Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Obnoxious Psychosausage tests the boundaries of the Sims 4 emotions

Comments

• Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    I really wanted to go crazy last night and do a big story, but that instant shop keeper laziness just annoyed me that much, that I went off and did my default video watching thing instead of playing the game. How on earth did they not realise something like that might be considered a bad idea and not worth fine tuning? It just confuses me too much. They are a big company, not a small independent, did anyone at EA even try that scenario?

I'm guessing they use the same shop keepers to save on time and money. Just like everything else. *eyeroll*

And yay for a new update! I loved that Kindergarten Cop reference. :)

giphy.gif

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I love Mr. Sausages and your story! The shopkeepers AND Death.... OMG Too funny, really annoying, but too funny! You should definitely enter this into the contest.

I truly don't understand EA... TS4 is just a mess.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    DianaTheMadDianaTheMad Posts: 38 Member
    I love Mr. Sausages. The time he burned down that family's house was amazing.
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    Hi there i would like to see something like alien get mr susges and examine him and abduct him then there would be pregnent mr.sausges
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    I'd vote for Mr Sausages in almost any category. Even "most congenial," if that was the only one left. Story, saga, fan art, comedy... Mr Sausages is the only thing left that I like about ts4. *shakes pom poms* go team Sausages!

Agree, I will vote for Mr. Sausages too :D . Can we nominate Mr. Sausage for this ? If we can and @EmberDahl gives the permission, then I would like to do it.
  • Options
    Hi there i would like to see something like alien get mr susges and examine him and abduct him then there would be pregnent mr.sausges

I don't like to see Mr. Sausage to get abducted by aliens, to be honest. I like it IF Mr.Sausage abducts aliens and examine them or torture them >:)
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    No that's real. It has only come up the once though. I had take a cold shower too

EDIT - In the game as an option, not in real life - that would be weird.

Edit again - I've just had 'Insult a tourist' that is weird - but Mr. S is more than happy to oblige.
    lol, really WEIRD stories, the sims 4 the only place where a scientist must take a angry pop or could showers to be promoted, really so 6 years old child, probably even my 9 years niece could view this a too childshi and whatever...
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    In the medical career my sim had to go eat a bunch of snacks and complain about work to get promoted :confused:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    This thread should never end @MaroonPants . I look forward to every episode. :)
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »
    In the medical career my sim had to go eat a bunch of snacks and complain about work to get promoted :confused:

Ok, as much as I enjoy this game, angry poops, cold showers, eating snacks and complaining about work should NEVER be requirements for a promotion. That's beyond ridiculous. :/

I think they are going overboard on the silliness/quirkiness of the sims on this EP. Actually GTW made me want to try TS4. I am not sure if I would like to do that now.
  • Options
    Overall, I'm enjoying the active careers. My sim in the detective line seems to have the most sensible goals. Pretty much all of them follow a logical progression such as collect evidence, analyse evidence, add clues to board, deduce new clues. Or arrest suspect, fingerprint suspect, take mugshot, search suspect (and boy do those suspects carry around some weird things, lol).

My stupid sim did enchantingly introduce herself to one of the crims though and formed a romantic attachment /facepalm Then she had to give that sim the cold shoulder for the rest of the work day, at which point I deleted them from the townie list :wink:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    MaroonPantsMaroonPants Posts: 387 Member
    JaciJade wrote: »
    This thread should never end @MaroonPants . I look forward to every episode. :)

*cries*
    11909804_873412349399467_742719380_n.jpg?oh=52e438b18b94d2bf9fc31502acc3571d&oe=55D2753F
    I made art of of a Pepe and Google Deep Dream XD
  • Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    Susiechan wrote: »
    I'd vote for Mr Sausages in almost any category. Even "most congenial," if that was the only one left. Story, saga, fan art, comedy... Mr Sausages is the only thing left that I like about ts4. *shakes pom poms* go team Sausages!

Agree, I will vote for Mr. Sausages too :D . Can we nominate Mr. Sausage for this ? If we can and @EmberDahl gives the permission, then I would like to do it.

Yes please, can we? If he doesn't get the award, I say we make our own. \o/ Mr Sausages is in a category of his own, after all, and I will keep shaking these pom poms! I doubt any Sim alive today has more fans. Except maybe Don and Bella... but Mr Sausages puts their intrigues to shame.

By the way, @EmberDahl , how old is Mr Sausages? He's not going to get all elderly and give out on his loyal fans, is he? I guess he did already come back from the dead once...
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Ok, as much as I enjoy this game, angry poops, cold showers, eating snacks and complaining about work should NEVER be requirements for a promotion. That's beyond ridiculous. :/

I think they are going overboard on the silliness/quirkiness of the sims on this EP. Actually GTW made me want to try TS4. I am not sure if I would like to do that now.

But you see I don't find this silly or quirky. This is more high five, frat boy stuff. When I compare the humor in TS2 to TS4 I see the difference between an saucy joke with a great punch line and a corny pie in the face.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options

Yes please, can we? If he doesn't get the award, I say we make our own. \o/ Mr Sausages is in a category of his own, after all, and I will keep shaking these pom poms! I doubt any Sim alive today has more fans. Except maybe Don and Bella... but Mr Sausages puts their intrigues to shame.

By the way, @EmberDahl , how old is Mr Sausages? He's not going to get all elderly and give out on his loyal fans, is he? I guess he did already come back from the dead once...

As the number one fan of Mr. Sausage, I vote for Mr. Sausage to live forever...TURN THAT AGING OFF !!! :D

\o/ \o/ \o/
  • Options
    I find myself fantasising about the Mr Sausages EP. EA would pay EmberDahl a fortune to make a fascinating, yet perversely amusing addition to our gameplay content :blush:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options

But you see I don't find this silly or quirky. This is more high five, frat boy stuff. When I compare the humor in TS2 to TS4 I see the difference between an saucy joke with a great punch line and a corny pie in the face.

That's my "nice" way of saying it :D . As much as I love TS3, I love the silliness and quirkiness in TS2 more :) . The only time I found the emotions in TS4 and its so called silliness are funny, is when @EmberDahl put it in Mr. Sausage's story.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

That's my "nice" way of saying it :D . As much as I love TS3, I love the silliness and quirkiness in TS2 more :) . The only time I found the emotions in TS4 and its so called silliness are funny, is when @EmberDahl put it in Mr. Sausage's story.

@EmberDahl Rocks!

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    Blimey, lots of replies, I really can overlook the stranger element to the tasks as 99% of the things I've been asked to do make sense, but I think...am hoping, some of the one off tasks are because it is Sausages playing and his traits are festering into the check-list, the game knows he is evil and is throwing up some tempters for be to break his current hard working ethic and go off on a rampage. I have already had the message saying that you can turn evil and use your powers for bad which was a nice touch.
    The staff are really acting well on the whole, doing their jobs and not standing around yabbering like in the shop. They don't seem to care too much when I use the Simray - they react well when the gun is pointed at them personally, but their co-workers carry on as if nothing has happened - which seems like a missed opportunity.

Regarding that story competition thing - I don't think it would be right to stick this nonsense in with the serious story makers work. I haven't had a chance to look at what people have been submitting, but it would be a bit rude of me to force stories where the main character throws a load of well-wishers into a tank of his own filth, blocks them in with a CC car then sets fire to it. Not pleasant for the casual reader ;)

It might be funny after I have done this scientist thing (so many screen-grabs, no idea how I'm going to chop it down at this stage) to do a Sausages hosted awards thing but for things relating to his world - most gullible Sim, best lack of reaction in a Sim - that sort of thing.

What's next- ah yes ageing. Way back when I started playing Sims 4 I left the ageing on because I was unaware of the option, and was absolutely devastated at the end of my first run watching all the characters I had got so attached to get old and die one by one. My lasting memory was of the first incarnation of the Sim I use now, trying her best to perform stand up to a load of people in the bar, and Grim was sitting in the audience with his atmosphere of death. Heartbreaking.
    So from then on I turned off the ageing and kept everyone fixed. I think Sausages is adult, maybe a year off a full mid-life crisis.

And yes he has died and come back- 3 times really so I could get the glowing resurrection effect on the grabs - one head and two bodies - it will probably happen again.

I'm intrigued, has anyone added one of their co-workers to their family after they have been spawned in to see what happens and if they still appear on site? Might try that now.
  • Options
    AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    Best. thread. ever.
    Let them eat cake.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    edited April 2015
    And do we get a screenie of Mr Sausages performing his Angry Poop? Cos I'm not sure I would like that included :D
    (Do they actually look angry at the time? I had to ask...)

Lol, I can't believe that was a requirement! That just says it all really. In fact, I still can't believe someone thought it would be a good idea to put that in the game at all.