Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Outdoor Retreat builds here!

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,411 Member
    I doubt there will be a bear rug because there are no romantic interactions while laying down unfortunately.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @Rosemow Hello Rosemow. Now that we know that in fact outdoor retreat is coming out next week I'm being tested in patience cause I'm too excited about going camping. I figure with this game pack we can finally have some outdoor activities that we all deserve to have. But before I cabin I might go out and camp in a tent first and see how that works out....

I'm thinking tent camping will be cheaper for Sims than renting a cabin/lodge. Wonder if there'll be big cabins for large groups/families?

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I doubt there will be a bear rug because there are no romantic interactions while laying down unfortunately.

That we know of...I'm hoping there are a few surprises. B)
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    Rosemow,

I wonder how many lots, Granite Falls will have? We know that its going to have to regular neighborhoods along with one secret one. We also don't know how big each of the lots will be yet. I wonder how much we'll actually be able to build for it. It sounds like it won't be very big, even for a Sims 4 world.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    You know we're getting log chairs.

That will be cool. Perfect for our log cabins!
  • Options
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    Rosemow,

I wonder how many lots, Granite Falls will have? We know that its going to have to regular neighborhoods along with one secret one. We also don't know how big each of the lots will be yet. I wonder how much we'll actually be able to build for it. It sounds like it won't be very big, even for a Sims 4 world.

You don't need really big lots for the cabins though -- 20x15 would hold a decent 2 person cabin, or even 3 or 4 person. You're not going to need a big yard since you only visit there, not move in, so you're not going to put in a garden or a swimming pool. All you need is a bedroom or two, a bathroom (maybe use one of the combination bath/showers), a small kitchen, dining table, and living room area. Maybe add a few amenities like a porch for sitting outside, and a fireplace...maybe a TV though usually the idea of camping is to get away from technology.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Rosemow,

You don't need really big lots for the cabins though -- 20x15 would hold a decent 2 person cabin, or even 3 or 4 person. You're not going to need a big yard since you only visit there, not move in, so you're not going to put in a garden or a swimming pool. All you need is a bedroom or two, a bathroom (maybe use one of the combination bath/showers), a small kitchen, dining table, and living room area. Maybe add a few amenities like a porch for sitting outside, and a fireplace...maybe a TV though usually the idea of camping is to get away from technology.

i need a cabin big enough for 8. my sims are really good at reprducing.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Rosemow,

Yep. I am thinking I will keep my cabins nice and cosy. No tech. There may be one bigger "lodge" type cabin for when I want to send more sims than just a couple or small family.

Which reminds me, we could really use bunkbeds back for the kids!
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Rosemow,

Yep. I am thinking I will keep my cabins nice and cosy. No tech. There may be one bigger "lodge" type cabin for when I want to send more sims than just a couple or small family.

that would be nice. i wonder if we will get sleeping bags since its a camp pack.
  • Options
    Rosemow,

that would be nice. i wonder if we will get sleeping bags since its a camp pack.

I'm sure we get sleeping bags, but for cabins, the bunkbeds would be ideal.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Rosemow,

i agreed with you about bunkbeds . theres just no button to say hat anymore.
  • Options
    Rosemow,

i agreed with you about bunkbeds . theres just no button to say hat anymore.

lol. I know.

• Options
    Rosemow,

Definitely want bunkbeds! Especially if Sims keep popping out twins. :o

Just put together a family cabin for 4 (2 adults, 2 kids); no tech, but I did put in a chess table, plus I gave the kids a toy box and dollhouse so they have something to play with in the evenings. Bookcase as well for some evening reading. No TV, radio or computer -- geeks are going to hate the place. Thinking about adding an easel though for some wilderness painting. I couldn't get online to upload it, besides I'm waiting for the pack to actually be released before I finish the decorating; hoping for some good wilderness-themed decor. Jackalope head for over the fireplace? B)

• Options
    Rosemow,

Just put together a family cabin for 4 (2 adults, 2 kids); no tech, but I did put in a chess table, plus I gave the kids a toy box and dollhouse so they have something to play with in the evenings. Bookcase as well for some evening reading. No TV, radio or computer -- geeks are going to hate the place. Thinking about adding an easel though for some wilderness painting. I couldn't get online to upload it, besides I'm waiting for the pack to actually be released before I finish the decorating; hoping for some good wilderness-themed decor. Jackalope head for over the fireplace? B)

I'm waiting for the pack before I start building. I have some rustic stuff as cc, but if the gp provides something similar, I can remove it. Since I lost everything after the Dec patch, I am a little hesitant about going too far, and then losing it. I'll wait.

But yes. I don't want tech in my retreat. And I am glad there is horseshoes now which will become a family friendly play time. The game needs that.

An easel might be okay, but I will wait and see what they have. The kids definitely need something to do while the family is there. Interactions should reflect that. (family atmosphere) if that is what one chooses to play.
  • Options
    Rosemow,

I'm waiting for the pack before I start building. I have some rustic stuff as cc, but if the gp provides something similar, I can remove it. Since I lost everything after the Dec patch, I am a little hesitant about going too far, and then losing it. I'll wait.

But yes. I don't want tech in my retreat. And I am glad there is horseshoes now which will become a family friendly play time. The game needs that.

An easel might be okay, but I will wait and see what they have. The kids definitely need something to do while the family is there. Interactions should reflect that. (family atmosphere) if that is what one chooses to play.

you could always use the game table. thats not techy.
  • Options
    Rosemow,

you could always use the game table. thats not techy.

That's true! It's social, and logic, and fun all in one. Might be perfect for that.
  • Options
    Game table is a great idea -- my family used to rent a cabin in the Santa Cruz Mountains (short drive from our house but felt miles away from everywhere), and some of the cabins had lots of board games the owners left there for guests to use. We'd play games like Chutes and Ladders, or Life, or even good old Monopoly. No TV (I'd bring my transistor radio to listen to music under my pillow at night), and that was well before the era of personal computers or smartphones.
  • Options
    Game table is a great idea -- my family used to rent a cabin in the Santa Cruz Mountains (short drive from our house but felt miles away from everywhere), and some of the cabins had lots of board games the owners left there for guests to use. We'd play games like Chutes and Ladders, or Life, or even good old Monopoly. No TV (I'd bring my transistor radio to listen to music under my pillow at night), and that was well before the era of personal computers or smartphones.

i have good ideas once in a while.
  • Options
    Thebookthief24Thebookthief24 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I love the game table. I wish our Sims had cigars to smoke , so I could have a bunch of Sims playing cards and smoking , but I doubt EA would add something that society deeply frowns upon.
    "Clearly , I have made some bad decisions."
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Hello Simmers I just wanted to share a lot I made for Outdoor Retreat hope you all enjoy, and I can't wait to see everyone's builds. Happy Simming :)

ALPINE PEACE LODGE (30X20 LOT SIZE) NO CC NO MODS, MOO IS USED
    http://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/D1D9B5479B7011E486CB8EAE6444CDC3

01-13-15_3-50nbspPM_zps46ba0ae0.png

01-13-15_3-50nbspPM-2_zpsbe169ede.png

01-13-15_3-51nbspPM_zps38076d4c.png

01-13-15_3-54nbspPM-2_zpsaa241d65.png

01-13-15_3-53nbspPM_zpsdbb0cfe0.png

01-13-15_3-54nbspPM_zps6a4e446c.png

01-13-15_3-55nbspPM_zps57ed9923.png

01-13-15_3-55nbspPM-3_zpsb41eb9cb.png

01-13-15_3-55nbspPM-2_zpsffa39a65.png
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Omigosh, all that build/buy stuff is awesome! I really have to never set a Wednesday deadline in a contract ever again. I just want to play with that!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    Dragon, that is an awesome build!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,411 Member
    Hello Simmers I just wanted to share a lot I made for Outdoor Retreat hope you all enjoy, and I can't wait to see everyone's builds. Happy Simming :)

ALPINE PEACE LODGE (30X20 LOT SIZE) NO CC NO MODS, MOO IS USED
    http://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/D1D9B5479B7011E486CB8EAE6444CDC3

01-13-15_3-50nbspPM_zps46ba0ae0.png

01-13-15_3-50nbspPM-2_zpsbe169ede.png

01-13-15_3-51nbspPM_zps38076d4c.png

01-13-15_3-54nbspPM-2_zpsaa241d65.png

01-13-15_3-53nbspPM_zpsdbb0cfe0.png

01-13-15_3-54nbspPM_zps6a4e446c.png

01-13-15_3-55nbspPM_zps57ed9923.png

01-13-15_3-55nbspPM-3_zpsb41eb9cb.png

01-13-15_3-55nbspPM-2_zpsffa39a65.png

Cool it looks great. I'm glad your using the new items.