Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Huge thread with info and pictures of Outdoor Retreat

Comments

• Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Looks like fun! :mrgreen:

It also looks like they're breaking up a Vacation Expansion (40) for several Game Packs (20 ea). How many could they get from Bon Voyage & some of WA/IP- Could cost over 100 for one complete expansion.
    Oh, well~ it's Good Business for EA. :+1:

I really, really hope they DONT do this for the OFB content (again).
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Looks like fun! :mrgreen:

It also looks like they're breaking up a Vacation Expansion (40) for several Game Packs (20 ea). How many could they get from Bon Voyage & some of WA/IP- Could cost over 100 for one complete expansion.
    Oh, well~ it's Good Business for EA. :+1:

That was a point I was trying to make in another thread. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it this way.

A survey also revealed they intend on splitting Pets up into dogs, cats, etc. Just wait until seasons comes around and they charge us for each one.

tumblr_la09l4DMg11qcufbb.gif

(I like to think Patrick represents the EA customer unaware of this.)

Weren't we joking about that a few months ago?!
    Note to self, stop making jokes on EA forums, they use them

• Options
    FireFlower29FireFlower29 Posts: 168 Member
    Maybe I'm biased, but splitting up pets into animal types might not be such a bad thing. There are many who love dogs but hate cats, love cats but hate dogs, love lizards but hate dogs and cats....you get my drift.

Maybe EA is actually trying a more targeted marketing approach. In the end, they might make more profit because the targeted players will actually buy what they want, as opposed to saying "yeah, one part is good but I hate the rest so PASS", and EA makes no sale.

As to splitting up Seasons? Golly I hope Not! That would be weird! If they have the option to turn seasons on/off like before then no biggie :)
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    I, too, remember joking about Seasons being split up into segments. Oh dear....

If EA is doing us a favour with targeted marketing, each segment should cost a small portion of an expansion....not half.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »

They do! New outfits, gameplay, objects and a lot/neighborhood/whatever makes this worth $20 IMO.
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Ok so a vacation world. Sounds great except for the part where your sims become tense if they don't vacation for a while XD

It seems like it would be like how they got the looney motive if they hadn't ventured off their lot in sims 3 for a while.

That's what I figure except now you can't just step out of your yard for a bit to cure it XD

• Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Also - we should have free Integration Packs for owners of certain complementary packs, so we don't run into the same problem we had in TS3 where none of the packs really worked together.

Well, the latest patch seems to include quite a bit of the data for the camping pack. So it's not impossible that the expansions will consider it to be part of the base game, and it'll already be integrated.

On-disc DLC is cancerous and evil, but it might actually work for the Sims to alleviate a lot of those incompatibility issues.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    FireFlower29FireFlower29 Posts: 168 Member
    edited December 2014
    I agree that lower pricing would be admirable, but truthfully I don't see it happening.

The $20 for Outdoor Retreat in my thinking seems fair. It's adding a world, new gameplay, and items that are actually usable! And it is theme specific. This is exactly the same gist as Dragon Valley. It was a world, added gameplay, as well as items that didn't fit well anywhere else in the game. Too bad it cost $50! I'd prefer to pay the $20.

With the animals, I'm guessing gameplay and items would be involved, so to me, $20 isn't bad as opposed to paying $40 for the expansion and only using half or less of it. :s
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Ok so a vacation world. Sounds great except for the part where your sims become tense if they don't vacation for a while XD

It seems like it would be like how they got the looney motive if they hadn't ventured off their lot in sims 3 for a while.

That's what I figure except now you can't just step out of your yard for a bit to cure it XD

I think the 'become tense if they don't vacation for a while' is referring to paid time off, which was added in the patch, not an actual vacation. Ones of my sims was tense because work stressed her out and she wanted to take a vacation day, which was just taking a day off work.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    If you combine the two images, it looks like this:

xjDhCbp.jpg
    My bet is that the dark green area is all one park-sized lot, and the lines we're seeing are roads. Also, I'll bet all the rest of the screen is background that we can't actually explore with our Sims. The dark green area is the only playable area.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Frankly I am more interested if the sims will finally be able to talk while fishing? To me this is a large oversight in playing the game too. I've never thought that smarter, multitasking sims can't talk while fishing. ???
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    virtualhuman907virtualhuman907 Posts: 62 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    Frankly I am more interested if the sims will finally be able to talk while fishing? To me this is a large oversight in playing the game too. I've never thought that smarter, multitasking sims can't talk while fishing. ???

omgz this! Reminds me of fishing trips with my father! "Stop talking, you'll scare all the fish away"
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member

omgz this! Reminds me of fishing trips with my father! "Stop talking, you'll scare all the fish away"

Same here! So I started whispering, sometimes in my mom and dad's ears. Then I thought about it, my mom and dad never stayed quiet. He would pull out worms to my mom, knowing it would frighten her and she start screaming. LOL! Didn't that scare away the fish?

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    I hope they incorporate the time off work thing in to the these vacations, otherwise it seems a bit odd like in previous games, where you had to pretty much beg, barter and steal for a day off to stay at home without getting into trouble at work, but free to swan off half way round the world for a week.

Plus hopefully, with them releasing hopefully several separate vacation worlds means that we won't just get the one group of the highly specific vacation areas that we had in previous games (even in BV, while you could create your own vacation hoods, you were still limited by the locals, tours and activities of a Pacific island, East Asia and a Canadian lumberyard - I know those crazy canuks love their plaid/flannel like the 90s never died or something, but not everyone is a lumberjack there).
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Granitefrey fall... No more!
    I might fill that world with time lords (spoiler: Bella goth)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    virtualhuman907virtualhuman907 Posts: 62 Member

Same here! So I started whispering, sometimes in my mom and dad's ears. Then I thought about it, my mom and dad never stayed quiet. He would pull out worms to my mom, knowing it would frighten her and she start screaming. LOL! Didn't that scare away the fish?

I think we need that interaction too! siblings could chase each other around with worms!
  • Options
    Simmons1234Simmons1234 Posts: 186 Member
    Interesting. Camping/hiking seem cool. Also agreed w/ the poster that said canoeing would be a good addition to this sort of pack (fits the whole outdoors-y theme going on).
  • Options
    qrlcodeqrlcode Posts: 532 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    If you combine the two images, it looks like this:

xjDhCbp.jpg
    My bet is that the dark green area is all one park-sized lot, and the lines we're seeing are roads. Also, I'll bet all the rest of the screen is background that we can't actually explore with our Sims. The dark green area is the only playable area.
    Hm...is it possible this is actually an expansion of Willow Creek instead of a third world?
  • Options
    Luna_Sims92Luna_Sims92 Posts: 24 Member
    I need this pack
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    junceda wrote: »
    Hi! This pack seems really appealling to me, though the new world is tiny, we have to get used to the size of the worlds in this game, they will never be as they are in TS3, but I like very much the vacation idea and campings, I can see sims siting on the ground... and if we get the chance to create hotels OMG this will be a favourite for me!

I am excited about the camping vacation too. Yes the world is small but it will be like being connected to the other two. so all in all we will now have three worlds with their own neighborhoods so to say. It is not open so they are just connected. Where we only open one world at a time and if we move to another world, then just one world is still opened. Just think how many different worlds can be connected. I love it. Let you mind go and just imagine other worlds connected that your sim will be able to go to in the future. I can't wait for the camping world.

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    It's either one lot or three lots. Hmmm... I'm happy about the new gameplay. It suits my play style. I think the price is reasonable considering with Sims 3 they wanted us to pay $20 or more just for a single venue with no additional gameplay.

I think it is three neighborhoods in the camping vacation, not lots. It does not show lots yet. I am so happy with this new gameplay too. It suits my game paly style also. I love all of it so far and we have not even seen much of it. Yes, we paid $20 dollars for the farm and for the mansion. I did not buy the mansion as I do not play in large house. can't wait for this.

• Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    I'm not very excited about a camping game pack or "game packs" in general (I would rather have a proper EP), but if they add Sasquatch or aliens (or both :D ), then I would get it. (hello @EA)
  • Options
    Winifred_WWinifred_W Posts: 136 Member
    I love camping, backpacking and hiking IRL so this pack sounds right up my alley. I am looking forward to it! Excited really :smiley:
  • Options
    The_SimScraperThe_SimScraper Posts: 2,083 Member
    UPDATE: Granite falls has more maps and is bigger than first expected :)
    B5GMhN3CAAA4l9L.png