Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the sims 4 getting better???

Comments

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Well it's not getting any worse...
    I suppose that's a positive.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Well it's not getting any worse...

That depends on who you ask. :D
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited February 2016
    Well, I haven't had a chance to play everything that the game has to offer since Get to Work, as I was out of the loop.

But, from what I've seen catching up (now have all EP/GP/SP), it has definitely improved! The Expansion Packs make the most difference, in my opinion, because they change the most with core functionality of the game.

Game Packs offer the second best, as they're fleshed out niches. I especially love all of the interactions and options with Spa Day.

Stuff Packs change the least, but they are fun in their own ways, such as the lovely ice cream machine (homage to plant sims!) and the wishing well.

I still think that we need Generations/Pets/Seasons to make it feel "alive" for me, but that's how I've felt with every edition of the Sims. I'm excited to see what other ideas they have up their sleeves though--I'm sure most expansions will revolve around the same "formula" but tweaked. However, the GPs and SPs seem quirky and niche! :grin::heart:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Not in my opinion. It's getting fuller, but not much better.

EXACTLY this!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Buttzilla01Buttzilla01 Posts: 2 New Member
    Well, I've only got Get Together, Get To Work and the holiday pack, so I can't say much, but I didn't really care for the base game until I got the expansions and packs. But, I suppose the game could be better. We DO need more things for the game, more things from all the other games. I like sims 4, I truly do, but Sims 3 had beautiful expansions to play with... when I could actually play the game! Anyway, we need more things to actually make it better, like, pets, seasons, generations, like Ashcrash said. But I'm pretty alright with the game, could be better.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'd say so, but it's still lacking, and content like seasons, pets, etc. won't fix that.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    edited February 2016
    I think it has gotten better:

Emotions - Emotions have been improved over time, I've seen less quick shifting of Emotions, in fact, sometimes I can't override Emotions due to specific Moodlets, although saying that, it means you can sometimes lose control of what Emotion you want your Sims to feel but only for a fairly short amount of time thankfully. They've also improved Sim reactions to certain things such as Deaths and Fires - They made it so that Enemies of those who die become Happy rather than being Sad like those close to the Sims that died feel.

Neighborhoods - I think these have been improving allot, especially with Windenburg - We're getting more different levelled terrain(although still no Terrain Tool), we're getting more FX to lighten up the areas, they're getting larger I think(which can be bad with huge lots since the Sim per Lot population is still 20), we're getting more outdoor activities and incentives in my opinion for our Sims to leave their homes and explore or visit other Lots. Plus I think the Neighborhoods all look beautiful and stunning! <3

Socializing & Control - I think Socializing with other Sims has greatly improved, Sims now have different greetings towards Sims depending on Relationship, the Group System was added to the Base Game making it easier to make other Sims you have no control over do allot of things you want them to, we finally get some more control over other Sims in this franchise. With the addition of Outdoor Retreat - we got some our first Group Activities that weren't tied to objects and with the addition of Get Together, we got the Club System which lets us have more in-depth control of more than just our own Sims.

Objects & CAS - I feel that these two aspects have largely improved - we're getting allot more detailed CAS Parts and Build & Buy Mode Objects but at the same time we're getting plain options for those who don't like things too detailed, we're also seeing some new textures, more animations/special effects with Objects and a few CAS Parts. We've gotten up to 4 Story Houses and 2 Basement Levels as well. In addition some more Build & Buy Mode Objects have become draggable in Live Mode making it easier to have things to do outside of the lots, this started with Outdoor Retreat. With Romantic Garden Stuff Pack, it's the first time The Sims 4 ever had more Male(Teens and Older) CAS Parts than Females, although I feel it's still a bit unbalanced, I'm glad they're giving Male Sims more love. I also love that they've added a Mods Filter to make it easier to find what's Custom and what's not.

Build Mode - Personally, I feel like Build Mode has definitely improved, with the additions of Pools, an extra story, 2 basement levels, pool water styles, cheats to increase rug object size and cheats to change their heights, as well as the addition of new Tools to make Building easier, the improvements made to crop out areas of Buildings as well as moving the entire Building at once has made it both easier and more enjoyable for me. Oh! How could I forget about the Half Walls, they're different Heights and can be used a Platform that Objects can be placed on, heck, they can be used as kind of tables for Sims to eat on(if the proper height).

Gameplay & Animations - They've been gradually adding more Base Game gameplay and animations as we get new Patches, which I'm happy about. The Game Packs and Expansion Packs have also been adding allot of gameplay and animations to the game, heck, even the Stuff Packs have been doing it - I feel that through premium content, they've been expanding on several different aspects of the game rather largely and more so suiting a wider range of people, not everyone is going to love what we get. The daily uses of some of the content from the premium Packs make me enjoy every day life in The Sims 4 - Outdoor Retreat's Group Activities, Get To Work's Illness System, Get Together's Club System and even some of the gameplay from Stuff Packs have made me enjoy playing a sort of everyday style in my game :3

The Gallery - I've felt that The Gallery has truly improved over time, with new Tags and other new features(I don't use The Gallery that much xD) it's become allot easier for me to use The Gallery and I'm sure it will continue to improve. Plus the addition of the Lot Bin has made it easier to place Buildings on lots without having to go through a loading screen(although they can still be facing the wrong way :x).

This is just scratching the surface of what's improved in The Sims 4, I'd love to get into more detail but I'm trying to get out of the habit of writing enormous Posts, sorry! :x

Overall, I definitely feel the game has improved, in terms of loading times, Create-A-Sim, Build & Buy Mode as well as Live Mode. In the end, whether that will make a difference will be dependent on the Simmer of course as no matter what anyone says, some people will still look at the game the same way, whether they choose to do so or not, I think The Sims 4 will continue to improve and I'll continue to support my favorite PC game :)
    Post edited by Prink34320 on
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    In my opinion, yes and no. It definitely has improved, but at the same time, I feel like we have way too many stuff packs in comparison to game and expansion packs. I mean, it's cool to have a bunch of stuff... But at the same time, I feel like we should be able to actually do more things. I find myself getting bored from time to time because I feel like I'm doing the same things over and over.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with how much the game has changed since its launch, I just wish we had more EPs.
  • Options
    YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No, OP it's not getting better it's like a something drowning and just now learning to tread water. That's not swimming. It's barely staying afloat. But in it's defense, you do have to learn how to tread water for a long time so if you can't swim you won't drown shorty. And you have to learn how to float if you get tired of swimming. So, that's my analogy.

It's funny the things that people think improves it, are the things from past games. Pools, Family Tree, Gardner for Hire, etc. etc. Which were all in the base games of the others. Isn't that sort of sad? And what they did with those doesn't exactly perform or work as well as they did in the past games. AKA Family Tree....an improvement? Or a distraction and illusion to make us think it's getting better. No point in adding half baked, broken stuff.

Is it better they stopped the musical chairs game? They said they patched it several months ago, right? Is it fixed? I would say no, if you have more than two Sims in a house you will find out shortly. Or more than two chairs.

Patches that tried to improve things so people can say gee this is so much better are those things they missed from the older games...like reacting to death. It's really a sad state of affairs when "Reactions" have to be patched into a game and wasn't the first and foremost focus to begin with.

What is improving is their listening to what is wrong but then again nothing impressive, mind blowing, new, never done before, never seen before EP or GP or whatever...but patches and other EPs and GPs that add back in what was in the previous game's core base games. It's not even funny they don't seem to grasp what the uproar is about.

ETA: The Improvements have been what they added in patches and to an EP or GP that were in the other games' base games. That's not actually saying a lot about a game that has to go back and re add those things to keep it's fan base interested.

Then just look at Retail in GTW...is that an improvement over standing at a cash register. You be the judge. I would say no.

So they release something half baked and then a patch for it a while later to make us think they're listening and improving? That's deep. I have to say the spicy food bug had me wondering the same thing.
  • Options
    caraBAMFcaraBAMF Posts: 12 New Member
    The expansion packs are lacking compared to packs in Sims 3 and Sim 2. The rumors and speculation of future releases make me hopeful the game will get better.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I think that overall the game is getting better but it will NEVER, EVER reach its full potential until some creative tools which allow creations to be 'unique' to each player are added, in the form of some kind of re-colouring tool. I used to love looking through the players creations area of the forum - so many unique creations were added in Sims 3. In Sims 4 there are some fantastic 'builds' by players but the interiors ............they're all the same ole, same ole EA created colours and patterns. I rarely look at that area of the forum anymore and even on Youtube you see some wonderfully constructed building but the interiors leave a lot to be desired and this situation is definitely not the fault of the builders whose creativity is being thwarted by the limitations imposed by the game, in my view..........
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    It's getting even better ! I can't wait to see what comes next !
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    Not in my opinion. It's getting fuller, but not much better.

That is SOoooo true and sad to say.
    It's pretty, but that's about it.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Neia wrote: »

*I* can. Especially if it's just another young adult centric game or expansion pack.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    I'd say it is getting better and I'd almost say it's a fun game. If the culling was fixed it would be a great game to me and if a generations expansion came with about 30 new family orientated interactions plus better details of family relation in the bar and the family tree, then.....then I'd be over the moon;
  • Options
    AmyDamesAmyDames Posts: 353 Member
    You know what the worst thing is. When your sims mother dies when he's at school and he doesn't really care because he didn't witness it 🐸🐸🐸🐸?!! Reactions should be hardware to events not only triggered by witnessing it. If your sims friend dies you should have a txt from someone telling you with grants a sad mood let
  • Options
    SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    It's definitely gotten better, but it's mostly only been baby steps. Get Together was a nice jump, but everything else has only boosted it up by a little to what it could be. I still enjoy the game quite a bit, but I know it could be a lot better with more big jumps.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited February 2016
    I'd say that it's improving. It's fun to a point, but it's just a shell of what the series used to be. For me, it still hasn't lived up to its hype. The emotions are there, but it's mostly lacking any "wow" factors. There's not really any DEPTH to the game.

Get Together is the only EP that I think made the game a little more bearable. Get to Work, is OK, but it should have included more careers (in my opinion). I would have liked the base game to have come with a few more as well. I miss the military option. :(

Plus, there are SO many glitches. Once they fix one, many more appear in its place. It's a vicious cycle and it really interrupts game play.

When players have to rely so heavily on mods, that really says something about the game.

Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    AmyDames wrote: »
    You know what the worst thing is. When your sims mother dies when he's at school and he doesn't really care because he didn't witness it 🐸🐸🐸🐸?!! Reactions should be hardware to events not only triggered by witnessing it. If your sims friend dies you should have a txt from someone telling you with grants a sad mood let

Omg great idea. :) That would be great, because I hate it when that happens.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,893 Member
    edited February 2016

I feel the same way! Can't wait to see what the next expansion is going to be. I feel it will be something totally different than what we've seen in the past.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    y34rn1ngy34rn1ng Posts: 67 Member
    ((I've only been playing since late in the TS3 age.))

First and foremost, I'm not a party person. I don't take my sims out every week, let alone every night, but I see that there's a problem with the socialization in this game.

I personally liked having my sims bond over different experiences. Having parents being able to hold their babies and also bond with toddlers (let's not get too far into that gutter) by speaking through their toys or peek-a-boo was ridiculously cute!! We miss a lot of parent and child bonding because there's no building blocks for parents to... well... parent! The parents or the children feel like accessories to the idea of "family". Getting out of the problem of family bonding the next problem is group bonding. There aren't any games/activities/interactions that 2 - x amount of sims can do together. The kids used to do tag, catch, hopscotch, soccer, skating, snowball fights and more while when they grew up they could build igloos, sing karaoke, keg stands, play video games, performing/seeing performances, etc. together.

What I'm trying to say is that when EA created the multi-tasking function they misjudged its efficiency. Just because I can have my sims converse while doing individual activities inside of a group structure it doesn't make up for having my sims doing activities TOGETHER while inside of a group structure. I think that's where the argument of family play may be stemming from; our sims can't do stuff together, they do things on their own while talking to each other.

((Also, the expansion pack "Get Together" doesn't quite fix it either... It's all still so... Devoid of relationship...))

That's personally one of my biggest beefs with this game. The emotions being recycled for every sim and not based on personality/personal situations can be bothersome. It really does feel like everyone's a robot. Also, if your husband's cheating and your daughter just died, surprisingly being surrounded by a nicely decorated interior and drinking some yummy beverages isn't going to make you forget about it and be happy. Like... Really?

This game is absurdly shallow. Very cute and upbeat!! Yet still absurdly shallow.

I think that if EA really put effort into it, they could create an absolutely engaging game by integrating the multi-tasking function WITH purposeful (2-x amount of Sims) group activities and games. It would make the game so much more interesting.

In conclusion, I don't believe these things will ever be sorted out or patched in. An expansion pack that focuses on deepening the experience would be fantastic, but I feel that it isn't to come. So these basic problems will persist and continue to make the game boring and flat. I don't think that it's improving. I think it's only leaving out the basic functions in order to have the perception of improvement and change.

Which... Yeah... Isn't my cup of tea.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

*I* can. Especially if it's just another young adult centric game or expansion pack.

As long as it's as young adult centric as the ones so far, I'm fine ;)

Get Together wasn't that YA centric to me for example, the two new skills were, but the rest wasn't : I have made dozens of children and teen clubs, a lot of family clubs, plenty of teaching clubs (an adult with children) and a bunch of elders club. I have yet to do a YA one in fact.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2016
    For me the ultimate addition to Sims 4 is the ability to edit lots, create neighborhoods, edit the terrain and create lots of different sizes, until that happens Sims 4 will never go over the top for me.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2016
    AmyDames wrote: »

Yes, this shows the lack of concern in this game of how players think things should work. Wouldn't you think when they got home they would realize someone died like in TS2 and TS3 but this game doesn't even register someone they knew died. I can't get past things like that missing in this game. How can it be the best in the series and not contain the depth of a family member dying or their best friend etc. like it does in TS2 or TS3? I don't get how anyone can say it's the best version ever. Why? Because it runs?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.