Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch next week! Growfruits and egg hunting!

Comments

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Tbh though, this feels like a "Gamepack is not ready we need a placeholder!!!!!!" Rather than intended to be the actual new way to play.

Still I'll set myself a challenge.

WWyA1.gif

This was something that was always planned to happen, the gardening portion of the challenge is a new addition. We are actually looking at expanding the way we do challenges, this is just the start :)

Also I voted for "Anna Holiday" to be the NPCs name (it was a suggestion by one of the other members of them team...cause it sounds like 'On A Holiday' lol --its the little things I get excited over.) But we're hoping to have her make a regular appearance for future challenges as well :)

My suggestion for these events/challenges would be to have the world decorated according to what's going on, if it's a spring event, make flowers spawn randomly around the worlds, if it's a hallowen event, change the sky/lighting color and/or add pumpkins to spawn randomly around the world, if it's a christmas event, add snow around the world.

This don't needs to work for all the worlds, just WC maybe...
    I got this idea a while back while i was playing Sonic Runners, it was really cool how they had these holiday events and the levels changed according to what's going on, when we had the hallowen challenge last year i immediately started to think that something like that could work with TS4. :#

too hard too expensive haha
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Lishacake wrote: »
    I missed the last egg hunt, so I'm gonna try and give this year's one a go. Also looking forward to the growfruit challenge.

Plant a garden in your back yard. Last year my Sim wasn't even looking for the eggs and she found all of them in her garden as she tended her plants.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Lishacake wrote: »
    I missed the last egg hunt, so I'm gonna try and give this year's one a go. Also looking forward to the growfruit challenge.

Plant a garden in your back yard. Last year my Sim wasn't even looking for the eggs and she found all of them in her garden as she tended her plants.

That happened to me!!! haha
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think these are the 2 new egg designs:

a78f955db8.png

It looks like the bases are different. I wonder if they made them all in recolours (I don't like the gold base).
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Well that's underwhelming.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

a78f955db8.png

It looks like the bases are different. I wonder if they made them all in recolours (I don't like the gold base).

Oh my OCD... I will suffer
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

a78f955db8.png

The blog said that two new colored eggs were added to the hunt this year. :)

• Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    No one is ever going to be happy!

I'm happy. I still enjoy playing the game. It's just that these additions aren't really to my liking, so I'm probably not going to take part in them.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I just saw a pic of sim with long red hair in a blog pic. If this is Jasmine Holiday, she does look a bit like Summer Holiday and she does look cute. B)

Jasmine Holiday is actually the lovely lady in this particular image in the pink blazer:

TS4_688_SPRING_CHALLENGE_SCREEN_003.jpg
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    @SimGuruDrake You should totally give Jasmine custom outfits for each 'visit' so during Easter challenges she wears bunny ears, in summer she wears sunglasses and a bright dress, in Autumn a spooky halloween costume and for winter a warm jacket or santa hat!
  • Options
    Amy327Amy327 Posts: 67 Member
    Oh yay a recycled patch.
  • Options
    MonkinonkMonkinonk Posts: 120 Member
    Gotta say though, I'm getting a kick out of the the disparity between "Open neighborhoods!"
    "Cars!"
    "ToDdLeRs"

And planters.
    Albeit very nice planters, they look great ;)
    tE7NLOj.png
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I don't mind looking for Easter eggs again. More eggs to add to the collection in Buy/Debug. Some of the players might have missed out on the chance last year. It doesn't take all that long to get the rabbit. Maybe it is a different rabbit. Maybe it is the same. Idk. The growfruit challenge sounds sort of interesting. What exactly is a growfruit and what does it do? I will have to bone up on my gardening skills, but hey, maybe I can use the planters and the plant in Build/Buy. I am sure after you gain the items they will either stay in your game or be in debug. I never complain about free stuff and am willing to take a stab at these challenges.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    I wonder if we can "kidnap" her and make her part of a household? I also hope that the items we get (and don't get) in these challenges will be found in debug when the challenges are over! I will always be #TeamAllTheThings

I agree with the bolded. Totally fine with the challenge being limited time (that's what makes it a challenge! :) ) but I don't see why the objects themselves need to be limited time as well.

Yes, it's the sims, I hate to have content I can't access to, especially when it's free. It would be cool if they were unlocked permanently for everyone after the challenge is over.

That would totally defeat the purpose of it. I don't want the easter eggs unlocked for everyone just because or the tree... it makes it not fun. Maybe they can do it with SOME objects, sometimes like months after the challange... like they did with the halloween stuff.

It's not fun for many of us at it is though. Some of us feel it's grindy, boring, and entirely against the genre of The Sims.

On top of that, The Sims isn't an MMO. Seasonal events like this are just unnecessary in a single player game, especially in a game that has its own clock and calendar.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I hope somebody makes a mod to keep Jasmine Holiday and the growfruit in the game. I don't like temporary things.

@SimGuruDrake, Anna Holiday is a much better name. How did that not win? XD and I'm glad we will see her return.

But I still want a mod for her :3
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    I wonder if we can "kidnap" her and make her part of a household? I also hope that the items we get (and don't get) in these challenges will be found in debug when the challenges are over! I will always be #TeamAllTheThings

I agree with the bolded. Totally fine with the challenge being limited time (that's what makes it a challenge! :) ) but I don't see why the objects themselves need to be limited time as well.

Yes, it's the sims, I hate to have content I can't access to, especially when it's free. It would be cool if they were unlocked permanently for everyone after the challenge is over.

That would totally defeat the purpose of it. I don't want the easter eggs unlocked for everyone just because or the tree... it makes it not fun. Maybe they can do it with SOME objects, sometimes like months after the challange... like they did with the halloween stuff.

What?

Also the trick or treat challenge was unfair for all the people who wanted the trick items, like me. Most of us were hoping they would secretly give us all of them but we had to wait.

But anyways, I don't fully understand what's your problem of having the items unlocked. BTW I wish we still had the trick or treat interactions....though hopefully this year they put some more effort into that since the trick was just the scared animation that is already being used twice or more for "diferent" interactions....

And no it doesn't defeat the challenge purpose, especially assuming they change them every year. Also I hope when this series ends that they don't magically forget to patch what players might not have in their games if devs follow the arguments/logic you are presenting. Not to mention the objects unlock per save not per game/origin account. If you re-install the game you will have to unlock them again and new people will not have the items in their saves etc, so either way it's unfair in my point of view.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I just saw a pic of sim with long red hair in a blog pic. If this is Jasmine Holiday, she does look a bit like Summer Holiday and she does look cute. B)

Jasmine Holiday is actually the lovely lady in this particular image in the pink blazer:

TS4_688_SPRING_CHALLENGE_SCREEN_003.jpg

Oh...what? :p LOL

I thought it was this one:

TS4_688_SPRING_CHALLENGE_REWARD_03_002.jpg
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Tbh though, this feels like a "Gamepack is not ready we need a placeholder!!!!!!" Rather than intended to be the actual new way to play.

Still I'll set myself a challenge.

WWyA1.gif

This was something that was always planned to happen, the gardening portion of the challenge is a new addition. We are actually looking at expanding the way we do challenges, this is just the start :)

Also I voted for "Anna Holiday" to be the NPCs name (it was a suggestion by one of the other members of them team...cause it sounds like 'On A Holiday' lol --its the little things I get excited over.) But we're hoping to have her make a regular appearance for future challenges as well :)

Fair enough. Don't worry, I loved the WooHoo challenge and the Halloween challenge :)
    My dream is for you guys to bring back challenges (Opportunities from Sims 3, or Challenges from the old skool console games etc.) so this is great.

It's just @SimGuruNinja made it sound like the Game Pack was being "served up" very soon. So this took me by surprise.

matt-smith-cute-gifs-10282014-03.gif
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited March 2016
    @Orchid13 wrote: »
    even patches are getting delayed... great

The patch is due this month. If we get to the end of March 31st without one, it's delayed.

still... 3 weeks of march is too much. Cause then obviously will have to wait like three weeks for the next patch so they can fix all the bugs they introduced with the previous one.

This is getting ridiculous

The Feb. 4 patch fixed a lot of bugs (there was much hi-fiving among the Bug forum crew over it) and introduced no new ones that I know of, though there were still some outstanding after it. It's been remarkably quiet in the Bugs forum. Obviously, there are lots of outstanding change-this-feature requests, but those aren't bugs.

Um there are huge bugs that been in the game since day one... so yeah.

Cinebar wrote: »
    Is there a rule we get a patch every month? I haven't seen or heard we will always get a bug fix patch every month. What I have read is we would get 'new ways to play' every month and a few times that hasn't been true.

Also true. Thank you for reminding me.

But you said specifically that the new patches introduce new bugs while the last patch introduced no new bugs. It doesn't always happen.

You just seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining in that regard. The only new bug we've got in a patch for a while was the spicy food bug. The bugs section seems to be only reporting bugs that are older, albeit more specific to certain users.

relationship culling was also introduced in a patch. Constant wohoo was introduced in a patch. Not owning retail lots for God knows what reasonn was introduced in a bug.

Just do me a favor and ignore me

None of those are from any of the patches in the last 3 months. Which is my point exactly.
    It doesn't always happen. We don't always get heaps of bugs from new patches.
  • Options
    GreenondiniGreenondini Posts: 19 Member
    > @ChadSims2 said:
    > Growfruit challenge they're listening! This is what everyone been asking for since the game was released.

You just made my day, laughed so hard my belly hurts ;)
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Not too interested in this mostly because it feels like an MMO with the NPC and all. Go talk to X to start your quest, then return to collect your prize. Definitely don't want that in Sims. Good luck to all who do the challenge though.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    They went all in explaining the Growfruit challenge but not what's in the patch?
  • Options
    GreenondiniGreenondini Posts: 19 Member
    > @alanmichael1 said:
    > The contrast between our expectations (Toddlers! Cars! Seasons! Toddlers!) and EA's reality (A new planter!) makes me always smile :) .

Spot on..... as @ChadSims2 said, they really are listening to the community. Gotta love them!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Not too interested in this mostly because it feels like an MMO with the NPC and all. Go talk to X to start your quest, then return to collect your prize. Definitely don't want that in Sims. Good luck to all who do the challenge though.

I definitely also have a bit of the same issue as you do....maybe Olympus is still in their sights lol....

Either way the prize is beyond meh, but I don't want my game to start to feel like an MMO especially if there is locked (free) content I can't access.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1