Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Hi Cath :) Sweets For the Sweet and Let them Eat Cake are two amazing and very creative builds, as always with your builds the interiors are gorgeous. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Wow! Congratulations on your two builds in Maxis Tab! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited March 2015
    Rose is having a really cool challenge called One theme, One room, One week here:

forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/815547/one-room-one-week-one-theme/p1

Last week's challenge was for, A Colourful Little Girl's Bedroom. I was away on vacation without my gaming computer :( so I wasn't able to participate, but I liked the idea so much, that I made a room as soon as I got home. I had a Fabulous time away but I Really missed building in the sims. :p

Anyway, here is the room I made:

Dreams Of Sweet Sunshine

03-05-15_5-24nbspPM_zpstvssfkvj.png
    03-05-15_3-05nbspPM-3_zpsamdyhalc.png
    03-05-15_5-24nbspPM-2_zpsyg2mcag7.png
    03-05-15_5-25nbspPM-3_zpsqrqex7mb.png
    03-05-15_5-25nbspPM_zpsqi1jvcpe.png
    03-05-15_12-17nbspPM_zpsy3b0ohhc.png
    03-05-15_12-18nbspPM_zpszdggrpmq.png
    03-05-15_12-19nbspPM-3_zpsf9cneffd.png

Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • Options
    Hi Jenny! I am looking forward to building your request. :) If you have any questions, you can contact me here. Thank you! :)
  • Options
    Sorry for the late reply guys. I was on vacation for a couple of weeks. ;)

@kezflake, thank you for your nice comment! :)

@rosemow, thank you so much for coming by twice Rose, with congrats wishes for me! You are such a kind and considerate friend! :)<3<3

@Manssom and @yanti68, thank you very kindly for the congrats wishes, you two! I really appreciate you both stopping by. :)<3

@kameliaxxx, thank you for the lovely comment! It's wonderful to see you here on the forums! :)

@agusiamal, thank you so much for stopping in Aggie and for the congrats! I see you have a shiny new thread here! I'm very happy to see you here my friend! I will be visiting shortly. I have So much catching up to do here after being on vacation for a couple of weeks. Thanks again, Aggie! :)<3

@follyfoot, thank you Folly! They were really just silly little builds for the holiday but they were kinda fun! :D I hope you're doing well. I saw that you have a few new Gorgeous builds in the gallery. :) I will be popping by for a visit in just a bit. I have so much catching up to do! Hugs, <3<3

@RyeCris16, why thank you Rye!! Congrats right back to you for your sweet children's room being favorited! I adored those Valentine rooms you did! I'll see you on your thread in just a bit. :)
  • Options
    jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Thank you so much for claiming my request Cath! :D
  • Options
    superbibi11superbibi11 Posts: 486 Member
    Wow Cath, this room is amazing! So colorful! I love how you settled the beds and the bears on the chairs!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Dreams of Sunshine is such a very nice and colourful little girls bedroom! :) It would be such a delight for the little girl to come home from hospital and see her colourful bedroom! The yellow colour of the walls looks so sunny and happy! The blue colour for the skies where the pink tree print is on the wall is very nice, and it looks so great how you have placed the sun and moon in the skies! It looks very nice how you have done the rainbow made up of lights! It looks pretty how you have used pink coloured trees. Very nice bed area! It looks great how you have created the bunk bed, and placed the other bed under it and facing the other way. The animal pictures look fun on the bed area wall, and the pink lights look pretty either sides of them. It looks very nice how you have created the study desk nook under the bed! She will enjoy sitting at the table there having a read, and the panda light is nice for her to see. The pink and blue teddy bears on the bedhead table and on top of the top bed look so cute there! The teddies will watch over her and keep her company whilst asleep. Nice booknook corner in the room. It looks great how you have created a section of shelving where items can be placed on the shelf ledges. The teddy tea party is so very, very cute! It looks so cute how the colourful teddies are enjoying sitting on the seats around the table enjoying a nice cup of tea from the tea set on the table! It looks great how you have used different colours of chairs! The big pink and blue teddies and the unicorn are happily watching on! The little girl will be smiling as she sits on the pink or yellow armchair enjoying watching the tv on the cute penguin tv and have these cute toys keeping her company. The grassy floor texture in the room suits the type of room. It looks very nice how you have done the flower floor rug! It looks sunny! The teddies, rabbit, panda and ladybug look very cute sitting on the blue sofa in the bay window alcove! It looks nice how you have divided off the bed area from the play area. The little girl will have fun playing with the doll house, or enjoy doing artwork on the art table. The pink floral curtains that you have used in the room looks very pretty! It looks very nice how you have placed the curtains in the room.
    The furnishing of the room is so very happy, colourful, sunshiney and so very nice! It is a very special room for the little girl to recover in! :)
  • Options
    MattoowyMattoowy Posts: 106 Member
    Hi, your creations are amazing! I have no words to describe everything. Dreams Of Sweet Sunshine is a very nice and colorful room, beautiful are your works! <3 Congrats!!! ;)
    EA ID: Mattoowy
  • Options
    Your most welcome @jenny0786! I Love the inspiration picture. Totally one of my favorite style homes. :)

Thank you for the lovely comment, @superbibi11! It was a really fun little build. :)

@rosemow, thank you sweet Rose! :) I only wish I were home in time to get it done for the challenge. No matter, I really enjoyed making this special room. :)<3

@CrazySimMatt, thank you so much for your Awesome comments!! I Love your work also. You are Very Creative! Thank you for stopping in for a look. :)
  • Options
    Yvonne2772Yvonne2772 Posts: 174 Member
    Hello Cath :)
    All your houses are beautiful. Your creations are amazing.
    Of Sweet Sunshine is nice and colorful. I like very much :)
    Congratulations ♥♥♥
    j456ume9wx4u.jpg[img][/img]
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Me Want!! So bright and cheery, Ms Cath!!! I see you brought some sunshine back with ya!! hehe I have been wondering. Do Sims still use the beds when you put them up high?
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    @Yvonne2772, thank you so very much for your wonderful comments! I so happy to see that you have a thread here on the forums!! :)<3

@Cassee, heeheehee! :D Thank you Cass! No, sadly they won't use the upper bunk. I just think they look cool. That's why I usually try to include three beds when I can, so at least the two lower ones are usable. If you decide to try one, make sure it's high enough for the picky little sim's liking. When I first tried one, it was apparently to low and the sim wouldn't even use the lower bed. I had to raise the upper one up a little at a time, till it was to the sim's liking, lol. I'm telling you, the things we put up with.... :smirk:
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Ha!! I had a Sim that refused to use the stove until I moved the utensil holder 1mm to the left....I was like...Really?? What a drama queen. What's even funnier is that I never actually play the game. I was just checking routing issues and she decided to give me lip!! :-) Talk about At-ti-tude!!
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    Already loved and faved your adorable and cheerful Dreams Of Sweet Sunshine! :smiley:
    I like your use of colors. I even like your wall murals with a use of pool lights to form a rainbow. You have so many clever MOO uses too! I especially like your star-shaped columns and customized bunk beds. Too bad that the upper one doesn't function, but I hope they're releasing a functional bunk bed like in TS3. Are you with me, lol! :#
    @RyeCris16, why thank you Rye!! Congrats right back to you for your sweet children's room being favorited! I adored those Valentine rooms you did! I'll see you on your thread in just a bit. :)
    You are most welcome and thank you for the congrats! Very lovely of you. :heart_eyes:
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    That little girl's room is soooo adorable! It's really got a sunny and cheerful vibe to it! great job!
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Wow what a superb room! So bright and happy looking and every child's dream, fantastic :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    jenny0786jenny0786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Cath I am so looking forward to this build. I have found it difficult to build in TS4. But I am still trying. lol. I hope you are having a great weekend!
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @WrathofCath - That Dream of Sweet Sunshine room is perfect. The colors, the setting, the design. I'm a guy and I'd still love to have a room like that for my daughter. Did you MOO those Teddy Bears onto the seats?
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    @RyeCris16, thank you for all your very lovely comments, Rye! Even thought that top bunk doesn't work, I like using it for some interest. It's getting kind of boring using the same items over and over. I'm really looking forward to some new stuff with the new EP. ;)

@Brennachan, thank you so much, Brenna! It was for Rose's Weekly Room Challenge. I'm really having fun participating in that. :)

@masajo, aww thank you Masajo! I had so much fun tucking those teddy bears everywhere, lol! :p

@jenny0786, thank you for the weekend wishes Jenny! I'm responding to this just as we're nearly ready for another weekend, lol. :p I have the shell for your home pretty much done. That was the easy part. Next I'll be working on the landscaping. It always takes me a little bit, till I figure out how I want everything laid out. I hope you're having a nice week! :)

@Ash072, thank you for the very kind comment, Ash! I did use MOO for the teddy bears. I used the # 9 to raise them up enough to sit where I wanted them. The ones sitting on the chairs at the table were a little bit of a nuisance, but I wanted it to look like a little teddy bear tea party. I am so glad maxis gave us the MOO cheat. It's saving me from complete boredom, having to use the same things all the time. Plus it makes for some great landscaping. :p
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Phoenix Ridge 2br, 1ba.
    Lot Size: 30x20
    Cost: $158,674
    No CC

Gallery Link

I had this home nearly finished before we went away for a couple of weeks on vacation. When we got back, I just had a few little things to finish and then take pictures. It's a smallish home with only two bedrooms and one bath, but it's all on one floor and is open concept.

02-16-15_7-52nbspPM_zps2xspmwaf.png
    03-07-15_10-29nbspPM_zpsk3eqw0dt.png
    Back yard:
    03-06-15_9-35nbspPM_zpsner1cbku.png
    With a close up of the pool and water feature, thanks again @BryonyRae for the cool idea! Love this Bry. :)
    03-06-15_9-40nbspPM-2_zpsxshkhwkd.png
    03-07-15_10-21nbspPM_zpshueuw61c.png
    03-07-15_10-22nbspPM_zpsrve2sumn.png
    03-08-15_5-24nbspPM-3_zpsx2ik7ttp.png
    03-08-15_5-19nbspPM_zps0huowbou.png
    03-08-15_5-18nbspPM_zpsiaycvlpm.png
    03-07-15_10-25nbspPM_zpsdxscsrm1.png
    03-09-15_10-49nbspAM-2_zpsrgnapbhr.png
    03-07-15_10-26nbspPM_zpsi2cmjrxf.png
    03-08-15_11-09nbspAM_zpslnzzni0e.png

And there you have it! Thank you for stopping by for a look! :relaxed:

Nite y-Nite!

03-06-15_9-24nbspPM_zpsfsxb4an4.png
  • Options
    VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    I love that this house looks like it has multiple stories from the outside. but it's all on 1 lvl! I find single story homes so much easier 2 navigate & watch what the Simmies r up 2. The plants in the windows down by the fireplace look really nice there...very picturesque. It's nice how u tied the living area in w/your kitchen w/the orange hues. I've never used brick in any of my kitchens..but I gotta say...it looks really nice like that! I love the placement of the windows in both rooms. The set up 4 the desk area in the "boys room" looks soooo good. As always....awesome build!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Love love love!!!! I so appreciate your eye for design. Your house as a whole is amazing. Exterior, interior, landscape Everything is amazing! Love, have, fav, follow, nominate, did I leave something out LOL. ;)<3
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    @RyeCris16, thank you for all your very lovely comments, Rye! Even thought that top bunk doesn't work, I like using it for some interest. It's getting kind of boring using the same items over and over. I'm really looking forward to some new stuff with the new EP. ;)
    You're welcome and yeah! Base game items makes me feel bored and sometimes repetitive especially when it comes to decorations, ugh! :confounded: But since I finally joined the Outdoor Retreat family, it may be a less worry for me. ;)

Anyway, your Phoenix Ridge is very awesome Mid-Century modern house! :smiley:
    Your architectural details are very amazing! Great work with the roofing, I believe that you worked hard for it don't you, hehe! Anyway, your landscaping is adorable too! I like your garden area and your pool area. It is great that you made another waterfall from BryonyRae. And your interior, sleek! I love your color choices.
    I love it! I'm not sure if I already faved it, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves. :smiley: