you more ways to play with life every month."
    • Second Way - "...we’re gonna keep on growing The Sims 4...every month" AND/OR "...we’re gonna keep on...giving you more ways to play with life every month."
    Getting extra content is growing the game, even if it's not adding gameplay. Which fits RF's comment if analysed as above.

Know what? First.....I was only supplying someone with what the quote was and what was said. Second......if it mattered enough to me ........ I shouldn't have to analyze what a company representative might have or might not have meant.

People can pick apart everything that is said and use it defend what anyone might or not might have meant....or what hidden meaning is in a tweet but I no longer fall for the smoke and mirrors. I believe things when I see them and only then. I haven't bought a ticket on the hype train for a very, very long time.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    I think the biggest issue is that we as fans have a very different definition on what it means to have "more ways to play with life every month" versus what the Gurus definition of that statement. To them it's challenges or new hairstyles and a few interactions or traits (which there's no doubt we need more of those)

Correct :) On May 17 we added two hairs that where formerly male only and were converted to work on either male or female sims. These are considered by our definition to be "new ways to play" as players previously did not have access to these hairs for females.

Also, since I have been seeing this quite a bit: We never promised an additional patch for this month. That was speculation by someone within the community that spread around as if it was fact (which is why I keep reiterating that statements like "we are getting a patch on X day" or "this will be in the next pack" are linked with actual source information to verify it's legitimacy.)

Isn't it weird to call two hair conversions "new ways to play"? Just saying.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    I think the biggest issue is that we as fans have a very different definition on what it means to have "more ways to play with life every month" versus what the Gurus definition of that statement. To them it's challenges or new hairstyles and a few interactions or traits (which there's no doubt we need more of those)

Correct :) On May 17 we added two hairs that where formerly male only and were converted to work on either male or female sims. These are considered by our definition to be "new ways to play" as players previously did not have access to these hairs for females.

Also, since I have been seeing this quite a bit: We never promised an additional patch for this month. That was speculation by someone within the community that spread around as if it was fact (which is why I keep reiterating that statements like "we are getting a patch on X day" or "this will be in the next pack" are linked with actual source information to verify it's legitimacy.)

Inst it weird to call two hair conversions "new ways to play"? Just saying.

Not really. It's new ways to play with your current female Sim or a new female Sim that you may create.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options

Not really. It's new ways to play with your current female Sim or a new female Sim that you may create.

I guess. Thanks for the answer :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

Now, it's maybe not relevant to the topic at hand, @SimGuruDrake but have you changed your avatar or am I going barmy?

I still wasn't expecting another patch this month.

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

I guess. Thanks for the answer :)

I guess it's like people have been saying and have different definitions of game play. When some people talk about game play some of them mean building. Others mean creating Sims. Me.......game play is actual getting into the game and having Sims live their lives.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Arletta wrote: »

Now, it's maybe not relevant to the topic at hand, @SimGuruDrake but have you changed your avatar or am I going barmy?

lol I did change my avatar. My hair is that blue and is cut about the same :) I like to update my Simself to match whenever I change cut and color.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Lol at the technicalities.

Two hairs, in my definition, do not make new ways to play. Sorry.

Off topic: I like your hair colour. Mine wasn't far off that colour not too long ago.

--T
  • Options
    Arletta wrote: »

lol I did change my avatar. My hair is that blue and is cut about the same :) I like to update my Simself to match whenever I change cut and color.

@SimGuruDrake you know, a good "new way to play" would be body hair for sims :p Could we have that? XD Pretty please?

Also when is your Guru Spotlight? You will have one too right? Or only developers get those?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    that 'patch' on the 17th was event considered to be a thing in the month of may, cause it wasnt even listed in the monthly content thread from a simguru in the news section, so YES where the heck is this patch?
  • Options
    that 'patch' on the 17th was event considered to be a thing in the month of may, cause it wasnt even listed in the monthly content thread from a simguru in the news section, so YES where the heck is this patch?

They consider bug fixes free content also converted hair. So technically the May patch has been deployed.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I, for one, am getting so many hours of new gameplay out of this new male to female converted hair! /s

They should not have said we would be getting new gameplay each month if they could not keep their promise. It's a complete mystery to me how the person who said that now leads Maxis. Scary, actually.

@Sk8rblaze :joy: thanks for cheering me up! Hilarious post! lol Good thing I wasn't sipping coffee as I read that!! :D
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member

They consider bug fixes free content also converted hair. So technically the May patch has been deployed.

Thats my point up there.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top