Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    OMG Cath! What an adorable farm! Love the design and the stunning garden. WOW! Will be adding to my favourites if I haven't already. <3<3
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Here I am, late again... I don't know when I became so slow. :unamused:

@Cassee, @rosemow, @Tiki5872, @kameliaxxx, @masajo, @RyeCris16, @Manssom, @sawdust, @evclm6, @vethesims, and @yanti68- I would like to thank each of you very kindly for your lovely comments and support! I appreciate each of you more than words can express. <3<3<3
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Aw, that's ok :) You just hang in there! (I won't tell anyone about the gray hair...) ;D
  • Options
    @Manssom, Ooooh YOU!! :confounded: Nope! No gray hair here, I'm happy to say :blush:
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member

No worries!! and I have enough grey hair for both of us!! hehe
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Cath Cottontail farm is so very charming, beautifully landscaped with all the veggies perfectly in a row in a very pretty garden. :)
    The decor is detailed as with all your builds, with all the warm of a family home.
    Have a wonderful day. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Congratulations on Pretty in Pink room being favourited by Maxis! :) Thankyou very much for posting the room in the challenge thread!
  • Options
    Lol, @Cassee! You're too young to have Any grey hair! :D<3

@follyfoot, Thank you for your lovely comments Folly! I hope all is well with you and your family. And I hope you're having a very lovely weekend! :)<3

@BreeMiles, running in for a Huge hug! I've missed you, Bree! Thank you so much for the kind comment! I am so sorry that I forgot to put it in your thread... I keep forgetting about that. I will be adding a new build here in a bit and Promise to put both it and Cottontail in your thread. o:)<3

@rosemow, Thank you sweet Rose! <3 I was very surprised to see that, lol :#
  • Options
    SuzyQSim1259SuzyQSim1259 Posts: 121 Member
    I love your farm! So adorable! I do have a question, though...how did you get a pond on your lot? Inquiring minds want to know. Hehehehe.
  • Options
    @SuzyQSim1259, Thank you for the kind comments! The pond is in the Debug section. If you haven't tried them yet, there are a lot of nifty little things in there. Some are free, including the ponds. They really come in handy for challenges with budget restrictions, lol. :p If you're not familiar with how to do this, just use the cheat code: bb.showhiddenobjects, then type "Debug" (without the quotes) into the search bar and a whole menu of items will appear, including the ponds. B)
  • Options
    SuzyQSim1259SuzyQSim1259 Posts: 121 Member
    Thank you for such a prompt answer WrathofCath! I am familiar with buydebug, I just didn't realize (notice) they had added ponds. Last I knew they were unavailable. EA should update their sticky post on this, as I checked there first. Thanks again! :smile:
  • Options
    No worries a tall Cath! Your creations are beauty's as always!!
  • Options
    @SuzyQSim1259, you're most welcome! Glad I could help out. :) I didn't notice the ponds right away. There is So Much content in there, it's sometimes hard to find what you're looking for, lol. :D

@BreeMiles, Thank you Bree! Hope you're enjoying this lovely weekend. :)<3
  • Options
    Faeries Landing 3br, 2ba.
    Lot Size: 30x40
    Cost: $277,294
    No CC

Gallery Link

This build is for the "Summer Designer Showdown" for BuildnShare. We started with a pre-built shell and had some criteria to follow including choosing an inspiration object which we used to base the build on. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do at first, till I started playing around with the roof. We weren't allowed to change the shape but could change the curvature, color, pitch and edgings. Once I found a roof shape I liked, I knew what I wanted to use for my inspiration. I chose the "Origami Tree Luminaries". They look so whimsical and Fairy Tale-ish.

08-25-15_4-36nbspPM_zps8la9jkpv.png

I wanted the home to be set in the woods with beautiful views, so I chose Forest Hideaway in Granite Falls for the pictures. It would be a lovely and relaxing place to take a vacation or the lot could be placed in another world for an everyday home.

08-25-15_11-24nbspAM-2_zpsh9zmj0xr.png
    08-25-15_11-34nbspAM_zps2il78ko0.png
    08-25-15_12-35nbspPM_zpswed0ns96.png

The front porch:

08-25-15_2-21nbspPM_zpscr763pii.png

The paths around the property:

08-25-15_2-16nbspPM_zpswi0ojnnh.png
    08-25-15_2-17nbspPM_zpsfr9ow7k8.png
    08-25-15_11-40nbspAM_zpsi76hzhvh.png

A garden filled with Perfect Quality fruits, veggies and flowers. Fitting for any Fairy. :D

08-25-15_11-41nbspAM_zpszldsa0ac.png

The backyard with Swim-able pond:

08-25-15_2-13nbspPM_zpshbkqrv0r.png
    08-25-15_12-38nbspPM_zpsr8fxuefb.png
    08-25-15_2-14nbspPM-2_zpsjv1tharn.png
    08-25-15_2-14nbspPM_zpsfkmjgs1r.png

Stepping inside the home you will find the dining room straight ahead, with the kitchen and pantry to the left.

08-25-15_2-22nbspPM_zpsspdmicul.png
    08-25-15_3-37nbspPM-2_zps6rejwrjl.png
    08-25-15_3-35nbspPM_zps2babuylm.png
    08-25-15_3-16nbspPM_zpsywg2kxmd.png
    08-25-15_2-26nbspPM_zpsz0yyfnyy.png

A peek into the living room from the dining room:

08-25-15_3-40nbspPM_zps4tckn67y.png
    08-25-15_3-40nbspPM-2_zpsqlusigbm.png
    08-25-15_3-41nbspPM-2_zpsymxop660.png

The main floor also has a study, playroom and full bath:

08-25-15_2-24nbspPM_zpsdcdjd1k6.png
    08-25-15_2-24nbspPM-2_zpsuvxg0r8s.png
    08-25-15_3-38nbspPM-2_zpsorgciybn.png
    08-25-15_3-20nbspPM-2_zpspq1bfwli.png
    08-25-15_3-39nbspPM_zpswsgrddto.png

Upstairs there is a small reading nook in the hall with the master bedroom just off the left.

08-25-15_3-43nbspPM_zpswhbcebml.png
    08-25-15_3-47nbspPM-3_zpsxkjzywgz.png
    08-25-15_3-47nbspPM_zpslvppy8wo.png

There are two more bedrooms and another full bath. First the girl's room:

08-25-15_3-54nbspPM-2_zpswv1wngd9.png
    08-25-15_3-54nbspPM-3_zpsugsn1vse.png

The boy's room:

08-25-15_3-49nbspPM_zpsbasiljc5.png
    08-25-15_3-48nbspPM_zpstkwgtmsq.png

And finally the bath:

08-25-15_3-51nbspPM_zpsv62rls7y.png
    08-25-15_3-50nbspPM_zps9og8fbke.png

And that concludes the tour. Hope you enjoyed the pics! :)

Good Night!

08-25-15_12-30nbspPM_zpshyhxvf2d.png
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    Cath, you have never ceased to amaze me with your creative talents. I was in love with the cottontail farm, then I saw this stunner! Each is so well done with the great architecture, layout and detailed decor. When I look through your builds, I feel like it's a real place. AWESOME!!!
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Faeries Landing is such a very pretty home! :) The curved corner and the texture of the exterior and roofing is very nice! The flowers along the edges of the fencing and on the edges of the home look so very pretty! The gnomes and bunnies look cute there amidst the flowers in the front garden! Very nice sitting areas on the front porch for sims to enjoy sitting resting there on the sofas or armchairs having a chat face to face in the outdoors air. The tea set and lamps are nice touches on the coffee tables between the sofas and seats. It looks very nice how you have placed your inspiration flowers tree light on each side of the open gate. The planter box and open shutter windows look very nice! The hedge arches gates on each side of the side harvestable garden alcove are very nice! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the gardening boxes there. The birdbath and flowers around the base of it is a nice touch in the middle of the garden. The greenery covered trellis back porch looks very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food at the table there, enjoying the nice outdoors setting views! They will enjoy having a drink from the bar. The potting bench and flower cart nook is very nice! The lavender plants through the outdoors areas look very homely and nice. The sunflowers on the side edge of the home look sunny! The flowers through the outdoors are so very nice! The swimmable pond is so very nice! Very nice rock waterfall fountain! The flowers, plants and rocks on the edges of the pond and the lily pads in the water look very nice. The gnomes look cute there too! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine or have fun playing on the monkey bars. Nice seat benches fire pit nook for sims to keep warm near the fire and have a chat. The gnome looks cute on the tree stump!
    Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The sunflowers on the foyer table are sunny for sims to see when entering the home. The foyer wall pattern is nice. The corner grandfather clock looks homely. Very nice study room! The wall paneling is nice. Nice armchairs corner nook for sims to enjoy resting and reading a book. The wall clock is a nice touch there. The globe and world map are great study items there. It looks great how you have a study desk corner of double computer desks! Sims will like using the computers together at the same time. The clock is a nice home touch on the desk. Very nice design of the kitchen! It is nice that there is a kitchen pantry! Very nice furnishing of it! The kitchen stove type suits the home. The green kitchen curtains look pretty! It is nice how you have placed the windows for sims to enjoy looking out through them at the views when cooking meals. The cookbooks and hot chocolate items look great on the kitchen counters. The cabinets look great how you have placed them to create an alcove! The crates look great there too. Very nice dining room! It looks nice how you have created a larger dining table and placed seats on each side of it. The yellow flowers are a sunny sight for sims to enjoy seeing when dining there. The fire place looks warming, and the scenic wall picture adds to the nice look of the area. The crockery display cabinets look homely in the room. The green, yellow and brown colour scheme of the room looks so nice! The type and placement of the curtains looks very pretty! Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst eating their meals. Child sims will have lots of fun playing with the toys, dollhouse and doing art work on the art tables in their play room area! The corner art nook is great! The penguin TV watching corner is cute! The animal pictures look cute on the wall! They will have fun doing science experiments or enjoy sitting reading a book from the bookcase. The floral wall pattern in the bathroom and the green flowers on the table looks very pretty! Very nice furnishing of the living room! The music alcove is very nice! The flowers look very nice around the base of the flower lamp tree in the corner nook. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there in the armchair listening to the piano music. Nice chess and bookcase corner nook. Sims will have fun playing chess there. Very nice bar alcove! The flower tree light and the large green flowers look very nice there! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas watching TV, reading a book, and having a drink in front of the warming fire. It looks nice how you have placed the bookcases in the room. The family wall photos and the tea set books on the coffee table look homely. Nice upper landing reading and sitting book nook area. The bedrooms are so very nice! The greenery covered top of the master bedroom looks so nice! The type of bed suits the home so well! The sunflowers and green flowers look pretty in the room. Nice corner arm chair reading nook. The dinosaur themed wall pattern and picture in the boys bedroom looks great! The accompanying dinosaur themed batroom goes well with the bedroom. The girls bedroom looks so pretty! The floral wall pattern, the butterflies picture, and the colours of the furnishings look so nice! The curtained bunk bed nook. looks great! It looks pretty how you have placed the arch over the dresser! The unicorn and bunny look cute in the room! The flower floor rugs are nice! The evening picture with the full moon is very nice!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    I really think you should win this build and share dear as it is splendid! I'm with Itsy you always amazing me with your wonderful creations!
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Absolutely stunning!! Picture perfect. LOVE the fence and that beautiful woodsy blue bathroom is fabulous!! ♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    I agreet with Bree. This is so pretty <3 It fits perfectly with Granite Falls.
    I can also imagine it in a world like Sylvan Glade :) Great job :smiley:
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Fairies Landing is simply charming and oh so whimsical!! I adore it!! You did such a beautiful job on capturing that "fairy" feel! I also see a few ideas that I will most definitely be borrowing! LOL
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Cath, I couldn't recognize the original shell from Faeries Landing at all! Talk about a complete renovation. :) You definitely captured your inspiration quite well, and the home is immaculately designed both inside and out. I enjoyed all of it but especially loved the leafy canopy over the master bed, the romantic dresser set up in the girl's room, and the layout of the kids playroom. Excellent work, as always!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Faeries Landing is very cozy and beautiful! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, so cozy and charming design! It reflects from the Outdoor Retreat tree light very well! Awesome curvature of the roofing and amazing shell renovation! Your landscaping is very beautiful! Lovely gardens and the backyard too! I also like on how you mixed a fence and the hedge arch. I might gonna try this too on my future build. Giving you a credit of course (or did you borrowed from someone's build?). ;) And your interior, beautiful! Very lovely green color scheme! Awesome MOOing as well!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves and best lucks for #BnS25 Expert Level! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    Hi Cath! Love it, love it, love it! Can't wait to DL and take a peek. I think I'm going to run and do that right now. Hope you are doing well. Sending huge hugs to you, my dear.
    h2xmsbl]