Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    rabidkitty07rabidkitty07 Posts: 416 Member
    It doesn't matter to me as I like creating whatever theme you come up for us! :)
    My Origin ID: rabidkitty7

• Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I don't have GTW yet, it'll probably be awhile before I can afford it. But, I still wouldn't mind if you had GTW Room themes since I love seeing the EP's build mode objects and the creative way talented builders use them. :)
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    edited April 2015
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello to everyone :) I just wanted to ask a question. With the new EP having come out, I was wondering if you would like the next challenge to be another shop themed challenge room, or would you prefer to do the other types of rooms, such as bedrooms, dining rooms, rooms that are not shop rooms etc. I just wasn't sure whether you would like another shop room or if it is better to do non shop rooms . Could you perhaps post here what you think? Thankyou :)

Hey Rose,

For me personally it does not matter, because I will always stock my game with whatever new EP's or downloads come available. However, that being said, looking back at this weeks challenge the entries are few and not the consistency of previous weeks.

There could be 2 reasons for that:
    1 Because of the Easter long weekend (Holiday)
    2. Because most people do not have the EP yet.

My vote is to go back to "normal" rooms until such time that most OP's have bought or downloaded the new EP. Everybody should have an equal opportunity to showcase their "room" and shop themed rooms give the ones that own them an advantage over the one's that do not. (You can not really put a shop together without the new EP goodies and that might be discouraging to others)

Because I'm more a builder and not a decorator of rooms, this thread has encouraged me to focus more on details and improve my rooming skills. Hence the reason I try to submit an entry every week.

But most importantly, this thread has a very positive outcome on simmers and improved social togetherness on the forum. Love it
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello to everyone :) I just wanted to ask a question. With the new EP having come out, I was wondering if you would like the next challenge to be another shop themed challenge room, or would you prefer to do the other types of rooms, such as bedrooms, dining rooms, rooms that are not shop rooms etc. I just wasn't sure whether you would like another shop room or if it is better to do non shop rooms . Could you perhaps post here what you think? Thankyou :)

Hey Rose,

For me personally it does not matter, because I will always stock my game with whatever new EP's or downloads come available. However, that being said, looking back at this weeks challenge the entries are few and not the consistency of previous weeks.

There could be 2 reasons for that:
    1 Because of the Easter long weekend (Holiday)
    2. Because most people do not have the EP yet.

My vote is to go back to "normal" rooms until such time that most OP's have bought or downloaded the new EP. Everybody should have an equal opportunity to showcase their "room" and shop themed rooms give the ones that own them an advantage over the one's that do not. (You can not really put a shop together without the new EP goodies and that might be discouraging to others)

Because I'm more a builder and not a decorator of rooms, this thread has encouraged me to focus more on details and improve my rooming skills. Hence the reason I try to submit an entry every week.

But most importantly, this thread has a very positive outcome on simmers and improved social togetherness on the forum. Love it

Hello :) Thankyou very much for what you have written. It is very helpful. I am thinking the same way that I think it would be better not to have shop themed rooms. I want everyone to enjoy doing the rooms, whether they have eps, game packs or not.
    Thankyou!
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Thanks @rosemow
    I agree with Rene, I think it was fun to do a GTW one for the launch of the EP, but I would suggest go back to normal for a few weeks,
    but I think the Easter holidays will have hindered entries as people may be away too

Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    Thanks @rosemow
    I agree with Rene, I think it was fun to do a GTW one for the launch of the EP, but I would suggest go back to normal for a few weeks,
    but I think the Easter holidays will have hindered entries as people may be away too

Hello @Liziann1 :) Thankyou for your helpful view.
  • Options
    PilotDivanPilotDivan Posts: 3 New Member
    Your bakery room is awesome @ReneVeronicaZIta
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Theme for the week: Bethany's Bakery
    Gallery name of room: Callie Cafe
    Origin ID: Simfan923
    f9mk1.jpg
    35b5xfl.jpg
    b6ef49.jpg
    35k313d.jpg
    2v2imx4.jpg
    10de2x0.jpg
    epm54m.jpg
    11uxfzb.jpg

1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Callie Cafe is very nice! @EAfan99 :) Very nice exterior of the build! It looks very nice how you have placed the windows on the front exterior of the building. Very nice outdoors dining patio area! Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered tables there eating food that they have bought at the store. It looks nice how you have a gate entrance to the patio. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the bakery! It looks so nice how you have a wall of bookcases! The tall lamps look nice how you have placed them either sides of the bookcases. It looks nice how you have accompanied the bookcases area with placing books decor on the side tables. The wall panelling in the bakery looks nice and suits the bakery theme. It looks nice that you have placed the large brown floor rug in front of the bookcases, which goes well with the colour scheme of the room. Very nice dining area. It looks nice how you have placed the tables near the windows, for sims to enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst sitting eating and reading there. The large cupcake themed pictures look great on the wall! It looks very nice how you have placed the glass display cases in the room! They look nice stocked with delicious baked goods for customers to buy! It looks great how you have placed the cash register counter between the glass display cases. The kitchen area is nice. Bethany will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the kitchen windows whilst using the sink and making coffee there. It looks very nice how you have display racks of books for sale that she has written! The plaque on the wall near the wall racks where some of the books are for sale looks great! Very nice bookcase section where you have placed the books on the tables in front of the bookcase and top of the bookcase, ready to be sold! It is great that you have the books for sale both on the upper and ground levels. The large floral picture looks very nice on the bathroom wall.
    It is a very nice bakery! It looks very nice how you have combined the selling of baked items with the selling of books too! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    Puncky99Puncky99 Posts: 338 Member
    Great Bakery's so far! <3 I love playing with mine! :)

Theme for the week: A Bakery Room for Bethany
    Gallery name of room : Crumpets & Pastries (you can download the bakery as a room or as a whole lot. They both have the same name).
    Origin id : Simmie99

MOO is used. NO CC

Pictures of the room :

1_zps7cw9uw6o.png

2_zps4j4iywub.png

3_zpslu1q0k4l.png

4_zpsf42oqvk1.png

5_zps0cy2utzr.png

6_zpsvxsi4key.png

7_zpsb5csftxy.png
    Onderschrift_Luna_1_met_Logo_zpsbwcad4il.jpg

EA ID: Simmie99
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoonshineSim
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MoonshineSim/
    Please visit my website for more of my creations.
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited April 2015
    Theme for the week: Bethany's Bakery
    Gallery name of room: Bliss Bakery & Cafe
    Origin ID: gmcrozier

04-05-15_8-58nbspAM_zpsukozdc8q.png

04-05-15_8-59nbspAM_zpsrip8k1pn.png

04-05-15_9-00nbspAM_zpsvbnrzoel.png

04-05-15_9-00nbspAM-2_zpsg4v3fuig.png

04-05-15_9-00nbspAM-3_zpswjzxnc24.png
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    green_mau wrote: »
    Please dont do shops i cant purchase the EP and i will be so sad to not be able to participate :(

I don't have GTW yet either, but I still managed to do the bakery challenge.

I would prefer regular challenges over too many shop challenges though.
  • Options
    Crumpets and Pastries is such a very nice bakery! @Puncky99 :) Very nice exterior design of the bakery! The roofing is very nice and it looks great how you have done the angled walls at the front sides of the building! The awnings and the planter boxes on the windows are very nice for sims to see when coming to the store. The texture of the exterior looks nice. Very nice side patio dining area for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the sunshine at the umbrella covered tables eating food that they have bought at the bakery. The cupcake signs are nice touches on the front door wall. The type of front door that you have used looks very nice. The furnishing of the interior is so lovely! Very nice layout of the room! The wall pattern and wall texture looks nice and very nice colour scheme of the room. The cash register counter area is very nice! It looks so nice how you have used the spandrels there, in the entrance to the kitchen ! It looks nice how you have placed the glass display cases either sides of the register counter, stocked with delicious baked items to buy! The flowers on the counter are pretty for sims to enjoy seeing when buying. It looks very nice how you have placed the tables and chairs in the room for sims to enjoy sitting on, dining and chatting . It looks nice how you have used different coloured seats together. The flowers, teaset and books are nice touches on top of the tables. Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables having a read of a book from the bookcase. The circle flooring under the table looks nice. It looks very nice the type of and how you have placed the windows, for sims to enjoy looking out through them at the outdoors views whilst sitting at the tables. It looks nice how you have placed a displays rack beside the front door and have the fridge the other side. It is nice that you have a bar stool counter section for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools dining and having a chat. The mugs rack is a nice touch on the counter, Very nice kitchen area! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets. The cupcakes pictures on the walls through the room are very nice bakery themed items for the sims to enjoy seeing. The placement of the cupcakes pictures on the walls either sides of the kitchen entrance creates a great look. The green plants are nice touches in the room.
    It is such a very nice bakery! Bethany will enjoy running it! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member

@gmcrozier I am loving the attention to detail in yours and how much work youve put in

@Puncky99 I love the muted colours they look so stylish! I love your landscaping and the details on the tables

@EAfan99 I really like your bakery come bookstore, it has a real comfortable look to it,
    I see my sims sipping coffee nibbling a donut and being relaxed and engrossed in the latest blockbuster!

Liz

Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Bliss Bakery and Cafe is so very nice! @gmcrozier :) The exterior design and layout of the building is so very nice! Very nice curved front patio! Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered tables there, enjoying dining in the outdoors air. The yellow colour of the seating looks sunny and nice. Very nice upper roof level outdoors dining patio area too! Sims will enjoy sitting at the tables there having a drink from the bar, and enjoying the sunshine. It looks so very nice the types of and how you have placed the windows in the build! The window looks very nice how you have placed it on the brick textured wall in the front area of the buikd, and the cupcake signs look nice either sides of the window. The signs and the awnings are nice for sims to see when coming to the bakery. Very nice back curved patio outdoors dining area too! The lavender looks pretty on the edges of the patio and the building. Very nice layout of the interior of the bakery! It is great that you have a room for the cupcake machine. It looks nice how you have placed the glass display cases for sims to enjoy coming to buy baked items from. It looks very nice how you have placed the flower planter boxes and plants along the edges of the display cases! The magazine stand is a nice touch in the middle of the plants. It looks very nice how you have set up the tables and chairs for the sims to dine at.
    It is a very nice bakery! Sims will enjoy dining both outside and indoors! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    JodiPMJodiPM Posts: 496 Member
    Very nice bakeries!

I think the next room should just be a regular room and nothing to do,with an EP. :)
    Live, love, Laugh and forget the drama queens.

• Options
    Hello @liliaeth and @Divalicious :) Thankyou very much for your views.

To everyone, the challenges will now be back to regular rooms or rooms not connected with eps. I look forward to seeing your rooms for the challenges ahead! :)
  • Options
    JodiPMJodiPM Posts: 496 Member
    I can't wait!
    Live, love, Laugh and forget the drama queens.

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    I missed a couple of Bathrooms from last week's challenge, so I'd like to comment on those first.

@Puncky99, Peach Heaven is Divine! It has a beautiful layout and the colors and decor are beautiful! I love the glass fences you used to separate the areas.

@treece01, Nature Calls (Love that name!) is so cool! Totally feels like it's outside and I really love the water feature.

Rose, this is a great idea for this weeks challenge! I wasn't sure if I would have time to enter but I managed to find some time today to get something together. Thank you once again for hosting these fun challenges each week, Rose! :)<3

@Amazingamphy, Bethany's Bakery is adorable! The window boxes and awnings looks so pretty.

@liliaeth, Old Fashioned Bakery is so cute! I love the cabinets and shelving behind the counters. The candles and flowers look very pretty as centerpieces.

@pottergoose, Bethany's Cakes and Art is very pretty! I love your color choices and layout.

@ReneVeronicaZIta, Cupcake Factory looks Gorgeous! I love the pretty tables all set with dishes. The giant cupcakes look fabulous in the display case and on the pedestals.

@rabidkitty07, Vieux Carré Bakery looks awesome! Love the brick and open porch areas. The interior is very nicely laid out too.

@Liziann1, Brown's Bakery is beautiful! I love the awnings and color choices for both the interior and exterior. It's very nicely laid out and I really like the daisy centerpieces.

@EAfan99, Callie Cafe is so pretty both inside and out! It's so warm and welcoming. Your baked goods display cases look awesome and I love that you included books for sale too. Cool idea!

@Puncky99, A Bakery Room for Bethany is Fabulous! I love the design of the exterior. The patios are so cool. Very nicely designed on the interior with lovely color and decor choices.

• Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    There are some great bakeries this week. I personally love the bakeries that don't overuse things like the enlarge tool and MOO. The people that don't use or overuse these features really show how creative they are.

@rosemow I think the fact that this is Easter weekend and over here in Australia, it is also school holidays in some states, would contribute to less rooms this week.

Personally I haven't entered this week due to work and Easter. Plus being a full building has also impacted on my decision not to take part as I am really enjoying spending my time playing my scientist.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: A Bakery Room for Bethany
    Gallery name of room : Sweetest Thing
    Origin id : wrathofcath
    Pictures of the room :

So I ended up doing a whole bakery instead of just a room. It's pretty small, on a 15x20 but I wanted to include eating areas both indoors and out. Thankfully basements were added with the last patch or I have No idea where I would have put in the bathrooms, lol.

04-05-15_8-04nbspPM-2_zpsownpwra0.png
    04-05-15_8-06nbspPM_zpsekl0zbps.png
    04-05-15_8-09nbspPM_zpscwbd0rih.png
    04-05-15_8-09nbspPM-2_zps6h8rodqe.png
    04-05-15_7-48nbspPM_zpsnyzq10t1.png
    04-05-15_7-59nbspPM-2_zpsoniyoo6q.png
    04-05-15_7-58nbspPM-2_zpspjtbbywn.png
    04-05-15_8-08nbspPM_zpsz6szijrj.png
    04-05-15_8-02nbspPM-3_zps5xxl0wac.png
    04-05-15_8-01nbspPM_zpscuzwqhwj.png
    04-05-15_8-02nbspPM-2_zpso0blvcr4.png
    04-05-15_8-02nbspPM_zps0uj0oq1j.png
  • Options
    Hello @kamb1403 I think that with it being Easter, many people are busy. I hope that you will be able to enter the next challenge. I know that real life can get busy though.
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    @WrathofCath Sweetest thing is absolutely amazing. I love it. I think the bathroom area downstairs would also be suitable for a wedding reception or a wedding chapel.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top