Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ruthless Real Estate: 2br1ba. Starter for $17k pg.20

Comments

• Options
    NakbabyNakbaby Posts: 146 New Member
    > @ruthless_kk said:
    > Here is another 2br. starter for your new simmies.....Oasis Springs style Under $20k. In the Gallery under user name ruthless_kk

@AndrewsArcade used this starter home in his livestream (which led me here) and I loved it! You are such an awesome builder. I can't wait to see what else you will do in the future!
  • Options
    skyeuk05skyeuk05 Posts: 122 Member
    These are fantastic, you are very creative :)
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    Nakbaby wrote: »
    > @ruthless_kk said:<br />
    > Here is another 2br. starter for your new simmies.....Oasis Springs style Under $20k. In the Gallery under user name ruthless_kk<br />
    <br />
    @AndrewsArcade used this starter home in his livestream (which led me here) and I loved it! You are such an awesome builder. I can't wait to see what else you will do in the future!

So neat to see my houses being used! Is there a link?
  • Options
    FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    Hey Ruthy o/ Fantastic builds with my fave being that green craftsman starter <3 I was wondering if the embiggen cheat carries over to a lot uploaded to the gallery? It could be very useful for landscaping :D
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    I absolutely LOVE your houses! I downloaded the 3br/3ba + study (the red one) and am currently using it in my game. I am running out of space, though. :lol: My couple just had 2 more kids for a total of 5. So, I need to figure out a way to expand without ruining the house. You don't perhaps have a 4br house in the works, do you? :D

PS
    For pics of my Sims 4 family (loosely based on my current wishacy heir) and your house, I added a few to my story link.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Fischio wrote: »
    Hey Ruthy o/ Fantastic builds with my fave being that green craftsman starter <3 I was wondering if the embiggen cheat carries over to a lot uploaded to the gallery? It could be very useful for landscaping :D

It does! And it is hella-useful for landscaping....different sized bushes...bigger sunflowers ( why are they so puny this time around?) and so much more.

You have to be really careful though...the larger size footprint will conflict with other things. Game will let you place things without a problem, but if the bigger thing overlaps in any way with the footprint of something else in the game, when you save the lot and re-enter it...things that are in conflict will disappear. So its kind of like a "psyche!" from the game.

So when using the cheat, it is important to not intersect anything with the larger footprint and to save to library and reload the lot to have a look-see and ensure stuff hasnt disappeared. :)
  • Options
    I absolutely LOVE your houses! I downloaded the 3br/3ba + study (the red one) and am currently using it in my game. I am running out of space, though. :lol: My couple just had 2 more kids for a total of 5. So, I need to figure out a way to expand without ruining the house. You don't perhaps have a 4br house in the works, do you? :D

PS
    For pics of my Sims 4 family (loosely based on my current wishacy heir) and your house, I added a few to my story link.

Well...I have a 6 bedroom modern style home that is just about done. It will be ready today. But its modern.

Next on my list is a 5 bedroom traditional style home for larger families. I did a bunch of smaller stuff, so now I am working on a few larger builds for bigger families. :)
  • Options
    FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    Fischio wrote: »

It does! And it is hella-useful for landscaping....different sized bushes...bigger sunflowers ( why are they so puny this time around?) and so much more.

You have to be really careful though...the larger size footprint will conflict with other things. Game will let you place things without a problem, but if the bigger thing overlaps in any way with the footprint of something else in the game, when you save the lot and re-enter it...things that are in conflict will disappear. So its kind of like a "psyche!" from the game.

So when using the cheat, it is important to not intersect anything with the larger footprint and to save to library and reload the lot to have a look-see and ensure stuff hasnt disappeared. :)

Oooh that's awesome :D Thanks for the info! No MOO no CFE but at least we can embiggen things \o/

• Options
    I'll take a 6 bedroom, too. :) I like modern styles along with many others. ;) I will keep a eye on your thread. It gives me the excuse to have one more kid. ;)
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Jasonmazda2Jasonmazda2 Posts: 3,532 Member
    3br. 3ba +study cottage: the red one is my favourite! the exterior and landscaping is top notch! high quality builds right here from a veteran simmer! Always looking forward to future work Ruth!
    hgjghj.jpg
  • Options
    Ok, @lovesstorms here is the modern :)

Modernity has 6 bedrooms, 4 baths, a hobby room, a large study, a work out loft, a kids play area, and a large party patio with a bar.
    Find it in the Gallery under my origin name: ruthless_kk

1585694d-9d2a-406b-ac3b-7c93f2adedf7.png

f2b46426-6728-4d22-b2e3-f5b0901afe4e.png
    ( you would never know the house is white and gray with the golden lighting scheme)

4075ead8-b394-47c0-b7bf-2eff7fb7ad12.png

5bc664f7-84e3-4990-99dc-d82bb43a1242.png

8b6cd228-8b07-4d19-ad23-39f60934d63d.png

06e21996-1f83-434a-b997-ee319638f682.png

1ca10422-5a4c-46a7-848e-549179e2b9df.png

0d1098a0-692e-4b91-953a-939cc37e6f22.png

d256b9e1-6369-4621-b148-494e3ca86e39.png
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Oh wow stunning creations Ruthless! Let me follow and download some! 3br. 2ba contemporary and 6br. 4ba are my faves!
  • Options
    vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    So in love with modernity!
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • Options
    Sold! I'll take it! How do you get the gold lighting theme?
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member

Modernity has 6 bedrooms, 4 baths, a hobby room, a large study, a work out loft, a kids play area, and a large party patio with a bar.

A girl after my own <3 I am a HUGE modern nutter! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! May I ask how much the bill is? I'd very much have an idea for my future gen for this ^_^ weeee!!!
  • Options
    FlintNo1FlintNo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Absolutely love the houses especially the modern ones, mine all end up looking like little cubes. :)
    SimsSig01_zpsdc4454f3.png
  • Options
    Sold! I'll take it! How do you get the gold lighting theme?

that is how "afternoon" looks in the desert town. Morning is yellowish too. :) It looks very dramatic and I appreciate the strong differences in the lighting, but it makes building hard when you use white paint and it looks gold. I would love a "neutral" light option for building and taking pictures.

• Options
    Veriona wrote: »

A girl after my own <3 I am a HUGE modern nutter! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! May I ask how much the bill is? I'd very much have an idea for my future gen for this ^_^ weeee!!!

I have no idea. :) My active family doesnt have the funds so I moved in a bin family to test. I only played for a couple of days to make sure I didnt run into a routing problem. The bill had not arrived yet. The house is $160k or so....
  • Options
    thuakheawthuakheaw Posts: 54 Member

Super Gorgeous Luxury in the Modern way,
    Give the great feeling of villa house too .
    Well done!
    The most fave house from you this one and also the desert starter one :blush:
    kgsig.gif
  • Options
    MandyAmandyMandyAmandy Posts: 51 Member
    Ok your new 6 bedroom modern house just blows me away! It's so stunning! My sim ended up having twin boys this time so I might need to upgrade again soon!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Modernity is very nice! :) The exterior of it looks very great! Very nice roofing! It is nice how you have taken the evening picture of it with the moon in the sky. The textures that you have used for the exterior look great. Very nice water fountains feature in the front of the house and it looks great how you have done the plants and rocks in the front area of the build. Very nice back patios areas! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating outdoors at the umbrella covered tables, enjoying the sunshine, or having a drink from the bar. The sun decor item on the wall is a nice touch. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice living room for sims to enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofa seats there having a chat and enjoying listening to the grand piano being played. It looks great how you have done the blue coloured section of the wall and have placed a nice picture there. Great design of the kitchen and dining areas! The texture of the kitchen walls looks great! Very nice island curved counter bar stool dining counter! It looks very nice have you have done the kitchen windows for sims to enjoy having the sunlight coming in whilst cooking meals there . The hanging pots and pans are a nice touch. Nice modern style dining seats that you have used for sims to enjoy eating their meals on. The plant on the dining table is nice for sims to see when dining there. Very nice study room! It looks great how you have created a study desk table nook area with placing the bookcases either side of the desk. Sims will enjoy sitting at the table using the computer or resting on the sofa or armchairs reading a book. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! Nice colours and patterns that you have used for the beds, walls and furnishings that look great together. The floor rugs add a nice look to the room too.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Hi Ms K!! Oh My! Gorgeous modern. Hope you don't mind me asking. I have finally figured out the camera controls and have got some nice pics of my new build, BUT how do you get a nice Gallery pic. It wants to show the side of the house NOT the front. Help please and thank you!

toodles,
    Cassee
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    Cassee wrote: »
    Hi Ms K!! Oh My! Gorgeous modern. Hope you don't mind me asking. I have finally figured out the camera controls and have got some nice pics of my new build, BUT how do you get a nice Gallery pic. It wants to show the side of the house NOT the front. Help please and thank you!

toodles,
    Cassee

First of all...no I dont mind questions at all. If I know the answer I am happy to help! :)

As far as the gallery pix go.....the game takes it automatically from what it considers the "front" of the lot. There is no changing that. Only thing we have control over is the lighting and how close the house is to the street.

Sooooo....what you may need to do is place it on a different lot of the same size. If the lot you are on considers the "short side" of the lot the front, look in the world and see if there is a lot the same size that considers the "long side" the front and place it and load to the library and gallery from there. That should do it.
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    Modernity is your best so far imo. But I still got another page or two of this thread to go! :smile:
    5sXtTqH.png