Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**Creations by masajo** **Villa dei Fiori**

Comments

• Options
    NejioranaidNejioranaid Posts: 748 Member
    Four new builds since I last visited your thread, wow! Great job on all of them. I especially love the park, it's so beautiful. Great job!!! <3
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Big thank you @follyfoot for your very kind words and support, really pleased you like it, this means a lot :)
    Thank you so much @Nejioranaid you are very kind, glad you like the park, it was lots of fun to build :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Many thanks @BreeMiles for stopping by and leaving your beautiful words, very much appreciated :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Xanadu

Really enjoying contemporary building so here is Xanadu, a 3 bed, 3 bath modern home. Lots of outdoor space for relaxing plus balconies designed for yoga, art and entertaining :)

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/5ADFA5981EB511E681F6FD26FF3ADE4A?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

1uvoJtg.png

rOghx3m.jpg

ZxEeaEb.jpg
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Xanadu is a very nice modern home! :) Very nice exterior design of the home and layout of the outdoors areas! They looks very great! The design and shape of the water features in the front area of the build looks great! The water fountains features look very nice! The rectangle slabs front pathway looks very nice. Nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy eating outdoors in the air at the table. The wooden ground texture of the outdoors areas gives a nice look to the home. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The black and brown colour scheme looks nice. The kitchen nook is very nice! The cabinets look nice how they are placed to create the fridge nook and wall cutlery is a great kitchen touch. The half walls look nice separating off the kitchen and dining areas. The dining alcove is nice. The type of seating used suits well the home type. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the dining table. The plant in the corner of the alcove looks great! Nice living room sitting nook for sims to enjoy resting on the sofa or armchairs watching tv. The musician themed wall picture adds to the nice look of the area. Very nice bathroom. The grey wall tiling looks nice. The wall of candles are restful for sims to see when relaxing in the bath tub, and looks nice used to separate off the bath tub nook . Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The black curtains look nice in one of the single bedrooms. Sims will enjoy keeping fit using the fitness equipment there, whilst looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. The blue candles are a nice calming touch on the bedside table. The teddy in the kids room looks cute! The colours of the kids bedroom walls look nice together. The items are nice touches on the wall shelves on the bedhead wall. The flooring tiling gives a nice look to the bedrooms. The lattice flowers are pretty over the master bedroom windows.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    Dear @rosemow it is always such a pleasure to read your lovely words and I thank you very much for your endless kindness :) I really appreciate all your support and wish you a wonderful weekend :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Wow! Super elegant! Great lines! Really diggin' your modern era you got going here. :) And excellent use of tile.
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Beautiful builds as always!
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Hi dear Christine! Hope everything is going very well for you! :)
    Apologies, I haven't visited your thread for so long, but I'm still supporting your builds in the gallery, of course! And now, I'm here to comment on your latest build! :)

Xanadu is a beautiful contemporary home! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, simple but looks very stylish! Love the stone pillars and the balconies! Your landscaping looks very pretty! Love the fountain out front, even the stepping stones! The pool looks very relaxing with a beautiful sculpture! I think I may borrow that idea, hehe! ;) And your interior, so sleek! Very elegant color scheme with some touches of orange! Love the bedroom with a flower bed too!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    Xanadu is seriously beautiful, I have the perfect sim to play in this house, love it thank you! @masajo
    May we all chill like wizards
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Xanadu is beautiful! great texture and architecture. I always love how your interior flows soo well. Great job!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    This house is awesome and I love the color combination on the outside!
    Very striking yet relaxing at the same time.

We obviously had the same idea when it comes to those fountain sculptures ;D
    But you know what they say, great minds think alike :) Or so I have heard.

I also like the placement of those candles in the bathroom. It looks really good!
  • Options
    Many thanks @Ash072 for your lovely kind words :) I'm really enjoying this modern era, finding it's lots of fun to build this way :)
    Thank you so much @lovelylyssia095 this is really kind of you and very much appreciated :)
    Big thank you dear @RyeCris16 you are always very kind and supportive and your comments are a great pleasure to read :)
    Very kind of you @kitoraem thank you very much for stopping by and your wonderful words :)
    Glad you like the interiors @Nhicks I always try and make each room flow into the next, thank you very much for your wonderful words :)
    Many thanks @Manssom for your kind and wonderful words, I love the fountain sculpture and think it makes a great feature :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! Both Mambo and Xanadu are great looking houses! My favourite is Mambo! Love the colour combo of both the houses and the lovely interiors. Those cars parked in the front of the house made me wish that we had real cars in the game. Let's hope we get that in the future. Will be adding to my favourite when I get the chance to open the game. <3 Got not much simming time these days. :(
  • Options
    Thank you ever so much dear @yanti68 you are more than kind :) I also wish we had cars or even more variety of 'toy' cars, fingers crossed for the future! Hope you manage to get more simming time soon :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Sundance

Starters are always a massive challenge, I have started to build so many then the budget just takes over! Sundance really is a big achievement for me and has provided inspiration to try to create more :)

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/6C0C554E21DB11E68C5655A400D911F8?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

X7uTkUW.png

g82Z7qm.jpg
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Sundance is really beautiful a d nicley decorated for a starter! Great job! I really love the design and colors!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    Big thank you @Nhicks glad you like the design and colour scheme, this really was fun to build :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    It is lovely! I had to giggle a bit at the giant penguin tv :lol: But I do understand why it was picked.
    Like you said, building a starter IS a challenge. I did several of those in TS3 but I haven't managed
    to do one for TS4 yet. I wonder why that is.... I blame those big lots. Too addicted, lol :)

You did a really great job ^_^ And the structure looks amazing. Very modern and clean :)
  • Options
    Many thanks @Manssom really appreciate your kind words :) It was very exciting to complete a starter, gives such a great sense of achievement :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Sundance is a very nice modern starter! :) It is great that you have achieved your goal of making a starter and coming under budget ! Very nice exterior of the home. The large glass windows look nice and create nice indoors areas where sims can look out at the views, and also enjoy sunshine coming in through them. Very nice layout of the interior. The white, tan/orange and black colour scheme of the interior looks very nice. The enlarged penguin tv looks cute in the living room! Sims will enjoy resting on the sofa watching tv, with sunlight coming in through the side window. The leafy picture is a nice nature touch on the wall. The orange flowers picture on the kitchen wall is sunny ad cheery for sims to see when cooking there or enjoying dining at the table. The hanging pots are a nice kitchen touch. The fridge looks great placed in the corner nook. The black bedside tables and master bed complement each other and look nice. The white tiling in the bathroom gives a great look to the room.
    It is a very nice starter home :)
  • Options
    Big thank you dear @rosemow for your wonderful words and kindness, you are so very kind :) To achieve starter status has given me a new challenge to create a starter using basegame only, oh this will be difficult for me :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    masajo wrote: »
    Big thank you dear @rosemow for your wonderful words and kindness, you are so very kind :) To achieve starter status has given me a new challenge to create a starter using basegame only, oh this will be difficult for me :)

I hope that your creating of a starter home using only base game items goes well! :)
  • Options
    Thank you dear @rosemow this may take forever ;)
    uzE2H1V.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top