Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gift of Creation Game *Join the Fun*

Comments

• Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    no I don't use saver---- maybe I schould but his other mods normally keep me free of chrash
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    NagyGinaNagyGina Posts: 833 Member
    @anettesb, I had forgotten to add that in and spent 3 hours in edit town mode without saving, only to lose everything. the great thing about the Mod is that it saves in buy/build modes. why EA neglected that feature is beyond me, but NRaas Saver truly lives up to its name! ;)
  • Options
    NagyGina wrote: »
    @anettesb, I had forgotten to add that in and spent 3 hours in edit town mode without saving, only to lose everything. the great thing about the Mod is that it saves in buy/build modes. why EA neglected that feature is beyond me, but NRaas Saver truly lives up to its name! ;)

hmm might be worth getting....
    what happens if you loade a save done in buildmode?

🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    VGryphon wrote: »
    All my EA store emails get forwarded to my gmail account. :smile:
    @VGryphon, I really should set that up also, I get 0 spam on Gmail too, unfortunately I do not have my Origin/EA accounts on Gmail to begin with. I wrote a sticky note to remind myself, hehehe :D Thank you! :kissing_heart:
    Actually, I have a bunch of email addresses for different things, most are redirected to the gmail account. I have one account specifically for games, which I tied to my EA account when I got SPORE. However since coming here and getting the gift blasts, I've also set up a filter to assign all my Sims to a specific mailbox / folder. :grin:

Though I just got a smartphone and having it monitor my gmail account is interesting.

I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • Options
    jg2342arjg2342ar Posts: 457 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    I promised to have my little (very little) build completed this week ... and so it is! :)

Creation Entry:
    Creator’s Username: @ajaxpost
    Entrant’s Username: @KaytayRoall - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13666009#Comment_13666009
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=VGryphon - @VGryphon has contributed so much to the forums recently I can't not nominate him! :)
    Item Title: The Old Cottage
    Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8677890
    Description: An affordable single-storey starter home in the old English cottage style.
    Details: On a small 15x10 lot this single bedroom home has all the charm of a bygone age, although the toilet is now indoors! It is sparsely furnished (to keep costs down) but includes a comfortable lounge with a roaring fire and a practical kitchen/diner. Even on such a small plot of land there is room for a car and even a small garden.

Furnished: $16,402
    Unfurnished: $10,904

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? No

Pictures:
    tumblr_npqxumBQdr1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npqxumBQdr1sgcmqgo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_npqxumBQdr1sgcmqgo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_npqxwa0l9d1sgcmqgo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npqxwa0l9d1sgcmqgo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_npqxwa0l9d1sgcmqgo4_1280.jpg

There are a few more pictures at http://ajax-tum.tumblr.com/post/121218106474/the-old-cottage

Hope I've done this right and it meets the requirements :)

Wow that is so adorable! I am so downloading that!
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    jg2342ar wrote: »
    I promised to have my little (very little) build completed this week ... and so it is! :)

Thank you so much :blush:

It does seem that small starter homes are quite popular! :smiley:
  • Options
    jg2342ar wrote: »

Thank you so much :blush:

It does seem that small starter homes are quite popular! :smiley:

Does and familie home are very limit ed in game
  • Options
    anettesb wrote: »

@anettesb, When in build or buy mode, it will ask if you wish to save, and if you set it up to multiple numbers (I think I have mine outrageously high, but I am a big saver), it will put the next number up or restart the rotation, then if you quit the game or crash :(, and go back in you will be in edit town mode (I believe), but all your work will be saved. I am trying to think of my settings off of the top of my head, but I just set it at the start and use the same settings for every game. You can pause when saving, and pause upon return (this helps if you need to step away and are live in game... you can set it for going into town view, that way when you are mid game play, it will safe faster, less likely for rendering glitches. I feel like I am leaving something out, but maybe someone might be able to clarify better? Hope that helps! :)

• Options
    anettesb wrote: »

@anettesb, When in build or buy mode, it will ask if you wish to save, and if you set it up to multiple numbers (I think I have mine outrageously high, but I am a big saver), it will put the next number up or restart the rotation, then if you quit the game or crash :(, and go back in you will be in edit town mode (I believe), but all your work will be saved. I am trying to think of my settings off of the top of my head, but I just set it at the start and use the same settings for every game. You can pause when saving, and pause upon return (this helps if you need to step away and are live in game... you can set it for going into town view, that way when you are mid game play, it will safe faster, less likely for rendering glitches. I feel like I am leaving something out, but maybe someone might be able to clarify better? Hope that helps! :)

some I usally save each night after the cleaning of town.
    -pause the game
    - focus on lot
    and save after big events... also pause and focus on lot
    mostly gotten save fails when looking at the whole town
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I'll add my vote for the Saver mod. It really is a sanity saver.

I also would spend hours playing or, especially, in build mode and when I remembered to save I often got the dreaded Error 12 and all would be lost! :rage:

And then I installed Saver! :relieved:

I have mine set to pause and prompt me every twenty minutes, in live play and build modes and cycle through four saves (Game1, Game2, Game3 and Game4 for example) and I change the name slightly to create a new series of save (like GameA1 through to GameA4).

When you load a build mode save it takes you back into Map mode so you just need to go back into home lot Build Mode or Edit Town as appropriate.
    Post edited by ajaxpost on
  • Options
    I'll add my vote for the Saver mod. It really is a sanity saver.

I also would spend hours playing or, especially, in build mode and when I remembered to save I often got the dreaded Error 12 and all would be lost! :rage:

I have mine set to pause and prompt me every twenty minutes, in live play and build modes and cycle through four saves (Game1, Game2, Game3 and Game4 for example and I change the name slightly to create a new series of save (like GameA1, through to GameA4).

When you load a build mode save it takes you back into Map mode so you just need to go back into home lot Build Mode or Edit Town as appropriate.

oh so it can be set to just remind you... I like that better than it doing it for me
  • Options
    PetaTPetaT Posts: 648 Member
    I too will put in my vote for saver :) You can adjust the settings how you want them, save by sim time/ real time pause on save, number of save cycles etc. it is very versatile and has helped me loads of times. It will pop up and ask if you want to save and what you want it to save as and you click the tick or the x as you wish.

Loving all the builds so far <3

Thankyou @NagyGina <3 downloading your gifts as I type :) unfortunatly will not get a chance to go in game till Saturday :'( due to work commitment's, but I am really looking forward to Saturday now :D and will continue with my next creation, B) which I hope to get finished by mid week.
    My Sims3 My Page, and my Thankyou Thread.
    Rose%20redsiggy2_zps9syrrazx.png
  • Options
    I think :dizzy: I finished updating all the Gift Creations and Entrants, please if I missed anyone, let me know? :smiley:

@PetaT, I am glad to put you one step closer to owning the store! ;) And cannot wait to see your Gift Creation! :kissing_heart:

Thank you @ajaxpost for better clarifying the Saver Mod! I guess I must be really paranoid, I have mine set for at least a million saves (haha :p)! :kissing_heart:

@VGryphon, I was so sworn against smartphones, but not for the usual reasons. I have a lot of electricity flowing through me, too much that I fry most electronics (oopsi >:)). I cannot use the laptop's keyboard either, sparks fly all over! :open_mouth: But with a stylist (when I remember to take it with me), a thick rubberized casing, and thick screen cover, I would feel lost without my smartphone now. ;) I hope your new phone is just as helpful to you as you are to all of us on these forums! :kissing_heart:

Now, to put some food in my tummy, before I waste away to nothingness! :open_mouth:

Big Pixel Hugs Everyone! <3
  • Options
    VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    @NagyGina, at this point it is useful for 2 things: grabbing daily deals in the middle of the night (it turns on faster than my laptop that I watch movies on in my bedroom), and letting me know I have new mail while getting some playtime in. Otherwise, I'm at a full desktop computer so that takes care of the rest.

I will take your advice about NRAAS saver. I've lost a few builds due to crashes. Thank you also @ajaxpost for the additional details about this mod.
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @ajaxpost Thank you so very, very much! This was such a wonderful surprise to find when I turned on my computer at the end of a hectic week. I know how challenging it is to make attractive homes within the starting budget and you have done a great job. I love especially love how you stayed true to the architectural style with the multiple entrances and separate WC. And you even managed to afford curtains! That's something my starters are always missing and they look so bare without them. I think the fireplace and old-fashioned television suit the feel perfectly, even if you did pick them out of necessity. The whole home is so cozy and sweet. I can't wait to get it in game and explore it up close and let one of my sims make it their home! Thank you! <3:D
  • Options
    jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    Thank you! :blush: Yeah, keeping the price down did get difficult. I had set my heart on having a fireplace, like every good cottage home should have, but they're so expensive and big. The one I've used is about the cheapest and isn't quite what I wanted but I think it helps with the homely feel I was after. But that meant I had to drop the car space, use the cheapest TV, I even used a cheaper wallpaper pattern and there was still no money for clutter! But the thing I miss most was the extra ivy and plants I wanted around the outside - that ivy is so expensive, I think there's only about three pieces left just to give a sense of old age. :)

Yes! The landscaping is quite an issue - A home just doesn't look right to me without flowers, trees, etc, but wow are they expensive! If I did it the way I want to, it would be a little shack sitting on a beautifully landscaped lot! :smiley: I thought I could get around using the cheapest items in the house, by just changing the look of them so that they appear to be more high end. I'll work on it this weekend, and see what I come up with. I really do enjoy the challenge! :)
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,363 Member
    edited August 2015
    Oops, putting back! What I'd really like is a sim who looks like James Spader in Pretty in Pink with no CC. Thank you!

1) James Spader the way he looked in Pretty in Pink
    2) a wedding venue using all the Romanza stuff built in Lucky Palms

•EPs: I have LN, AM, WA, and Generations currently installed
    •SPs: High-End Loft, Outdoor Living, Master Suite, Town Life
    •EA Sims 3 Worlds: ST, LL
    •EA Sims 3 Store Content: hmm, don't know how to list all this
    •Origin Exclusives: Don't think I have any of these, not sure
    •Bundle Exclusives: Same as exclusives
    •Special Requests/Instructions: No CC please.
    •Creation Wishlist Wants: Just James Spader for now :)

Concept & Ideas Wishlist
    What are your favourite things to Create? I love to renovate EA houses and make sims that (I think) look like characters in my favorite books.
    What inspires your Creations? Colors! I'll see a color and think oh that will go nice with...and I'm off and running. Sims are mainly inspired by books or my SFP game. This sounds weird but I'm also very inspired by really ugly houses. It makes my day to find a horrifically ugly EA house and completely renovate it to look awesome.
    How can we offer our assistance in your creations? Hmmm, give them nice roofs?? :wink:
    What are your favourite themes? I love the angles and colors in modern styles
    What are your favourite Colours? Oh that's a hard one, I have to think about that. Not! PINK! I like red too.
    What are your dislikes? Supernatural. I'm not very good at landscaping so don't like doing it.
    What are the things you most would like to bounce ideas off of? Not sure, I'm just figuring all this out!
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    @AlphaFen, thank you for the Wigwam dresser! :smiley: I wanted to add a picture of a lovely little spot here in KY, but I can't get tinypics to cooperate, so I'll just post the link so you can see for yourself. :lol:

http://www.wigwamvillage.com/
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Love this thread! Thanks @NagyGina and @Whimsicalwind. I have a creation wish. I have always wanted a sim who looks like James Spader in Pretty in Pink. I have tried to make him but I'm no good at doing celebrity sims. Would anyone like to take this on?

I have a couple of cute little starter houses. I need to go back and read through this thread and the rules then I'll try uploading. :D
    OoooOoo YaY, @ZeeGee! For now I will link this post to the Creation Wishlist, and you can either edit in the form:
    Creation Wishlist (Informal) Form:
    • Title or Theme
    • EPs:
    • SPs:
    • EA Sims 3 Worlds:
    • EA Sims 3 Store Content:
    • Origin Exclusives:
    • Bundle Exclusives:
    • Special Requests/Instructions:
    • Creation Wishlist Wants: (please try to number them)
    Or you could make another post with the form (so that everyone knows what content can be used for your wish ;)), and I will just update the link. ;)

As for your starter homes, that will be awemazing to upload and share these gifts with everyone :mrgreen: and remember to use the Entry form, so that you can be entered in for prizes. I believe that a few of the Creation Wishlists are asking for starter homes. And even those who do not have them listed, they really are in demand, especially since EA has so few to choose from! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,363 Member
    Oops, I'm sorry! Should have read back further. I'll delete my wish for now. I'll go back later and repost with the form when I get a chance. :blush:
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Oops, I'm sorry! Should have read back further. I'll delete my wish for now. I'll go back later and repost with the form when I get a chance. :blush:
    @ZeeGee Do not delete it! I have linked it to the first page. You can just add in the form when you get the chance! ;)

• Options
    @ajaxpost Thank you so very, very much! This was such a wonderful surprise to find when I turned on my computer at the end of a hectic week. I know how challenging it is to make attractive homes within the starting budget and you have done a great job. I love especially love how you stayed true to the architectural style with the multiple entrances and separate WC. And you even managed to afford curtains! That's something my starters are always missing and they look so bare without them. I think the fireplace and old-fashioned television suit the feel perfectly, even if you did pick them out of necessity. The whole home is so cozy and sweet. I can't wait to get it in game and explore it up close and let one of my sims make it their home! Thank you! <3:D
    That's wonderful, thank you, I am so pleased that you like my little home :blush:

And I have to agree with you about curtains, windows just aren't right without them! In fact they were another cost compromise, but I think those "kids" bedroom curtains actually look better than the ones I had originally chosen! :)

Have fun with it.
  • Options
    AND the aliens are back takeing my test sim...
  • Options
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    I don't understand this.

the game or aome coment?

if the game try to tell what you do understand, how you understand the rules... then it is easier to help you get it right.