Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One maxis location is shut down, not all NOW WITH POLL

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Why do we need a poll about one office being shut down? guess what, I threw an old shirt in the trash the other day, that doesn't mean I don't have any shirts to wear.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    I never understood the poll thing either. It is what it is. They closed down Emeryville.
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    To clarify what has happened. Yesterday, the doors closed on the Emeryville Studio. It is a sad day when any studio closes and we wish everyone affected by the closure all the best for the future. The Sims is not impacted by this. In fact, The Sims was never made at Emeryville. It was made at Walnut Creek. Then, the studio split and The Sims team came to Redwood City during The Sims 2. We continue to develop The Sims 4.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    To clarify what has happened. Yesterday, the doors closed on the Emeryville Studio. It is a sad day when any studio closes and we wish everyone affected by the closure all the best for the future. The Sims is not impacted by this. In fact, The Sims was never made at Emeryville. It was made at Walnut Creek. Then, the studio split and The Sims team came to Redwood City during The Sims 2. We continue to develop The Sims 4.

Thank you for taking the time to say this, and sorry you continue to have the need to keep saying it. I guess putting out fires is better than letter the rumor mill run rampant in this case. So much overreaction and confusion to this and you're doing a great job at nipping that in the bud.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Why do we need a poll about one office being shut down? guess what, I threw an old shirt in the trash the other day, that doesn't mean I don't have any shirts to wear.

I created the poll for opiuns on the seris
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member

Hi, Sorry you all are going through this, whether or not it's your office or just part of the label. It's still real hard for any of us who have been with the sims for so many years. I started with the original Simcity game, back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth (wink). It's just real scary to hear about this change. It's hard too b/c there is so much controversy in the Simming Community about this new game of ours. I fear that this will also be on the chopping block too. But I'm one of those who is a worrywart, so it's probably just me.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2015
    Today we are consolidating Maxis IP development to our studios in Redwood Shores, Salt Lake City, Helsinki and Melbourne locations as we close our Emeryville location,

Salt Lake City ? I thought Maxis employees were laid off or moved to Redwood Shores one year ago.
    Maybe it was only The Sims Studio part.