Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not eligible to age up?

This started happening to me after the patch, any suggestions?
2mmtpxv.jpg
Harmony had a baby and she couldn't age the baby up, at all. She can't age up, her friend Roxy can't age up.

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I believe that if you have aging off it will not allow you to use the cake. Do you have aging off?
  • Options
    JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    Yep, my niece was on my computer the day Ghosts were released and must have been playing around with my settings.

Thanks
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    I believe that if you have aging off it will not allow you to use the cake. Do you have aging off?
    No, it should still allow her to age them up. I've only seen this option with pregnant and elder Sims.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    renzilla wrote: »
    No, it should still allow her to age them up. I've only seen this option with pregnant and elder Sims.

Not since the patch. At least that is what I've experienced.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    This new patch must've broken aging! I had aging off for all my sims the whole time I've been playing this game, and today they began aging no matter what I do. I have to stop playing till they patch this patch :'(
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    enkeli63 wrote: »
    This new patch must've broken aging! I had aging off for all my sims the whole time I've been playing this game, and today they began aging no matter what I do. I have to stop playing till they patch this patch :'(

I thought I had been too, but the other day my niece was playing with my settings so I second guessed myself, I suppose.
    renzilla wrote: »

I thought I had it off, because Graham said that aging was off in the video but he was still able to age them up by cake.

• Options
    SimGuruGrantSimGuruGrant Posts: 392 SimGuru
    Hi guys -- We are currently working on this issue for a patch in the very near future (sorry, cannot provide explicit dates, you know the drill by now).

This issue, which seems to be related to Auto-Aging not working, is a troubling one that we are working on right now. We take this very seriously. We'll make it right.

This issue can be resolved by turning Aging On in the Options Panel. In Live Mode, hit Esc, or hit the ... in the top right corner. Go to Options --> Gameplay Options. Turn Auto-Age for Played Sims to Yes, Age the Sim up (using a cake), then turn the option back off if you want to continue your Sims not aging.

We're sorry about this guys. Not sure how this slipped through or how it was even introduced. We'll make it right.
  • Options
    Hi guys -- We are currently working on this issue for a patch in the very near future (sorry, cannot provide explicit dates, you know the drill by now).

This issue, which seems to be related to Auto-Aging not working, is a troubling one that we are working on right now. We take this very seriously. We'll make it right.

This issue can be resolved by turning Aging On in the Options Panel. In Live Mode, hit Esc, or hit the ... in the top right corner. Go to Options --> Gameplay Options. Turn Auto-Age for Played Sims to Yes, Age the Sim up (using a cake), then turn the option back off if you want to continue your Sims not aging.

We're sorry about this guys. Not sure how this slipped through or how it was even introduced. We'll make it right.

@SimGuruGrant, please take a look at aging! Turning it off is not working!! My sims are aging now since the patch and I tried turning on aging and turning it off again, just to make sure the game registered that setting, yet they are aging. There's no way I can stop it. Please fix it so we can turn aging off again!!!

I can't play the game till it's fixed :'(

OriginID Starwing6

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Thank you very much Grant, I appreciate you stopping by to clarify this!!!

Have a wonderful day.

Edit: Thanks to everyone who offered up solutions!

• Options
    @SimGuruGrant Thanks for coming in and clarifying! :)
  • Options
    SimGuruGrantSimGuruGrant Posts: 392 SimGuru

@SimGuruGrant, please take a look at aging! Turning it off is not working!! My sims are aging now since the patch and I tried turning on aging and turning it off again, just to make sure the game registered that setting, yet they are aging. There's no way I can stop it. Please fix it so we can turn aging off again!!!

We're on it!

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    edited October 2014
    I wanna add some concern about the ages in the game. Not sure if it was caused by the patch and related to what @SimGuruGrant
    says they're on, but I'll post it here anyway.

I just found that my elderly sim, who is on her first day of the life stage, is 91 years old. Summing up all life stages should give about 71 years, right? YA and A are 20 (or 21?) years each, was 20 added to the sum once too many?

Child 14 + Teen 14 + YA 21 + A 21 = 70, + 1 year for the baby stage perhaps...

Is this only in my game? It probably won't affect anything but the number itself, her life stage seems normal and she will probably live as long as if the age said 71, but skipping 20 years (days) of age just like that, can't be healthy :)

Edit: adding a screenie:
    age91.jpg

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options

We're on it!

{{{HUGS}}}

Thank you oh so much!!!!!!!

*celebrates*

When this is fixed, I will put you on the top of the heroes list <3
    OriginID Starwing6

• Options
    DuskviperDuskviper Posts: 47 Member
    I have had an issue now for awhile. New Game, my sim befriends Cassandra Goth, she then becomes a YA and I get into a relationship with her and move her in. Life Span is on long and I allow everyone to age (including Unplayed sims). Her Brother who was a kid has aged up to young adult while both Cassandra and my Sim are still YA. Something weird is going on. Mortimer and Bella have not aged yet. Mortimer is Adult and Bella is still a YA. Now Cassandra's Brother is inviting my sims to a birthday party of his which will make him an Adult. He has aged up beyond his sister who was older than him and beyond his own mother. As I have said. Aging is on for all sims and the life span is on Long. Nothing has been changed and no mods have ever been used. Is aging still busted?
  • Options
    ellsanmacleodellsanmacleod Posts: 3 New Member
    i have aging on but one of my sims just will not age. and also do you know how to turn off cas.fulleditmode?
  • Options
    King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    I had this issue as well. It has to do with the nanny. Here is a thread that may help you. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15025452/#Comment_15025452
  • Options
    BeanfootBeanfoot Posts: 602 Member
    edited July 2016
    i have aging on but one of my sims just will not age. and also do you know how to turn off cas.fulleditmode?

This is a really old thread from 2014, so your aging issue might be related to the nanny bug as opposed to this [fixed] one. There are solutions posted throughout the forum about how to remove the "has met nanny" trait that makes aging up and dying impossible.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/894531/fix-for-new-aging-problems-eas-new-nanny-is-at-fault

Also, I'm pretty sure it's just "cas.fulleditmode off" to turn it off.
  • Options
    King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    Beanfoot wrote: »

This is a really old thread from 2014, so your aging issue might be related to the nanny bug. There are solutions posted throughout the forum about how to remove the "has met nanny" trait that makes aging up and dying impossible. I will edit this post with a link (I'm on my phone).

Also, I'm pretty sure it's just "cas.fulleditmode off" to turn it off.

It's caused by a hidden trait given from the nanny.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

The aging issue is caused by a bug introduced in the last patch and is related to the nanny. To fix:

Select the affected sim
    Open the console - CTRL+SHIFT+C
    Type: Traits.Remove_trait HasMetNanny
    Hit Enter

While you are there:

Type: cas.fulleditmode off
    Hit Enter

Close the console - CTRL+SHIFT+C

Now that will fix that sim, but if you continue to use the nanny then there is the possibility that a sim could get bewitched by the nanny casting her immortality spell again!

If that happens, use the fix above again.

There is a mod available that can prevent it from happening again until it is patched:
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=580319

Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member

Hello @ellsanmacleod
    Crinrict has found a solution for the issue. Try typing in the cheat codes that are in this link blog post and see if it helps the issue with your sim
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/07/sim-dont-age-anymore/