The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small Eyes, Wide Jaw Glitch.

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I don't understand, is it fixed or not fixed? I'm scared to turn my aging on EVER. Lol. :p I hope they get it fixed correctly! :s

Ageing from teen to YA is now borked.
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    OH MAH GAWD. My sims are just going to be immortal. That's all there is to it. :(
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    I know a lot of people aren't fond of mods... I'm one of them, but I do use Shimrod's. It does a great job of fixing the problem, and still works after this botched attempt at a patch.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=538744

If you grabbed it when it first came out, there were still some issues to iron out, so get the new Version 2.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    AndreaSimAndreaSim Posts: 28 Member
    edited October 2014
    > @DarciTheFox said:
    > OH MAH GAWD. My sims are just going to be immortal. That's all there is to it. :(

I think the actual genetics are fixed though. Like the kids should inherit the proper appearance, but they are all going to look odd for just the YA lifestage. If that's the case it's playable, to me anyhow.

Edit: Playable for now anyhow!
  • Options
    DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    Yeah, I'm very particular on the way my sim's look throughout their lives and I really don't want to play with aging on even if it's only one lifestage that's borked. YA is a big lifestage to be borked, lol.

That's nice that the genetics are looking good and seemed to be fixed though. Hopefully they'll look into this further. :D
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    I was surprised to see that this had been patched. Then to read that it actually isn't fixed is... expected, really. I had little to no faith that EA would get this right and repair the issue. It's sad. Very very very annoyed! I will not be buying any more games from The Sims franchise. Never thought I'd say that, but enough is enough. So once again, thank you @Shimrod1 for making a game from a franchise I've loved since childhood, and paid $60 for, playable.
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    I was surprised to see that this had been patched. Then to read that it actually isn't fixed is... expected, really. I had little to no faith that EA would get this right and repair the issue. It's sad. Very very very annoyed! I will not be buying any more games from The Sims franchise. Never thought I'd say that, but enough is enough. So once again, thank you @Shimrod1 for making a game from a franchise I've loved since childhood, and paid $60 for, playable.

Can you provide a link to the fix? Please and ty!
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    nevermind i went a page back and saw it! :)
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2014
    SMH.

All that can be said, really. Now we face another extended wait for the next patch (which undoubtedly won't even address the underlying issue much less actually fix anything) to go through the testing and approval process.

* The 1st step in troubleshooting theory is to first identify the problem. They haven't even done that. My confidence that we will see this fixed anytime soon is at a really low ebb right now.
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Dang it! The patch was a lie!
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    Dang it! The patch was a lie!

Would you like to... try again?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Yay! It seems like i got a new bug with this update. Every second sim i randomize look like this:
    Bug.png
    I even got a name for it: Narrow shoulders and wide pelvis.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • Options
    brytewolfbrytewolf Posts: 144 Member
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    Yay! It seems like i got a new bug with this update. Every second sim i randomize look like this:
    Bug.png
    I even got a name for it: Narrow shoulders and wide pelvis.

This is....so very disturbing, on so many levels. And increases my sadness a thousand fold :(
    5xgM8XF.gif
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited October 2014
    Oh I was so excited that it was fixed in today's patch. In case anyone is looking for example pictures of the sadness, here's one:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/jessathemessa/WideJawSquinyEyes_zps082de5b1.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    Okay, just played around in CAS without any mods in a vanilla game, vanilla Sims 4 folder. I'm seeing this:

- full randomization for females, all age groups
    - normal aging for females, beginning in any group
    - full randomization for males in all age groups except Young Adult, where the problems are the jaw and eyes (I can't reproduce any problem in body shape)
    - normal aging for males except to Young Adult

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Okay, just played around in CAS without any mods in a vanilla game, vanilla Sims 4 folder. I'm seeing this:

- full randomization for males in all age groups except Young Adult, where the problems are the jaw and eyes (I can't reproduce any problem in body shape)

Exactly what I've experienced since the patch today.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited October 2014

Glad there's two of us - that should help devs :) (Or they could just peek at Shimrod's mod ;) )
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SmoochSmooch Posts: 387 Member

Glad there's two of us - that should help devs :) (Or they could just peek at Shimrod's mod ;) )

Why the holy heck can't they get it right :(

CxevBFV.gif
  • Options
    Bran110Bran110 Posts: 3 New Member
    I have had this glitch since the demo... =[

But I thought I would stop by with an update for the latest patch. Although the patch says it fixed the small eyes and default wide jaw, I am still having the problem with only the YA male life stage.

A male created in game is fine throughout all life stages, but the glitch is still occurring if you take a female and change the gender to male or if you randomize a male Sim.

I really hope they fix this soon, this glitch is extremely irritating.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited October 2014

I asked in the other thread if anybody had done this yet, didn't get any response. Thank you for testing this way! I'm wondering if the game files are corrupt somehow and you have to completely start over with a vanilla game? I don't know, just guessing since I've not done any testing yet.

I just got home, I'm testing it this way myself by removing my Sims 4 folder and letting the game create a new one. No mods (don't have any CC anyways) and then going to play a new game with some random Sim to see what happens to the random spawned townies.

As far as the odd body shape? Nothing new, all my random male Sims have always had that figure. The females are even fatter. My random townies are all obese with the same itty bitty eyes, giant jaws, and bad fashion sense. It's why they are deleted every single week.

Edit: Because blasted auto-draft saved something I had wanted to post a week ago and changed my mind about......why can't we turn the auto-draft OFF????

Edit 2: I've recently started having a problem with my female children, when they age up to teens? They look like men in drag, it's super scary.
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    SMH.

All that can be said, really. Now we face another extended wait for the next patch (which undoubtedly won't even address the underlying issue much less actually fix anything) to go through the testing and approval process.

* The 1st step in troubleshooting theory is to first identify the problem. They haven't even done that. My confidence that we will see this fixed anytime soon is at a really low ebb right now.

We both and @MsPhy have been very vocal about this concern, that they would address the symptom and not the underlying cause. It would appear that was exactly what happened. They've been told what the problem is, it's the randomizer and somebody even said something about a RNG (or something like that) that was a problem in a previous Sims game. I'm not ready to grab the pitchforks....yet....I will be if the randomizer isn't addressed in the next patch.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    RNG. Never seen it abbreviated that way but given the context it means random number generator.

I just got this chance card exploring space.

RouteFail.jpg
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    I just deleted the mod a few hours ago; time to download it again . :neutral_face:
    Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Just curious, is it possible that some cache may need to be deleted to clear it up after the patch, or is it that it just didn't totally take care of it?
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited October 2014
    gayars wrote: »
    Just curious, is it possible that some cache may need to be deleted to clear it up after the patch, or is it that it just didn't totally take care of it?

Well, it did fix the bug that was causing sims to inherit the wrong features when they aged to Adult. Now it happens in a different life stage... maybe that's progress.

If they keep moving down the life scale ladder, there should only be two more botched patches before it's fixed for good.

banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top