Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited November 2015
    Forum ate my comments, let's see if this will work...

@dreamerz13 Sadly no I think it was on one of those tumblr finds pages.
    Good job on your novel keep it up.

Ah okay, maybe I'll go hunt around one of them when I have a chance then. Thanks.
    Zabeth0 wrote: »
    @Dreamerz: Congratulations on being ahead. :D I hope your game gives you some easier time than it sounds like it is. :D

Thanks. Well, it's being a bit nicer for the time being (but I doubt it'll last XD)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8772312
    (The Neo Fusion)

20879078684_c5650e31c2_c.jpg
    Those two ^ are from October!

All lovely builds (as always), but I really love this one and the modern apartment.
    @dreamerz13 Congrats on the novel, sounds like you're making good progress. I hope your game cooperates with you.

Thanks. It is for the time being (mostly, some minor issues, but that's fine), hopefully it lasts.

Hopefully you can get all your store content and stuff back soon. I'm still getting mine back after like 3 months or something... but I also haven't been that dedicated to it XD. It can be a tedious process >.<.

Poor sim looks so horrified having that dew tested on her XD. Looks like Kaydence did a great job though on the presentation (of course, it's Kaydence, what else would you expect?).
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Just a quick thing, but I finally got something to work building-wise!

For reasons, I needed to make something that could convincingly be a wheelchair ramp. It took a lot of work with CFE (which I almost never use), but I think it looks like it has potential:

nwVZH2K.png

Obviously, it's going to be replicated for a bigger structure, but I just wanted to see if it was possible. The extended floor and the plants are to hide a gaping chasm which the game won't level. And it's steep, but you're probably going to have better luck getting a wheelchair up that than up stairs.

Oh that's so cool. I'm sure it'll be awesome when it's set up properly.

• Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    wuf76p.jpg

Deedee: "My father rescued us both the same night. He cured the vampire that had killed my mom and aunt, which cut the others loose, and they had no interest in sticking around while two witches fought. Dahlia and he had a duel and when Dahlia saw she was going to lose she fled, and he could either chase after her or come to the basement to rescue me. He chose to rescue me. He was quite shocked to see there was another child in the cell with me. He brought her home with us."

33vzpkn.jpg

Deedee: "She didn't react at all to the cleaning spell he used, since she was quite familiar with it, but when he used a spell to try to heal some of the damage the years of confinement had done...she was terrified."

23h0xh5.jpg

Deedee: "But when she could talk she told my father what had happened, how she'd been there since she was 5, after Dahlia and so many other witches had killed her parents and each other for her and how Dahlia planned to kill her at 13 for the magic. She wasn't 7, she was 9, she'd been there for 4 years and towards the end, Dahlia wasn't as regular with cleaning her or feeding her and it'd been years since she'd heard more than the words for the cleaning spell."

20icnch.jpg

Deedee: "After Zelda went to bed that night, my father explained to me that when people go through such horrible things, his magic could cure the physical effects, but she would always be a bit rough around the edges, and that only connecting to other people could help with that. There was likely going to be a little resentment at some point, that she'd been in such horrible circumstances for 4 years, and I had been rescued pretty much right away. He asked me to be understanding, that it's not her fault, these are natural feelings after such a horrible captivity, just as natural as our pain at losing my mother."

11vphtw.jpg

Deedee: "He said he could use magic to forget my mother, and the pain would be gone, but so would a large portion of his life, and that is not a natural thing to do, and he wouldn't do it himself, it would not be right to do it to someone else, even in trying to help her. I was going to have to deal with witch stuff in another year, he wouldn't lie and say he couldn't use magic to tamper with people's minds, but he certainly hoped I would not be that kind of witch when the time came."

• Options
    @Venus: Hmm, sounds fun, though. :D I can understand how having people marooned there (if you use the world's storyline) might seem like kinda a drag, if I were doing it, I'd totally use it but not it's storyline. :D There are a lot of times having an 'alien planet' option would be nice. :D If my Jake game wasn't so messed up, then doing different recolors of things (more shabby and beat up looking) might be awesome for a space faring future (with death squads!) for flashbacks for Kris. :D But there are lots of scenarios that could still use the place but not the story. :D Those bio domes could be that the alien sims had looked at earth and were considering making contact, but running simulations of the different areas like SV and so forth in search of how to make first contact without causing sims world wide to panic... or just to make sure the environment doesn't kill them when they land. :D Or it could be a space faring future where instead of being trapped there, they were exploring an alien base that had been abandoned years ago, and this place was where they kept the support staff and the alien archaeologists while they conducted a careful study. :D With bio domes because people get homesick...:D like, how, when I miss the tropics enough to warrant it, I pay to go to the zoo, then I go to the tropical rain forest exhibit and hang out for a while, and breathe and look around. :D I feel so much better afterwards! :D I would expect people off world would need something like that too. :D Even if home was available to them...through space...if they had to do much to get there, it would still be better if they had a small place they could hang out that would give them that feeling, and then they could be more focused on their work and not need to return home as often. :D Anyway, I just ramble... ;) Hopefully you don't mind the detour. :D

Well, I think you did well. :D Yeah, I always forget you can cheat their needs. ;) Kinda like how, I completely forget you can turn freewill off. :D

Sounds like a headache and a half! :D Hey, if you have enough stuff, you could download collections/sets, that would be faster? (Listen to me, trying to offer advice, you've probably already thought of this and a million things I have no clue about!...but on the off chance you're so flustered you can take a tip from someone as computer inept as me..here you go!) :D Lol @ "all her years of theater training and acting lessons had come to this"! :D Well, I do actually remember what it looked like, so I can imagine that. :D Lol @ the look on the yellow sim's face! Well, no one forced her to accept the demonstration. (Imagines a couple of Dalek's on the side screaming 'DEMONSTRATE, DEMONSTRATE!') Well, hopefully she'll be comforted by it only lasting a few hours. :D

Dreamerz: Lol @ the look on Britt's face. :D Ah, 2 goofballs haivng fun together. :D Took a day off and he didn't even show up? Figures.

Lol- yeah, when your man is more interested in greeting your nightstand than you... you might be pretty well justified in asking him to forsake the werewolf. ;)
  • Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    @ddsims3world Wonderful houses,
    I wish I could build but I have no talent for that great job.

@Zabeth0 wonderful update, I love how the sims want to watch the stars ,
    unfortunately mine always do that 6 am i nthe morning lol.

@dreamerz13 I once tried to create my own simself lol never played that sim ever you did a great job wit yours. Great update
    seems they had fun with the karaoke.

@venusdemilosims I hope you get the store stuff isntalled soon again, great update.

• Options
    Here is another update.

[img][/img]Screenshot-14_zpsoujks8yr.jpg

They had a bit of chat in Sofat while chloe slept.

[img][/img]Screenshot-15_zpst8d76aux.jpg

ops

[img][/img]Screenshot-8_zpslpzhr3y4.jpg

Another of Desitnys paintings.

[img][/img]Screenshot-12_zpsru1cpjzf.jpg

Hello

[img][/img]Screenshot-10_zpspatxcgy5.jpg

In the morning.

[img][/img]Screenshot-6_zpsbueogtsi.jpg

He had a fun night out just relaxing, Destiny was doing magic stuff at home

[img][/img]Screenshot-3_zpsrlzwxwnn.jpg

yummy

[img][/img]Screenshot-13_zpsljrbrtgx.jpg

night scenery

That is all for now.

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    @dreamerz13 Great job with your simself. I made mine but never played her, I'd be too freaked to do that, lol.
    @Silverofdreams30 Beautiful shot of the skyline. And oh yeah, Chloe is cute too :smiley:
    @Zabeth0 Nice update. So Deedee's father rescued the girls from Dahlia? Aww Deedee's mom was lovely. :( Sad she died.
    Replacing everything is definitely a headache. And considering I backed all this stuff up only to have my external HD fail... is just beyond the pale.
    The original storyline with Oasis Landing is that it takes place about a hundred years into the future. Dr. De Witt, my Lunar Lakes test sim, is actually a scientist there to study the environment on Lunar Lakes. She also has a second home in Oasis Landing thanks to her earnings as a scientist and a lucky lotto win. She's actually a sim 'from the future' technically.
    With my Nraas mods I have had robots and Oasis Landing visitors travel through the portal to 'visit.'
    As for Lunar Lakes, it's supposed to take place in the future. I had toyed with a storyline where (later) AJ and his wife Alex (as astronauts) had crash-landed on Lunar Lakes and had to survive in the harsh conditions...
    There are lots on Lunar Lakes that are supposed to be 'reminders' of some of the other towns that had come out before it. There is 'memories of Sunset Valley', 'memories of Riverview,' 'memories of Hidden Springs,' etc. I think they're bio domes but not real sure. There are also premade sims on Lunar Lakes who are supposedly 'descendants' of sims from those worlds, too.
    I'm actually considering letting Kaydence and Terry stay in 'Simtopia' permanently, if I could get the storyline to work. Of course, not sure Terry would go for it, but he seems to love Kaydence and her idiosyncrasies...not too many guys would be able to put up with Kaydence, honestly, lol.
    As for Kaydence, she has obviously been affected by witnessing the abduction of her boyfriend, and of course her curiosity about the alien life form is piqued, if it wasn't there already.
    I'm not much of a sci fi writer (can't ya tell? ;) ) I just went in the direction my sims did. I'm beginning to think Kaydence may get the 'Supernatural Fan' trait upon reaching YA... she's always spinning wants to talk to or meet a supernatural creature...
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Quickie update till I get my stuff back on...

Screenshot-59_zps93wsj8sc.jpg

The yellow sim had a name... Lizzie Dahlberg.
    Born and raised in Aurora Skies, Lizzie Dahlberg had come to Sims University to attend college. She'd attended with Sierra and taken a course with Sierra's professor mom, Savannah. Savannah had even tried to get Sierra to befriend the shy, quiet, somewhat chubby girl, but Sierra was far from interested.
    But while in college, Lizzie had gone through something of a transformation. She had graduated from college with honors, with two degrees in technology and science and medicine. She was now back at home in Aurora Skies working as a video game designer. She'd also lost a significant amount of weight, and Sierra thought she looked great.

Screenshot-5367_zps9dv6dvjc.jpg

Sierra came out as a lesbian her senior year of high school, but had only officially dated one girl since. And no, her plumbot doesn't count.

Screenshot-21_zpsdvtqxmvq.jpg

When the two reconnected at the science and tech convention in Aurora Skies, while staying at the resort hotel there, sparks began to fly.

Screenshot-22_zps4zefwnet.jpg

Lizzie told Sierra that she was now single, having broken up with her longtime girlfriend Latonya, who'd returned to her native Bridgeport. She and Latonya had had a tumultuous relationship and fought constantly, even through school. Though Lizzie was still shy, she at least talked a little more now. They promised that they would be seeing each other again soon.

*Note, these two immediately began spinning up wants for each other, particularly Lizzie which is surprising considering she has Shy and Unflirty as traits, but they got the attraction hearts.

• Options
    LOLLLL, I'm so distracted from writing this week aha. Yesterday my family was distracting me so I resigned myself to just playing sims. Now I found hiding under some furniture I moved yesterday an old usb drive that I backed up my game on... over 3 years ago and then it went missing. So I'm going to go check out the save that's there. I'm so excited. I'm hoping it's saved to the point I think it is, because I can recover a lot of Aedan's family tree... and just see sims that my game kidnapped and hid in cyberspace that I miss. So yeah.... aha I might not do much tonight but play sims. XD.

My game is also loading close to normal now but it's taking 20+ minutes to save, so I just swapped problems. Thought it froze last night it took so long. But later I was busy for 20 mins or so and left my game saving when I got back I was about to just close it out with task manager thinking it froze again because it was still saving... and the save icon went off and my game resumed. >.< Guess I really gotta find and fix the problem. I don't have 20 minutes to just wait for the stupid thing to save at night (like I just want to sleep).

Dreamerz: Lol @ the look on Britt's face. :D Ah, 2 goofballs haivng fun together. :D Took a day off and he didn't even show up? Figures.

Lol- yeah, when your man is more interested in greeting your nightstand than you... you might be pretty well justified in asking him to forsake the werewolf. ;)

Haha, yeah... and she had to call him to make him get his butt over there even. LOL, yeah... she was going to let it go but I mean when she's trying to get his attention and he's destroying her things. Such a jerk >.< like hello... you could be doing much better things.

It's interesting learning about Deedee's past, and Zelda's. Kinda sad though. Love this outlook though, good way to think of it "He said he could use magic to forget my mother, and the pain would be gone, but so would a large portion of his life, and that is not a natural thing to do, and he wouldn't do it himself, it would not be right to do it to someone else, even in trying to help her."

@dreamerz13 I once tried to create my own simself lol never played that sim ever you did a great job wit yours. Great update
    seems they had fun with the karaoke.

LOL, I've made her a few times, don't usually play her though. It weirds me out. I'm putting her in all my saves though, just to see what happens. Not sure if that makes it any better. LOL, last time I just left her on her own in town she went a bit wild XD. Thanks.

Nice update. The painting is awesome, I've never had my sims do that one, it's cool to see the ones I've never discovered in all the years I've played this game. D'awww, I love when the toddlers play in the toy box, so cute. And the picture of the aurora is beautiful!

@dreamerz13 Great job with your simself. I made mine but never played her, I'd be too freaked to do that, lol.

LOL, it does get weird. I don't really actively play her. I'm just setting her loose in the town though I don't know if that's any better. Last time she still got pretty crazy XD. But I at least keep aging off now so she won't get old and die, because that was the worst otherwise I could usually laugh at her antics.

Awww, I could see Sierra and Lizzie making a cute couple. Lizzie is actually a really cool looking sim, imo, I thinks she's really pretty. Aha, why doesn't the plumbot count? :P kidding... that one is yeah... a bit odd.
  • Options
    I'm almost in tears over here, I'm so happy. OMG! This save wasn't what I expected, and it looks like I lost the 1st generation of the legacy sims in it totally but as much as that would have been cool I'm kind of over that, I didn't really get too attached until gen. 2. It's also possible that they are still in the mess somewhere. I'm still sorting it out so far I've found I think 5 households with sims from this family. It's also in Moonlight Falls so I dunno what the heck happened... I don't remember the whole family (almost) being there and didn't think I'd been in that town yet when the save was dated for but whatever can't argue proof. Basically everybody is missing their CC so it'll be an adventure fixing that, right now I'm working on my gen. 2 heir. I seriously just shouted at my computer "Ohhhhh mmyyyy gooooooddddd HAYLIEEEEEEE! HAYLIE I MISSED YOU!" and did a happy dance. I think my family thinks I have problems now XD (they'd probably be right XD). She's supposed to be dead (not at the point the save is at though) but I could never actually kill her anyway, I loved her so much. Most of my "dead" sims actually just are hiding out in my game somewhere. Some actually die, but they're only the ones I hate.

Anyway, I don't have any of the sims to show off because they're all ugly black beasts at this point since the skins are missing. BUT I FOUND THIS HOUSE!!! I love it so much, it was only like my second build that wasn't just a boring box with a boring roof on it. I still miss it sometimes tbh, didn't expect at all that I'd ever see it again. I'm so going to fix it up and finish it off. Also there's a random ceiling light outside, I remember that, it was a mistake and I didn't realize it had been placed outside until I was playing a while later. XD TBH I'd rather find this than my gen. 1 sims XD.
    Screenshot-7463.jpg
    It looks so magical in the snow with the lights and ahhhh so pretty. :love:
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @venusdemilosims -Thanks for the comment.Great updates!Ami didn't end up pregnant.He was tired out and needed coffee.
    @Silverofdreams30 - Thanks for the comment.Great update!
    @dreamerz13 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!I hate it when things act up.I had that happen in Oak Leaf where a sim got made into a celebrity and I don't want that in Oak Leaf.It looks like you have some things to fix up.
    @InfraGreen -Great picture!That build looks great!
    @Zabeth0 -It was a strange start to the day.Great update!
    @ddsims3world -Those all look great.
    Here's an update from Storybrook in the setting up stage.
    I got a second residence ready for playing.
    22312549754_53db372f07_c.jpg
    Here's the last lot I got ready for the game.
    22946673361_a0850b2f25_c.jpg
    Here's the section I was working on.
    22909569726_e969034ae5_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @venusdemilosims Thank you, great updates

@dreamerz13 haha yeah it was why I created my simself to but then I lost that game had my share of reinstalling sims over the years lol. Nice house, I can not build at all. I love the auroras in the game because I live in a city where I get to see them sometimes for real.

@TadOlson Great update
  • Options
    @Silver of dreams: Yeah, but it gets really vexing when you have a vampire in such a couple, because they inevitably are too lovestruck to use their brains about going out in sunlight.....to stargaze into the sun, during morning! I have to watch games with vampires in the couples for such a reason. And I really do like the interaction, it's adorable and it's bonding time, and because me and my husband have actually done this, so nostalgia... so, when the game does it when 1. There are stars (my sims also seem to love to try this during snowstorms or rainstorms) and 2. it's not trying to kill a vampire on me... then I love it. :D

Yeah, inventing is...rather exciting work. :D Lovely night scenery. :D

@Venus: Yeah, and as Zelda's an orphan, he just went ahead and took her in to protect her. Yeah, I figured Deedee got her quirkiness from her mom. :D Yeah, I was wincing for you pretty hard, even though I was happy you didn't lose them, because I know I wouldn't want to have to do that! :D And the timing was super bad too. So, hopefully somehow it's not as bad as it seems, or hopefully doing the extra work teaches you something useful or gives you an idea you wouldn't have had... because it just sucks when nothing good comes from something. :D

Hmm, well, if she and Terry stay there, would you be playing them or the rest of the family? :D (I mean it might simplify your game to focus more on some sims, especially if they start in on a family... but then we'd lose all that other stuff....then again, maybe a break from that is the point? :D So, I do look forward to seeing what you do with it. :D (Jake and Ramin were attacked by zombies in the mining district when I went, though we never got that far into the story. :D)

I finally ended up caving into my curiosity (I'm sure this is a surprise to all of you..lol). My husband has been talking for weeks (possibly months but it's only been constantly brought up for weeks), that I'm going to be a "Fallout Widow" after the game comes out, which happened yesterday...and I spent yesterday waiting for it to arrive by UPS... all day...and until 9 something pm at night. (At first I was told it would be by 3, then I was told by 7...so 9 something was quite a wait...) So, he got his Fallout, and I got simpoints. :D So, I won't have to annoy you too much. :D

Lol, ah, so she had personal reasons to volunteer. :D And it was a bit brave for her to volunteer too. :D Well, you know, with the right person, you might feel inclined to do things you wouldn't normally do. :D That's great! :D Hopefully Sierra and her don't fight. :D Lol ah, look at Sierra with her purple hair. :D (You have mentioned that the family used to not know what hair color she'd have next. :D)

@Dreamerz: That's awesome! :D I hope it's what you think it is. :D Finding something you thought was lost forever is one of the more pleasant things. :D Wow, sounds like you found it. :D Lol- nice house, it looks very sizable and festive! :D

@TadOlson: Thanks. :D More residences ready for playing, that's exciting. :D
  • Options
    6f1bpk.jpg

Deedee: "Zelda was great though. Even though she was only three years younger, nearly everything was new to her."

ml2khk.jpg

Deedee: "She was never a morning person, but that passed fast enough."

2cy5vmg.jpg

Deedee: "If you gave her ten minutes, then she was as playful as ever."

11rrcp3.jpg

Deedee: "After being trapped so long, she loved sports, wanting to run and jump and climb and swim, but I could still get her to try other things."

2lsv72a.jpg

Deedee: "But I never noticed any sort of resentment."

x26kk0.jpg

Deedee: "My father kept us well warded, and kept an eye on us, but let us do things like go to the library and to the Vault of Antiquities, he didn't want us to feel fearful and trapped, and he promised to protect Zelda, which helped as she was a bit wary of public buildings to begin with. She was terrified that Dahlia would show up and catch her again. But my father's assurances helped."

29dereo.jpg

Deedee: "We were extremely close that year, when we were both under aged witches and I was showing her around and I was thrilled I could show her the things my dad had showed me and I had to keep secret because witch stuff is for witches. I'd always wanted a little sister, and it rather felt like I'd gotten one. She could be a little bratty, but little sisters are kind of known for that."
  • Options
    @Zabeth0 Yeah vampires and sun dont go along well togheter. Nice update Im just
    downloading some cazy hairs love them. And I need to update the hair catalouge a bit haha.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @dreamerz13 Great house! Glad you found your stuff tho, nothing like the feeling of finding a lost save. And finding a favorite sim is definitely a bonus.
    @TadOlson Nice update, looks like the building is going along smoothly. And glad Ami didn't come back with a nasty surprise.
    @Zabeth0 Too cute, Deedee and Zelda as kids... so what happened that caused them to drift apart? Guess that's for an upcoming update :p
    Lol @ 'Fallout widow' I know how it is when a new game comes out, it's kind of like Christmas, opening your presents :p Thankfully that game never interested me, so my pocketbook is safe :p I do want some things from the sims 3 store before it closes, like the roller coaster etc.
    I haven't decided yet re: Kaydence and Terry. But it's getting to the point where they're going to have to settle somewhere. And Sunset Valley is getting filled up with Jolinas...
    Yep, Sierra's hair has been green and black, among other colors. I had pictures ... as for Lizzie, it's a wait and see thing.

Screenshot-1112_zpsrxlicxyh.jpg

Lizzie was always around the family though. I mentioned that she'd taken one of Savannah's classes. That's actually her, in the blue sweater, standing next to Savannah and listening to Sage talk. Lizzie lost a good deal of weight in college.
    Lizzie was one of the group of sims I'd made to replace some of the randomly generated sims at University. I thought when the first group of sims would graduate new sims would replace them from the towns. When that didn't happen I made a group and put in.
    Was Lizzie getting close to the family for a reason???

Screenshot-6032_zpso8dx9uuj.jpg

Sierra wasn't the only one to run into someone from her past.
    When Kaydence finished her presentation, there was a woman waiting for her, with open arms. It was her father's former butler, Tasha Sorenson.

Screenshot-6024_zpsqipm0hqv.jpg

They didn't have to say anything. They lingered in each other's arms for a good two or three minutes.
    "I am so proud of you!" Tasha gushed after the embrace was over. "When that book comes out, you can bet I'll be the first in line to get a copy."

Screenshot-1646_zpsuvhggpdw.jpg

It had been unusual for the hired help to form a bond with her boss' teenage daughter, but that's exactly what had happened. When Kaydence couldn't sleep at night, she and Tasha would sit up and talk for hours. It was Tasha with whom she'd shared her scientific discoveries.

Screenshot-2437_zps0592dfb4.jpg

Tasha had been hired by Sebastian after Kaydence nearly burned the kitchen down cooking macaroni and cheese in their rental home. Soon, the two had become very close.

Screenshot-2534_zps18ee4c20.jpg

Tasha had even intervened in the impasse between her and her then-new stepmother, Cherise. Though the two weren't friends, they got along much better now.

Screenshot-2561_zpsc5951a44.jpg

She had even brought her concerns about Kaydence to her boss, and had said something that would prove prescient. "Mr. Jolina-Plumb, your daughter has a lot to say, and she's trying to figure out a way to say it."

Screenshot-2560_zps9d1675c8.jpg

The bond had been shattered when Sebastian's roving eye fell on Tasha. The next morning, Tasha turned in her resignation, never to see Kaydence again - until now.

Screenshot-3881_zps96qaht9t.jpg

In fact, Tasha had made such an impact on Kaydence that she named her plumbot after her.
    Post edited by venusdemilosims on

• Options
    @venusdemilosims Great update

Here is my next one and in todays game not in the screenshots now but later, I found out the toddler could use those plastic driven horses or what it is lol I did not know how to use them before but she had fun.

[img][/img]Screenshot-11_zpskplnq7op.jpg

Both paents loves to spend time with Chloe.

[img][/img]Screenshot-4_zpspsdkhjbc.jpg

[img][/img]Screenshot-7_zpsbofjpyat.jpg

Their new home.

[img][/img]Screenshot_zpsmlgtwujl.jpg

busy upgrading stuff

[img][/img]Screenshot-18_zpshxnxa9p0.jpg

Randome edited sim while beeing out and about

[img][/img]Screenshot-16_zpswynmbwub.jpg

uhm trying to dance

[img][/img]Screenshot-19_zpsulppvwst.jpg

Destinys potions

That is all for today.

• Options
    Lalala waiting for a virtual write in to start so I'll hang around here, then I'm pushing for 50k today on my novel, so probably no sims tonight. Even though that house is calling me XD. The inside is so messed up, lol, I got like nowhere last night. Though I was also like... "do I say hi to my sims, or do I build?" Lol so I did like 15-20 minute cycles of each over and over. My head was spinning with excitement (and too much sugar and coffee XD)

This save is so weird too, there's family members I definitely know didn't exist (at least in the story). My founder married Argus Brown (but I can't find her anywhere, I found Argus... he has 2 kids and one of my founders kids lives with him). Okay she had a husband and some creepy ex, neither were Argus though... her husband dropped off the family tree too. :'( It's so weird, it's so interesting though I feel like I could time warp backwards and do a whole new story lol.

TadOlson wrote: »
    @dreamerz13 -Thanks for the comment.Great update!I hate it when things act up.I had that happen in Oak Leaf where a sim got made into a celebrity and I don't want that in Oak Leaf.It looks like you have some things to fix up.

Thanks. haha, yeah I have a lot to fix up. Oh well.

Nice update :mrgreen:

@dreamerz13 haha yeah it was why I created my simself to but then I lost that game had my share of reinstalling sims over the years lol. Nice house, I can not build at all. I love the auroras in the game because I live in a city where I get to see them sometimes for real.

Thanks. haha, I used to not be able to either, it takes practice... that house was sheer dumb luck too XD, my building wasn't that fantastic then. Lucky, the aurora sometimes creeps down here but I never seem to see it, I think part of it is that my city is too big and too light polluted. I once saw a weird green cloud or something though that I much later (like a couple months) realized was probably the aurora moving in over the city, if only I'd known then I would have stayed out to watch it when it really sprang to life XD. So I just enjoy it in the sims XD.

Nice update. Wait, toddlers can use those horses? If I'm thinking of the same thing, I tried and couldn't and now I'm mad at my game XD. The new house is beautiful. :D

@Dreamerz: That's awesome! :D I hope it's what you think it is. :D Finding something you thought was lost forever is one of the more pleasant things. :D Wow, sounds like you found it. :D Lol- nice house, it looks very sizable and festive! :D

Lol, it's like christmas XD. Maybe better. Thanks.

Aww Deedee and Zelda seemed like such cute friends. It's nice Deedee got to feel like she got the little sister she always wanted.

@dreamerz13 Great house! Glad you found your stuff tho, nothing like the feeling of finding a lost save. And finding a favorite sim is definitely a bonus.

Thanks. It is an amazing feeling, even if it's only useful for nostalgia purposes really, it's just cool.

All that's awesome Tasha was at Kaydence's presentation, I'm glad for her. It's nice to see that somebody who'd made such an impact in her life showed back up to show her support again.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Silverofdreams30: All that clubbing looks fun! I always make my sims dance on the tables when they can, to live a life I don't have the courage to approach. :p

@venusdemilosims: I hope Sierra and Lizzie can reconnect in some way. I hope for romance, but that's just a hope.

I ended up actually shooting most of the flashback scenes needed for one of my upcoming chapters. I had never really seen Bill aged down before, but:

l8W8IZZ.png

RUc5KFq.png

It's amazing what youth and losing a few pounds can do. Poor Annette was born in the wrong time.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @Silver of Dreams: Yeah. :D Fun. :D

The spring riders? Or the rocking horses? I know they can use the spring riders...with help. :D Toddler's are so cute. :D If I ever try (and considering how bad I am at computer stuff, it's a significant risk) to figure out the cc stuff and download hairs into my game, it'll be because the toddler hair selection is so small. (Even with all the toddler hair options from the store). :D Well, toddler's may occasionally be fussy, but they are adorable. :D Wow, that's a big home! Ah, she's been busy. :D The elixirs always look so cool just sitting there, glowing. :D

@Venus: Yeah, the next one, in fact. :D I'm kinda torn whether to do that one or have it wait until after the thanksgiving special, but since you asked, I think I'll do that one before the thanksgiving special. :D To answer your question. :D

I really hope they don't close the store any time soon. :D Though I don't suppose you have any smaller things to put on your wishlist? Like individual outfits or hair or individual furniture? :D Pretty please? :D

If they settle in the future, I can see how it might be fun, and then whenever Kaydence felt inclined to come home for a family holiday, she could take her kids to see the past... Can you imagine the equivalent, if one of us were time travelers from 1915 and were going back to visit relatives for the holidays? (Now, kids, don't say anything about the world wars or the internet! No Hilter comments, no memes, no comments about something 'going viral!' And nothing is Photoshopped...if you say it's Photoshopped, they will have no idea what you're talking about!)

Awww, she ran into Tasha! That's so sweet. :D (You're giving me warm fuzzies, I remember Tasha, and it's good she got to catch up with her at her graduation.) :D

@Dreamerz: Yeah, and Zelda doesn't even know how helpful her friendship was to Deedee when she was recovering from losing her mother. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @dreamerz13 It was those spring riders as I saw @Zabeth0 menton so not the horses, they had them outside the house
    and I had not placed it. Thank you.

@InfraGreen Thankyou, I usually place one club in all te town so I can send my sims out to have fun sometimes.
    Great flashback update.

@venusdemilosims thank you and great update as usual.

@Zabeth0 Ahhhh spring riders? ,Thank you where not sure what they was called haha, thank you great updates to.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    2rcve4p.jpg

Rafael: Whereas with Zelda, in order to keep her talking, he had to prod her with questions in a careful dance of not cutting her off and not letting her go too long without a question, in order to prompt Deedee to continue, he had to be absolutely silent, giving her a silence to fill. The poison made her more talkative than she was, so if he was not careful, she would discover that she was talking more than she wanted to, which would prompt her to wonder why, which would easily lead to 'it's almost like I'm juiced...by drinking coffee...' The silence would make her think she was just nervously talking. Of course, she was hiding something and the frightening thing would be if she, prompted by the poison, particularly as she started to tire, revealed it to him, and then realized why before she was unconscious. He couldn't stop that now, she either would or wouldn't, the poison was there, and if he spoke, and brought her mind back to the here and now, she was more likely to realize that her body was getting more tired than she should be during this time of the day and while drinking coffee no less. The frustrating thing was that because this information was only known, as far as he could tell, by two people, if she didn't answer his question before she lost consciousness, she would likely never answer it, since what he was doing would likely burn his bridges with her. But he couldn't ask, if she didn't answer him before she lost consciousness, he would simply not know.

21l0rdd.jpg

Deedee: "But she adored my father. He'd rescued her and took her in, and protected her, of course she was loyal and loved him. When I turned 13, and got my powers, my father took me aside and started to tell me witch stuff, got me a wand, taught me alchemy and how to crystal ball things, and had me helping him prepare cure elixirs for the full moon. When I was 13, I was home with Zelda during full moons, but as I got to be fourteen and fifteen, he'd take me more and more with him during full moon nights, and we'd turn zombies back into humans. But these things didn't really turn her against me; this had more to do with jealousy due to our age, and nothing to do with Dahlia."

2kg4cl.jpg

Deedee: "But my father never attempted to find Dahlia again after he'd made the choice to rescue me instead of chase after her. He'd explained that sometimes people learn from their mistakes, as long as they had a way back. Some people do.. but she didn't. She had been frightened by the close call with my father, and wanted revenge. Zelda had recently turned 13 and I was 16, and I was so happy. I thought that Zelda would learn all this witch stuff and we'd finally be back to like sisters, always doing things together again. But she was extremely powerful for her age, which made it very hard for her to control, there was no way my father wanted her to be in any dangerous situation, lest she kill someone accidentally. She actually had more raw power than my father, but he knew how to control his, so it was less like a fire hose spraying everywhere and more like a laser. He took great pains to keep us safe, he gave us death flowers and kept us out of harms way until we were able to cope with it. But he still tried to train her how to use her magic and how to do other things, and I also helped teach her alchemy, though she didn't really care for it. Still, she took to dueling magic like she was a fish in water. But that full moon, I was out with my father and it was raining so hard we could barely see five feet in front of us...my father started to wonder out loud if this was bewitched rain, and then we were attacked by three witches. The first thing they did was kill me."

jtrwhy.jpg

Rafael: Yes, Zelda had told him about death flowers, and their marriage arrangement operated under the understanding that one of them had to remain dead (not just die) for an entire year for the marriage to dissolve, so technically, he knew that witches died and came back, but the casualness with which she said that struck him rather abruptly. He struggled to not say anything, and succeeded.

2qa255h.jpg

Deedee: "As soon as I returned to life, my father pressed his death flower into my hand and told me to go home and keep Zelda inside the house, that he'd be a bit later. But he never came home. The wait was unbearable, so we went into his room and used his crystal ball to try to find out where he was. I wasn't great at it, and Zelda still hadn't gotten it down either, so between the two of us, it took a while to find out...but we looked into it in horror. His fight with the three witches was much smoother after I was out of the picture, he was fairly certain he could take them so he tried to talk them down instead, telling them he wouldn't hold a grudge if they just left...he didn't want to have to hurt them... but they just kept persisting. Over the course of the fight things were said that made it apparent that these three witches had been led to believe that he was trying to take over the witches in Moonlight falls, and of course he felt that was ridiculous and tried to correct them. But when they'd worn him down just enough, Dahlia showed up and she fought him, and she killed him...and he'd given me his death flower...so he didn't have it when he needed it...but his ghost tried to come home to warn us- but we were staring at it in the crystal ball, and Dahlia used some kind of magic to dissipate his ghost...we thought she'd destroyed him utterly! Later I found out that it was a spell that sent the ghost straight to the spirit world, not allowing for the ghost to stick around, basically it was a banishing spell...but that's not what it looked like to us."

21yjqa.jpg

Deedee: "I couldn't sit there and cry, I had to re- ward the house, because my Dad's wards were failing, since he'd died. Some of the ingrained, built in wards were still there, but that wouldn't stop Dahlia from sending in her vampires... my concentration on trying to protect us instead of trying to get revenge seemed to Zelda to be a lack of love or loyalty to my father, and she felt betrayed for him. She wanted Dahlia to come because she was furious and had a lot of power, and she was sure she would win; she interpreted my trying to look after her like my father would have to be some sort of cowardice, and she would not listen to me, she ended up storming off to battle Dahlia at 13 years old, and yes, she did win, though just barely and yes, she killed the others as well, hunting them each down one at a time. She did exactly what my father was worried that she would do on accident... on purpose, and she got worse every time she got more power. Some of them had death flowers, some of them didn't, some of them had more than one, so she killed them several times, and some of them were actually warded for the spells she was known to use, she was notorious for fire, so when that didn't work she'd hit them with ice blasts and if they were warded for that, electricity, or she'd turn them into a bug then step on them. But by killing some witches she angered others; so there were always others, and she scared other witches, and so they tried to kill her before she got to them, and then she killed them too. So, she's been sort of...more and more reckless..and all the while I've been hoping she'd just stop. She's so tangled in this, I don't even know who she is any more."
  • Options
    PinkslinkyPinkslinky Posts: 306 Member
    I don't think I can post pictures and even if I could I wouldn't know how but I had to share-- Missi and Joe Jr (he's my spare in my legacy challenge game) went to the hospital to have a baby and instead of heading to the operating room, they decided to have a dance party. She in her hospital gown, he in his work clothes and two ghost nurses were getting down with their bad selves. Every now and again she'd have a contraction and Joe Jr would get slightly alarmed but, like Gloria Estefan used to say, the rhythm was gonna keep getting them. They danced for 3 Sim hours!

Finally, the game asked again if Missi wanted to go to the hospital to give birth and if she would like to take Joe Jr with her. They had a little boy. I was tempted to name him Disco Stu.
  • Options
    @Silver of dreams: Thanks. :D

@Pinkslinky: Well, you're listed as a new member, so it's not going to let you post pictures at the moment, not until you get more posts and likes. However, if you want to know how to do it, the way I know how to post pictures is to set up an account with photobucket or tinypic to upload screenshots there...and that puts it on a third party site so you don't lose your screenshots by uploading them...and if you're computer crashes, you don't lose them all because the only place they were was on your computer. :D The sites then give you a link to post into your message that shows the pic. :D I know there are other sites that offer this service also but I don't remember what they are. :D

Wow, they must have been really excited about the baby to hold a dance party in between contractions! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    @InfraGreen Great flashback update and yes Bill does look pretty good aged down (as do most sims haha). Who knows what the future holds for Sierra and Lizzie. Their reconnection was a bit of a surprise. Sierra's the kind of gal who basically hates everyone, lol.
    @Silverofdreams Awesome house!
    @dreamerz13 I agree it was good for her to see Tasha, who'd played such a role in her life in such a brief period of time. Unusual for a mere butler to bond with the kid. My butlers usually don't socialize with my sims' kids.
    @Zabeth0 So they grew apart because of Zelda's increasing powers? Hmm.
    Funny you should mention death flowers. Savannah and Sebastian's mother, Shandra (Nathan's wife) grew death flowers, and knew how to make ambrosia. The story goes, when Shandra was pregnant with Savannah, she was in the cemetery fishing for deathfish.
    Tasha is from Aurora Skies and returned there after leaving the Jolina-Plumbs. She bonded with young Kaydence at the time when the girl needed it most.
    The whole time Kaydence was going through her custody-battle thing she was planning her 'escape' quite literally. Lol
    @Pinkslinky LOL at your story. You have to have 50 posts in order to be able to post pix. Welcome to the thread.

• Options
    PinkslinkyPinkslinky Posts: 306 Member
    edited November 2015
    > @Zabeth0 said:
    > Silver of dreams: Thanks. :D
    >
    > Pinkslinky: Well, you're listed as a new member, so it's not going to let you post pictures at the moment, not until you get more posts and likes. However, if you want to know how to do it, the way I know how to post pictures is to set up an account with photobucket or tinypic to upload screenshots there...and that puts it on a third party site so you don't lose your screenshots by uploading them...and if you're computer crashes, you don't lose them all because the only place they were was on your computer. :D The sites then give you a link to post into your message that shows the pic. :D I know there are other sites that offer this service also but I don't remember what they are. :D
    >
    > Wow, they must have been really excited about the baby to hold a dance party in between contractions! :D

I already have a photobucket account, so that's good. What do I need to do to get points? Is this not the place to ask? Thank you for answering me. Also, do I need more points to quote pretty?

Another question-- which link do you use to post pics from photobucket? HTML? Bulletin Board? IM?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top