Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Voted. Now to wait for the results. :)

Thank you! Only 3 more days!
  • Options
    Sneak peek of the pie-chart right now, keeping a secret who's who! o:)
    You still have time to vote on your favorite!
    Blue or Phantom?

pie_chart.png
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Oh how you taunt me with your pie chart!
  • Options
    Ruby10990 wrote: »
    Oh how you taunt me with your pie chart!

I thought it was worth sharing :D
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Voted. :wink:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    1.30 End of an era

10_2_16_15_53_19.png

After all these years, finally a park had been build on the ground that Avery had chosen all these years ago. Angela had passed away but her replacement had given a friendly smile and together they finished the plans Avery had made through the years.

10_2_16_15_52_13.png

Besides a big fountain surrounded by benches and chess tables, the park had a 'kids-corner'. Avery hoped that one day she could take her grandchildren to the huge pirate ship, like she had with her own children. Near the pirate ship she had placed the carcass off the cow-like-plant. She had stashed it in the attic throughout the years and it fitted well as monster for children to aim their canons at.

10_2_16_15_52_25.png

On the other side of the park, Avery had designed a little wedding venue. Her own wedding had been a back-yard wedding, and while she wouldn't change a single thing about the day, she knew others deserved a special place like this.

10_2_16_15_56_27.png

At the back of the park there was a fishing-pond. In between the two toilet buildings. Jameson particularly enjoyed it. It might not be Granite Falls, but it's a close second.

10_2_16_15_52_50.png

The plants Avery cared for all these years had found their place on top of the toilet-buildings. For decoration and for safety. Her heart could not handle kids, teenagers and not so adult-like adults vandalizing the plants she had put so many years in.

10_2_16_16_00_30.png

Fairly close to a well, Avery had planted a bush. It grew bigger than she originally planned and the clumsiness off it didn't appeal to her at all. Jameson, however, found the perfect solution for making the plant a place they would both grow to love.

10_2_16_15_53_52.png

Both her boys where fond of the park too. It was nice to have a place to go to besides home and school. Newcrest was small and never being able to go out of the town, a change like a park was a gift from heaven.

10_2_16_16_00_54.png

Phantom, especially loved the fountain. With soap preferably. Nobody seemed to mind, though. The foam that formed in the fountain was a playful touch, accenting it's beauty rather than demolishing it.

10_2_16_16_05_56.png

Blue loved the picnic tables, he managed to do his homework as well as meeting with friends. Even old ones. Once Olivia got hold of the knowledge that a park erupted from nothingness, she invited Blue out for a stroll. That stroll however, became Olivia talking the ears of his head, while he was doing homework. He didn't seem to mind, though.

10_2_16_15_24_29.png

Talking about Avery's children. Her son had accomplished in merely half a year, what took her almost a life-time. As the park was build her son had talked to Angela Montgomery's replacement. A lot had become available to build a house on, and he had suggested that he would build it. Being chosen as heir of the legacy, he would be responsible for building anyway. Without hesitation he had signed multiple contracts and started working on the construction of the house. Together with the blue-prints of two other ones. Avery and her family stayed at Nova's house while on one side of Newcrest a park was build and on the other side their home. Avery's son had promised to build affordable houses, starting with one for his very own family.

10_2_16_15_36_44.png

And how they enjoyed it! The house was a perfect fit for the four of them. It wasn't too big nor too small. It was just right and felt like home in no time.

Download the park here!

A/N As you may or may not know, I'm not a really talented builder. I started this challenge in order to improve my building skills. The park from the link is the first park I ever attempted to build. I still hope you enjoy it and feedback is always appreciated :blush:
  • Options
    girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
  • Options
    girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    Also, I love how you finished out Gen 1!
  • Options
    RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    What a sneaky way to talk about the winner of the heir vote! :lol: I can't wait to see the reveal. I really liked this gen 1 finale chapter too. It was very heartwarming and satisfying :)

The park looks great too!
  • Options
    So Blue won?

Also, I love how you finished out Gen 1!

That will remain a mystery for now ;) The reveal will be in the next chapter!
    And thank you :blush:

Rinellie wrote: »
    What a sneaky way to talk about the winner of the heir vote! :lol: I can't wait to see the reveal. I really liked this gen 1 finale chapter too. It was very heartwarming and satisfying :)

The park looks great too!

I wanted to keep it a secret a little longer :lol:
    Have to get used to my new head-of-household for now!
    I was really insecure about the park, glad you like it!
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Ugh! I'm DYING to know!!! Love all the new items. I bought the Romantic stuff pack but haven't had a chance to use it yet!!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Ruby10990Ruby10990 Posts: 491 Member
    Hmm, don't really know for sure who won but I have a guess based on the current heirs pants. Also I love the romantic garden stuff pack, I seem to have the most amazing luck with the wishing well!
  • Options
    Hmm, don't really know for sure who won but I have a guess based on the current heirs pants. Also I love the romantic garden stuff pack, I seem to have the most amazing luck with the wishing well!

@Ruby10990 hahaha I was trying to look at previous screenshots too to look at the boys' pants and shoes :lol: A lot of the pictures don't show them though! Sterret's a crafty one.
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited February 2016
    No idea who won but your timing was perfect :) all the new stuff to try out ;) a wonderful park you built
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I also don't build much on my own, so I can understand your worries :) Relax, your park looks very beautiful! Now it's time to wait and know who won the heir vote. ;)
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    I love the suspense! I too was trying to look at the bottom of the pants for a clue, lol. I loved the inclusion of that new fountain in your park, the items that came with the new pack are so lovely! I haven't had a chance to put them anywhere, so I really appreciate seeing them used!

Can't wait to find out the heir! :D
  • Options
    Ugh! I'm DYING to know!!! Love all the new items. I bought the Romantic stuff pack but haven't had a chance to use it yet!!! <3

The pack is amazing! It has such stunning items!

The pack really is amazing!

@Rinellie
    Don't base your outcome to much on the pants. The boys have multiple outfits after all ;)

Marialein wrote: »
    No idea who won but your timing was perfect :) all the new stuff to try out ;) a wonderful park you built

I might have planned it that way when I heard what the next stuff-pack would be. Thank you so much!
    I also don't build much on my own, so I can understand your worries :) Relax, your park looks very beautiful! Now it's time to wait and know who won the heir vote. ;)

Thank you so much! I don't think I did really bad, just that it could be better :blush:
    sabreene wrote: »
    I love the suspense! I too was trying to look at the bottom of the pants for a clue, lol. I loved the inclusion of that new fountain in your park, the items that came with the new pack are so lovely! I haven't had a chance to put them anywhere, so I really appreciate seeing them used!

Can't wait to find out the heir! :D

I moved the Grace-family in their new home, still wearing party-wear. A little hint for the heir ;)
  • Options
    2.1 Welcome to our humble adobe

10_2_16_15_32_05.png

The Grace-family's new house was perfect. The two story building seemed to have everything they wished for. It had cost a little under 55,000 simoleons, which was an affordable price for a family that definitely wasn't starting anymore. They even had some funds left, making it possible to expand later on.

10_2_16_15_43_19.png

Avery her garden wasn't as big as it always had been, but that was alright. She was getting older too and sometime even had to hire help. Still, mostly she didn't. All the plants had erupted from seeds of her old ones, and she was scared that one would not understand how to take care of them. Besides that, the plants where the main source of income for the household.

10_2_16_16_33_36.png

Especially now that Jameson had retired. Due to him changing from careers so often, he never reached a high function in his careers. The money that was put on his bank-account every month definitely showed that. Sometimes he felt guilty towards his family about this, he then approached Avery and her plants. But his wife would only let him water them, constantly watching his every move. And as soon as he yawned she ushered him to the bench on the other side of the yard. "Take a rest, honey." She would then say, after kissing his cheek.

10_2_16_15_41_42.png

But Jameson was an active person, he wouldn't let him be treated like some old man. Even though he was. Often he would take a run in the evening, always returning home exhausted and being put in bath and after that in bed by his family. Yet that didn't stop it from trying again a few days after.

10_2_16_15_33_27.png

Before moving in, the house underwent some changes. Pictures were hung everywhere and certain new furniture was swapped with what they had already owned. Phantom's bedroom for example had been a cream-colored room, with a princess like bed and nightstand. One problem, if Phantom was anything, it sure wouldn't be a princess. So they sold the furniture for a more age-appropriate decor. Only the walls weren't repainted, luckily Phantom didn't mind. It even provided him material for some jokes! He would often retreat in his bedroom, away from all the people crowding up on him. A lot of strangers went in and out of their house to meet his brother.

10_2_16_16_14_56.png

Blue vowed to build for Newcrest after all. Architects and building-company's regularly pleaded for his attention. After his mother had put a stamp on the city with her park, their little family had suddenly become some kind of celebrities. Blue especially, being only 18 year old and in his final year of high-school, yet already build a house for his entire family to live in. And everyone knew he wouldn't stop there. Though this house was fairly cheap, Blue had promised to build at least two more houses, costing less than 20,000 simoleons. To give everyone a chance to experience Newcrest. Tons of people wanted to join Blue in this process, hoping to gain some fame their selves.

10_2_16_15_25_40.png

Blue, however, had only made a start on some sketches of the houses. Right now he wasn't really thinking about actually realising those plans. His mother had taken up until her forties to build her park. Blue wasn't even nineteen and could already claim he was done with one-third. Right now was the time to focus on his self. Your teenage years should be the time to find out who you are and what makes you happy. Constantly worrying about the future, wasn't included in either of those. Blue rather experimented with his artistic side that he inherited from his mother.

10_2_16_16_18_44.png

Either fiddling on his guitar of trying out his mothers easel, both where equally satisfying occupations. Right now school was the least of his worries, summer was getting closer and his grades were higher than Bob Marley had ever been. He would ace his exams and go straight to college, the scholarship was already his. There was only one thing he was worried about.

10_2_16_16_25_49.png

Lately Phantom had been awfully quiet around him, only ever complaining about school when saying anything at all. Blue was afraid Phantom felt like he wasn't appreciated. Ever since the building of the house and the park everything had orbited around Blue, leaving Phantom in his shadow. When Blue was little he had found his brother annoying and nosy, Phantom had been much younger than him and being a kid he didn't have sympathy yet. But now he was worried about his little brother. It had never been his intention to make him feel second-best.

10_2_16_15_39_55.png

Blue's father was getting older and he felt like his mother had a hard time with that. Now that her children were both older she trusted them enough to take care of themselves, hoping to spend as much times with her husband as possible. She still cared for them, but her undivided attention had been a rare thing the last few days. She was almost always eyeing Jameson while talking to them.

10_2_16_16_26_36.png

Only what Blue failed to realize was that Phantom enjoyed his time alone, he was an introvert and seeing all the attention from strangers that claimed his brother only made him feel relieved. That could've been HIM, and that would've made him very miserable. He would much rather spend his days alone with his family, enjoying the loud silence they made when together. He would crack a joke now and then, but they wouldn't feel obligated talking to each other. The only thing he wished for was a little more attention from his brother.

A/N The house will be put up at the gallery at the end of this generation, along with the other two houses which are yet to be build.
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
  • Options
    Marialein wrote: »
    Yay congrats Blue :) and I am happy that Phantom feels good with the desicion.

I was so happy I decided to let my readers choose in the begin of the story. Both boys have so many qualities! :D
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    I'm happy that Blue was the one! (But Phantom is happier than me, lol!) Welcome Generation 2! I still love Avery and J of course ;)
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    Congratulations to Blue! And to Phantom, who doesn't have to deal with all those strangers!! Very nice house, too!!
  • Options
    I'm happy that Blue was the one! (But Phantom is happier than me, lol!) Welcome Generation 2! I still love Avery and J of course ;)

It was a 4 vote difference! It definitely worked out well, though :blush:
    sabreene wrote: »
    Congratulations to Blue! And to Phantom, who doesn't have to deal with all those strangers!! Very nice house, too!!

Thank you so much! I've taken so many pictures of it, but decided not to post them all after all :lol:
  • Options
    Congrats to Blue! :) I'm glad that Phantom seems relieved to not be the heir. Lovely chapter! I liked checking in with the Grace family.