Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    I would seriously forget my head if it wasn't attached. Meant to post this before I showered, forgot all about it till I was IN the shower. Grr!

I need a favor from you guys. Test something for me?

I noticed earlier today that MC's No Aging flag doesn't seem to be working for me. I've had aging on Long for a while now, testing things out. One of the first things I do in a new game is flag Dennis Kim and Vivian Lewis for everything I can to keep them safe(r)... no culling, no aging, etc. The flags are set. But at midnight I looked, and they both showed 52 days old, then around noon I looked again, and it's showing 53.

So, the test... I'd like for somebody to set your aging to Long for both played and unplayed sims, and flag a few via MC to not age. Check their age, let the game roll for a bit, and check again.

I really want to know if I'm the only one it's happening for. Can't really test THAT here, you know? It *could* be something in my mods, but I have no idea what would torch a MC flag without me getting any errors at all. I'm running VERY light on anything extra right now.

And if I'm not the only one this aging issue going on for, and there's stealth aging going on in your game you aren't aware of, I thought you would maybe want to check that out.

Weird stuff.
  • Options
    sabreenesabreene Posts: 1,152 Member
    That's a great post, @egwarhammer !! So useful, with all that's going on!

btw -- I ran into someone that had a problem with aging! She was playing without MC Command Center, and her sims aged up when she thought they should've remained the same age.

And I had a bizarre thing -- An elder turned into a teen!!! It was really crazy. And I know I didn't do it accidentally, since he was the only one in his house and I never took him into cas or used the MC Command age setting on him. So weird!
  • Options
    Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I had kind of a weird thing with aging that I wanted to report. MC and other mods were in my game and enabled at the time. What I did was I took a couple of families out of my library and deleted some sims so I had just the 3 that I wanted, then aged them down to teens (from YA) and put them in a new save. About a sim hour in, one of them aged back up to a YA. Neither of the others did, so I just went into cas.fulleditmode and aged her back down, then turned aging off. Since then no more weird things have happened, but I just thought I'd post this in case it helped.
  • Options
    marinapjanicmarinapjanic Posts: 109 Member
    I have installed Get together and it works just fine.
    Of course, game has turned off custom content and I have read on many posts that a lot of cc's havent been updated for new patch.
    But Mc command center is on list of updated patches.
    Game work fine, but it alteres time. Without Mcc it is monday 9PM, and with it thursday 10AM.
    Do you know solution for this? I just love mcc, and cant imagine playing without it...
    And also, is risky woohoo mod updatet for this patch and where can I find it?

Thanks....
  • Options
    I have installed Get together and it works just fine.
    Of course, game has turned off custom content and I have read on many posts that a lot of cc's havent been updated for new patch.
    But Mc command center is on list of updated patches.
    Game work fine, but it alteres time. Without Mcc it is monday 9PM, and with it thursday 10AM.
    Do you know solution for this? I just love mcc, and cant imagine playing without it...
    And also, is risky woohoo mod updatet for this patch and where can I find it?

Thanks....

Answered in the Broken Mods thread also, but there's no harm in copying it here...

Sounds like you've changed the Game Time Speed setting. 25 is the default. If you make it that, your sim and game clocks should sync back up.

I'll PM you the woohoo link. It and MC are both on version 2.2.2 now. (Already sent the PM.)
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Hey guys, I'm pretty ignorant on how mods work.
    I have the MC Command Center installed in the mods folder, along with all the other modules. But, how do I get them to work? Do I put the commands into the cheat bar while playing the Sims? Or is there a more permanent place where I can put the commands?
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    @Missmagoo2 Hi there! It's actually pretty easy now, you don't really have to type too much! But there are commands you can type, if you want to do things like know your population (get_pop).

The will run it's different programs on different sim days, depending on your aging. You can change any of your settings by clicking on a computer in your sims house, and going to MC Command. From there you can choose all your options! You can keep defaults, or change them to however you'd like your game to play!
  • Options
    sabreene wrote: »
    @Missmagoo2 Hi there! It's actually pretty easy now, you don't really have to type too much! But there are commands you can type, if you want to do things like know your population (get_pop).

The will run it's different programs on different sim days, depending on your aging. You can change any of your settings by clicking on a computer in your sims house, and going to MC Command. From there you can choose all your options! You can keep defaults, or change them to however you'd like your game to play!

You're supposed to see the MC Command Center from your sim's computer? If I don't see the option to access it, does that mean that I've installed them incorrectly?
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Options
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »

You're supposed to see the MC Command Center from your sim's computer? If I don't see the option to access it, does that mean that I've installed them incorrectly?

If you don't see anything on the computer, it sounds like it might not be installed correctly. @egwarhammer wrote up this really handy installation guide, you can look through it to see if it helps out. If everything looks like it *should* be running, we can take it from there!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/865629/installing-mc-command-center-2-2-2-for-the-12-4-patch#latest
  • Options

If you don't see anything on the computer, it sounds like it might not be installed correctly. @egwarhammer wrote up this really handy installation guide, you can look through it to see if it helps out. If everything looks like it *should* be running, we can take it from there!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/865629/installing-mc-command-center-2-2-2-for-the-12-4-patch#latest

It's working!
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Options

It's working!

Yay!!! :grin::grin:

You should be able to customize things how you want them now!

On the front page of the mod (on MTS where you downloaded it), each section expands out if you want to look at all the defaults, and read the descriptions.

And if you want to look at how someone else set up theirs, on the page before this egwarhammer goes through her settings:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14381687/#Comment_14381687

With the menus how they are now, it's pretty easy to look through everything and get them to your liking!
  • Options

It's working!

Yay!!! :grin::grin:

You should be able to customize things how you want them now!

On the front page of the mod (on MTS where you downloaded it), each section expands out if you want to look at all the defaults, and read the descriptions.

And if you want to look at how someone else set up theirs, on the page before this egwarhammer goes through her settings:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14381687/#Comment_14381687

With the menus how they are now, it's pretty easy to look through everything and get them to your liking!

Thank you so much! :)
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Options
    Okay, does the MC Command stop the creation of sims that the game automatically creates? I put in custom sims, but I'm still getting pre-made sims integrated into my game, so I'm not sure if this is true...
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Options
    You can slow their creation by lowering the number of homeless, in the "Population - Maximum Homeless" setting. It won't stop them completely, because the game has to be able to make some or else it gets borked, but it will slow it down!

This is from egwarhammer:

"Population_MaximumHomeless": 15, (default -1=unlimited, a positive number will keep your incoming homeless numbers down. 20-25 is normal, 15 is because I'm in a new game.)
  • Options
    You know, I hadn't really gotten much into this part of MC, since it does something similar to one thing Weerbesu's UI Cheats mod does, change relationship values.

I had UI Cheats doing it before it was included in MC. But, with the new relationship problems now happening, I thought I'd mention a possible fix/reset from within MC itself.

Use your sim to click on another sim, from MC > Sim Commands > Set Active Relationship. You'll see these 2 windows, one for Friendly, one for Romantic.

34hb0ja.jpg

30c5452.jpg

Choose what you want. (Thumb your nose at the game, too.) LOL!

Also, as he did with sim-culling, DP's got something in store for the new (nasty) relationship culling.

Weather the storm, gang, we've got a fix incoming.

When is still TBA, but here's the post where Deaderpool mentions it:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=4930628#post4930628

Spread the word. Everybody should try MC at least once, IMO. And I bet we'll get some new users from this latest mess.

Happy holidays!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    You know, I hadn't really gotten much into this part of MC, since it does something similar to one thing Weerbesu's UI Cheats mod does, change relationship values.

I had UI Cheats doing it before it was included in MC. But, with the new relationship problems now happening, I thought I'd mention a possible fix/reset from within MC itself.

Use your sim to click on another sim, from MC > Sim Commands > Set Active Relationship. You'll see these 2 windows, one for Friendly, one for Romantic.

34hb0ja.jpg

30c5452.jpg

Also, as he did with sim-culling, DP's got something in store for the new (nasty) relationship culling.

Spread the word. Everybody should try MC at least once, IMO. And I bet we'll get some new users from this latest mess.

Happy holidays!

How does UI Cheats change relationship values? Can you drag them up/down?

Actually I want to totally get rid of the romantic bar between two Sims -- can either MCCC or UI Cheats do that? Or will it just be an empty bar?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    With UI Cheats you right click and enter a number for the relationship values, (100,100) would be full romance, full friendship. (100,0) would be full friendship, zero romance. BUT even with zero romance, if your sims already have the bar, it won't go away.

To really forget a sim, you should use MC Command. One sim has to be active and the other one not, so they can't be members of the same household. You can move one out temporarily, if you need to. Then you just click on their portrait, and go to MC Command, and you should find the part about "Forget Sim" (it's changed, and I can't remember exactly where it is in the menu). You'll have a choice of types of forgetting -- completely, friendship, romance -- If you want to keep the friendship but forget the romance, just choose romance.

I use it all the time for my happily married couples that get those silly little lovebird relationships when I rotate away. I come back, check their panels and "forget sim - romance" on any new romances that have popped up.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

34hb0ja.jpg

30c5452.jpg

Happy holidays!

How does UI Cheats change relationship values? Can you drag them up/down?

Actually I want to totally get rid of the romantic bar between two Sims -- can either MCCC or UI Cheats do that? Or will it just be an empty bar?

MC Command Center allows you to make a sim completely forget the romance bar so it is gone. Reducing the number to zero with UI cheats sets the romance bar to zero, but it is still visible.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help, everybody! I really appreciate you. <3

I am firmly in the midst of the Holiday in Retail season of madness, and I am TIRED. Downloaded & installed 2.3.0, updated config, restarted to set new options and take screenshots... that's it so far.

MC link in my sig for anybody interested.

Posting blitz in the AM, probably. I had 30+ Notifications (new) when I logged in. Little behind, yeah? LOL

New update looks awesome, I'm looking forward to trying it out after work. Which may affect how big the posting blitz turns out to be. Who knows?

Happy Holidays from your frazzled thread creator! :)
  • Options
    I thought I'd put up a screenshot of 2.3.0 installed. Still no Dresser, and no changes made to the woohoo package file (dated 11/26).

Everything else should be dated 12/18.

I took this picture about 10 seconds after I got it installed. Working fine here.

1zfh63r.jpg
  • Options
    I'm ticked off, the relationship bug erased Dennis and Vivian from each other. You know how I feel about those two. Bleah game.

He lives alone, in Windenburg, and she's married to one of the YA Partihaus guys, Paolo/Pablo? Rocca is their last name... I think. I don't know the new town well yet.

Yeah, I know I can fix it, but I *just* saw it, and I need to get to bed, so I'm letting it annoy me till I get up later. Pfft.

If the worst thing going on for me is that I'm irritated over something (fixable) a game did... life is good. :)

I do know new Clara Bj-something is Hot to Trot! She's had sauna sex with both Dennis Kim (hot/cold thing) and Nancy Landgraab. Um, ok. LOL!! (Nobody's pregnant... yet.)

Nancy and Clara could be twins. I think Nancy wanted to try for baby (in the hot tub!) with my Lana, but I freaked and canceled it. That's okay, Nancy, I'll pass. More because she's a Landgraab than because they're both females, really. I should get her and Geoffrey together. Calm her down a little. >:)

Turned on M,F insemination for same-sex marrieds, not that I have any in this game, right this minute. If I'd known it was gonna kick the gals' libido into high gear like this, I might've not done that. LOL!!

• Options
    copygirl29copygirl29 Posts: 68 Member
    So, I didn't think this was possible, but first an NPC spontaneously proposed to my sim and she accepted (I didn't get a choice), then that fast moving little blighter snuck a marriage on her! I only looked away for a second!

Has anyone had this before? Any chance it's down to a rogue setting in the Command Center mod?
  • Options
    copygirl29 wrote: »
    So, I didn't think this was possible, but first an NPC spontaneously proposed to my sim and she accepted (I didn't get a choice), then that fast moving little blighter snuck a marriage on her! I only looked away for a second!

Has anyone had this before? Any chance it's down to a rogue setting in the Command Center mod?

In the MC Tuner options, you can turn on Autonomous Marriage -- it's set as false for default, but perhaps it got turned on?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top