Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited April 2015
    Thanks @rosemow. I am trying your suggestions from a thread a found. I also removed my mods just in case, though I really don't think they're the issue. I had the weird can't-cook-from-fridge bug the other day that I thought was a mod issue, but it wasn't - restarting fixed it. Never free of bugs, are we?? :dizzy:

Update: Everything A-okay. Repairing and removing that cache file worked. Not sure if it was one or both, but either way everything is good! Thanks for your advice!

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread... hehe, sorry for the mini-hijack.
    Post edited by bouquetcatcher on
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    AmazingamphyAmazingamphy Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited April 2015
    Just finished Bethany's Bakery.

04-02-15_1-51nbspPM_zps7umbfv34.png
    04-02-15_1-52nbspPM_zpszm2oqwt6.png
    04-02-15_1-55nbspPM_zps7wlllitx.png
    04-02-15_1-53nbspPM_zpsllmdgtes.png
    04-02-15_1-55nbspPM-2_zpszhcnrgr4.png
    HmypxT0.png
    Gone from this place and never coming back. P5 is good
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,634 Member
    Bethany's Bakery is a very nice store for sims to enjoy visiting to buy and eat baked goods! @Amazingamphy :) The front exterior entrance to the store is very nice! The awnings and the yellow flower box windows look so very pretty! The brick texture of the exterior looks nice. It looks very nice how you have angled the walls at the front of the building.Nice front steps porchway entrance to the bakery. Very nice furnishing and layout of the interior of the Bakery! The front desk counter area is very nice! It looks great how you have set up the registers on the counter, and the scenic and sunflowers pictures on the wall are very nice for sims to see when in the room enjoying eating the food. It looks great how you have done the gateway between the counters for the sims running the store to go through to the back of the register counter. Nice dining areas. It looks nice that you have used round tables there for sims to enjoy dining at. It is nice that you have placed the bookcase near one of the tables for sims to enjoy reading and eating at the same time. The yellow flowers picture above the bookcase is a very nice sunny sight for the sims to enjoy seeing. The atm machine looks great there! The marble flooring in the room looks very nice.It looks very nice how you have placed the windows in the build. It is great that you have a basement kitchen! It looks nice how you have set up the kitchen with the counters, the fridge, ovens and the nice kitchen touch of the hanging pots and pans. The orange/brown wall tiling looks nice, and the colour of the fridge and the texture of the counters looks nice with the wall colour. It is great that you have three ovens in the kitchen, so that the sims can cook many dishes at the same time. It is nice that you have a fire alarm on the wall.
    It is a very nice Bakery! Sims will enjoy visiting your very nice store! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I'm going to start by saying that I do not yet own 'Get to Work' and will not be able to buy the new expansion pack for at least another week :-(
    The hard part of spending too much money on vacation, is that you end up having to be extremely careful with your money to last yourself up until the next paycheck ;-)

Anyway, I figured I'd give it a try without Get to Work, just ignore the green smoke coming off my cupcakes, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 things were going bad almost as soon as I put the game in livemode for the pics (making my Bethany throw them away as soon as she got the chance *grumble*) Just pretend it's the delicious hot scent of freshly baked cupcakes? k?

Theme for the week: Bakery
    Gallery name of room: Old fashioned bakery
    Origin ID: liliaeth
    Pictures of the room:

2-4-15_21-51_zpsdtjvrfsc.png
    2-4-15_21-50-4_zpsbot9107v.png
    2-4-15_21-50-3_zpsmpocgkia.png
    2-4-15_21-50-2_zpspgj4rpp8.png
    2-4-15_21-51-2_zps7uvs3bl6.png
    2-4-15_21-51-4_zpscgb7lzcu.png
    2-4-15_21-52_zpsqhwzcu9m.png
    2-4-15_21-51-3_zps2iauwaq1.png
    2-4-15_21-50_zpsxwfl1k7i.png
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited April 2015
    2-4-15_21-49-2_zpsvcevepdy.png
    2-4-15_21-48-2_zpsrpqns8hn.png
    2-4-15_21-49-4_zpsnlofkiwf.png
    2-4-15_21-49_zpsja28daan.png
    2-4-15_21-48_zps0uvzasly.png
    2-4-15_21-08-2_zpsdvoccdig.png
    2-4-15_21-08-3_zpsyy1if0sp.png
    2-4-15_21-07-2_zpsknjm6jfo.png
    2-4-15_21-06_zpskf8ouhfa.png

I hope you like looking at Bethany's bakery, as much as she loved showing it to you :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Old fashioned bakery is such a very nice place for sims to visit! @liliaeth :) The furnishing and layout of the bakery is so very nice! The front counter area is so very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the shelving and cabinet area behind the counter! The white cabinets look great either sides of the shelves, and it looks very nice how you have placed the different varieties of cupcakes both individually and on the plates on the shelves! The potions and easter eggs look great there too! The hamburger cake and other variety of cakes, and the fruit /vegetables look very nice on the front desk counter! The money bag is a great touch on the table there. The patterned floor rug in front of the counter adds to the nice look of the room. The green patterning of the walls looks very nice. It looks very nice how you have set up the dining tables and chairs in the bakery! The flowers and candles on the tops of the tables are pretty for the sims to see whilst sitting dining there. It looks very nice how you have the wall of windows and the corner of windows. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in whilst sitting at the seats, and enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views. The crates and milk jug are a nice touch in the corner. Sims will enjoy having a read of a book from the bookcase whilst dining. It looks nice how you have placed an Easter egg on the top of the bookcase. The sunflowers picture is a nice sunny sight for sims to enjoy seeing when coming to pick a book to read. Very nice design of the kitchen. It looks nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets. It is great that you have double kitchen sinks. Sims will enjoy looking out through the kitchen windows whilst cooking up meals in the kitchen. Very nice bathroom! The blue wall and wall tiling in the bathroom looks very nice. It looks nice how you have three sinks in the bathroom and have placed mirrors on the wall and wall lights over each sink. Bethany is so very nice ! It is very nice seeing the pictures of her in her bakery. She looks like she is enjoying sitting at the table having a read of a book, after cooking up all the delicious and yummy baked items!
    The Bakery is so very nice! The furnishing and layout of it so very nice and it is very nice pictures that you have posted on Bethany in her bakery ! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)

I hope that you will be able to get the new EP very soon!
  • Options
    rabidkitty07rabidkitty07 Posts: 416 Member
    @liliaeth I think your bakery is very nice! My Bethany sim I made to test out my bakery also has red hair!
    My Origin ID: rabidkitty7

• Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited April 2015
    Theme for the week: A Bakery for Bethany
    Gallery name of room: Bethany's cakes and art
    Origin ID: Pottergoose77
    The idea behind the shop is Bethany's love for both art and baking, so she found a way to incorporate selling both. And here is the result.
    Pictures (give me a few moments while I upload to photobucket everything

04-03-15_5-14nbspAM_zpsgumsfvqk.png

04-03-15_5-13nbspAM-4_zpsrb2zgydm.png

04-03-15_5-13nbspAM_zpsxwrehjxt.png

04-03-15_5-10nbspAM-2_zpsrqaseoe9.png

04-03-15_5-10nbspAM-5_zpsejzmhtoy.png

04-03-15_5-10nbspAM-4_zps0eygijsg.png

04-03-15_5-11nbspAM_zpsqm5kngzk.png

04-03-15_5-12nbspAM-2_zps0kdrwwdd.png

04-03-15_5-11nbspAM-2_zps1zsx1bwh.png
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    Bethany's cakes and art is a very nice bakery! @pottergoose :) It looks very great how you have combined her enjoyment of baking and art into the store! Very nice layout of the shop. It looks great how you have a staff break room area off from the main selling and dining area of the store. The corner of cupcake machines look great there. Bethany will enjoy cooking delicious food items on the cupcakes machines. The noticeboard is a nice touch on the side wall. Bethany and her staff will enjoy sitting at the table there enjoying a meal and having a break from selling. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the top of the table for the sims to see when sitting there. The pink colour of the exterior of the bakery looks very nice and suits the theme of the shop. The chocolate coloured awnings look nice over the front door. The chocolate colour looks nice with the pink of the exterior walls. It looks nice how you have done the entrance steps. The signs either sides of the front door are nice for the customers to see when coming to enter the shop. The dome type of the windows look nice. Very nice main area of the shop! The red, black and brown colour scheme looks very nice. It looks very nice how you have set up the tables and chairs for sims to enjoy sitting on and eating the food that they have bought. The type of dining seats that you have used looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the glass display shelves items for Sims to come and buy their food from. The way you have placed curved counters on the edges of the display shelves and have angled the registers on top of them looks great! Very nice cooking area! The way you have furnished the area looks great! The placement of the alternating cutlery and menu boards on the wall there looks very nice! It is great that you have double stoves there , and that you have placed the stoves together with a sink counter each side and a fridge either side of the counter! The placement of the items looks very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the paintings on the walls. Sims will enjoy looking at the paintings and purchasing the artwork. It looks nice that you have placed the coloured plumbobs picture beside the front door, as it will catch the customers attention when entering or about to leave the shop. Very nice red sofa seats sitting area! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there reading a book from the bookcase. The red and black plumbob tables look nice how you have placed them beside the edges of the sofas. It looks very nice how you have placed the red sofa painting on the wall area in the middle between the sofas and the tables, and the painting looks nice how it reflects the sofas that you have placed there!
    It is a very nice bakery! Bethany will enjoy running her shop! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Bethany's cakes and art is a very nice bakery! @pottergoose :) It looks very great how you have combined her enjoyment of baking and art into the store! Very nice layout of the shop. It looks great how you have a staff break room area off from the main selling and dining area of the store. The corner of cupcake machines look great there. Bethany will enjoy cooking delicious food items on the cupcakes machines. The noticeboard is a nice touch on the side wall. Bethany and her staff will enjoy sitting at the table there enjoying a meal and having a break from selling. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the top of the table for the sims to see when sitting there. The pink colour of the exterior of the bakery looks very nice and suits the theme of the shop. The chocolate coloured awnings look nice over the front door. The chocolate colour looks nice with the pink of the exterior walls. It looks nice how you have done the entrance steps. The signs either sides of the front door are nice for the customers to see when coming to enter the shop. The dome type of the windows look nice. Very nice main area of the shop! The red, black and brown colour scheme looks very nice. It looks very nice how you have set up the tables and chairs for sims to enjoy sitting on and eating the food that they have bought. The type of dining seats that you have used looks nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the glass display shelves items for Sims to come and buy their food from. The way you have placed curved counters on the edges of the display shelves and have angled the registers on top of them looks great! Very nice cooking area! The way you have furnished the area looks great! The placement of the alternating cutlery and menu boards on the wall there looks very nice! It is great that you have double stoves there , and that you have placed the stoves together with a sink counter each side and a fridge either side of the counter! The placement of the items looks very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the paintings on the walls. Sims will enjoy looking at the paintings and purchasing the artwork. It looks nice that you have placed the coloured plumbobs picture beside the front door, as it will catch the customers attention when entering or about to leave the shop. Very nice red sofa seats sitting area! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there reading a book from the bookcase. The red and black plumbob tables look nice how you have placed them beside the edges of the sofas. It looks very nice how you have placed the red sofa painting on the wall area in the middle between the sofas and the tables, and the painting looks nice how it reflects the sofas that you have placed there!
    It is a very nice bakery! Bethany will enjoy running her shop! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)

As usual thank you so much for the kind words. I really enjoyed creating the room for this challenge, and will probably use this bakery I created as my new retail shop, so really let me push myself to the limit on what I can create if I really put my mind to it

I also love how you can always pick up on what I'm trying to aim for with each area of the room, makes me feel that it worked out really well and people can grasp what I was aiming for :)

Looking forward to everyone's rooms and the next challenge
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Theme for the week: Bethany's Bakery Room
    Gallery name of room : CUPCAKE FACTORY no cc
    Origin id : Zita1966

My Bethany is just starting out. She had to sell her car to get her own bakery started (poor thing) But she is a motivated girl and very ambitious and she knows that even though she had 2 sell little Fire-fly (car) she will soon have a new car if she stays focused on the prize. She obviously had to start small with her bakery and because the kitchen cost so much she decided to have a smaller bakery room but also wanted it to be inviting to lure customers. Do you think she is happy with the outcome? lol

AG08N5W.jpg
  • Options
    The background details that you have written about Bethany and her bakery room are great! @ReneVeronicaZlta :) I hope that she can earn enough money very soon from cooking her delicious food so that she can purchase a new car for herself! Cupcake Factory is a very nice Bakery room! The red and white colour scheme of the room looks very nice! The white bow themed chairs and the red round tables look so nice together and suit well the type of room. It looks so nice how you have placed the white cups on the red tablecloth and have a red velvet cupcake in the middle. It gives a very nice look. It looks great how you have placed enlarged cupcakes on the different sized pedestals! It looks very nice how you have placed the menu board, cupcake and cake themed pictures and signs on the walls. They add nice touches to the room, and are nice for the sims to see when they are buying their food and enjoying eating at the tables. It looks very nice how you have placed and stocked the glass display shelves! The enlarged cupcakes look great on the shelves! It is nice that you have a magazine stand in the room, for sims to enjoy reading a magazine whilst sitting at the tables. The red striped awnings looks great! It looks nice how you have placed the counter with the registers on them between the glass display shelves,
    The cupcake bakery room is so very nice! The cupcakes will be delicious to buy and eat! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I'm going to wait a little while before submitting anything. Now that I've finally got the build mode tricks down I can brainstorm a bigger storm.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    I'm going to wait a little while before submitting anything. Now that I've finally got the build mode tricks down I can brainstorm a bigger storm.

Hello @EAfan99 :) I will look forward to seeing your bakery room and the results of your brainstorming! :)
    Your new alien avi looks great!
  • Options
    Theme for the week: Bethany's Bakery
    Gallery name of room: Vieux Carré Bakery
    Origin ID: GalaticKat

Backstory: I decided to keep with the French Quarter venue theme and also this is inspired by a coffee shop I use to go to in downtown Pensacola when I was in the Marines. It's not the same layout.Downtown Pensacola, FL reminds me of The Quarter and the upstairs area had a game room and lots of books to read. I also made Bethany and her husband.

Vieux Carré Bakery
    The Frye Family

04-03-15_2-23nbspAM_zpsaudl8yfe.png
    04-03-15_2-29nbspAM_zps8ii35qac.png
    04-03-15_2-28nbspAM-2_zpsqwexsu7n.png
    04-03-15_2-28nbspAM_zpseoypit4x.png

*Note* The goodies Bethany made and put for sale in the display cabinets are not included in the download version.

• Options
    Vieux Carre Bakery is so very nice! @rabidkitty07 :) You have captured the French Quarter theme in the build very well! The exterior design of the building looks very nice! Very nice curved front porch and upper balcony! It looks great how you have done the front pathway, and the flowers look nice in the curved area of the pathway and on the edge of the front porch. The planter boxes are such nice touches on the windows for sims to see when sitting at the tables on the upper balcony! They will enjoy sitting there eating food and looking out at the views. The brickwork texture of the exterior is nice. The large cupcake sign is very nice for sims to see when they are coming to the bakery. Nice sitting area on the front porch for sims to enjoy resting on the seat bench there, watching sims entering and leaving the bakery. The car park spots with the enlarged vehicles look great! Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the bakery! It looks very nice how you have set up the cash register front desk area! It looks very nice how you have placed the glass display shelves cases, the display racks and the freezers there, stocked with delicious baked items for the customers to buy! Sims will enjoy listening to music through the wall speaking whilst buying their food. The clock is a nice touch on the wall between the freezers. The flowers on the cash register counter are pretty sights for sims to see when deciding what to buy. The cupcake pictures and decor on the walls in the bakery add to the nice look of the bakery. Very nice dining tables area! The type of dining seats that you have used there suits well the theme of the bakery. Nice corner sitting nook beside the glass display case. Very nice upstairs areas! Very nice book reading room! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofas there having a read of a book and a chat together. The books look great on the side wall table. The computer and games room looks great! It looks nice how you have set up a counter of computers for sims to enjoy accessing the internet or playing computer games at the bakery. It is great that a number of sims can enjoy using the computers at the same time together. The pictures on the computer wall are nice for the sims to see whilst sitting there. Sims will have fun playing games in the game cube, Very nice basement kitchen! Bethany will enjoy cooking baked goods on the cupcake machine there. The black and white flooring looks nice.
    Bethany and Rohan Frye are very nice! It is great that she has married an alien! Her red hair and green eyes look nice together.
    It is a very nice Bakery! Bethany will enjoy cooking there and running her very nice shop! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow! The bakery has been so much fun to play in GTW!

• Options
    Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Theme for the week: Bethany's Bakery
    Gallery name of room: Brown's Bakery
    Origin ID: DizziSquirrel

16822570267_3d0bff8703_c.jpg

16843771799_cc07b1e5d0_c.jpg

17029986725_dd4dc79473_c.jpg

16842450950_154264a42d_c.jpg

16822574937_1ca66421a4_c.jpg

16407568984_8776fef8b0_c.jpg

After play testing, I added a bed, in the staff area. and altered the counter slightly. no Moo or CC
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

• Options
    Brown's Bakery is so very nice! @Liziann1 :) Very nice layout and furnishing of the Bakery! It looks nice how you have large front windows in the store for sims to look in through when they are coming to the shop. The blue and white awnings and the planter boxes on the windows add a very nice look to the bakery. It looks nice how you have used the spandrels at the entrance area! Very nice food displays and dining area of the bakery! It looks nice how you have set up the tables and chairs near the windows, for sims to enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them whilst eating there, as well as looking out through the windows at the views.The yellow flowers on the table and on the register counter are nice sunny sights for them to enjoy seeing whilst sitting there or buying goods . It looks very nice how you have set up the glass display shelves cases and the shelves racks ready to place yummy baked food items on them for the customers to enjoy buying. It is nice that you have placed the register on a curved counter. The cup cakes signs and pictures and menu board on the walls are nice touches in the bakery. The green colour of the walls looks very nice. The cupcake machine alcove is nice. Bethany will enjoy cooking items on the machine there. It is great that you have a staff area where Bethany can go to and have a break from the serving.
    It is a very nice Bakery! Sims will enjoy coming there to buy their baked goods! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge :)
  • Options
    jessicajade34jessicajade34 Posts: 95 Member
    So unfortunately I've been kind of caught up in appointments and similar things this week again, so I haven't been able to complete a room or comment on everyone's creations. :/ And considering tomorrow (or today according to my clock, whoops) is Easter I'm not going to get the chance until Monday. Sorry! :s
    Having said that, I don't know whether I'll enter a room this week, since I don't have GTW, so I might just do comments. :)
    Anyhow, I just thought I'd mention it, I don't want it to seem as if I've lost interest. I definitely haven't! :p

Hope everyone has a lovely Easter if you celebrate it, and if not, have a lovely Sunday! :blush:
  • Options
    So unfortunately I've been kind of caught up in appointments and similar things this week again, so I haven't been able to complete a room or comment on everyone's creations. :/ And considering tomorrow (or today according to my clock, whoops) is Easter I'm not going to get the chance until Monday. Sorry! :s
    Having said that, I don't know whether I'll enter a room this week, since I don't have GTW, so I might just do comments. :)
    Anyhow, I just thought I'd mention it, I don't want it to seem as if I've lost interest. I definitely haven't! :p

Hope everyone has a lovely Easter if you celebrate it, and if not, have a lovely Sunday! :blush:

Hello @jessicajade34 :) You don't have to have GTW to enter a room. I know that real life can get busy though. I will look forward to seeing your room if you are able to but understand if you aren't able to enter this week.
    I hope that you are having a very nice Eastertime! :)
  • Options
    Hello to everyone :) I just wanted to ask a question. With the new EP having come out, I was wondering if you would like the next challenge to be another shop themed challenge room, or would you prefer to do the other types of rooms, such as bedrooms, dining rooms, rooms that are not shop rooms etc. I just wasn't sure whether you would like another shop room or if it is better to do non shop rooms . Could you perhaps post here what you think? Thankyou :)
  • Options
    RaindropsRaindrops Posts: 389 Member
    Totally entering!
    tumblr_oc39b9Vin11se7bv3o2_r1_500.gif
  • Options
    RaindropsRaindrops Posts: 389 Member
    Please dont do shops i cant purchase the EP and i will be so sad to not be able to participate :(
    tumblr_oc39b9Vin11se7bv3o2_r1_500.gif
  • Options
    green_mau wrote: »
    Please dont do shops i cant purchase the EP and i will be so sad to not be able to participate :(

Hello @green_mau :) You can still enter the Bakery room challenge if you don't have GTW. I will look forward to seeing your room! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top