Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    @wrathofcath - You did excellent putting that house into the game! Creepy and spooky and the interiors are all well done. My favorite bits are the splashes of purple with the furniture and the kitchen is BANGIN'!
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,597 Member
    Dark Manor is a very nice home! :) The exterior of it is very nice! It looks very nice how you have done the roofing! The towers look great! The colour and texture that you have used for the exterior look great. It is a great home for Halloween! It looks very nice how you have done the windows in the build. It looks great the types of and how you have placed the plants and trees in the outdoors build. The front steps entrance to the home and the wraparound porch looks very nice! It looks so very nice how you have done the water fountain feature with the knight in the middle of it and the plants and rocks around the edges of it! The star shape and fencing of it looks great! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The foyer area is very nice! The mirrors on the walls and the flowers on the tables either side of the front door are nice for sims to see when entering the home. Nice pattern that you have used for the walls there. Very nice study room! The brown wall paneling combined with the orange and green curtains and seating looks very nice. It looks nice how you have placed the armchairs in front of the fireplace for sims to enjoy sitting resting in front of the fire having a read of a book. Great window desk table nook for sims to enjoy using the computer and also looking out through the windows at the views outdoors. It looks very nice how you have placed the cabinets either side of the fireplace and have placed the maps pictures in the alcove you have created there. The pictures suit well the type of room. Very nice dining room! The kinight standing there in the room looks great! It looks nice the type of curtains that you have used there and the floor rug under the table adds a nice look to the room. Very nice design and furnishing of the kitchen! It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets there! It looks great how you have placed them around the windows, how you have done the kitchen wall corner , and how you have created a great look with how you positioned the types of them on the wall above coffee machine. They all great looks in the kitchen! Great use of and placement of the different types of cabinets! It looks nice the types of lights you have used in the kitchen. Very nice window alcove breakfast nook! The curtains there look very nice! Sims will enjoy eating their meals there with the sunshine coming in through the windows. The clock is a nice touch on the wall. Very nice living room! It looks nice how you have placed the statues either side of the tv. It is a very nice place for sims to enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofas there in front of the fire having a chat and a read of a book. It looks nice how you have the vases and flowers on the fireplace ledge for sims to see whilst they are looking up at the tv. Very nice upstairs reading and study nook area in the hallway! It looks nice how you have placed the comfortable armchairs there with a table inbetween and a lamp on it. It is a nice place to do reading or use a computer in the evenings, with the lamp on the study desk also giving light. The floral picture on the wall is nice for sims to see when sitting there. Very nice master ensuite! The purple colour of the bed and curtains looks very nice, and it looks nice how you have placed the curtains on the bedhead and a picture in the curtains alcove area . Very nice fireplace armchairs sitting area! It looks great how you have placed the Knights there and the shields either side of the fireplace on the wall. The floral picture on the wall adds to the nice atmosphere of the room. Very nice bathroom! Great design of it! The vanity table looks very nice! The girls bedroom is very nice! Nice colour and pattern that you have used for the walls. It looks pretty how you have placed the drapes and butterflies picture on the bedhead wall for the girls to see whilst laying in bed. The flowers are pretty on the dresser. Great windiw alcove playroom nook! Child sims will have fun playing with the dollhouse and toybox and talking to the very cute teddy! The pictures and posters on the wall look great how you have placed them in the boys room. Great window alcove area for child sims to enjoy having fun using the science table and looking out through the windows. They will enjoy doing artwork on the art table. Very nice nursery! The blue and yellow colour scheme of the room looks very nice. The animal pictures on the wall look cute . Nice armchairs window sitting alcove for parent sims to enjoy sitting resting on the chair there.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    Love your Dark Manor!! You did an exceptional job on "winging" the back of the house since you did not have a picture! Will be looking for it in the gallery and leave you a fav'! <3
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Love Dark Manor, Cath! I think you did an excellent job with the complicated architecture, and I really like your interiors.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Very epic and awesome and spooky and all dear!! I love it!! <3<3
  • Options
    Christi83Christi83 Posts: 82 Member
    Beautiful houses you've made. I've followed, favorite'd and downloaded some of your builds. Your build style suit my playing style very well. Hope you keep up the great work! And thank you :D
    [
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Beautiful work Cath and perfect for Halloween :D
    Very nice job on the architecture and roof too! :o
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    LOL Ash! (about the "Bangin" kitchen) :D Thank you for the awesome comments! :)

Hello Rose! Thank you for your wonderful review and comments! Once again, I really hope you know how very much, we all appreciate the time you take for such a thorough look at all of our builds. You are the Best! :D<3<3<3

Hi Tiki! Thanks! I was going to just have the back kind of straight and boring, but decided I wanted to try to dress it up a little back there too. Thank you for your kind comment! :)

Hi Bry, thank you! I had a bit of trouble with that sloped roof on the right side... Once I put the dormer up there, the game refused to let me make any changes to the walls on either the inside or the out. I got a little worried that the bathroom I put up there might not be usable, but it worked just fine. I ended up having to take the roof off, and not put it back till I was sure I was happy with all the wall coverings. Weird, huh?

Hi Bree! Thank you so much my friend! :)<3<3<3

Hi Christi, it's very nice to meet you! Thank you so much for such wonderful comments! :D

Hi Manssom! Thank you! I love working with roofs, but sometimes they don't like working with me, lol! This one was fun though. Thanks for the nice comments. :)
  • Options
    AnotherSimNutAnotherSimNut Posts: 89 Member
    This is a good example why you should not judge a book by its cover. Even though the outside of Dark Manor looks spooky and dark, the interior is quite beautiful and charming. This house is great for Halloween or for a Goth family or anyone, like me, who loves Victorian homes, even if they do look spooky. Now to see if I can find it in the Gallery. Thank you for sharing your amazing creation.
  • Options
    suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Wonderful builds. Your detail is amazing and with no cast, wow. I especially like Wildflower Farm. I am now going to go look for you in the gallery. I love to build but can come nowhere near what you have created.
  • Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    Cath, I agree. Rosie always pays such close detail. As for you, wow. The roof is just amazing and the rooms have such character.
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    DippyDesignsDippyDesigns Posts: 1,809 Member
    Oh Cath, this is a spectacular Victorian build! The architecture is fabulous, that roof! The interior has your lovely touch and is so well thought out, I love that you put the nursery next to the master bedroom. The landscaping is perfect too! Superb!
    My Origin ID is DippyDesigns

DIPPY DOODLE on Facebook

644362_1491605541100631_1472781576571833276_n.jpg?oh=c0019c8ce2de98a0158c1aba60509bc8&oe=57C1A708

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Simply gorgeous victorian Cath! <3 Impressive architecture and I love that fountain! Will be adding to my favourites when I visit the gallery. (*) (*)
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Hi Cath

Your houses are so wonderful. If I have to choose which are the best, that will be "New Beginnings" and "Coastal Living". They are so ... I have no words for these lovely buildings :D

Keep up the good work :D
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    that manor looks perfect for the Goth family to move into.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Hi Bry, thank you! I had a bit of trouble with that sloped roof on the right side... Once I put the dormer up there, the game refused to let me make any changes to the walls on either the inside or the out. I got a little worried that the bathroom I put up there might not be usable, but it worked just fine. I ended up having to take the roof off, and not put it back till I was sure I was happy with all the wall coverings. Weird, huh?

Unfortunately, I guess it is all too common. I'd read quite a few comments about the "wall does not exist" error and was wondering how come I hadn't experienced it yet, when boom, it came on with a vengeance in one of my new builds. Definitely has to do with roofing and I think primarily with how many roofs are intersecting the structure, maybe on multiple levels. But yeah, to keep working with the walls, it seems like you have to take all of the roofs off and then put them back once you're done. Painstaking, I hope it gets fixed!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    New Beginnings is rather well furnished for being a starter! Great job! :)

Coastal Living is well designed and I love the landscaping you've done with it! The layout looks great and you've used the space well to include so many different rooms and they are each decorated quite nicely.

Wildflower Farm is a great unique build, the pond looks very nice with the rocks surrounding it and it looks great around the tree in the front as well. The garden in the back and the 'reserved pool space' is also a nice outdoor feature (going to be great now that we know there shall be pools!) and the interior is well done too! I like that you've got a fancy girl's room and a more reserved boys room in addition to a separate play room for them to go crazy in. :D

The Dark Manor is so dark... :p You've done a great job using the picture as inspiration and the unkempt yard is a nice touch. The exterior design of the building looks awesome and I think despite being limited with the roofing it came out very good. Again you've made great use of interior space and would be perfect for a family looking for something fancy to move in to. If they can just get past the scary appearance. :disagree:

All solid builds, you have a great talent for building! :)

• Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Dark Manor really is an awesome build with fantastic interior design. Love the architecture, it has a great spooky feel and the interiors are so warm looking :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Wonderful build Cath so beautifully decorated, the roof is amazing of this very detailed architecture, great work :) Your inspiration picture is gorgeous . :)<3
    Hugs Folly
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Awesome! The outside is fantastic and the inside is even more stunning. I especially love the rooms with the fireplaces, makes me wanna move in right now :D
  • Options
    Chris2fer03Chris2fer03 Posts: 650 Member
    Wow Cath, Dark Manor is a stunning home. Love the exterior, the roof line is great and the wall pattern compliments it perfectly. Great job on the interior, as always you've creatively used the cabinetry tool. :)<3
    Gallery ID: chris2fer03
    ~Showcase Thread~ ~Photobucket~
    ophze_zps7vbzpsi9.gif
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Your house, Dark Manor is awesome Cath. :D
    I love the use of dark architecture from the building you'd inspired, and also, your furnishings is very awesome. Nice fountain area by the way.
    Gonna love it. :D
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    @AnotherSimNut, thank you for your lovely comments! So very nice of you :D

@suzanna13, thank you so much! I really do miss CAS though... It's a little annoying that things just don't quite match, exactly, lol! :p

@Snowmoon, thank you for your very kind words! :)<3<3

@DippyDesigns, thank you! Such really wonderful compliments! :)<3<3

@Yanti, thank you! Lol about the fountain! It took me a few tries before I figured out just how to get that shape right. Thankfully if it's not in the right spot, which it wasn't, the whole thing can be picked up and moved! So cool. Thank you for the fave too, Yanti! Such a lovely friend! :)<3<3

@YJP19299, hello there! It's nice to meet you! Thank you for your very kind comment and the vote of confidence! Oh and thanks especially for stopping by for a look! :D

@FluorescentSoap, very nice to meet you! Thank you! :)

@BryonyRae, here's to hoping this and all the other little annoying bugs get fixed soon! Thanks for stopping in! :)<3<3

@TheGreenLion, for having a look at each of my builds And for having such wonderful things to say about them! I really appreciate it! :)

@masajo, thank you for your lovely comments! :)

@follyfoot, oh thank you for your very kind comments! It's always lovely to see you! Hugs, xx :)<3<3

@elanorbreton, awww, thank you! :)

@Chri2fer, thank you for your wonderful comments! :)

@RyeCris16, very nice to meet you! Thank you for both the lovely comment and for stopping by for a peek! :)

• Options
    edited December 2014
    "Greenbrier" 4br, 5ba.
    Lot Size: 40x30
    Cost: $424,988

Link on Gallery:
    thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3B1163CC653311E48D55D3ACC0A7FA4C

This would be a great home for a large family. It has two master bedrooms, a little girls room and a boys bedroom. Each of the bedrooms is en suite, plus one more bath on the main level. This home has a cute playroom just off the kitchen, a small home gym, formal dining room, study, family room and music room on the first level. Upstairs there is lots of room for reading or just relaxing in the upper hall and landing. Best of all, it has a Pool! Nothing fancy, cause the backyard is kind of small. The house took up most of the room, lol! :p

11-04-14_12-08nbspPM-2_zps49e7c41f.png

Backyard with Pool!
    11-04-14_1-11nbspPM-2_zps072f2163.png

11-04-14_1-10nbspPM_zps2c4cd52e.png

Birds eye view:
    11-05-14_8-59nbspAM_zpsb814427f.png
    11-05-14_9-00nbspAM_zps5fea2170.png
    11-05-14_9-00nbspAM-2_zps0711b307.png

Coming in the front entrance, the dining room is on the left:
    11-03-14_10-06nbspPM_zpsbb5e0dd0.png
    11-03-14_10-21nbspPM-2_zps7cc5c43b.png

On through to the eat-in kitchen:
    11-03-14_10-17nbspPM_zps49ba1878.png
    11-04-14_11-16nbspAM-2_zps258a46ef.png

A small playroom just off the kitchen. Great for mom to keep an eye on the young ones:
    11-03-14_10-19nbspPM-2_zpse3159ea0.png

And just past the playroom is a small home gym:
    11-03-14_10-20nbspPM_zpsc21279c7.png
    11-03-14_10-20nbspPM-2_zps88e100fc.png

To the right of the front entrance is the study:
    11-03-14_10-23nbspPM-2_zps1f5756fd.png
    11-04-14_11-14nbspAM_zpsb03db988.png

On through to the family room:
    11-03-14_10-26nbspPM_zps16ac37c1.png

And past here is the last room on the main floor, the Music room:
    11-03-14_10-27nbspPM-2_zps903fd1c7.png
    11-03-14_10-27nbspPM_zpsb6ecc4ae.png

Upstairs there are lots of sitting areas for reading or just relaxing:
    11-04-14_11-10nbspAM-2_zps9efd46d7.png
    11-04-14_11-11nbspAM_zps02a0c5a3.png

First Master en suite:
    11-04-14_11-12nbspAM-2_zps096075b0.png
    11-04-14_11-13nbspAM_zpsdd5f71f2.png
    11-03-14_10-31nbspPM-3_zpsa7b26694.png

Second Master en suite:
    11-03-14_10-33nbspPM-2_zps22a8733c.png
    11-03-14_10-33nbspPM_zpsf59b7bb9.png
    11-04-14_11-09nbspAM_zpsdd7d0744.png

Girls en suite:
    11-03-14_10-38nbspPM_zpsea4e2698.png
    11-03-14_10-39nbspPM_zps7bfa8d6c.png
    11-03-14_10-39nbspPM-2_zpsbf2829a4.png

Boys en suite:
    11-03-14_10-36nbspPM_zps9a0ac0e6.png
    11-03-14_10-36nbspPM-2_zps48057193.png
    11-03-14_10-37nbspPM_zps3fa3c0b8.png

And that's it! Thank you for having a look! If you would like to see more pictures, please click here:

s1285.photobucket.com/user/WrathofCath/media/Greenbrier/11-04-14_12-08nbspPM-2_zps49e7c41f.png.html?sort=6&o=0

Nighty-Night!
    11-07-14_7-01nbspPM_zps136c7651.png

Post edited by WrathofCath on
  • Options
    Christi83Christi83 Posts: 82 Member
    Beautiful @WrathofCath. I LOVE the landscaping, the way you rounded it is really pretty. The interior is also perfectly put together. Really well done! :)
    [