Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Trick wrote: »
    gayars wrote: »
    Just curious, is it possible that some cache may need to be deleted to clear it up after the patch, or is it that it just didn't totally take care of it?

Well, it did fix the bug that was causing sims to inherit the wrong features when they aged to Adult. Now it happens in a different life stage... maybe that's progress.

If they keep moving down the life scale ladder, there should only be two more botched patches before it's fixed for good.

I can't wait to see all the 9-year-old sims running around with their manly jaws. ;)
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Same for me as everyone else. I took out shimrod's mod, started a clean game and randomizing sims is still completely broken. I got 7 or 8 in a row that were pretty much identical, asian eyes is/was what always stood out to me most. Then I got one that looked... kinda different, sort of?

So then I pulled a big-eyed sim out of my library and ran age checks on him. He looks very consistent from childhood to elder with the exception of young adult where he mutated horribly. *sigh*

I then put shimrod's mod back in. EA is still batting a thousand I see.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    my anti-virus hates mod-the-sims.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2014
    BAH!!! It's not fixed. If anything, it's worse. Now even the children are randomly being created with the itty bitty eyes and dimpled chin that the females had before, gah.

I made a child in CAS, I hit randomize 50 times and every single time the child had the same eyes. Then I took one of those children and gave him giant bug eyes and aged him up. Teen and young adult snapped down to little eyes and then adult and elder went back to bug eyes.

Then I took my random Sim out to the park to see what the game would spawn, an army of small eyed Sims. The males, females, children regardless of age all had the same small eyes. Add to that, now they are all very pear shaped. In the previous games, it was just the males with this body shape and the women would all spawn with giant breasts and mega-butts....now they all have pear shapes.

Images.....to show it all. They need to fix that broken randomizer and not just apply a band aid.

CAS random child

randomchild_zps22fcf30c.pngrandomchild2_zps397f3c99.png

CAS bug eyed child aging up (I forgot to resize one, sorry).

child_zps3ad05e7e.pngteen_zpse23621ae.pngyoungadult_zpsf11cb7ac.pngadult_zpsfe3cdeef.pngelder_zps8e4e27c6.png

Army of clones

townie5_zpsd346643a.pngtownie6_zps6accfd85.pngtownie1_zpsb8fb8fe3.pngtownie2_zpsde246ecc.pngtownie3_zps42568f1b.pngtownie4_zps2edc24ea.png

Why are all the females so angry? Oh it's because they all have pear bottoms now.

This is in a vanilla game, I moved my Sims 4 folder to a safe place and let the game make a new one. I repaired my game first. I did not add in any mods (I don't have CC). So, as far as I can see? It's not only not fixed but it appears to be even more broken.
    Sincerbox wrote: »
    RNG. Never seen it abbreviated that way but given the context it means random number generator.

I just got this chance card exploring space.

RouteFail.jpg

I couldn't remember the name of it, sorry. Yes, that's it!

I'm never around during the Guru Chats, please somebody point them to all the images in this thread. It's not fixed, not even close.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    edited October 2014
    Wait wait wait...so EA finally released the long awaited patch we've all been gnawing at our fingernails for and the problem still isn't fixed?

This is really upsetting. How in the world did they not notice this? You would think patching in a bug fix would...oh, I don't know...actually fix the bug, not make it worse. Have the gurus been made aware of this?

Thank god for shimrod's mod, though even with the mod, I still get males with all the same jaws. Like every time I randomize a sim, the first jaw preset is selected. Is that just me? Or has shimrod updated his mod to fix this?

EDIT: Had a look at Shimrod's mod page and answered my own question lol.
  • Options
    Wait wait wait...so EA finally released the long awaited patch we've all been gnawing at our fingernails for and the problem still isn't fixed?

This is really upsetting. How in the world did they not notice this? You would think patching in a bug fix would...oh, I don't know...actually fix the bug, not make it worse. Have the gurus been made aware of this?

Thank god for shimrod's mod, though even with the mod, I still get males with all the same jaws. Like every time I randomize a sim, the first jaw preset is selected. Is that just me? Or has shimrod updated his mod to fix this?

In the interest of being fair, I did notice that my random Sims are no longer plagued with being all elders or all single mother households comprised of a dark female adult, a dark teen female, and a fair male child. So...that wasn't in the patch notes.....but it looks like that was fixed? Too bad they now all look exactly alike but the skin color, ages, and genders are better distributed.
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited October 2014

Glad there's two of us - that should help devs :) (Or they could just peek at Shimrod's mod ;) )

I just feel it's sad that a modder can do something more quickly, more efficiently and correctly to a game that they didn't even design or make and the people designing this game can't seem to figure it out.

I saw that there was a patch:
    459.gif

I learned the patch was still kinda borked:
    anigif_enhanced-21800-1391013501-26.gif

And if this patch has created another glitch that they're going to barely address, I'm just gonna...

giphy.gif
    tumblr_ljvfizyuJ31qixleeo1_400.gif
    tumblr_nc4pmerahA1tr6cydo2_500.gif

I just like to think of EA as Joffrey. Entitled, spoiled with too much money and not a care for others until it affects them. Was handed the Plumbob Kingdom from Maxis took it with no love, save the love of money and milked it dry.

Then I like to pretend I'm Cersei for a minute.
    7e53a9f0-a596-0131-f721-4ea8d3f03829.gif?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAIV2GBF52KUKP672A&Expires=1715293161&Signature=iuZiYatdOtppkaxYHRjZ9JMTifE%3D

• Options

In the interest of being fair, I did notice that my random Sims are no longer plagued with being all elders or all single mother households comprised of a dark female adult, a dark teen female, and a fair male child. So...that wasn't in the patch notes.....but it looks like that was fixed? Too bad they now all look exactly alike but the skin color, ages, and genders are better distributed.

Ahhhh that is great to know! Well besides them all looking alike, the game seems to generate more diverse families now?
  • Options

Ahhhh that is great to know! Well besides them all looking alike, the game seems to generate more diverse families now?

Mine did, I have screens of the townies. I was actually surprised, I was scared to send my Sims to the parks because it always resulted in nothing but single mother households being created. This time, the game actually made full families that looked like they were related (skin tone and technically all with the same small eyes, nose, and chin).
  • Options

Mine did, I have screens of the townies. I was actually surprised, I was scared to send my Sims to the parks because it always resulted in nothing but single mother households being created. This time, the game actually made full families that looked like they were related (skin tone and technically all with the same small eyes, nose, and chin).

I feel your pain, I was afraid to start a new saved game because it seemed like my old one had finally figured out how to generate something other than those single mother households. There was not much diversity still, but I would rather claw my own eyes out than see another single mother household lol. So this is great news.

Screenshots? I would love to see, if you're up to sharing :)
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    edited October 2014

Hahaha! Whenever you're the last one to post it says "Small Eyes Wide Jaw Glitch----xitneverendss"

2925014_orig.png

LOL

Post edited by DarciTheFox on
  • Options

Hahaha! Whenever you're the last one to post it says "Small Eyes Wide Jaw Glitch----xitneverendss"

LOL

LMAO, that is just way too accurate and ironic :joy:

P.S. I got a good laugh out of your GOT references xD
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    What I don't get is how the people who made the game, the people who presumably know the game inside-and-out, can't even recognize (let alone fix) an issue that is so plainly apparent to anyone who has bothered to simply compare a few sims side-by-side.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member

LOL

Am I bad because I laughed?
  • Options

LOL

Am I bad because I laughed?

Not at all :P
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I feel your pain, I was afraid to start a new saved game because it seemed like my old one had finally figured out how to generate something other than those single mother households. There was not much diversity still, but I would rather claw my own eyes out than see another single mother household lol. So this is great news.

Screenshots? I would love to see, if you're up to sharing :)

Here you go, my game has never created actual families like these before so not sure what changed.

TS42014-10-2118-36-28-21_zps2fc61ab1.png

TS42014-10-2118-36-37-11_zps79d68cf9.png

It created these and an elder male when my Sim went to the park.
  • Options
    keobookskeobooks Posts: 103 Member
    I just had a bunch of "narrow shouldered wide pelvis" male townies generate in my game. Bleah! Also, this update broke Shimrod's lighting mod in my game. This gives me great sorrow.
  • Options
    SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    Im a bit baffled. Did they not test this patch at all? How could they not have picked up on the failedness (yeah I know it's not a word ;)) of it when simmers did so easily.
    I guess I'm off to not pro-create again.
  • Options
    Bran110Bran110 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited October 2014
    Yep. Tired of this glitch!

I have not played the game for awhile just because of this glitch. I hate cloned townies spawning all over town with small eyes and wide jawlines.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member

Well, that's exciting!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Well, that's exciting!

Be nice, I'm trying to be positive and not just berate them for not fixing it......lol.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    edited October 2014

Well, that's exciting!

Be nice, I'm trying to be positive and not just berate them for not fixing it......lol.

I really meant that! My game has had the same household structure problem as yours, just with waaaaaaaaaaaaaay fewer households being created. I just want to play, so if I can micromanage less and keep fixing Sim faces with a mod, I'm not all that unhappy :)

(Though I'd prefer fewer mods. At least they don't seem to slow the game down?)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Well, that's exciting!

I really meant that! My game has had the same household structure problem as yours, just with waaaaaaaaaaaaaay fewer households being created. I just want to play :)

I posted screens somewhere in one of these update threads, I was so excited! I actually have honest to goodness randomly spawned families consisting of a husband, wife, teen, and child.....and...they look like a family. LOL, the little things make me so happy in this game.

I like a diverse game, I want my spawned townies to cover the full spectrum and not just be all elders or all single mother households or all clones with the same small eyes, nose, chin, and pear shaped bottoms.
  • Options
    brytewolfbrytewolf Posts: 144 Member

Well, that's exciting!

I really meant that! My game has had the same household structure problem as yours, just with waaaaaaaaaaaaaay fewer households being created. I just want to play :)

I posted screens somewhere in one of these update threads, I was so excited! I actually have honest to goodness randomly spawned families consisting of a husband, wife, teen, and child.....and...they look like a family. LOL, the little things make me so happy in this game.

I like a diverse game, I want my spawned townies to cover the full spectrum and not just be all elders or all single mother households or all clones with the same small eyes, nose, chin, and pear shaped bottoms.

I am so jelly right now! I still have mother, teenage daughter, and son popping up all over the place. And I love having diversity color-wise, but I swear all of these dysfunctional families are POC. Not cool EA, not cool.
    5xgM8XF.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top