Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone tested out the employees yet?

Hi All,

I haven't had a chance to play yet...

Has anyone tested out the employees? Are they actually working now? How are the customers?
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I want to know too. Also the maids, I would like to know how are they going.

I am holding off patching for a while, maybe till next week.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    TheKryptoKnightTheKryptoKnight Posts: 122 Member
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    That's such good news! I was a bit worried.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    I'd wait for more feedback. I haven't been able to check myself either. But I've been looking for info too! At the very least, I've not seen any "EMPLOYEES ARE STILL TERRIBLE" threads, which means they're probably working. When things are going well, you'll stop seeing it on the forums :P
  • Options
    joleaco wrote: »

Maids I can comment on, and are fixed :)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Finally. They never showed up in my game when I called them.

• Options

Yay, my sims will not have to clean their own filth ever again! :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    AlisiaDAlisiaD Posts: 147 Member
    Well I am testing a business out at the moment. So far I am noticing no changes. My employee (lvl 4 work ethic) is either dancing, or sitting around having a chat instead of ringing up customers. Perhaps she might perform other tasks better (ringing up customers has always been a issue). My customers are coming in, all going to one corner of the store, sitting around having a chat, then they will suddenly decide the want to go and buy something, and walk over to what they want to buy without even looking at it prior to wanting to buy it.

The last couple of days I have spent playing TS2 OFB. It works sooo much better. Very disappointing. :(
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Just a thought....it might be that you have to start a new game from scratch before you notice any changes. I don't have the EP and I never hire maids, so I'm not sure that's why they don't work for everyone.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    AlisiaDAlisiaD Posts: 147 Member
    Well if that is the case Jarsie9, then that is very disappointing. I have spent months working on this neighbourhood, working on the families, changing all the buildings etc. and now I have to start from scratch to get a patch to work that fixed stuff that they should have done right in the first place? And will I have to do this every time there is a new patch (and with all the things that are wrong with this game, that could be a on a very regular basis)?

I remember back 10-15 years ago, you would buy a game on a disk, and it worked how it should. Back in TS1 & 2 days, I didn't even have internet connection, I never even use to register my games, but they worked exactly as they should have. None of this releasing incomplete, broken games that they will fix when they get around to it plum. People are saying we should be greatful for the bug fixes! I say they should get it right in the first place. If they could do it 10-15 years ago, why can't they now???

Sorry for the rant, I am just sooo upset/frustrated by this whle Sims 4 thing. It could/should have been so good. Thanks for trying to help Jarsie9, it's appreciated.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Hi All,

I haven't had a chance to play yet...

Has anyone tested out the employees? Are they actually working now? How are the customers?

I gave up on owning a business, I'd rather they go off to work and I don't have to do anything.
  • Options
    AlisiaD wrote: »
    Well I am testing a business out at the moment. So far I am noticing no changes. My employee (lvl 4 work ethic) is either dancing, or sitting around having a chat instead of ringing up customers. Perhaps she might perform other tasks better (ringing up customers has always been a issue). My customers are coming in, all going to one corner of the store, sitting around having a chat, then they will suddenly decide the want to go and buy something, and walk over to what they want to buy without even looking at it prior to wanting to buy it.

The last couple of days I have spent playing TS2 OFB. It works sooo much better. Very disappointing. :(

Well, that sounds exactly the same as before. :/
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Yes, I have put off testing my stores because I don't want steam blowing out my ears if it isn't fixed. Because the things they did say about the maids in my game are not true, either. And or the group talks etc. As a matter of fact I have several jump bugs in my game now that I never, ever had before. No cc or mods. :s
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    Well if that is the case Jarsie9, then that is very disappointing. I have spent months working on this neighbourhood, working on the families, changing all the buildings etc. and now I have to start from scratch to get a patch to work that fixed stuff that they should have done right in the first place? And will I have to do this every time there is a new patch (and with all the things that are wrong with this game, that could be a on a very regular basis)?

I remember back 10-15 years ago, you would buy a game on a disk, and it worked how it should. Back in TS1 & 2 days, I didn't even have internet connection, I never even use to register my games, but they worked exactly as they should have. None of this releasing incomplete, broken games that they will fix when they get around to it plum. People are saying we should be greatful for the bug fixes! I say they should get it right in the first place. If they could do it 10-15 years ago, why can't they now???

Sorry for the rant, I am just sooo upset/frustrated by this whle Sims 4 thing. It could/should have been so good. Thanks for trying to help Jarsie9, it's appreciated.

maybe try creating a new save instead of just saving and restarting the game and delete local thumb cache?
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes, I have put off testing my stores because I don't want steam blowing out my ears if it isn't fixed. Because the things they did say about the maids in my game are not true, either. And or the group talks etc. As a matter of fact I have several jump bugs in my game now that I never, ever had before. No cc or mods. :s

I am not going to hire any employees yet either. My stores are coping well with only family members running them at the moment, they don't need any employees getting in the way. If I keep the stores on the smaller side they hopefully may never need to hire anyone. Employees cost too much for the zero work they do :|
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Thank you Graham! I'll test them out tonight.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2015
    @SimGuruGraham thank you for the confirmation and clarification very helpful! do you know who i can ask about issues related to the active career for example i know the patch provided a fix for wrong clues in the detective career. i had a save that asked me to look for a female teen with red hair in shorts. i couldn't locate anyone with this description before the patch. and tried at least three times.

after the patch i still couldn't located anyone that fit that description but i was able to arrest a YA male but with red hair and shorts. :)

im also since the patch am having crashing issue with the career. and crashing is something i almost never have.
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member

Awesome!

Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    @SimGuruGraham thank you for the confirmation and clarification very helpful! do you know who i can ask about issues related to the active career for example i know the patch provided a fix for wrong clues in the detective career. i had a save that asked me to look for a female teen with red hair in shorts. i couldn't locate anyone with this description before the patch. and tried at least three times.

after the patch i still couldn't located anyone that fit that description but i was able to arrest a YA male but with red hair and shorts. :)

im also since the patch am having crashing issue with the career. and crashing is something i almost never have.
    Really? Does it freeze for a couple of seconds when you take finger prints? This was happening with me before the patch.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited May 2015

Really? Does it freeze for a couple of seconds when you take finger prints? This was happening with me before the patch.

i hadnt noticed any issue with fingerprinting but so far game corruption seems possible for many things like i havent been able to search a suspect since my detective was impregnated by an alien. not sure if its related. when it first happened i thought it was because of the baby bump since its a routing issue. but he's since had his baby and i still cant.

im still testing the crashing. i have a back up copy of the save that crashed im testing to see if i can figure whats making it crash. ive had it happen three times in this save all when trying to reload home lot after a days work.
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru

You may want to try tweeting to @SimGuruHouts regarding any issues you come across with Detectives. We do have people regularly monitoring the forums to help track issues that players are coming across as well, so posting in the Bugs & Issues forum can be helpful in drawing attention to things.
  • Options
    Just curious if Npc stores have been improved as well since the patch. Are townies still mostly talking or shopping more in Npc stores now?
  • Options
    mtwtfss71mtwtfss71 Posts: 173 Member
    My employees seem to now be working as Graham indicated they should, with the exception (which he mentioned as a known issue) of the ring up a customer task. I still have to make my Sim do that. The customers are also breaking from conversation to go browse more. I like the changes. :)
  • Options
    chasity2800chasity2800 Posts: 2 New Member
    My employees still don't do anything. I have updated it. I've had to fire 6 people